Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Frenchie gets along great with women because all the women in his life are women but he just doesn't get along with men. But he gets awkward and nervous around women and doesn't know how to talk to them but he has no problem with men.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Whitney's parting advice to Frenchie: "Learn how to communicate." I would have gone with "stop being an incel" but I make bad choices in life a lot of the time.

Oh, Frenchie's threatening to DOR to Deref again. Because he doesn't want to risk having to sit in a hotel for weeks without seeing his family on the off chance there's a battle back.

Deref: "Oh my God, I can't."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Frenchie just told Deref he’s packing his bags and leaving now. He doesn’t want to take the chance of being stuck in a hotel room for weeks, waiting on a Battle Back or whatever.

Deref is bereft.

• LOL 8

Well, feeds are gonna be down for awhile if he's serious. I'm sure he'll still be haunting the nautical bedroom with Deref splayed out on his couch bed making victim noises when the feeds come back but still.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Someone’s thumb slipped off the button briefly, long enough to see a somber-looking Britini, Tiffany and Claire exit their room somberly and walk into the empty living room as someone said “It sucks”, then back to bubbles.

15 minutes down and counting. Somebody wake me if they come back tonight.

Just now, 30 Helens said:

Someone’s thumb slipped off the button briefly, long enough to see a somber-looking Britini, Tiffany and Claire exit their room somberly and walk into the empty living room as someone said “It sucks”, then back to bubbles.

15 minutes down and counting. Somebody wake me if they come back tonight.

And most of the house was having fun tonight! 

(edited)

Ky has spent 10 minutes basically telling Britini she was never the target and it sucks that he had to put her up, and it sucks that he had to put up Frenchie, but it happened. And I still don’t know if Frenchie is still there. But I get the sense that maybe he is.

My guess is production convinced him to stay by playing to his ego and promising he wouldn’t have to wait for a battle back and could just leave if he is evicted. And knowing that the last person Frenchie speaks to is the one who guides his actions, it probably wasn’t that hard.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I know Production does this on purpose to kill the excitement of a potential DOR (at this point, Frenchie's probably still in the DR) but having all four feeds on Kyland and Britini alone in the HoH room is a special kind of torture that I am not paying 5.99 USD/month to participate in. I do not consent, CBS/Paramount Plus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just logged on and tried to catch up. So Tiffany is over it, Brent is the worst, Deref is still lounging with his smelling salts, Brit had the cringiest moment ever (what were Xavier and Azah talking about? That was harsh) and Frenchie may have DORed? 

And we get the world's most boring convo while interesting stuff may be happening elsewhere? Welcome to Big Brotheeerrr! Sigh.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

Back from bubbles (for now anyway) and back yard is open and Derex, Brent, and Hannah are cuddled up in the hammock. Brent just assured Hannah that Frenchie is definitely being voted out if veto is not used, so he’s still there. Or they don’t know about him quitting yet.

Deref and Britini strategizing in the pantry, and Deref is wearing sunglasses so nobody can see his red, swollen eyes that are almost certainly still damp with tears.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Deref confirmed that Frenchie is in the nautical room, having some alone time.

And I just heard his voice over Azah's mic saying "I was just really mad so..." Frenchie lives! Guess I can go back to catching up on Loki.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really kind of wanted to see him quit just to cap off his "legacy." Oh well, he lives to torment the house for 5(!) more days.

Maybe that's his new plan, getting everyone else to DOR. 

Brent doesn't want to look like a schmuck on TV. About that...

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Someone in hammock: “Did you really say Frenchie is ‘erotic’?”

Brent: “They made me say it.”

BB voice: “You are not allowed to talk about your diary room sessions.”

Brent: “I just don’t want to look like a schmuck.”

The making of a fake DR sound bite, ladies and gentlemen!

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Frenchie DORing would be the quickest way to lose what remaining fans he has.

BB fans like people who actually play the game. The ones who come in clutch and save themselves. Not the ones who give up.

5 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Someone in hammock: “Did you really say Frenchie is ‘erotic’?”

Brent: “They made me say it.”

Brent: “I just don’t want to look like a schmuck.”

The making of a fake DR sound bite, ladies and gentlemen!

LOL...  So, Brent was really trying to say that Frenchie is 'erratic' but with his accent 'erotic and 'erratic' are homonyms.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Ky and SB are chatting up on the backyard balcony - he wants either her or Tiff to win HOH next week and nom Brent & Whitney.  He's clueing her in to the fact that Derex, and possibly Hannah, would be okay with that move.  SB definitely seems interested in working with Ky and Derex going forward.

You know, all this first week and a half is proving is that the DudeBros and SideHos will gravitate toward each other, and the same with the Outcasts/Nerds, regardless of skin color.  

• Love 12

Brent and Alyssa have been chatting in the hammock. She let him know that she is not that in to Christian, but she is willing to use his attraction to her to get info. He cautioned her be careful with his emotions. Brent said Ky told him the alliance of 7 can still move forward. They trash talk Frenchie a little and agree he has to go. They are both disappointed that he did not blow up and create more entertainment.

Me too! But there’s still time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Christian talks to Deref. He is feeling left out. He doesn’t know why Frenchie would throw his name around. He is frustrated that no one will tell him who the 2 hinky votes were. (Deref swears he doesn’t know either.) Nobody is talking to him and he doesn’t know what to do.

Elsewhere, Frenchie reclines mournfully in the hammock, all alone, gazing at the sky.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Christian talks to Deref. He is feeling left out. He doesn’t know why Frenchie would throw his name around. He is frustrated that no one will tell him who the 2 hinky votes were. (Deref swears he doesn’t know either.) Nobody is talking to him and he doesn’t know what to do.

They're also convinced that they have Derex and Hannah in their orbit, so as long as they win HOH next week, they'll be sitting pretty.  Not sure who else Christian is counting in their "nine" - SB maybe?  Or possibly Britini?

Yeah, both of Derex and Hannah have good options right now but they aren't loyal minions to ABCDfWX.  

• Love 1

Britini told Azah that if she wins HOH she's going after Brent & putting Whitney on the block with him.  And if Brent comes off the block, Christian is going up as the replacement.  

I'm totally down with this, especially because the CoolKids alliance really believes they are going to be fine next week but there are multiple people gunning for them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I have to admit, I'm impressed that so many people are willing to put up Brent/Whitney. Here I thought that, with Frenchie probably going out the door, Brent/Whitney would be untouched. Now, I know it's still early and we have to wait and see if people follow through and if Brent/Whitney/Xavier/Christian/Alyssa win HOH to foil the plans, but I do love that people are onto Brent and not very many actually like him. How refreshing. That makes me feel a little more sure that he won't be making it as far as other Dude Bros.

Christian, on the other hand, has settled in nicely after a rough first week. I could definitely see him getting far.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, TimWil said:

Random thoughts-Whitney looks like Kylie Minogue and Claire looks like Maggie Gyllenhaal

To me, most of the time Whitney looks exactly like Kerry Washington. It's eerie. But then there are times she looks nothing like her, which is weird lol.

6 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

You know, all this first week and a half is proving is that the DudeBros and SideHos will gravitate toward each other, and the same with the Outcasts/Nerds, regardless of skin color.  

I don't feel the outcast/nerds ever gravitate to each other. Most of them are usually trying to become part of the Cool Kids. It's one of the biggest problems with BB imo. I am so happy that this season that hasn't happened.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't feel the outcast/nerds ever gravitate to each other. Most of them are usually trying to become part of the Cool Kids. It's one of the biggest problems with BB imo. I am so happy that this season that hasn't happened.

I mean, outcasts often end up sort of together, but yeah, unlike this year, it's that they're FORCED to work together or be picked one by one (which typically still happens), while this year, they're actively looking to work with each other, which is huge.

Hey, Robyn Kass, you were terrible at your job. ONE year without you and we have the best cast in years. 

• Love 19

They never see that they should group together and instead just fight to be the lowest member of the Cool Kids totem pole lol.

I'm glad this week will be mostly boring now. I need to catch up on all the TV I missed last week as I was glued to the feeds.

• Love 2

Is anyone else having problems with the Live Feeds on Paramount+? I tried to open on Thursday evening and they just open to a black screen or a spinning loading circle. I turned off and on and unplug and re-plug, re-boot wi-fi… everything… they don’t work and I’m so annoyed because feeds have been good this week! I emailed and also called them on Friday and was on the phone with Tech for awhile snd they are aware of the problem and waived the $5.99 for a month, however he did not seem too hopeful about it being fixed soon. My other apps work on my smart TV (Samsung) and the feeds work in my iPhone 8, so I don’t know what is going on… but I hate watching feeds on my phone and I feel like I’m missing it all go down on the first good season a long time and Paramount is totally not concerned 😟 

I'm just happy I can't tell who is going to win the whole thing before the second week is over. Last season they really could have cut Cody the check has soon as he stepped foot into the house. It was THAT depressingly apparent because he won the pre-gaming. I'm ok with this week being boring too and Frenchie leaving. It's nowhere near as mind-numblingly  boring as last season. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

To me, most of the time Whitney looks exactly like Kerry Washington. It's eerie. But then there are times she looks nothing like her, which is weird lol.

I don’t see Kerry Washington at all. Whitney said people tell her that she looks like Megan Fox and I was surprised and now that is all I see… like a twin with blond hair. The first time I saw her on the feeds, I thought she had a Saran Wrap or mask or weird wax on her face!! I was like why does she have NO FACE?!!😳😮 she is like blurry and frozen at the same time… what is happening there? then I realized she is just really frozen from Botox and shiny from highlighter…??? I’m still not sure what is happening there. I think she is a make-up artist. Idk… my feeds won’t work so I have not seen the grooming too much yet…

• Love 2

Last year really sucked because no one outside The Committee + Enzo won any HOHs. When random people win HOH it makes for a fun week. There is the reason why Dani's HOH was the most entertaining because of David pulling himself off the block and Day winning veto. 

I think Christian is a much better player than Brent and have thought that since the first full day of the feeds.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm fascinated by the fact that I had six pages to catch up on, and it felt like something happened, but nothing actually did. Save for Derex winning veto, it was literally just Deref being dramatic and Frenchie being himself for the entire time and yet it felt like a ton of shit went on. It's like a riddle my brain can't figure out.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

There was a lot of game talk and various players revealing their intentions going forward.  Whether or not any of that planned targeting happens...  Guess it depends on who wins HOH next week.  Right now, you know Grodner is scrambling to make sure that the CoolKids are safe.  

I'd like to know who the CoolKids plan on targeting if they win HOH.  Tiffany seems like a pretty likely target but I fear for Claire as well.  They won't get rid of Derex, Hannah or Sarah Beth and I suspect they believe they can reel Ky over to their side if they get rid of another one of his team members.  Maybe Britini if they get wind of the fact that she is gunning for them.  I could see Azah revealing that info to Deref, not realizing he's gravitating toward the CoolKids because he can't help himself.  Deref would, 100% rat Britini out, especially knowing that the teams end the following week and being more concerned about his own position going forward than the team.

• Useful 1

Sigh.  I had hopes for this cast.  But it seems, like always, the hamsters have sorted into the "cool kids" and "outcasts" once again.  What may keep this season more interesting is with the shakeup in casting, the cliques are pretty even, and there could be some cross-over.

I wish I liked Sarah Beth.  Maybe I can get over my prejudice and bias as the season goes on.  I'm OK with cosplay and con stans, but there is just something about her type of twee that just bugs the hell outta me.  It isn't just her, it is that whole type.  There was a Project Runway contestant who was like that, and she made me grit my teeth too.  I recognize it isn't fair of me, and I'm trying to work on it, but there you are.

I also had issues with two beautiful, giggly, blonde sisters on The Amazing Race, but my prejudice there was against perceived "cool kid" stereotypes, and they actually turned out to be pretty good people (not great racers, but they did have some bad breaks), and not just "pretty."

So, everything reverts to junior high school.  Including me.  I'm 56yo, and you'd think I should be past that, yet here I am.  I'm working on it, OK?

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

Is anyone else having problems with the Live Feeds on Paramount+? I tried to open on Thursday evening and they just open to a black screen or a spinning loading circle. 

If you haven’t done it yet, try uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

Sigh.  I had hopes for this cast.  But it seems, like always, the hamsters have sorted into the "cool kids" and "outcasts" once again.  What may keep this season more interesting is with the shakeup in casting, the cliques are pretty even, and there could be some cross-over.

I don’t know about the sorting; I don’t things are that clear-cut this year. Yes, there seems to be a core Alyssa/Brent/Christian/Whitney on one side, and Tiffany/Claire/probably Azah on the other, but Derex, Ky, Britini, Xavier, Sarah Beth, Deref, Hannah aren’t completely tied to anyone, so are basically still up for grabs. And that’s the majority of the cast. There also seems to be a lot of shifting back and forth and nebulous alliances that may or may not last. (I left Frenchie out of the equation because I assume he will be gone.)

I’m really liking the fact that so many people are keeping their options open this year. It makes things unpredictable.  I also find it ironic/hilarious that Frenchie, Mr. Anti-Meathead Alliance, effectively formed what has become the cool kids/ meathead core. Maybe they should call themselves “Frenchie’s Legacy”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I thought about turning on the feeds but decided to peek on some sites to see if anything worthwhile was happening. Apparently Frenchie and Deref don't understand why the Washington Football Team had to change their name.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110d3503724d54e96568

I'll try again in a few hours.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

This is great.  I'm laughing so hard.  I'm so curious how production decided to do intros

That's such a fun, lighthearted group. I always love to see that, as opposed to two groups huddled separately sniping about each other, or worse, a giant group in one room mocking one or two poor outcasts who are miserable and crying all alone. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

Is anyone else having problems with the Live Feeds on Paramount+? I tried to open on Thursday evening and they just open to a black screen or a spinning loading circle. I turned off and on and unplug and re-plug, re-boot wi-fi… everything… they don’t work and I’m so annoyed because feeds have been good this week! I emailed and also called them on Friday and was on the phone with Tech for awhile snd they are aware of the problem and waived the $5.99 for a month, however he did not seem too hopeful about it being fixed soon. My other apps work on my smart TV (Samsung) and the feeds work in my iPhone 8, so I don’t know what is going on… but I hate watching feeds on my phone and I feel like I’m missing it all go down on the first good season a long time and Paramount is totally not concerned 😟 

I have problems with it just going black or the loading thing every once in awhile but it's been working fine for me for the past couple days.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t know about the sorting; I don’t things are that clear-cut this year. Yes, there seems to be a core Alyssa/Brent/Christian/Whitney on one side, and Tiffany/Claire/probably Azah on the other, but Derex, Ky, Britini, Xavier, Sarah Beth, Deref, Hannah aren’t completely tied to anyone, so are basically still up for grabs. And that’s the majority of the cast. There also seems to be a lot of shifting back and forth and nebulous alliances that may or may not last.

For now, Ky seems pretty clearly with Tiffany/Claire. So does Derex. I also think SB is more interested in working with them than Alyssa/Christian.  X I think has no loyalty to anyone and will just blow around. Hannah seems to want an alliance but, unfortunately, no one really wants her in their's. I believe she'd rather work with Tiffany/Claire than Alyssa/Christian/Brent/Whitney but Tiffany/Claire don't include her much so I can understand her not feeling like she can work with them. 

I think right now there are 2 major duos, Tiffany/Claire and Christian/Alyssa. Alyssa also has a hold on Brent and, unfortunately, X because those 3 men find her attractive for some reason and all want to fuck her. Tiffany/Claire solidly have Derex and Ky for now and I believe SB as well, but that's kinda tough because she is on a team with Christian/Alyssa/X so she feels some loyalty there as well.

Brent/Whitney seem to be seen as a duo by most of the HGs but I don't really see it. Perception is reality though, so we'll go with them as a duo. They believe they have SB through Christian/Alyssa and Derex because he's on their team.

There's a lot overlap and a lot of people that could go either way.

Personally, I prefer when there are 2 pretty clear sides because imo that makes for more drama and fights and I'm watching this show for drama and fights. Not this hour long "What's your fave movie?" bullshit where everyone acts like they love each other. I find that dreadfully dull.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Personally, I prefer when there are 2 pretty clear sides because imo that makes for more drama and fights and I'm watching this show for drama and fights. Not this hour long "What's your fave movie?" bullshit where everyone acts like they love each other. I find that dreadfully dull.

I totally agree with your assessments on the house, but I have to disagree with this.  I LOVE not knowing who is really with who on any given day, or caring so badly who wins HOH because my "team" wins or loses with who wins HOH.  I hate those weeks where I say "well, this person won, I'm out for the week".  There is still so much uncertainty of who the targets would be, and I like that. 

I don't really see a "cool kids" alliance yet.  Yes, there's Alyssa/Christian and Brent/Whitney.  But I know Brent/Whitney have been in a LOT of people's mouths, and Alyssa/Christian certainly isn't some power duo who will cruise to the end.  No one is in a Brigade/Paul/Derrek/Cody position and I am HERE for it.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just find myself not as invested in seasons where there aren't clear sides.

I think I'm the opposite. I love lots of randomness and chaos, the feeling of having no idea what will happen next. In BB that is. I'm way past wanting that in my personal life, so I need to see it on TV 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

Christian/Tiffany were tight the first full day. If they both make it far after the team portion it will be interesting if they team up especially if Christian loses Alyssa or Tiffany loses Claire.

I like the sides thing, but I also like unpredictability week to week. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 4