Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/12/2021

• Start Topic

What I like most about Ana is that she cuts through the hypocrisy. She doesn't care if you're on her side or not, she'll call out the stupidity. Unlike Meghan who today as usual tried to change the subject to take attention away from the anti-Fauci merch.

I was disappointed in Tuesday's discussion of teens and vaccines. Joy started out well, drawing attention to the fact that parents don't always make the best decisions and sometimes it's the kids who are smarter. But then the others argued that teens should not be allowed to make that decision without their parents permission. I can understand Sara and Meghan, their kids are so young that they probably can't imagine letting them make the decision without parental consent. But Sunny and Whoopi should know better, should know that parents don't always make the best decisions for their children whether it's because of misinformation, lack of scientific understanding (e.g. Meghan's comment that the vaccines are not FDA approved) or for other reasons (Tennessee has removed the official logo on all vaccine information and taken all teens off the reminder for a second dose; Joy noted the cheering at CPAC that Biden would not reach his 70% target). So what's a teen to do then?

Made me wish for emancipated-at-14 Drew Barrymore to have been there to weigh in.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But Sunny and Whoopi should know better, should know that parents don't always make the best decisions for their children whether it's because of misinformation, lack of scientific understanding (e.g. Meghan's comment that the vaccines are not FDA approved) or for other reasons

I have a former coworker who's fiancee has a 14 yr. old son who wants to get the vaccine.  His mother  has refused to give permission for him to get the shot.   She of course is anti vaccine. My co worker said she has done her research and thinks she knows best.  Yeah she knows better than thousands of medical experts. 

I watched JLC fawn all over Meghan and it was worse than you guys described. WTF service is she thanking Meghan for?

Richard Branson can explain his space ride any way he wants but from where I sit it was just a billionaire indulging himself.  

• Love 17
(edited)
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But Sunny and Whoopi should know better, should know that parents don't always make the best decisions for their children whether it's because of misinformation, lack of scientific understanding (e.g. Meghan's comment that the vaccines are not FDA approved) or for other reasons (Tennessee has removed the official logo on all vaccine information and taken all teens off the reminder for a second dose;

This is the reason I was expecting more from them, not MM of course, but the rest.  Essentially a teenager cannot even get vaccinated for polio or tetanus without parental permission and how likely is that to happen if the parents never followed the routine vaccine schedule most of us did for our kids?  Not likely.  It's not "just" Covid we're talking about here.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 3
(edited)

What is the matter with people? (rhetorical). Why would anyone get their medical advice from politicians and tv personalities?  SMH. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

What is the matter with people? (rhetorical). Why would anyone get their medical advice from politicians and tv personalities?  SMH. 

Well the View hired someone who became famous or perhaps infamous is a better word, for her medical beliefs.  I wasn't watching during her tenure because Joy wasn't there but I remember reading here maybe that she wasn't allowed to espouse her medical beliefs on air.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Ok, earlier this week Sara was against allowing teens to seek vaccines without parental permission, but today she thinks teens should be vaxxed?  So what if the parents are against?

No, Meg, there is no question about the efficacy of the vaccines.  From the start it was stated that they are 95% effective. And no, nothing the WH says, with or without your help, will change the minds of republican covid deniers.* And no, opioid abuse is not the topic. Stop trying to avoid the question.

(*I heard a report that in some places med practices are offering discrete vaccines for people who are afraid of letting friends and family know they are vaxxed.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Meghan Again has to let us know she has offered to help the White House reach out to Republicans to get them vaccinated & they have not responded to her....Awww...her feelings are hurt that they dont want her help.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
(edited)

Boy I cannot wait for Megan to be gone from this show. You know damn well that if it was the majority of Democrats who are not getting the vaccine she would be all over it everyday pounding away , but because it's her party that she constantly reminds us is her party now she's like " oh well it's not just them it's not just the Republicans ". the hell it isn't!!!  It's the Republicans at the c-pac this weekend that are sitting there  and cheering the fact that people are not getting vaccinated.

Also she wants to sit and talk opiods.  Yes they are a big problem but that's not what we're discussing it's not the topic ..QUIT trying to change things . If somebody is abusing opioids around me it's not contagious to me I can't catch it because they're doing them I can't take out other innocent people by giving them the opioid abuse I may have. This is a contagious disease when is she going to get that through her head maybe that little top knot thing they're on the top of her head is way too tight today but then I wouldn't know what her excuses all the other days

Edited by Poohbear617
  • Love 19
(edited)

Whoopie was getting squirmy with Joy when Joy was answering the vaccine question but lets Meghan drone on about opioids, which had nothing to do with anything.

I’m going to assume we don’t know everything that’s going on with Brittany Spears, although her father seems to be a real prick, there has to be more going on with her than we’re aware of, so, I’m not gonna trash either side, Megs.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ok, earlier this week Sara was against allowing teens to seek vaccines without parental permission, but today she thinks teens should be vaxxed?  So what if the parents are against?

Sara can't make up her mind. She reads what is given to her.

32 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

White House, why won’t you let Meghan help you with Republican outreach on the vaccine messaging? It’s not like she’s trashed the current President every time his name is mentioned…

White House: Meghan who??

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I had to start using opiods to get through Meg's lecture about opiods which are apparently more deadly than Covid. 

ha

more "but what about .. " from our queen of diverting from the topic at hand.

and maybe if you weren't bashing our president every chance you get, you'd get a better reception from him.  though, why she thinks her views on anything are worth listening to is beyond me. 

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, cinsays said:

and maybe if you weren't bashing our president every chance you get, you'd get a better reception from him.  though, why she thinks her views on anything are worth listening to is beyond me. 

Nobody is stopping her from being a vaccine advocate. She can tweet about it all day if she wants. The View could do their own in show commercials for it.

She wants the White House to to use her because I think she thinks that will lead to some other job. Like senior advisor or some shit.  She has a way overinflated ego and thinks everyone thinks as highly of her as she thinks of  herself.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meghan Again has to let us know she has offered to help the White House reach out to Republicans to get them vaccinated & they have not responded to her....Awww...her feelings are hurt that they dont want her help.

I thought she and her peeps want the federal government to get out of their health decisions (except abortions).  They think local governments and private industry does a better job at everything.   But yet, she think the WH is the only entity that can implement her brilliant plan to get people vaccinated?  If she really has information she thinks would help, why not share it with other entities besides the WH?   Or is the federal government the only entity that can help?....LOL

• Love 11

Another dull, boring day at 'The View' - the vaccine (again), Brittney Spears (again), the woman who wants to go to Mexico without her fiance (who cares?) and other BS to waste away an hour of airtime until Sunny did an infomercial for an editor who works for Amazon. 

Looks like the regular producer of the show is already on summer vacay and a first-level intern is filling in this week ? 

Please, ABC, send them all off on vacation NOW!

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

White House, why won’t you let Meghan help you with Republican outreach on the vaccine messaging? It’s not like she’s trashed the current President every time his name is mentioned…

Yeah where’s Kid Rock or Scott Baio when you need them to convince republicans to get vaccinated ?  You know how she gets tired of talking about something that happened 3 months ago? I’m tired of her saying the WH needs to reach out to republicans.  At this point what can be done? Free bullets for your gun? 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

ha

more "but what about .. " from our queen of diverting from the topic at hand.

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!

Is she staying right up thru Fri 30th?  Counting down the days!

• Love 2

I always look forward to the View's summer book suggestions and this year's all sound interesting. I have just requested all three from the library.  I also have Sunny's book requested as well. There is a long waiting list for it so good for her.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I always look forward to the View's summer book suggestions and this year's all sound interesting. I have just requested all three from the library.  I also have Sunny's book requested as well. There is a long waiting list for it so good for her.

Was that in today's episode?  That would be worth tuning in for.

6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I have a former coworker who's fiancee has a 14 yr. old son who wants to get the vaccine.  His mother  has refused to give permission for him to get the shot.   She of course is anti vaccine. My co worker said she has done her research and thinks she knows best.  Yeah she knows better than thousands of medical experts. 

I watched JLC fawn all over Meghan and it was worse than you guys described. WTF service is she thanking Meghan for?

Richard Branson can explain his space ride any way he wants but from where I sit it was just a billionaire indulging himself.  

Her service to Womanhood of course.  Motherhood. Martyrdom included. So many services...dot dot dot

(edited)

How many Republicans would listen to The Princess of Arizona's advice on anything?  She was dumb enough to go out gambling & drinking a couple days after her second shot, blaming Fauci and others for such confusing instructions on who can do what when, so Biden's team wouldn't select her. And RealHousewife's post shows why nobody, including Republicans, takes MM seriously.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Hey now, her contributions to the meme industry are tremendous. 

Totally agree!  From here on out, wherever she lands next there will be a plethora of new memes to add

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How many Republicans would listen to The Princess of Arizona's advice on anything?  She was dumb enough to go out gambling & drinking a couple days after her second shot, blaming Fauci and others for such confusing instructions on who can do what when, so Biden's team wouldn't select her. 

Remember when she wanted Fauci fired?

He told her to throw away her masks, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

No, Meg, there is no question about the efficacy of the vaccines.  From the start it was stated that they are 95% effective.

Thank you! She kept saying everything was confusing...mixed messaging...blah blah blah. But all of the medical experts and scientists that have been on the show have been very clear. Just because you are fully vaccinated doesn't mean you cannot get sick. And it may not protect from the now several variants out there. They said to continue being cautious. And she now has this moment of clarity saying this raises questions about the efficacy of the vaccines. She is the Misinformer in Chief. No wonder the WH is not banging down her door to ask for her help.

• Love 14

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-whines-biden-admin-rejected-her-vaccine-help-on-the-view

https://uproxx.com/viral/meghan-mccain-biden-admin-rejected-my-help-on-vaccine-outreach/

The second article is hilarious. From the article:

During a Thursday morning segment on Olivia Rodrigo visiting the White House in an effort to urge young people to get the COVID vaccine, The View co-host Meghan McCain did what she does best: Made the conversation all about her. After simultaneously promoting the vaccine and questioning its efficacy (which is becoming a habit for her), McCain engaged in even more intellectual whiplash by arguing that, actually, Republicans aren’t behind widespread instances of vaccine hesitancy, but in a way, they kind-of are because Joe Biden’s administration should’ve taken McCain’s help when she offered it. Say what?

Surprisingly, McCain isn’t embellishing here and appears to have inadvertently confirmed a previous report. According to Politico Playbook, McCain and her brother Jimmy offered to take the vaccine live on The View, but the White House never got back to her. Instead, the administration briefed Whoopi Goldberg and chose not to vaccinate McCain because she wasn’t eligible at the time.

Since then, McCain has repeatedly attacked Dr. Fauci and spread COVID conspiracy theories live on The View, which doesn’t really bolster her case for being the ideal candidate to convince vaccine hesitant Republicans.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

How can Meghan sit there with a straight face and say The White House "doesn't care" about vaccination just because they didn't accept HER help to get the message out? I would say the fact that they declined help from someone who misinformed and close minded shows how MUCH they care about vaccinations and keeping Americans safe from COVID-19. She has quite a high opinion of herself. Nobody out there cares what you think about the vaccine, Meghan.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Thank you! She kept saying everything was confusing...mixed messaging...blah blah blah. But all of the medical experts and scientists that have been on the show have been very clear. Just because you are fully vaccinated doesn't mean you cannot get sick. And it may not protect from the now several variants out there. They said to continue being cautious. And she now has this moment of clarity saying this raises questions about the efficacy of the vaccines. She is the Misinformer in Chief. No wonder the WH is not banging down her door to ask for her help.

It's something she does regularly with impunity or correction.  The new conservative better be someone who deals in actual facts (though it might be hard finding one) and who is the opposite of Meghan in terms of cooperating with co-hosts.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was disappointed in Tuesday's discussion of teens and vaccines. Joy started out well, drawing attention to the fact that parents don't always make the best decisions and sometimes it's the kids who are smarter. But then the others argued that teens should not be allowed to make that decision without their parents permission. I can understand Sara and Meghan, their kids are so young that they probably can't imagine letting them make the decision without parental consent. But Sunny and Whoopi should know better, should know that parents don't always make the best decisions for their children whether it's because of misinformation, lack of scientific understanding (e.g. Meghan's comment that the vaccines are not FDA approved) or for other reasons (Tennessee has removed the official logo on all vaccine information and taken all teens off the reminder for a second dose; Joy noted the cheering at CPAC that Biden would not reach his 70% target). So what's a teen to do then?

Made me wish for emancipated-at-14 Drew Barrymore to have been there to weigh in.

I, like most of the cohosts (sans Joy), think teenagers need parental approval for the vaccine. Parents are ultimately responsible for their underage children. 

If the shoe was on the other foot and a teen refused to be vaccinated while his parent wanted him vaccinated, I think the cohosts would say "oh well, parents make the decision, not a teen."

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Well, I think similarly. I think everyone should be vaccinated. However, I am aware that there are people out there that are against it and won't get it--mostly republicans. I still don't think a minor should be able to get it if his parent doesn't approve.

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

(*I heard a report that in some places med practices are offering discrete vaccines for people who are afraid of letting friends and family know they are vaxxed.)

Why would they even need discretion. Nobody's going to find out that you got it unless you tell them.

7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m going to assume we don’t know everything that’s going on with Brittany Spears, although her father seems to be a real prick, there has to be more going on with her than we’re aware of, so, I’m not gonna trash either side, Megs.

I agree. 

I'm not sure that Britney is mentally well. I'm afraid she would go through all her money recklessly if she gets free rein. I'm afraid her boyfriend will help her in that regard. I'm afraid her boyfriend might want her pregnant so that he can then say how mentally unstable she is, get custody of the baby, and be financially set the rest of his life.

I strongly believe she should have an unbiased conservator. 

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I like it better when each host suggests two or three books they've enjoyed rather than a commercial for Amazon.

Don't they bash Amazon almost daily for its tax codes and now they're promoting it?

At the beginning of the show, Joy was going on about how Republicans are taking us into the dark ages with their anti-vaccine stance, amongst other things. She even used the term "a neanderthal period." I agree with everything she said in that segment. BUT THEN, in a different segment she said women need men so they can carry the luggage. Oy, vey! 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

35 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

This reminds me--I had so enjoyed the book review Joy did in the summer of 2018, that I had bookmarked it.  Totally forgot about it, but here it is:

I've never read it but Joy's 2nd book choice, "The Plot Against America" was a great TV series a couple of years ago.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, but I tuned out when it started.

The cohosts didn't recommend their favorite books. It was an Amazon employee recommending 2 or 3 books that she read recently.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

How can Meghan sit there with a straight face and say The White House "doesn't care" about vaccination just because they didn't accept HER help to get the message out? I would say the fact that they declined help from someone who misinformed and close minded shows how MUCH they care about vaccinations and keeping Americans safe from COVID-19. She has quite a high opinion of herself. Nobody out there cares what you think about the vaccine, Meghan.

Agreed.  If Meghan actually wanted the  anyone in the administration to ask for her help if spreading a pro-vaccination message, first, she would have to be a strong, vocal advocate for getting vaccinated.  Twitter, Instagram, Facebook - instead of posting daily selfies so we can see how her makeup and hair looks with filters, use those platforms to spread the message.  Don't just offer to do it - DO IT!   

Her offers to help spread the word are being ignored because she isn't a strong advocate for vaccinations.  She would say -  "get vaccinated, if you want to, but it's your choice, because FREEDOM!   but do it anyway, even though it's not approved."

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I've never read it but Joy's 2nd book choice, "The Plot Against America" was a great TV series a couple of years ago.

The book was even better ! A real page-turner. You would think it was written in the present time. 

33 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

The cohosts didn't recommend their favorite books. It was an Amazon employee recommending 2 or 3 books that she read recently.

Yes, this is called 'an informercial' as I mentioned in my post above. I'm going to assume (probably correctly) that the show gets a kick-back for each copy sold of those three books, probably till the end of July. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I, like most of the cohosts (sans Joy), think teenagers need parental approval for the vaccine. Parents are ultimately responsible for their underage children. 

If the shoe was on the other foot and a teen refused to be vaccinated while his parent wanted him vaccinated, I think the cohosts would say "oh well, parents make the decision, not a teen."

I agree, they probably would say that because their* focus seemed to be on whichever side of the argument is concerned with preventing loss of life.

* Or, rather, Joy's focus, since as you noted, she was the only one who thought the teen should be empowered to be vaccinated to protect themselves despite their parents' political beliefs.

5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I agree. 

I'm not sure that Britney is mentally well. I'm afraid she would go through all her money recklessly if she gets free rein. I'm afraid her boyfriend will help her in that regard. I'm afraid her boyfriend might want her pregnant so that he can then say how mentally unstable she is, get custody of the baby, and be financially set the rest of his life.

I agree that there may be things about her mental state the public aren't privy to. Just as likely there aren't. We really don't know. That said, I don't think her father should have control over her because she might spend her money recklessly. If she earned the money, it's not really his business what she does with it and it sounds like he and the rest of the family have been living off her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree that there may be things about her mental state the public aren't privy to. Just as likely there aren't. We really don't know. That said, I don't think her father should have control over her because she might spend her money recklessly. If she earned the money, it's not really his business what she does with it and it sounds like he and the rest of the family have been living off her.

I agree.  The fact that she has to pay for his lawyer to fight against her is also troubling. The lawyer could keep this going forever to keep the money rolling in, like her father has done for years.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree, they probably would say that because their* focus seemed to be on whichever side of the argument is concerned with preventing loss of life.

* Or, rather, Joy's focus, since as you noted, she was the only one who thought the teen should be empowered to be vaccinated to protect themselves despite their parents' political beliefs.

Yup. If her mental state were that fragile, why the hell were they forcing her to work? 

I agree if she goes through her money, it's her money. One thing that does concern me is that while the money she does have is far more than the average person will ever see, it's really not much considering she's one of the top pop stars of the whole world. She's said to be worth $60 million, but I would have guessed way more. 

I don't often agree with Meghan, and I'm aware there's a lot I don't know about Britney and her family. However, I understand why so many are writing off the whole family as trash. Not one of them could rescue the poor girl? I'm not even a "stan" or anything, and my heart breaks for her. She's a human being but treated like a show pony by the people who are supposed to love and protect her.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

BUT THEN, in a different segment she said women need men so they can carry the luggage. Oy, vey! 

Oy, vey is right.  I cringed at that.

12 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

She may be crushed to learn how many people out there also have absolutely no idea who she is.

Not only the people who don't know who Meghan is, but also the far right who would ignore her because of who her father is.  Why she thinks she'd be a good vaccine ambassador for the WH is beyond me.  What audience does she think would listen to her?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

BUT THEN, in a different segment she said women need men so they can carry the luggage. Oy, vey! 

44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oy, vey is right.  I cringed at that.

I think Joy was trying to be funny but it shows what her mindset is .  That women need men to do the heavy lifting. Figuratively and literally.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, yay!  Yvette and Ana!

Geez, Sara, journalists who write about the trump WH are not profiting from him. Phil Rucker and Carol Leonnig are respected NYT journalists who have written several exposé books about the trump admin. That’s pretty crappy to tell people not to buy them.

And while typing all that I missed Meghan Who?’s blather.

Please stop talking about underwear. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6