Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/12/2021

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That said, I don't think her father should have control over her because she might spend her money recklessly. If she earned the money, it's not really his business what she does with it and it sounds like he and the rest of the family have been living off her.

Thank you.  Where were the cries for conservatorship for male celebrities who were acting erratic?  Of course, they have all been living off of her, while BS had to get a court-appointed attorney.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Geez, Sara, journalists who write about the trump WH are not profiting from him. Phil Rucker and Carol Leonnig are respected NYT journalists who have written several exposé books about the trump admin. That’s pretty crappy to tell people not to buy them.

They are Pulitzer Prize winning authors. Does she think anyone who writes a book about a famous person is profiting off them?  Isn't the View profiting off celebs when they discuss them?   As soon as their book is available I'm requesting it from the library.  Why did Sara tell people not to buy their book?

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thank you.  Where were the cries for conservatorship for male celebrities who were acting erratic?  Of course, they have all been living off of her, while BS had to get a court-appointed attorney.

yeah, i have never understood why she seems to have been singled out for this conservatorship move

we've seen lots of other celebrities go off the deep end and nothing happened.

seems like she should be given a chance to live her life as she wants without someone judging her and restricting her every move

• Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

If Meghan actually wanted the  anyone in the administration to ask for her help if spreading a pro-vaccination message, first, she would have to be a strong, vocal advocate for getting vaccinated.  Twitter, Instagram, Facebook - instead of posting daily selfies so we can see how her makeup and hair looks with filters, use those platforms to spread the message.  Don't just offer to do it - DO IT!   

Meghan could even join those interests together. Let people with proof of recent vaccines vote on the Absurd Hairstyle of the Day or photoshop something funny or interesting happening as she glances to her left!  In all seriousness, I hope she takes a break from toxic political bickering. She's not good at it and gets a lot of hate for it. When Liberty stops "sleeping like a Marine," Meghan is going to need her energy (Was it really necessary to rub that in Sara's face?). As my friend's dad once said, God makes toddlers so cute because you'd never forgive them otherwise.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, bannana said:
On 7/15/2021 at 11:06 AM, Haleth said:

No, Meg, there is no question about the efficacy of the vaccines.  From the start it was stated that they are 95% effective.

Thank you! She kept saying everything was confusing...mixed messaging...blah blah blah. But all of the medical experts and scientists that have been on the show have been very clear. Just because you are fully vaccinated doesn't mean you cannot get sick. And it may not protect from the now several variants out there. They said to continue being cautious. And she now has this moment of clarity saying this raises questions about the efficacy of the vaccines. She is the Misinformer in Chief. No wonder the WH is not banging down her door to ask for her help.

This reminds me of the early days of mandatory seat belt wearing. Everyone “knew someone” who died In a car accident because they were wearing a seat belt and statistics regarding survival were made up,auto makers wanting to make money ,the press,the left…

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, yay!  Yvette and Ana!

Geez, Sara, journalists who write about the trump WH are not profiting from him. Phil Rucker and Carol Leonnig are respected NYT journalists who have written several exposé books about the trump admin. That’s pretty crappy to tell people not to buy them.

And while typing all that I missed Meghan Who?’s blather.

Please stop talking about underwear. 

I agree - these are respected journalists who have already tried to expose things about the trump administration that are shady and criminal.  they have written books, articles, and have been a presence on twitter with the information.  Yes, they are trying to sell books.  because they are WRITERS, and that's what writers do.  

I do think that it is shady that some people who WORKED for trump, and went along with his lies and illegal behavior, are now trying to expose him, when they took no responsibility to change things while working for him.  those books, maybe we should not buy. 

• Love 14

It's rare to see positive statements about Meghan (understandably so), but here goes.  She was actually quite pleasant today. She was friendly, she participated in all the topics, she laughed and she interacted with the other co-hosts.  If only she could be this way most of the time. 

I'll also say that it's not easy to constantly be told that your party/group is wrong, so I sympathize on that. That's why I always thought there should be 2 conservatives on the panel. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sara was hard to understand today (getting woken up 4 times in the night by a 5 year old will do that). I thought what she said that the journalists and historians who are writing now are doing a service by recording these events. The members of the administration who caused the things to happen and are now hoping to make money from their tell-all books, don't buy those.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Well no one is ever going to accuse her of being subtle!

I find it so bizarre that she respects Trump enough to call him President, but she apparently dislikes Biden so much that refuses to call him President Biden. Especially when you factor in that he was a friend of her father and that he comforted her through her grief.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

I find it so bizarre that she respects Trump enough to call him President, but she apparently dislikes Biden so much that refuses to call him President Biden. Especially when you factor in that he was a friend of her father and that he comforted her through her grief.

I think it is totally on brand for her.  Her life revolves around her political beliefs and if you don't share those same beliefs you don't matter to her.  Doesn't matter if  you are a family friend or not.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

My theory is that she is so desperate to be liked by Republicans who are pro Trump that she thinks she has to be disrespectful to any Democrat who holds office.  I also think she's angling for a Fox or similar gig and I guess she thinks that attitude is what they're expecting.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

This was the only great show this week. I guess because the other ladies are counting the days whereas Yvette brought a ray of sunshine into the place. Well, that, and Joy moderating automatically makes any day better, imo. The Colin Farrell interview was great. He was so cute during that old video of him line dancing!

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, bannana said:

She’s miffed Biden didn’t return her call about her covid messaging ideas. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Haha to Yvette asking Colin Farrell where to get a pint! Despite being sober (I think he still is), he was able to suggest several places to go with good humor.

I didn't realized he was an alcoholic and has been sober for many years. That does make it an odd question to ask but he was fabulous in his reply.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Doesn't he know she's been in politics all her life? What the fuck has he done?

Right!

Most people would be pleased as punch to have a close family friend be President of the US. Not MeAgain.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I noticed today that MeAgain said President Trump. Whenever she refers to the current President she calls him Biden. 

Excuse Me Wtf GIF by Kehlani

And Vice President Harris is "Kamala" to her on most days. She is such a hateful idiot.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, bannana said:

Right!

Most people would be pleased as punch to have a close family friend be President of the US. Not MeAgain.

I've heard of being too cool for school. I had never heard of being too cool for the President of the United States! Only Meghan.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Wait, her what? 😯

According to People, they have a nanny and her mother-in-law lives close by.  I'm not sure if the "sleep nanny" is for Liberty or MeAgain.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
40 minutes ago, deirdra said:

According to People, they have a nanny and her mother-in-law lives close by.  I'm not sure if the "sleep nanny" is for Liberty or MeAgain.

She said that "Liberty was sleeping like a Marine - from 7:00 to 7:00".  That's what I think she said.

• Love 2

During the interview with Colin Farrell, they showed a clip of him jumping into the ocean during Winter.  Ana asked him if he got "brain freeze" & I missed what he said that had everyone doubled over (except Joy).  I re-watched it a few minutes ago & his response was:  "It was over a year ago & they still haven't dropped."  Hilarious!!  He's so damn funny!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Wait, her what? 😯

A sleep coach. Presumably she coaches Liberty and her parents how to sleep through the night.

I guess it's a good idea, it seems to have worked. It's a bit much though to tell tell Sara who has three children and it's a 5 year old who is waking her up through the night now which is a completely different issue than an 8 month old sleeping through the night. (I wondered if Sara's son is sick, that's a common reason why kids of that age keep waking up.)

• Love 5
8 hours ago, bannana said:

I noticed today that MeAgain said President Trump. Whenever she refers to the current President she calls him Biden. 

Excuse Me Wtf GIF by Kehlani

There are republicans who are being shunned by other republicans because they refuse to say that trump won the election and is the true president.  Meghan isn't SAYING that the election was stolen, but she is acting in accordance with those beliefs .  she is choosing to not acknowledge President Biden, in order to not piss off the GOP . 

Oh - she's an idiot 

• Love 7
(edited)

What a delightful show!  I laughed out loud several times, especially during the granny panty discussion (having recently bought a few due to COVID weight gain, I could relate ☹️).  And Yvette and Colin were so funny and interesting.  Even MeAgain turning the first date topic into a political issue (“I dated in NY and LA so I just told them I’m a Republican” - really bitch? 🙄) didn’t derail the show.  Two weeks and counting!!!  I just hope the last week isn’t an extended tongue bath for the Arizona Princess 😡

Edited by jalady
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Wait, her what? 😯

She said she has a "sleep trainer" for Liberty. Who is sleeping from 7 pm to 7 am like a Marine, thanks to said sleep trainer.

Yeah, MeAgain can really relate to the peeps in the middle red States.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Count me in one the Colin love. He's incredibly charming. Hope he returns to the show soon. 

Too bad Whoopi wasn't there to say "Come back whenever you want." 😂

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

There are republicans who are being shunned by other republicans because they refuse to say that trump won the election and is the true president.  Meghan isn't SAYING that the election was stolen, but she is acting in accordance with those beliefs .  she is choosing to not acknowledge President Biden, in order to not piss off the GOP . 

Oh - she's an idiot 

In other words she is enabling their delusion. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, bannana said:

She said she has a "sleep trainer" for Liberty.

Omigosh, how did we or our kids ever learn to sleep without a trainer?  😱  (My 3 month old grandson, world's most perfect baby, sleeps 11ish to 6ish most nights.  No trainer required.  He's a natural athlete I guess.)

I get Colin Farrel mixed up with Christian Bale sometimes, so I was expecting someone aloof and snooty.  I was surprised Colin was so funny and charming.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bannana said:

She said she has a "sleep trainer" for Liberty. Who is sleeping from 7 pm to 7 am like a Marine, thanks to said sleep trainer.

Liberty probably would just rather sleep than listen to her momma talk

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Megamouth's sleep nanny:

index.jpg.d86da3f8d582667ceb5e1ab163bf9232.jpg

Now you're talking.  Who's pouring?

8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Too bad Whoopi wasn't there to say "Come back whenever you want." 😂

14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

During the interview with Colin Farrell, they showed a clip of him jumping into the ocean during Winter.  Ana asked him if he got "brain freeze" & I missed what he said that had everyone doubled over (except Joy).  I re-watched it a few minutes ago & his response was:  "It was over a year ago & they still haven't dropped."  Hilarious!!  He's so damn funny!!

The guy is h-o-t!  Love the accent.  Glad he's survived on this side of his partying days.  Miami Vice is a great movie to look up.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, bannana said:

I think this only happens IN the Beltway. 😉🤣😂

19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Count me in one the Colin love. He's incredibly charming. Hope he returns to the show soon. 

He and John Grisham, to me, have been the most delightful guests of the season. 😊

• Love 5
On 7/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, ifionlyknew said:

They are Pulitzer Prize winning authors. Does she think anyone who writes a book about a famous person is profiting off them?  Isn't the View profiting off celebs when they discuss them?   As soon as their book is available I'm requesting it from the library.  Why did Sara tell people not to buy their book?

I believe that the writers referred to are with the Washington Post, and are very, respected journalists.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

I believe that the writers referred to are with the Washington Post, and are very, respected journalists.

Ach, you are right.  I said NY Times above but you are correct that they write for the WaPo.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2021 at 12:54 AM, bannana said:

I've read that the best way to fall asleep is on your back, no pillow, with upper arms next to your sides, elbows bent and fingertips barely touching at your waist.  Then start at the top of your head and consciously think about each body part to relax (brow, eyelids, cheeks, mouth, shoulders ...) as you move slowly down to your toes. Feel yourself sinking comfortably into the mattress.  Then back up your body and back down if you need to until you fall asleep, which should take 20 minutes or less.  Apparently it works for marines working weird shifts and need to sleep during the day. Though I don't know how easy it would be to teach to an infant. It may work just as well to tell them to sleep like a baby.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I think they train  baby Liberty to change her own diaper during the night. And go to the kitchen for some milk.

And, on her way to the refrigerator, recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1