Type keyword(s) to search

Mr. Corman - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just watched the first episode. Why is this a comedy? There’s some attempts at humour but he’s such a depressed character that I couldn’t enjoy them. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Just watched the first episode. Why is this a comedy? There’s some attempts at humour but he’s such a depressed character that I couldn’t enjoy them. 

I laughed during the "weighted blanket" sequence in the second episode, but other than that, I agree, not funny at all. I do think it's an accurate reflection of millennial angst though, and JGL is very watchable.

• Love 1

You will all appreciate… JGL was just a guest on Kara Swisher’s podcast Sway, and at the end she told him she just wants to slap the sad out of his character. 😄 (He did also say, earlier in the interview in response to does he ever get better, just keep watching the whole season.) Overall great interview.

I don't think it's funny haha but I think it's funny because I can relate to some of the things that happen to him.  I laughed my head off at him trying to make an appointment with a doctor and all the hassle it took because it is so true to life.

• Love 1

I usually watch this show while having breakfast, but if I'd known that Lucy Lawless would be vomiting in this episode I would have saved it until the late evening.

I found Juno Temple's performance really off-putting. I don't understand what Josh ever saw in Megan or why he's still so hung up over the breakup.

5 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I found ep 7 really fascinating. It’s about how our lives could have turned out a million different ways.

I especially liked the part where it was Josh who had died instead of Logic's character. Debra Winger was fantastic in those scenes.

I've said it before in the Physical thread, but I love that Apple is able to invest in quirky little shows that would never stand a chance on network television.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Glade said:

Josh's early pandemic neurosis was so hilarious!  I loved it. 

It was very relatable, but I thought he was a dick to his roommate. He *knows* the guy has to continue delivering packages in order to make a living and provide for his daughter, so Josh was out of line for trying to make him feel bad about it.

He was also a jerk to his mom, expecting her to bring him all of his meals and snacks while he didn't lift a finger around the house, and he didn't show her any appreciation. I agree that the mom's boyfriend doesn't seem to be a great guy, but it's really not Josh's place to interfere. What his mother said was very poignant about most people not getting a perfect life and making the best of what they do get.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1

Ugh, no.  If he won't call an ambulance for himself, just call one for him; do not let the narcissist manipulate you out of bed with a fake health emergency Josh!   This episode never should have happened, so I stopped watching once they reached the hospital.

I'm already annoyed at the first episode and the unrealistic expactations this sets for men. Not only do we constantly have to see men who look like mounds of muscle and get hard in 5s tops in all kinds of hollywood movies and TV shows, no now the men even get actively shamed if they don't get hard in 5s tops. That's just great. Are we trying to achieve gender equality by giving men just as much body dismorphia as women have? That seems like the worst solution to the problem.

Dear writers: A lot of men need a bit of foreplay, too. Some need some physical stimulation by themselves or their partner applied directly to the forehead penis. And sometimes, hopefully rarely, it doesn't work at all and that's okay, too. Men are not soulless sex machines, even if media often betrays them like it.