Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: For All Time. Always.

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

Posts in this topic should be about the episode. If your post is not primarily about the episode, please rethink where to post it. Posts that are primarily or only about the Marvel movies (or that quote such posts) will be removed without notice, and warnings may be issued. Thank you.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

If Loki had convinced Slyvie to not kill Kang, then what? What was his plan after that. Mobius asked him that before and he couldn't answer because he never thought of the afterwards.

He wasn't asking her not to kill "Kang", he was asking her to just hang on for a minute so they could actually think about what he said and the ramifications of any of the decisions they could have made at that point, including getting stabby.

• Love 15

Yeah I feel like there has to be a creative solution that's not the false dilemma they were presented with.  Why couldn't Loki and Sylvie make the TVA a sort of United Nations of the multiverse and put its resources towards preventing interdimensional wars while still allowing timeline variations and free choices?  They could even kill Ham Villain #35 and then do it, if Sylvie wanted.

• Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

He was all about the sacred timeline and he was just going to hand 2 variants he's been hunting the keys to his castle just because. How does that make sense.

It's Willy Wonka if Willy Wonka knew that his successor failing would just bring him back to life to create and oversee the TVA again. Pretty fatalistic but this is the guy who came out on top of a multiuniversal war so his confidence is earned.

Edited by arc
  • Love 6

I liked the ending tho the cliffhanger left me unsatisfied I suppose it was for two reasons: S2 and the Dr. Strange movie. Nos that Sylvie killed Kang, now what? Will she have to find a way to keep the multiverse in check Kinda like Kang was doing? Due to consequences . I had a feeling she would kill Kang, she was to angry not to. 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:44 PM, Wynterwolf said:

Exactly. There are no Primes, everyone is a Variant. And all Variants are their own Prime. 

You phrased this so much more succinctly than I did. As soon as I get my hands on a TemPad, I'm going to rewrite this forum to make it look like I wrote this first. 😆

I want one of next season's episode titles to be "I, Variant."

And Miss Minutes was how HWR gave Ravonna whatever that was that will probably give him some sort of edge in the new phase of his existence, and I think her stepping through that's portal is what started the time lines branching.

(Emphasis mine)

This is a really wild idea that I hadn't even considered. I'm going to go back and rewatch the timing in the episode, but I wonder if you may actually be correct, and He Who Remains actually initiated Multiversal Divergence before Sylvie did. I want to say I remember seeing the timeline already diverging through one of the windows if you looked closely enough.

You may be totally onto something!

Yes, such a classic authoritarian tactic to set up the illusion of a binary choice between their rule and something nebulously bad, when it's not in fact, a binary choice at all.  Especially in this case, since he said that the war was cause by his own Variants!! But his solution was to control the actions of everyone else so there would be only one of him!!!  

Completely echo your thoughts on this, as well as what one of the other posters said (sorry, I lost the post and forget who), which is that the TVA should really switch its objective and just target Kangs if they actually want to get things under control. 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, FierceCritter said:

HOWEVER, I really wanted to see Loki back in his green and gold, toothy grin, lighting sparks. I was hoping maybe that we'd see him in Phase 4 having actually tricked Thanos, still alive, still mischevious but maybe directing his mischief at some Big Bads for a change. I've had my fill of him in UPS Brown.

I agree with this. I think they can still have a somewhat redemptive Loki while still regaining some of the grinning, preening narcissm that made him such a popular figure in the first place. It was Tom Hiddleston's ability to pull off that character- in spite of his blatant villainy- that people fell in love with, and as long as you still have TH in the role, he can remain a lovable rogue even if he isn't a nefarious villain any longer.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, SnarkShark said:

But that's why this change would be so insideous.  I can even imagine a scenario where every version of the TVA believes they are the original.  They're all fighting for order, with the point of view that each of them is the center of it. 

I guess. It just sounds headache inducing to me. The show has moments where it's already confusing enough.

6 hours ago, Valerie said:

So here's the thing.

After my favourite character in the MCU died in Endgame, so did my interest in Marvel (except for Loki). No plans to see any of the other movies in theaters, though I did watch the three Disney+ series. 

The finale set up a LOT for Phase 4, which is great if you're pumped for Phase 4 itself and all of the craziness and time travel and multiverses etc. Buuuuuuut, if you're like me and you're not, it was like 30 minutes of exposition from Kang and then just 10 of anything interesting happening. So I definitely feel like of... underwhelmed.

I'm excited for Season 2 but I do worry how much it's going to rely on some parallel understanding of what's going on in Phase 4 too at the same time.

Did anyone else see the tear on Loki's cheek when Sophie kissed him? 

Also the way he looked at Mobius when he didn't recognize him... my heart! Hopefully Owen Wilson is back for Season 2 because that friendship is one of the greatest in an MCU project.

This is me as well. I don't care for Marvel outside of Loki, and I have no plans to watch any of the movies. I kinda think the TV show will be self contained. Things that happen in the show affect the movies. But not necessarily the other way around ? I don't know.

I do think OW is confirmed for season two ?

• Love 4
On 7/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, benteen said:

While I was happy to see Kang introduced, I wasn't a fan of Jonathan Majors characterization.  It was fine at times but I've seen enough of the wise-cracking villains.  Still, I think Majors will be a good Kang.

I'm of mixed opinion on this. On the one hand, I agree with you that I am getting kind of tired of the trope of the wise-cracking villains (and, frankly, heroes, which is another Disney Marvel thing), and I did feel his performance was a little over the top, especially at the beginning.

On the other hand, knowing that he will be playing a much different version of the character in forthcoming projects (perhaps even multiple different versions, potentially), I actually kind of liked seeing it in anticipation of how JM as an actor will differentiate between them. I hope that he even gets an opportunity to play against himself in some future MCU project as different variants of Kang.

Some of the choices he made felt real (I can see this guy being a little nutty, stuck alone for how many millenia in a dark castle at the end of time), while others felt overly performative.

If I knew that this was just going to be a one-off, I probably would have been much more turned off and less impressed, and I can certainly see the criticisms that it was not the "wow!" performance that some reviewers have made it out to be.

2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Yeah I feel like there has to be a creative solution that's not the false dilemma they were presented with.  

One option that immediately came to my mind was, "Let's lock this nutjob up and not kill him, and then decide what to do with the TVA."

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I'm of mixed opinion on this. On the one hand, I agree with you that I am getting kind of tired of the trope of the wise-cracking villains

Kang Variant 795: You wanna know how I got these scars?

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I kinda think the TV show will be self contained. Things that happen in the show affect the movies. But not necessarily the other way around ? I don't know.

My understanding is that the TV shows have to be self-contained, i.e. they aren't allowed to introduce anything that would affect the movies, because people going to the movies shouldn't be expected to have to watch additional material in a TV show to understand the plot (Agents of SHIELD was similarly hamstrung). So the TV shows can pick up plot strands from movies, but can't substantially change any characters that are slotting back into the movies. Hence WandaVision and TFATWS took their characters on a journey while pretty much circling them back to much the same position where they started (post-Snap Wanda grieving, Sam the new Captain America, etc.), so that their stories can be picked up by the movies without movie-only fans having to watch the shows, although show-watchers get all that extra character development to enjoy. In theory.

I'm not sure how Loki fits into that pattern, though, since it isn't a single self-contained season and it introduces the multiverse, which is definitely going to be picked up in the movies. Then again, the concept of a multiverse already exists in the movies, since we saw it at play in Endgame, so I doubt there will be much if any reference to the events here. We'll see.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Yeah I feel like there has to be a creative solution that's not the false dilemma they were presented with.  Why couldn't Loki and Sylvie make the TVA a sort of United Nations of the multiverse and put its resources towards preventing interdimensional wars while still allowing timeline variations and free choices?  They could even kill Ham Villain #35 and then do it, if Sylvie wanted.

The idea is that with infinite variations of Nathaniel Richards (that's the character's likely real name, since they've kept so much else true to the comics), that inevitably there's always going to be ones fixated on conquest. A mediating or policing force might stop some of them, but not all.  Kang The Conqueror is inevitable if a Multiverse is allowed. 

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I think the show dropped the ball on this for non-comic book readers. Pretty much every episode 1-5 has been setting us up to dislike and distrust the TVA and want the timelines freed. Last episode, in particular, was all about rah-rah burn the TVA to the ground, free people, give them the potential to change.

For those of us who don't know anything about Kang, the idea that Kang is freed by releasing the timelines doesn't mean anything. Maybe the writers want us to see Sylvie as making the wrong choice because she couldn't change her goal, but that's not what I got. I got Sylvie making the only choice she ever could have or would have made because there was simply no way in hell that character would ever support the continuation of the TVA.

I also don't think the show effectively sold the dilemma. I don't believe that our Loki would consider perpetuating the TVA at that point either. After all, I think both of our Lokis would have picked up on the same thing that many people picked up on: per He Who Remains's narrative, he and his variants are the problem, not the existence of multiple timelines.

I am not a comic book reader - I have seen the Marvel movies.  Your post perfectly encapsulates my problems with the finale.

Saying both Lokis needed to run the TVA was a wtf moment for me.  Neither wanted to do it - both were appalled by its very existence.

Sylvie sees that HWR was completely crazy - she would never trust him in any way.  Her whole life was about destroying the TVA - so of course she killed him.

Loki, having a much varied and rich life experience than Sylvie, understands that outright killing him could probably make things much worse.  He doesn't want the throne - he wants a 3rd alternative.  And he realizes the problem is HWR and his variants.

And it didn't matter anyway.  As they were fighting the timeline was already exploding.  It didn't matter what they did - it had already begun.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 5

I sure hope that there are now multiple TVA’s and that “our” Mobius and B-15 are still out there (and will be eventually reunited with Loki). Otherwise there was no point to whatever they were planning with her going to visit Renslayer in 2018 besides confirming to the viewers at home that Renslayer is in fact a reprogrammed variant like the rest of them. Confirmation that really wasn’t necessary.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, swanpride said:

I am confused...did Loki go back to his Mobius or did he end up in an alternate version of the TVA? 

You're supposed to be confused. This isn't you not figuring something out.  I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to know which happened. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

My apparently unpopular opinion is that I LOVED this finale. I was absolutely riveted by all the scenes in the Restaurant at the end of the Universe. I mean Citadel. I just loved the whole episode. I cannot wait for Season 2. 

Watching TH in the last scene before the credits I realized that for every single scene of this season, I've thought of him as Loki, and never as TH. This almost never happens. He's such a great actor. 

My one and only complaint is the random placement of mid and post-credit scenes. For the first 3 episodes I looked carefully for them and there weren't any. So I stopped looking and missed one. So I started looking again in episode 5 and there wasn't one. So for the finale I looked, hoping for a post-credits scene, only it was mid-credits and I missed it. So I'm 0/6 on catching the extra scenes this season. Irritating. 

5 stars to whoever cast this season.

ETA I forgot to mention how much I loved the Kintsugi effect of the Citadel. Gorgeous. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/15/2021 at 12:24 AM, Macbeth said:

For me the Lokis taking over the TVA or killing Majors character was just using the Lokis as the fall guys - just as Thanos used Loki in that role in Avengers.  It was never supposed to work.  Majors character was tired and just wanted to blow things up.  

They’re feeding us that Lokis are supposed to fail and HWR found the right Lokis to do that in a big way. There was no way Sylvie was going to divert from her mission and a few days with some guy wasn’t going to change that, even if he’s a version of herself. Our Loki would consider other options but he had gotten soft over Sylvie, nothing short of severely incapacitating or killing her would have stopped her and he couldn’t do that, he was too much in love with her/himself. The damaged rash side of Loki clashing with the “perhaps we can come to an arrangement” side of Loki in such a way both were doomed to fail. No wonder Kang was sitting there with a cheesy grin on his face, he was watching two Lokis hit peak Loki right in front of him and it was probably the best entertainment he’s had in eons.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:17 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

Also, can ppl stop saying that Loki is just kinda there for the greatest of the universe to get past?!  First, he was only there to suffer to make others great.  Now he's the flea on the back of a dragon who is along for the ride.   Can we give this man some agency in S2?  Damn!  This is Loki, and he is a charming motherfucker. 

I know, I want him to be something other than a prop. He’s the only Marvel character I go out of my way for. I don’t read the comics and I couldn’t care less about the films/TV shows without Loki - specifically Tom Hiddleston’s Loki. After his death scene in Infinity War I quit watching the movie, I didn’t care about the story anymore, those dumb stones might as well have been paperweights as far as I was concerned. I watched only the time heist scene in Endgame.  

I didn’t like that they did speed-chess of Loki’s character development, six years in three minutes even if TH acted the hell out of it, and they landed on the narrative that his father did love him and Loki just misunderstood/overreacted instead of that he was the victim of horrible parenting and his feelings of being marginalized, scapegoated, and emotionally neglected were justified. Odin was a terrible narcissistic father and Frigga enabled Odin too much (Hela the original scapegoat and Thor the golden boy were also damaged). That’s a lot to unpack and a few rounds of police interrogation (it wasn’t therapy) isn’t going to heal that.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, benteen said:

The Hiddleston and Wilson interaction was the very best thing about this series and the writers decided to disregard this in favor of Loki and Sylvie.  Inexcusable.  I understand why they wanted to focus on this relationship but you go with your best team for the finale and that's Loki and Mobius. 

Agree, they’re much more interesting. I’m hoping they’ll be back together by the series finale, whenever that is. I still want that end credits scene with Loki having a drink on a beach while Mobius is having the time of his life on a jet ski.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Llywela said:

My understanding is that the TV shows have to be self-contained, i.e. they aren't allowed to introduce anything that would affect the movies, because people going to the movies shouldn't be expected to have to watch additional material in a TV show to understand the plot (Agents of SHIELD was similarly hamstrung).

That isn't the case for the Disney+ shows. That was the rule for Netflix and ABC shows. The Disney+ shows are officially part of Phase 4 and, it will go back and forth between Movies and D+ (not just 1 direction).

8 hours ago, dmeets said:

I sure hope that there are now multiple TVA’s and that “our” Mobius and B-15 are still out there (and will be eventually reunited with Loki).

The way I understood it, our Mobius and B-15 were the 2 in the control room watching the timeline splinter and said the episode title. The Mobius/B-15 Loli runs into at the end are a different version. Now the big question I have is were they other variants in a different building in the same TVA or are the multiple TVAs in different Timelines? 

I think Renslayer went to another Timeline at the direction of a different Kang. Also for comic readers is...

Renslayer Kangas wife? They both have the same first name, I think...

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Underwhelmed. 

I was underwhelmed also. I sat there for almost half an hour watching two people on one side of a desk listen to a guy on the other side giving a long exposition. It just wasn’t interesting to me. 

I also felt, and not for the first time these past few episodes, that our Loki was playing the side kick to Sylvie. I don’t hate her but she isn’t the reason I was watching. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I still want that end credits scene with Loki having a drink on a beach while Mobius is having the time of his life on a jet ski.

Unfortunately, it will be on the lake where Wanda is reading The Darkhold

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That isn't the case for the Disney+ shows. That was the rule for Netflix and ABC shows. The Disney+ shows are officially part of Phase 4 and, it will go back and forth between Movies and D+ (not just 1 direction).

I thought the writers had said about WandaVision that they couldn't introduce any changes that might confuse movie-goers. And certainly both WV and TFATWS circled their characters back more or less to where they started.

• Love 2

I didn’t think Majors was brilliant or charismatic. All he did was talktalktalk until my brain went numb. 

I was expecting something exciting. For Renslayer to get some kind of comeuppance. Not the mostly boring shitfest. To see Mobius DO something.

Did enjoy the fight between Sylvie and Loki, but BLECH 🤢 to that kiss. Also loved the opening hearing everyone’s voices!

Tom was awesome as always. Despite being underwhelmed, I’m ready for season 2.

• Love 10

It certainly wasn't everything I wanted - although I'm not sure I can fully articulate what that would've been - but I did enjoy myself. Loved Sylvie "taking a minute" on the threshold of the Citadel, the scene with Miss Minutes, the confrontation between Mobius and Renslayer, and that gorgeous image of the timeline branching out infinitely. I thought Jonathan Majors did a great job, and I'm excited to see more versions of Kang in the MCU. Tom Hiddleston was fantastic, as usual - one thing I appreciate about this show is that it's reminded me just how talented he is.

But I agree with others who've said that, for a show called Loki, it feels like there wasn't enough Loki in the finale. For me, the best part of the D+ shows has been the deep dives into exploring these wonderful MCU supporting characters. Loki has been at a disadvantage, since "our" Loki (who was already the 2012 version to begin with) has to share that character study with all his Variants. We've still gotten some great character work for our Loki (the time theatre scenes in episode 1, the train scene on Lamentis, etc.), but the finale became much more about setting up season 2/future MCU stuff than exploring the character.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Llywela said:

I thought the writers had said about WandaVision that they couldn't introduce any changes that might confuse movie-goers. And certainly both WV and TFATWS circled their characters back more or less to where they started.

There's a quote from Fiege back in 2019 where he talks about Wandavision leading into Dr Strange 2 and Loki setting up a Phase 4 Movie (presumably that's Kang).  We've also seen Val show up in BW Post Credits scene setting up another D+ show.

Phase 4 is definitely a combination of D+ Shows and Movies, both feeding into the other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 9:42 AM, swanpride said:

I am confused...did Loki go back to his Mobius or did he end up in an alternate version of the TVA? 

That may be something we have to wait until next season for. My first instinct was that time reset. It's the same Mobius, just a different reality/timeline. I say that mainly because I can't see the show wasting a lot of air time with Loki trying to find "his" Mobius.

I wonder how far in the future they are.

Kang made a reference to "back" in the 31st century. Renslayer said "eons" of friendship, but we know she was taken in 2018. It's one of those details I'm curious about.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That may be something we have to wait until next season for. My first instinct was that time reset. It's the same Mobius, just a different reality/timeline. I say that mainly because I can't see the show wasting a lot of air time with Loki trying to find "his" Mobius.

I wonder how far in the future they are.

Kang made a reference to "back" in the 31st century. Renslayer said "eons" of friendship, but we know she was taken in 2018. It's one of those details I'm curious about.

The TVA isn't in the future or the past or even the present, exactly.  They sit outside Time ready to intervene at any given point.  They don't age, apparently because time effectively doesn't pass for them in certain ways. 

Still, even if time doesn't pass in terms of aging and such, most of the TVA seems to be human so they still organize into seconds/minutes/days/months/years/etc.  Even if Renslayer was originally a variant from 2018 and Mobius, was, say, a variant from 1883 (Jedediah), they could still have been friends/co-workers for 30,000+ years or so within the TVA.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, swanpride said:

Loki director Kate Herron did a lot of media interviews recently. In this THR article, she stated her belief that Loki ended up in an alternate TVA...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/loki-episode-6-ending-kate-herron-alternate-scenes-1234984129/

Since the TVA resides outside of time, what can you say about the mechanics of the final scene?
So the way I see it in my head is that the TVA exists outside of space and time, but reality and everything as we understood it has completely changed in the last few minutes. With the multiverse branching, how do we know the TVA still exists in that way? We don’t know, and I suppose that’s a big question that will be answered as the show goes on. But in my head, the intention is that Sylvie thinks she’s sending him back to the TVA, but because of the way time and branches are crossing each other outside the window, Loki has unfortunately been sent back somewhere very different. So reality has shifted just by the nature of what He Who Remains said, and the idea is that he’s in this alternate TVA now.

Of course, since Herron will not be directing Season 2, who knows what the new director and, presumably, continuing head writer Michael Waldron will do.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Seems a lot of die hard Loki/Hiddleston fans online are complaining that the show wasn't about Loki at all but the TVA and Kang and that he was "out of character".  I thought "What? It was all about Loki and he went through this big hero's journey." That long shot of him sitting after Sylvie kicked him to the TVA was a major turning point for him. I realize now they don't want him to change. They wanted the old mischievous Loki doing time travel shenanigans and causing chaos. Quentin Tarantino was on Joe Rogan recently saying how he preferred Chevy Chase movie characters to Bill Murray ones because a Murray character starts out as a jerk but then becomes a better person by the end of the movie whereas Chevy never changes! He's always a jerk!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

thought "What? It was all about Loki and he went through this big hero's journey." That long shot of him sitting after Sylvie kicked him to the TVA was a major turning point for him

I have to agree. While I had some issues with Sylvie's role in the show. This entire season was Loki's Heroes Journey. In fact is comperable to Thor's journey in the first movie. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have to agree. While I had some issues with Sylvie's role in the show. This entire season was Loki's Heroes Journey. In fact is comperable to Thor's journey in the first movie. 

Exactly. This Loki gets the chance the one who Thanos kill didn't get to have. 

• Love 2

I thought "What? It was all about Loki and he went through this big hero's journey." That long shot of him sitting after Sylvie kicked him to the TVA was a major turning point for him. I realize now they don't want him to change.

I just posted something related to this in the Loki in the Media thread in response to a Kate Herron interview. I'll try to make the response below sufficiently different. :)

I don't think it's an either/or. I think it's a both/and. I do want Loki to have character growth. I also wanted the actual protagonist of the show that I was invested in to be involved with the climactic action that changes the course of the multiverse. I also think the particular way the conflict was written was poorly done, and to me, Loki's opposition to Sylvie felt more like the writers moving pawns into place rather than an earned conflict.

But on top of that, I already saw Loki go through a very similiar character growth arc already in the MCU. 

And on top of that, I want Loki to grow in a way that preserves all the fun parts of the character being the God of Mischief. I would actually like him to be more of a heroic, protagonist. But I want him to do it as the embodiment of Mischief... lying, tricking, betraying, scheming, and yes, smiling as he does it. (just for good reasons and to people who deserve it)

• Love 11

Seems a lot of die hard Loki/Hiddleston fans online are complaining that the show wasn't about Loki at all but the TVA and Kang and that he was "out of character".  I thought "What? It was all about Loki and he went through this big hero's journey." That long shot of him sitting after Sylvie kicked him to the TVA was a major turning point for him. I realize now they don't want him to change.

Disagree. I was quite happy with Loki growing and healing and changing and becoming more than the afterthought, the shadow, the one who fails so others can be their best selves, the flea hanging on to the back of the dragon. I dearly, desperately want to see where this Loki goes.  I do believe Loki will hang on to the growth he went through. He won't revert back to 2011/2012 Loki whatever happens going forward. 

But... I think that, for me at least, the problem I have with the finale is that even with everything Loki went through and learned, he still ended the series exactly where he started it - alone. And to me, one of the biggest things series!Loki learned, is that he's not alone.

For me, the finale, puts the multiverse and the twist that its a different Mobius and B15 and even the "romance" in the spotlight and Loki is not much more than a supporting character, even in his own story, once again.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, Ria said:

I sat there for almost half an hour watching two people on one side of a desk listen to a guy on the other side giving a long exposition. It just wasn’t interesting to me. 

On 7/17/2021 at 9:43 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn’t think Majors was brilliant or charismatic. All he did was talktalktalk until my brain went numb. 

How did that guy manage to be The Last One Standing in a multidimensional war? He didn't exude any type of special powers or command any vast army. He seemed like a more annoying version of the original MCU Loki.
As someone upthread said: it was strange to end the season  focused on a character we had not been introduced to previously. 

The Exposition That Never Seemed To End seemed pointless. I agree with Sylvie - it was all BS.  The timey-wimey  aspect of the show makes if feels as if everyone is running on a multidimensional hamster wheel.  There are no stakes.
Did Mobius die? no. Did Loki die? no.  Did 'old Loki' die? Not if they want him to come back - - they can just pull him from the timeline right before he was disintegrated(?) by the smoke monster. 

Will season 2 have a fun, mischievous version of Loki?  I hope so.. This remorseful, do-gooder version is a bit dull. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 6
On 7/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, shrewd.buddha said:

How did that guy manage to be The Last One Standing in a multidimensional war? He didn't exude any type of special powers or command any vast army. He seemed like a more annoying version of the original MCU Loki.
As someone upthread said: it was strange to end the season  focused on a character we had not been introduced to previously. 

He found the big storm monster from episode 5 and trained it to eat other dimensions/timelines.

• Love 2