Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lady Calypso

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Recommended Posts


57 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Christian is gonna win. I’m sick lol.

Ahhhhh...  The arrogance of fools.  Though, to be perfectly honest, I don't think they have an entirely incorrect read on Christian in the sense that he is pretty but dumb.  Based on a marathon watch of the last 3 episodes yesterday morning when there was no live Olympics to watch instead, and the comments from those of you who have been watching the live feeds since he became HOH, I'm pretty sure Alyssa is controlling him.  He is not the brightest bulb and probably can be taken out later.  I don't mind them targeting SB this coming week instead or even letting someone else take a shot at Alyssa.  She's the half of that showmance that needs to go sooner rather than later.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2021 at 11:49 AM, nickp1991 said:

Thankfully Big D has no shot at winning HOH next week

I sadly to evict Britini.
I sadly to evote Brent.

I sadly wonder why Derek F. is unable to correctly construct such simple sentences.

Quote

So, that was apparently a very quick veto and Christian won. So, not only is Whitney gone, but Christian just made himself target #1 for next week by solidifying him as a competitive threat.

Both of these things sound glorious, ngl.

Edited by le bordel chaud
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Are the feeds boring? Yep.  Did I understand that we were going to lose something special when Frenchie left? Yep, although I thoroughly enjoyed watching his crazy ass get got.  But last year at this time, I think I had already gave up on the show entirely because the blatant pre-gaming and the almost near certainty that Cody was going to waltz to a win was excruciating to watch.  And two years ago I was in the midst of trying to find positive things to say about Jackson - because at least he wasn't Jack - as production fed him a non-stop stream of watermelons and everyone had sex with everyone.  And don't even get me started on the two seasons of Paul.

So, yeah, I'll take boring feeds consisting of mostly decent people who are smart and are playing and I have zero idea who will come out on top, and this is fun to me.

Although, could they please break up Christian/Alyssa?  Please?  

  • Like 22
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think Christian is too dangerous to leave in the house. He has potential comp beast written all over him. 

55 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I'm pretty sure Alyssa is controlling him. 

This and this. I don’t think Christian would get far without Alyssa, but I’m also not sure how far she would get without him to provide cover. Together, they are very dangerous and I don’t understand why they’re not being targeted. I see the same thing on Survivor year after year: It’s always “later”, and “next time”, and then Next Time goes on a comp run and it’s too late.

Lately, when I see Christian and Alyssa plotting, I start to hear the Pet Shop Boys song /Allstate commercial in my head: “You’ve got the brawn, I’ve got the brains; let’s make lots of money”.  If the others don’t wake up, they’re gonna make lots of money. (Or maybe Alyssa will. I don’t think she’d share.)

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Christian won the first part of the first HOH, he won the first WC comp, and now he's won veto-HOH-veto back-to-back. The comps tend to run more physical than not nowadays. He is very dangerous. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I used to love BB, but every season drags now.  I wish they would have 2 short seasons per summer instead of 1 long one.  They made a condensed game work for Celebrity BB.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Alyssa is making sense about getting out Hannah this week and leaving Whitney for the following week. But I don't think she wants Hannah out for strategic reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hannah being evicted is the right call in Hannah versus Whitney, I just don't want to lose Hannah this early. She's so young and it shows in her game but she's also so smart and I like her more than Cool Girl: Sandy Hook Edition (Free Egg Roll with a $25 Order). It's not faaaaair-uh.

I think I need to work on that name. Needs an punchy acronym or something.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

IMHO there are two significant factors driving the current BB House in the general direction of Boring Boulevard:

  1. Dwindling alcohol contributions.  This bunch definitely requires some lubricant to loosen up.
  2. Social media awareness.  In successive seasons each House has had the benefit of seeing how a lack of awareness of personal commentary in the House can translate to negative portrayals on a MUCH larger scale outside the House - and considering this season’s casting has resulted in the relatively unique situation of a significant majority of the cast actually being FAMILIAR with BB prior to walking through the FD, it’s not surprising this cast is being super circumspect in how everything they say or do might be portrayed IRL.  

Even taking this into consideration, mistakes have already been made by a few of the HGs.

Edited by Nashville · Reason: Formatting & grammar
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Why the insistence of faking bad British accents this year??? 
 

Hannah and x right now doing an interview. With fake British accents. 🤮

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

Hannah and x right now doing an interview. With fake British accents.

No offense, but I'm sure I'd be laughing my head off. I find them both funny and smart anyway. I hope they include a clip in an upcoming show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

IMHO there are two significant factors driving the current BB House in the general direction of Boring Boulevard:

  1. Dwindling alcohol contributions.  This bunch definitely requires some lubricant to loosen up.
  2. Social media awareness.  In successive seasons each House has had the benefit of seeing how a lack of awareness of personal commentary in the House can translate to negative portrayals on a MUCH larger scale outside the House - and considering this season’s casting has resulted in the relatively unique situation of a significant majority of the cast actually being FAMILIAR with BB prior to walking through the FD, it’s not surprising this cast is being super circumspect in how everything they say or do might be portrayed IRL.  

Even taking this into consideration, mistakes have already been made by a few of the HGs.

Maybe if you are a fan or the classic Bb then you would believe Social Media has ruined BB. This generation is so aware of everything being seen by everyone.  I think around BB 13 social media became a factor. I don’t remember it being a big deal to the players in Dan, or Brittney’s seasons. I wonder if we will ever again have players not afraid of how “America” perceives them and just go balls out to win. Anyone? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Between the two i would rather see Hannah leave than Whiteney, for two reasons:

You have to call her The W. 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Meanwhile KY has this strategic way of remembering dates and he’s trying to teach Big D. (Crickets). But I really want to learn this method. “Travis did depart naked ….”  Something about senses smell feel look etc. and exaggeration. WTF. I’m with Big D.  I don’t get it.

And on the flip side Big D is all “em hmm, you’re  so cute   I’m listening, You’re so attractive “  

 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

Maybe if you are a fan or the classic Bb then you would believe Social Media has ruined BB. This generation is so aware of everything being seen by everyone.  

That’s the problem with TPTB being afraid to cast anybody much over 40.  😆

 

12 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

I think around BB 13 social media became a factor. I don’t remember it being a big deal to the players in Dan, or Brittney’s seasons.
 

There were occasional burbles of SM discontent in earlier seasons; Jeff Schroeder‘s views on Hogwarts HR policies leaps to mind.  IMHO, though, the real SM nuclear bomb detonated on CBS with the BB15 casts’ blatantly racist antics getting blasted across SM to the extent that:

  • Mainstream media across the world picked up on the stories and ran with them.
  • TPTB were very literally FORCED to acknowledge the incidents and address them on-air, because all y’all KNOW Production would’ve NEVER let any of that come to light if they’d had any say in the matter.

 

12 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

I wonder if we will ever again have players not afraid of how “America” perceives them and just go balls out to win. Anyone? 

Like I said before, get some of us old motherfuckers back on the show; we never bothered to learn to give a shit about SM.  😎

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Hannah being evicted is the right call in Hannah versus Whitney, I just don't want to lose Hannah this early. She's so young and it shows in her game but she's also so smart and I like her more than Cool Girl: Sandy Hook Edition (Free Egg Roll with a $25 Order). It's not faaaaair-uh.

I think I need to work on that name. Needs an punchy acronym or something.

Not an acronym, but maybe Sandy Egg.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Not an acronym, but maybe Sandy Egg.

Fun fact: I think it was Suzanne Somers whose agent, when she was first starting her acting career, suggested she adopt a “catchier” stage name: Sandy Eggo.

She declined.  😄

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Can I play? Adding to the above…

Generic Aryan Girl, Sandy Hook Edition (GAG SHE)

or The Cosmetic White (The CW)

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

TPTB were very literally FORCED to acknowledge the incidents and address them on-air, because all y’all KNOW Production would’ve NEVER let any of that come to light if they’d had any say in the matter.

Which makes me wonder if Production is having more say in the matter now— as in, they coached the contestants to present a positive front at all times, and to be hyper aware of how they might be judged. They also chose contestants with a big social media presence already (Whitney, Hannah, others I can’t think of at the moment) who are used to editing themselves in front of the camera. It all fits with the vision of a kinder, gentler BB.

I just tuned in to find everyone acting out their version of Love Island, which involves them splitting into groups of three and conducting first date interviews, complete with British accents. (Or in Christian’s case, an “Australian” accent, Australian in quotes because no, not even close.) Deref is hosting.

And this is what it’s come to.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Annnd I left for awhile and decided to check back in, and now they’re doing a line dance to the Big Blue Couch theme song.

FFS.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whitney is letting out one last death rattle to Christian, pitching the idea of taking her off the block and backdooring Derex. Don't worry, five minutes from now, she'll probably be back to letting death take her.

Whitney: "Like, you're my favourite people in the house! I love you guys! I want to work with you guys!"

Ah, it seems Derex pulled a Christian and mentioned something about Hannah being around next week in front of Whitney this morning. Well then.

Share this post


Link to post

Did you know that it's totally not fair that Kyland and Sarah Beth can, like, sprawl all over each other and cuddle all day and no one calls them a showmance but, like, the second that Alyssa and Christian look at each other, they're totally showmancing? giggle giggle because they're totally not showmancing hairflip giggle nu-uh no such thing as a showmance over here giggle gag.

That did not deter Alyssa from crashing in the HoH room tonight but totally not a showmance, guys. She's still locked down like it's Day 3. But she made sure to ask, like, everyone in the house today if her and Christian look like they're showmancing and if they had any tips on how to conceal the shownomance which is totally silly because like, they're not giggle hairflip kissing under blankets or anything like that giggle eyelash flutter puke.

AND A BRITINI COCKBLOCK FOR THE WIN! She just busted in on Alyssa and Christian who were "practicing his Veto speech" in the dark. Alone. In bed. LOLOLOLOL

Edited by Callaphera
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

A picture is Two pictures are worth a thousand words lulz

Cockblock?

lEYuUav.png

Cockblock!
kFMW5Nz.png

Britini also offered to help Christian with a rap if he chooses that direction for his Veto speech. They'll let her know.

Edited by Callaphera · Reason: cockblock
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Ah, it seems Derex pulled a Christian and mentioned something about Hannah being around next week in front of Whitney this morning. Well then.

Oh, did I not post about that here? I thought I did lol.

Yes, Derex said something about how the Aces will be HNs next week and it'll be just him and Hannah. Whitney heard this and acted like it was the rudest thing that has ever been said. Britini then was told about it and she acted like Derex is a disgusting bully. Meanwhile, Deref said right to Whitney's face that she's going home but that's fine. Very strange.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yes! Let's get back on track with nomming Alyssa/Christian. 

But let's face it, Alyssa is winning HOH this week lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

CBS has to step in to save Whitney. She's the only reason to keep watching on this disaster of a cast. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, Derex said something about how the Aces will be HNs next week and it'll be just him and Hannah. Whitney heard this and acted like it was the rudest thing that has ever been said.

And meanwhile, Whitney has been talking casually about how she’s leaving like it’s no big deal. She almost seems to be looking forward to it. I guess Derex should be overcome with grief and unable to visualize life without her?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

A picture is Two pictures are worth a thousand words lulz

Cockblock?

lEYuUav.png

Cockblock!
kFMW5Nz.png

Britini also offered to help Christian with a rap if he chooses that direction for his Veto speech. They'll let her know.

<cue sepulchral voiceover>

”Who knows what evil hanky-panky shenanigans are afoot in the BB House?

THE NECRO-NOMANCER KNOWS!!!  AhahaHAHAHAHA...!!!”

(Yaknow, it’s so rare you actually get the opportunity to use ‘sepulchral’ in a sentence....)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, apparently the GTFOB break simply ran a little longer than usual this morning.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, guys!   Christian chose NOT to use the PoV!

Notice the look of shocked surprise which totally failed to cross my face.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

"Whitney wasn't coming after me. so this is a good move for me. Good move" - Christian's inner mental gymnastics, I assume. 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Has Deref done any exercise in the house? 

The other day in the backyard, Derek F was designing a workout for Derek X and telling him what to do next and to run suicides and to push harder as Big D waddled himself around the pool. It was too funny for words… because he was not laughing. He was dead serious about his role of designing the fitness regimen as he supervises from a struggling floatie. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, le bordel chaud said:

I sadly to evict Britini.
I sadly to evote Brent.

I sadly wonder why Derek F. is unable to correctly construct such simple sentences.

Both of these things sound glorious, ngl.

He told Christian that he has dyslexia and it affects his ability to form words.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes. 

That is good. I saw someone say he does crossfit. And I know it takes time to get fit... so he could be on his journey to fitness. Just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

I wonder if we will ever again have players not afraid of how “America” perceives them and just go balls out to win. Anyone? 

What ruined Big Brother was real life Big Brother social media watching. Basically, you'll never have a truly unfiltered season ever again. It's like BB season 1 where America voted so everybody was happy, smiley, and boring. Also, you'd have to cast people that don't look like they came from central casting. You'd have to have someone like a West Virginia coal miner that never owned a cell phone or a middle-aged thrice divorced accountant with a drinking problem, or basically anyone that couldn't afford to take months off of work to appear on a gameshow, but also the demographic that would watch that is different than the one they covet. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hannah just said to Kyland “I suck at comps. I don’t want to be like Enzo.”

I love Hannah. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Whitney is letting out one last death rattle to Christian, pitching the idea of taking her off the block and backdooring Derex. Don't worry, five minutes from now, she'll probably be back to letting death take her.

😄😄

 

I'd rather they vote for Heather Markle to leave this week and keep Whitless around longer. 

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So just catching up on jokers about the whole house having a fun “mock trial” together. While I’m sure a part of it is these yahoos wanting to make ‘good Tv’ (which, so clueless), I can’t bring myself to fault them because if I was stuck in that house, it’s the stuff I would want to do.

I mean, I think this casting director was just too good at her job of casting inherently decent people. There was a shit ton of social media and “awareness” two seasons ago but that didn’t stop almost everyone from being absolutely horrible people. 

Although I’m kind of loving Alyssa getting more and more bothered about people thinking she’s in a showmance (which she is), while Ky/Sarah Beth get a pass just because he would flirt with a plant and she has a girlfriend, and her rant about Britini last night was epic.Brit had better watch her back, they were just talking about the veto! And Alyssa was about to take a shower! And how dare Britney stay up there! Yeah, those two are going to melt down at some point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

That is good. I saw someone say he does crossfit. And I know it takes time to get fit... so he could be on his journey to fitness. Just curious. 

It was part of Deref's pre-season bio from CBS.

 

15 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Although I’m kind of loving Alyssa getting more and more bothered about people thinking she’s in a showmance (which she is), while Ky/Sarah Beth get a pass just because he would flirt with a plant and she has a girlfriend, and her rant about Britini last night was epic.Brit had better watch her back, they were just talking about the veto! And Alyssa was about to take a shower! And how dare Britney stay up there! Yeah, those two are going to melt down at some point.

Alyssa last night: "Alyssa has no pants on! The lights are off! But sure, come in, let's have a fucking convo!" That had me cackling last night - she was so pressed and Christian was so frustrated that his fun sexy times got interrupted. Not that it mattered because ten minutes later, they were macking again and Christian mercifully pulled the blanket over their heads and Production cut away.

The fact that the whole Britini/Alyssa thing was because Alyssa said (after Britini's makeover last night - they all got one) that Britini has DSLs and Britini didn't know what it meant and then got offended when she learned it stood was "dick sucking lips" and then busted in before Alyssa could put her own DSLs to work so that Britini could apologize? Is like the cherry on the sundae. BB23: The Summer of Dick Sucking Lips.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/26/2021 at 11:01 PM, Katesus7 said:

Women do not generally have the luxury to just tell off men and say ‘get the fuck away from me and stop touching me, and you are a douche of a human’ and not have it boomerang back to them just being difficult and someone who needs to leave. 

Remember when season 8 Jen did something fractionally like that (I think she said Dick was gross or otherwise expressed not finding him attractive) and in return got her entire stay in the house turned into constant assault and some of,  if not the worst ever, bullying seen on this show?

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
statsgirl

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size