Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Could someone please tell me what “DOR” stands for? I read the sub on BB abbreviations and unless it’s been added recently, it’s not there or I just missed it. TIA

It stands for Drop on Request aka leave voluntarily.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Watching the show now.  This is why I never comment on the episode threads.  The Ky interview segment was so....wrong.  Because Tiff was LAST before it went to animals, and she was pushing Brent/Whit to the point where people thought she was still with Frenchie.  Although I did miss the Brit interview, so that was interesting to watch.  But the "show" I see is so different sometimes to the "show" that's on TV, I just tend to stay out of the episode threads. 

• Love 3

I like the unpredictability of a balanced or or otherwise mobile house and--yes I'll say it--floaters shifting with the tides.  That's when we see some hustle and some work going into it.  Not a lazy Pagonging as the power alliance trades HOHs and Vetos around for weeks.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I totally agree with your assessments on the house, but I have to disagree with this.  I LOVE not knowing who is really with who on any given day, or caring so badly who wins HOH because my "team" wins or loses with who wins HOH.  I hate those weeks where I say "well, this person won, I'm out for the week".  There is still so much uncertainty of who the targets would be, and I like that. 

I don't really see a "cool kids" alliance yet.  Yes, there's Alyssa/Christian and Brent/Whitney.  But I know Brent/Whitney have been in a LOT of people's mouths, and Alyssa/Christian certainly isn't some power duo who will cruise to the end.  No one is in a Brigade/Paul/Derrek/Cody position and I am HERE for it.

From what I've seen, that's what I'm liking too. It seems like relationships are still forming, and there isn't a super clear divide yet.

I like knowing that there's some unpredictability in nominations, at least for now. The teams actually helped create bonds where people may not have created them naturally right off the bat.

We'll see what happens with the teams end, but for now, I'm cautiously optimistic. I do need Claire and Tiffany to go far though. And I want to see what Azah does when Frenchie is finally gone.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

But the "show" I see is so different sometimes to the "show" that's on TV, I just tend to stay out of the episode threads. 

Yea, this is why I find it so hard to comment on the episode threads. The show presents something that's so far from the truth it's insane.

I just feel like this season will be boring for me tbh. I think that's BB now and/or maybe I just don't really like the show anymore. There are a lot of people I like this season but I can already tell there's no one that will provide the type of drama I want.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Christian and Alyssa are apparently a thing now.

alyssa christian.png

Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb; 3/4 of the House has insisted they’re a couple at one time or another, so why not be a couple?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Ah, man. That quote at the end of the episode about Frenchie "never quittin' nuttin'" has already aged like milk left in the car trunk on a summer's day.

I have to wonder if they showed that just so they can use it as a Previously clip on Wednesday, right before they show him stomping around threatening to quit.

21 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb; 3/4 of the House has insisted they’re a couple at one time or another, so why not be a couple?

Yeah, but Alyssa swore to Brent last night that she’s only pretending to like Christian to keep him on the hook and get information out of him. Clearly, she’s lying to one of them, but I’m not sure which one. I would guess Brent, because it’s also in her interest to keep him dangling, but who knows. Maybe she’s just doing a black widow thing and has no real allegiance to either of them.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah, but Alyssa swore to Brent last night that she’s only pretending to like Christian to keep him on the hook and get information out of him. Clearly, she’s lying to one of them, but I’m not sure which one.

If Alyssa is smart - and I suspect she might be, or at least smarter than they think she is - she’s lying to both.

• Love 6
(edited)

Are they actually a thing? Or are we just going by that picture?  I mean she and multiple other girls have been lying down with a lot of the guys. Or vice versa the guys with the girls. No judgment here. These people have become very comfortable with each other. But I will admit that picture looks cozier then usual. 

Edited by MV007
5 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Are they actually a thing? Or are we just going by that picture?  I mean she and multiple other girls have been lying down with a lot of the guys. Or vice versa the guys with the girls. No judgment here. These people have become very comfortable with each other. But I will admit that picture looks cozier then usual. 

They're not officially a thing. They joked about making a showmance name smush (I think it was Chryssa) but there has been no official macking of the anything - Alyssa's still in Day 3 mode. They've just been exceptionally snuggly today.

I came here to joke about how Frenchie claimed earlier (under his breath, to the cameras) that his IQ is 132 and instead I sank a ship.

• LOL 2
49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, this is why I find it so hard to comment on the episode threads. The show presents something that's so far from the truth it's insane.

I just feel like this season will be boring for me tbh. I think that's BB now and/or maybe I just don't really like the show anymore. There are a lot of people I like this season but I can already tell there's no one that will provide the type of drama I want.

I wouldn't give up yet. It's friendly right now, but there are big personalities and people are here to win. As relationships get defined, I think fireworks will happen. I don't like the really ugly, personal stuff that's happened in past seasons, but I think game drama will occur. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Add me to the crew that doesn’t comment (and really just skips) the episode threads. I almost didn’t watch at all this year. I love this thread- I’ve been reading some of your thoughts for years. The thread, not the show, is the thing that keeps me coming back.

Now that I know the main characters, I will be hit or miss with watching actual episodes. It hasn’t been great in so long…I may even skip a few eviction nights. 

• Love 6

A few hours ago Deref, Britini and Christian were discussing the Rocky/Creed films. Britini, in particular, is obsessed with them. It was sort of amusing when Deref would chime in given his family connection to a boxing great.

• Love 2

Frenchie sending a message to his kids. He apologizes. Says he can’t figure out a way to stay, so he’ll be seeing them soon. The cards were just dealt wrong. He doesn’t regret a thing. The house is full of fake people, and he doesn’t know how to deal with them. He doesn’t know how people can smile and lie to you. It blows his mind.

Bubbles, because production doesn’t care about Frenchie’s kids.

• LOL 14

So was there any indication on the feeds that Azah and Tiffani are playing that "consoling the heartbroken but really conspiring together" game?  It is brilliant, but tonight on the broadcast episode when Azah lifted her head from comforting Tiffani and started cracking up I thought she was a stone cold bitch.  Then Tiffani started cracking up and I got it.  Brilliant!  They should use it sparingly, and only at logically emotionally tense opportunities, lest they be seen as another (non-showmance) couple who needs to be divided.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

So was there any indication on the feeds that Azah and Tiffani are playing that "consoling the heartbroken but really conspiring together" game?  I

If there was, I didn’t see it, or read about it. I thought it was hilarious, and the best part of the episode.

If you’re ever at an open bar wedding where Xavier is bartending, be sure to order something simple. Jack and coke, scotch on the rocks, etc. Order something complicated that will slow down the line and make him work harder, like a margarita, and he will definitely roll his eyes and think less of you. 

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Could someone please tell me what “DOR” stands for? I read the sub on BB abbreviations and unless it’s been added recently, it’s not there or I just missed it. TIA

Every season I see DOR and every season I forget what it means.  So I thank you for asking.

It has been bugging me since the start of the game, I kept on saying to myself that Kyland looked like someone and could not figure out who it was.  Finally tonight it came to me, Kyland looks like a heavier version of Nelson from The Challenge.  Or at least to me he does.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, KnoxGirl said:

Now that I know the main characters, I will be hit or miss with watching actual episodes. It hasn’t been great in so long…I may even skip a few eviction nights. 

Yea, I've started to think I might just give up on the eps already lol. I give up on them earlier and earlier each season but never this early. There's just nothing interesting in them imo. The DRs are completely useless and I don't give a shit about the comps.

9 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

So was there any indication on the feeds that Azah and Tiffani are playing that "consoling the heartbroken but really conspiring together" game?

I believe so because I remember reading about it elsewhere. It was almost certainly on the feeds. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, KnoxGirl said:

I think it might be worth watching the beginning of the Sunday episodes if you are a feeder.  Since they've started the whole "feeds are down until it airs on the west coast" bullshit, we miss about two hours of stuff that could potentially be really good.  When a new HOH is crowned, it's interesting to see how people react, but since the feeds are dark we don't get to see that.  I realize it's a heavily edited version of what we would have gotten, but it's still something.  

• Love 2

Apparently they got alcohol last night and some interesting things did happen. BigBrotherTea on twitter has clips.

Brent let it out that he was fried from his job for sexual harassment claims. TPTB really don't give a shit about women lol.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I've started to think I might just give up on the eps already lol.

I've watched a grand total of one episode this season: the first one. Still certain I know more of what's actually happening than people who strictly watch the show, I'm getting all of my information from my fellow loons here.

You're all sparkling gems, ya crazies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I have to concur with this sentiment.  I've stopped watching shows and feeds completely earlier and earlier every season.  But with this season's crew, I'll probably just watch the Live evictions.  I get all my info from my own personal feed watching and the BB Summer gang here-which are often way more interesting and amusing to keep up with anyway.  If it wasn't for this thread (and previously TWOP) I'd have ditched this show a long time ago!

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently they got alcohol last night and some interesting things did happen. BigBrotherTea on twitter has clips.

Brent let it out that he was fried from his job for sexual harassment claims. TPTB really don't give a shit about women lol.

Is there a clip of him saying that? Yikes. I scrolled through (I think) that Twitter feed, and they post a lot. I did see someone referring to Brent as Eddie Munster, and now I can't unsee that.

Plus a lot of chatter about X being a lawyer. How many people lied about their jobs this season? Xavier, Sarah Beth, Claire..?

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 2
Just now, CrazyDog said:

I did see someone referring to Brent as Eddie Munster, and now I can't unsee that.

For me, nothing was as bad as in BB20, when someone here said Sam sounded like Bobby Hill. ALL I could hear from that point on.

• LOL 9

Brent is a flight attendant, right?  That's......really an uncomfortable situation, presuming he's hitting on other members of the cabin crew he's working with.  They're all stuck in a limited area together with no way to get away like in a more traditional retail, factory, or office setting.  The flight crew is there to handle passenger problems, but I think the head flight attendant is responsible for handling cabin crew issues, so depending on who that is, there is no appeal until the airplane is on the ground.

I don't know what airplane models Brent was crewing on, but for small single aisle airplanes like a 737 or A320, what you see is what you get.  There is not any privacy, really, for the cabin crew, so at least anyone uncomfortable with Brent's harassment has a modicum of safety built in with a plane full of potential witnesses.  However, if the airplane is a larger twin aisle long haul model like a 777 or A340, then there are lots of places where the crew is out of sight and isolated from witnesses.  Like in the tiny crew rest areas, or the lower deck cabin supply area where additional supplies are delivered to the main deck via a freight elevator, and cabin crew access via a trap door.  (I think)

I was just hoping that Brent was a smarmy jerk, which is how he comes off sometimes.  I did not expect him to be a predatory asshole.  Obviously we don't know the full story, and it could be that Brent was still on probationary status with the airline when that happened, and let go because they just didn't want to deal with potential future problems.   Or he could really be a legit predatory asshole.

At the very least, it is yet another case of BB production not properly vetting the hamsters prior to confining them into the house together.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think that's an entirely accurate comment to make, if only because BB is in California and if they are bound by California HR laws then Brent's former employer can't do much more than confirm he worked for them and is no longer employed.  They might be able to state whether or not he is eligible for re-hire, which would send up a red flag if not.  But, if they can't even say that and Brent kept the reason for his firing off of social media, etc, it is possible that CBS couldn't and wouldn't have known and kept him from being cast as a result.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I don't think that's an entirely accurate comment to make, if only because BB is in California and if they are bound by California HR laws then Brent's former employer can't do much more than confirm he worked for them and is no longer employed.  They might be able to state whether or not he is eligible for re-hire, which would send up a red flag if not.  But, if they can't even say that and Brent kept the reason for his firing off of social media, etc, it is possible that CBS couldn't and wouldn't have known and kept him from being cast as a result.

Good point.  I doubt the CBS background check extends beyond checking with employers.  So a lot depends on the timing, Brent may have applied and the background check done while he was still employed by the airline.  If he was fired, and still claimed the airline as an employer, then he's lied to CBS and could be in violation of contract.

A real background check would delve more deeply, and interview co-workers, friends, and family.  But CBS doesn't seem to do more than a cursory check on criminal records and leaves it as is. 

One would think they would have learned their lesson last season with Jackson coming off of that undisclosed addiction issue cold turkey and that affecting his behavior in the game.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, zorak said:

Just when you think he can't get any more ridiculous.

Then don't go on television you absolute fucking dumbass! JFC...

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Britini seems to think highly of herself.  She's talking to the camera and said there are some things the other houseguests don't know about her, because if they did, she wouldn't still be there.  She says she is out for blood.  She says she has every reason to put whoever she wants on the block.  

And it sounds like from what she's saying to Tiffany, she called them all honorary Froot Loop Dinguses during her veto ceremony speech.  She's not as funny as she thinks.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Britini seems to think highly of herself.  She's talking to the camera and said there are some things the other houseguests don't know about her, because if they did, she wouldn't still be there.  She says she is out for blood.  She says she has every reason to put whoever she wants on the block.  

And it sounds like from what she's saying to Tiffany, she called them all honorary Froot Loop Dinguses during her veto ceremony speech.  She's not as funny as she thinks.

Britni was pretty clearly a bit unhinged right from the start. And yeah, ooph, she really is not nearly as clever or as charming as she obviously thinks she is. It must be why she and Frenchie get along so well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Tif said she wanted this pair of Frenchie's overalls and he agreed to give them to her.  Frenchie wants to start his own line of overalls.

Tif overalls.png

Now Frenchie has declared that the next few days will be open season for pranks.

• LOL 1

I really like Claire so I feel bad for saying this, but more than once I've seen her on the feeds from a distance and felt like she could be Tyler Crispin's female twin.  Only when she wears her hair in the bun though.

Claire bun.png

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, zorak said:

I really like Claire so I feel bad for saying this, but more than once I've seen her on the feeds from a distance and felt like she could be Tyler Crispin's female twin.  Only when she wears her hair in the bun though.

Claire bun.png

I have thought this for a while as well. There are certain expressions Claire has where I wondered if she is somehow related to Tyler. I also like her much more than I like Tyler - don't care for him at all.

Just now, Insensible Bob said:

Edited by Insensible Bob
Screwed up grabbing the quote
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

If you ever watch An Officer and a Gentleman, those letters are really hard to forget. Just hearing Lou Gossett Jr. growing them, over & over, to Richard Gere, it's kind of burned into your brain ! Although, I think they called it 'dropped on request' in that movie.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

don't know what airplane models Brent was crewing on, but for small single aisle airplanes like a 737 or A320, what you see is what you get.  There is not any privacy, really, for the cabin crew, so at least anyone uncomfortable with Brent's harassment has a modicum of safety built in with a plane full of potential witnesses.  However, if the airplane is a larger twin aisle long haul model like a 777 or A340, then there are lots of places where the crew is out of sight and isolated from witnesses.  Like in the tiny crew rest areas, or the lower deck cabin supply area where additional supplies are delivered to the main deck via a freight elevator, and cabin crew access via a trap door.  (I think)

Sexual harassment covers a broad range of behaviors. He could have been persistent in asking someone to hook up with him, or making comments about someone's body, or sending unwanted texts. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, zorak said:

Claire bun.png

Okay, I can't unsee that now. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Insensible Bob said:

I have thought this for a while as well. There are certain expressions Claire has where I wondered if she is somehow related to Tyler. I also like her much more than I like Tyler - don't care for him at all.

Well they are both from Ohio...  I'm surprised none of the other houseguests see a resemblance.  On the other hand, if anyone in the house did see a resemblance, I'd be worried for Claire because you know the rumor mill would be in overdrive.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

But CBS doesn't seem to do more than a cursory check on criminal records and leaves it as is. 

Pretty sure they don't even do that lol.

1 hour ago, zorak said:

Oh yea, Britini is unhinged. She has Raven energy but not to that extent. No one could ever be as Raven-y as Raven. But still, I have high hopes that she will provide many laughs lol.

53 minutes ago, zorak said:

Wow. Thanks a lot. Now this is all I will see, dammit!

13 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sexual harassment covers a broad range of behaviors. He could have been persistent in asking someone to hook up with him, or making comments about someone's body, or sending unwanted texts. 

And those are all not great.

• Love 3