Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

I'm digging Travis more than Christian or Brent right now so out of the Dude Bros, please let it be Christian or Brent. Preferably Brent to ensure Brent/Travis don't sync up, and I can hope that Travis gets more annoyed by Christian than with Brent.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Now, that's not fair to buy up ALL the watermelons!  What's poor Jackson gonna do?

Meh, wouldn't be the first time he's dealt with withdrawal.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I know he's HoH but they haven't been in the house for 12 hours and Frenchie is playing hard already. I'm manifesting him practicing his nom speech to his pants in the middle of the night. FRENCHIE HAS A DAUGHTER!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

These people need name tags until I learn who is who. Maybe I need to make my own portrait wall. (I am NOT going to do that.)

Whitney’s friends call her Whit. And her best friends call her Wee. FFS.  Also, she cannot lie. Like, not at all.

Italian guy is going full-on Italian, just like he promised. “I’m-a go all Chef Boyardee in this bitch!”

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Whoever came up with this "Turn it Up" song playing on the feeds should be fired. From life.

YES YES YES YES

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

🎶 So turn it up / Y'all we're gonna celebrate /Turn it up 🎶

Stop that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I had to turn it off. The song was that bad. At least they stopped giving us 2 cameras of people and 2 cameras of the logo with the Turn It Up song playing quietly under the conversation on quad cam. It's probably going to keep looping in my head while I'm trying to sleep. They better change back to the normal Big Brother FISH song tomorrow - I'm pretty sure this constitutes as cruel and unusual punishment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

NO ONE WANTS TO TURN IT UP AND CELEBRATE, TURN IT DOWN AND GIVE US FEEDS

We are not even 1 hour in and this techno trance is torture.
Never thought I would beg for the fish tank music. It made me twitch... yet the devil you know beats “Turn it up, y’all we’re gonna celebrate” on repeat...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I really think they made this song to fuck with us. Like, “You didn’t like the Stars music? Ok, how about THIS.” 

Whitney, Tiffany and Frenchie are in alliance talks. They want to bring in Britini. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dudebro* convention in the bathroom. Confirmed by the fact I just heard 2 “dudes” and 1 “bro” within 3 seconds.

*Brent, Travis, Christian. Xavier was there briefly but had the good sense to leave before the 3rd “bro”.

• LOL 8

I didn’t watch the episode yet, so I have no idea who these people are yet. The two girls with French braids are whispering that they like each other as the blonde casually hangs up an array of tees and bodysuits in size toddler. They are whispering with the dude in the camp overalls. Is that Frenchie?

• LOL 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Whitney is proposing an alliance with Tiffany, Frenchie, and also with Britini and I think Derek F? 

That's...an odd first week alliance that will surely blow up soon.

That's a messy ass alliance.

1 minute ago, Luckylondon said:

I didn’t watch the episode yet, so I have no idea who these people are yet. The two girls with French braids are whispering that they like each other as the blonde casually hangs up an array of tees and bodysuits in size toddler. They are whispering with the dude in the camp overalls. Is that Frenchie?

Yeah, the farmer is Frenchie. He's a super fan and is playing SUPER hard.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm probably turning off the feeds in a few minutes because I got my fill of the feeds tonight, but here are my current thoughts:

• The DudeBros are already aligning. Christian seems to be getting close with Brent and Travis.
  • Alyssa has game in her, but she needs to get far away from the DudeBros to see her full potential. 
  • Brent has nervous energy. He's already showing signs of paranoia.
  • Whitney...might be sending some minor red flags. I'm trusting my gut on this one and assuming there's a reason.
  • Tiffany is fantastic. She's really connecting with people and I hope she gets far.
  • Derek X and Kyland are becoming close allies and I love it.
  • Claire seems to be having trouble connecting. Nobody is really forming a real bond with her yet, and I hope that changes because she's trying.
  • Xavier might be a disappointment if he sticks with Alyssa and the DudeBros.
  • Frenchie and Derek F both have Overplaying vibes about them.
  • Azah, Hannah, and Sarah Beth haven't done too much and I have no idea where their heads are at. 

My hope is that Frenchie puts up Christian and Brent and we can watch them fight it out. Christian gives me that vibe that he'll be more trouble if he sticks around, so I hope he is first boot. Brent has paranoia energy to him and he'll crash and burn sooner, rather than later. Travis is a dangerous person to keep around, though, because I think he'll slither through into alliances better than the other two. But Christian and Brent as noms this week will probably bring more drama. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Whitney was bonding with Frenchie a bit earlier about how one goes shooting - no, you don't go to the 'range' - you just go out in the backyard or back 40 and shoot at your own targets.  Something along those lines, I seem to recall.  I was busy doing some sewing (suck on it, Sarah Beth, I've been sewing longer than you've been alive!) and only perked up when she was talking about Tillamook and taking them to visit the factory (cheeeeeese, mmmmmmm...  Got me some Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar in the fridge...).  I think she might actually have grown up there.  Which means she most definitely knows my cousins' family who are from there going back generations.  My cousins are at least a decade older than her but they've got a ton of paternal cousins who all grew up there.  If she breaks out a "Go Cheesemakers!" cheer or something, that'll confirm it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I hate the games room. It’s very dimly lit, and staged so that the view is blocked by whoever sits with their back to the camera.

Derek X and Kylo Ren are bonding and whispering in the back corner. Elsewhere, Frenchie is bonding with seemingly everyone. He’s either going to go far, or get cut early because people feel betrayed: “I thought I was your only one!” 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

My hope is that Frenchie puts up Christian and Brent and we can watch them fight it out. Christian gives me that vibe that he'll be more trouble if he sticks around, so I hope he is first boot. Brent has paranoia energy to him and he'll crash and burn sooner, rather than later. Travis is a dangerous person to keep around, though, because I think he'll slither through into alliances better than the other two. But Christian and Brent as noms this week will probably bring more drama. 

If Frenchie, Whitney and Tiffany are in early talks to form an alliance, then I expect we'll see Christian targeted.  That's two team captains there and they both might think there's some benefit to getting out another team captain who won the first competition like they did.  I can see Whitney lobbying to keep Brent safe since he's on her team, which would mean Travis is likely to go up against Christian.  If Travis wins safety then Brent goes up as the pawn.  If Christian wins safety, the target shifts to Travis and Brent still goes up as the pawn.  Either way, as long as a DudeBro goes I will be happy.  

Part of me is saying "fuck you, Whitney" for telling Frenchie to not clean up the kitchen but it's not as though the houseguests can stave off the Antguests all that long anyways.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 2
(edited)

The houseguests are calling Derek F "Big D" and Derek X "X" - and Azah had a German roommate who trolled her when she introduced her to her parents and had her greet them with a "really bad" German word that she whispered to Christian thinking that because he is of German & Polish heritage he actually speaks German.  And, because he's really just your vanilla white American of European extraction several generations ago, he had no idea what she said and had never heard the word she whispered to him.  LOL.  Looks like the HGs have been called to the living room.  Maybe HOH reveal?

ETA - I'm your vanilla, white American of European extraction several generations ago, so I feel comfortable snarking on Christian for that.  I'd no sooner understand whatever it was Azah whispered either despite also being of German heritage somewhere in my DNA.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 7

I was only half listening, because these people have not yet earned my full attention, but I gathered the friend had her say something dirty as a fake German word. “Fookensahk”, or something like that. No matter, her friend is an idiot.

The dudebros seem to be tight already. So much for defying the stereotypes. They may have also roped in Derek X and Kylo. They were all making plans for a reunion vacation. Sounds like they may also be targeting Whitney.  

• Love 3

Who wants to see Frenchie’s HOH room? Fake enthusiastic everybody!!

And the room is… hideous. I don’t know which is worse, the angled purple neon tubes as a headboard, or the simulated blue moat around the bed. 

His snacks are beer, Cap’n Crunch, nutterbutters and goldfish crackers. 

Azah made closeup crazy eyes into the camera. Hee.

Frenchie is confused by the tampons and maxi pads in the bathroom. You’re not the only one who’s ever going to stay there, genius.

Everyone is standing around chatting and once again, Whitney is standing on the fringes. She has First Boot written all over her.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Travis can go this week, I think.  He's already talking to Derek X about forming an early, big alliance.  So far it's sounding like they want to target Kyland, Xavier, and "a girl or two" - Hannah and Whitney as their wildcard.   But, then, he's also noticed that Christian and Brent are already very tight.  Meanwhile at least two of those targets - Kyland and Hannah are hanging out with a larger group in the HOH.

ETA - I think they plan on targeting Claire and Hannah, with Whitney as a 2nd girl if either of the first two decline.  Claire is also hanging out in the HOH.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Everyone is standing around chatting and once again, Whitney is standing on the fringes. She has First Boot written all over her.

She already delayed my plan for her and Travis to marry in 2031 by not taking him on her team, but if she gets kicked off first, it probably won't happen period!

I suspect Frenchie won't nominate a woman this week, though.

• LOL 5

While Travis has been scrambling to form alliances, Frenchie has been holding court in the HoH room, preaching his brand of BB play.. His goal, he says, is to dispel myths about the South and prove that it’s not just a nest of dumb hillbilly rednecks. He wants to encourage openness and inclusion, and help to create a season that’s the opposite of 21. “I hate you, Jackson “, he says, “and I don’t care if you’re watching.” (This prompts an extended break to Turn it Up music, which— please be careful with your words, guy. We hate Jackson too, so don’t punish us.) Frenchie’s best friend is a gay Black man, and he credits Paul and Rockstar with educating him about gender identity and the respectful use of pronouns. He hates Trump (this admission did NOT cause a feeds pause, FWIW.) He has no interest in Instagram followers. Claire, Azah, Britini, Kyland and Whitney were among his congregation. They agreed with everything he said (outwardly, at least). They all think he’s like Donnie, but with better social skills. He thinks that’s cool, because Donnie is one of his favorites.

One thing I’ve noticed about this group in general is there’s a LOT of talk about other reality shows. They’ve talked about the possibility of going on Love Island, Survivor, and Too Hot to Handle. They’ve also discussed past seasons of BB in some detail. Lots of reality superfans here.

Dudebros have entered the HoH room and it’s become much more raucous.

Tiffany seems uncomfortable and I’m afraid she may be isolating herself too much. I haven’t seen her talk to anyone but Xavier and Azah, both briefly. Right now she’s taking a shower while most others are partying upstairs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Yeah, one of the criticisms we've had over the years is that it seems like the HGs that Kass picked were basically interchangeable with other reality shows (you know, "I'll be on the Bachelor...or Big Brother. Whichever") and while, overall, this cast seems MUCH better than a typical Kass cast, there's even MORE of that interchangeability here. Xavier, in particular, strikes me as a guy who REALLY thinks he should be a reality star. And, honestly, he's probably CORRECT (as, come on, who doesn't automatically love Xavier, right?), but dang, dude, it's still not a good look to be SO into being a reality star, no matter what show it might be on. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Dudebro* convention in the bathroom. Confirmed by the fact I just heard 2 “dudes” and 1 “bro” within 3 seconds.

*Brent, Travis, Christian. Xavier was there briefly but had the good sense to leave before the 3rd “bro”.

I knew Brent and Travis County would have googly eye sparkles for each other. And Christian makes a good third.

Last night, Xavier told Alyssa that he didn't want to rush at Frenchie and overwhelm him, but he didn't want to be the last to speak with him, either.  Because he thinks Frenchie is a man of his word, so if he's already made lots of promises elsewhere, that could be rough.

He also doesn't want to jump into a big early alliance like Gr8ful, because "those never work".  Er, you did see the past few seasons, didn't you?  Made for less-thrilling TV but clearly it was better to be in than out.

Christian critiqued his team's performance with Xavier and Alyssa.  He felt the problem was that the others were too focused on "helping" him with the puzzle, when they should have been concentrating on keeping their pieces steady.  Way to shift the blame, bro.  Also, you're not getting that comp again, so what's the point?  Douche.

OTOH, I have sympathy for Christian, because his parents keep two cats, even though Christian is allergic.  He claims this is the first time he's been able to breathe through his nose for three years.

(Waits for "mouth-breather" jokes.)

I mean, I completely love and need my kitty-woo, but c'mon, Mom and Dad!  Your son's health should be more of a priority, I'm thinking.  No wonder he wants to get off of that farm…

• Love 4

Good morning! I woke up way later than I should have, so I guess I'm working from home today by default! But the feeds were too good to not turn off earlier last night.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like Brent is Frenchie's target. Which...ok, I guess I get? He seems like he'll do well at comps. But I really don't like Christian because he keeps calling Whitney a bitch, and Travis is already in the Big Alpha Male Alliance mindset and wanting to target....Claire and Hannah? Compared to those two, Brent is the lesser of three DudeBros. For now. Unless Brent becomes the worst the longer he sticks around, which is very possible. Alas, I hope Travis/Christian are the initial nominees. Wipe those smirks off of those faces!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Good morning! Kyland is up! Though I think it's more of a potty break than actual getting up.

Cams 1 and 2 show HOH sleeping in solitary splendor, strictly on his side of the bed. You can tell he's used to a bed partner as he 's made a pillow wall on the personless side.

I was right about Kyland.

Cam 3 has a loud Breather, not snoring, just noisy.

Back to Cam 1 which is quieter.

• Love 1

OK, someone else is up for a potty break. I think it's Derek X, the Asian gentleman?  BB Chatroom "Bathroom" confirms it's Derek X. He stares at himself in the mirror, then goes into the weight room. He's a hoodie up type of guy. He's in another room now, but must be standing still because the light hasn't turned on yet. He's looking at the memory wall, probably trying to learn names.

He's good at avoiding the motion detectors. And back to bed!

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

The houseguests are calling Derek F "Big D" and Derek X "X"

Ha, I said over in the Anticipation thread that I hoped the houseguests would call them Big D and Little D. I guess that's close enough, lol. Though, after seeing Derek X on the episode, Little D doesn't fit him anyway...dude's tall and ripped. 

I actually brought my laptop to the office this morning so I can discreetly listen to the feeds while I "work". Gonna be a productive Thursday (not!) haha.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

FRENCHIE HAS A DAUGHTER!

But has he started accusing the other players of trying to take food out of his daughter's mouth yet???

8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Brent has nervous energy. He's already showing signs of paranoia.

Winston levels of paranoia?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I didn't stay up last night to watch. I'm too old for that shit. I also missed a lot of the episode because my tivo is being a real dick lately and keeps going in and out. Very annoying but whatever.

I'm not into Frenchie but he won't target any of the POC or women so I guess I'm OK with him being first HOH.

lol at the dudebros already linking up. I can't wait to see Frenchie nom them. They'll be aghast! I think Christian is low key an asshole and he showed himself to be pretty great at comps in the premiere (from what I was able to actually watch) so I think he's the best bet for them as the first target. But at the same time, it sounds like Travis might be the one to slip through the cracks and make it far so maybe he's a good person to target early. Brent is probably the least threatening of the 3.

I can't wait to spend all day watching these fools lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, zorak said:

But has he started accusing the other players of trying to take food out of his daughter's mouth yet???

Winston levels of paranoia?

I wonder when his daughter's birthday is.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Sarah Beth is up! She's diligently combing hair? No, I guess that is a flat iron. She's wearing a gray T-shirt and shorts, white slippers and red anklets.

I'm missing the couch they had in the bathroom. And here is Derek F to join her. He kind of staggers in, shirtless in blue shorts, red and white vertical stripes on the sides. Better unmute my laptop.

Derek could hear noises through the wall, banging noises.

Someone with long blond hair is in the kitchen. I think it's Whitney. The chat room thinks Xavier is working out but I haven't seen him. Oh there he is, now he's in the weight room. Time to do do some bench presses (?), lifting a horizontal pole up and down while on his back. Now it's hand held weights, some bicep work. He's wearing a gray long-sleeved shirt and black gym shorts. Someone passed through on the way to the bathroom but could only see the top of the head. Didn't return Xavier's greeting, so he whispered stuff about being a black man. I think he thought she snubbed him on purpose. I'm guessing she barely has her eyes open and has waking up brain fog.

Whitney (I think) is wearing an Oregon T-shirt. She and Derek F are in the kitchen, talking about how they slept. Derek wonders wear the garbage goes. Whitney says there's a garbage can in the storage room. Someone else is up in the Kitchen, chat room says Hannah who has a headache. She's wearing a green hoodie, hood down.

Now someone else is in the kitchen, Derek X. He's wearing a black hoodie, hood up, and he has white speckles all over his hoodie. Sarah Beth is in the kitchen, too.

• Love 2

Sarah Beth said she hid the Chex Mix in the Tupperware drawer.  Whitney said what a bitch she'd be if she made only two cups of coffee instead of a whole pot. Derek F says he'll make eggs for everyone. I think Hannah's joined Sarah Beth, Dereks X and F in the kitchen. 

Now they are joking about the water having something in it that makes them sick. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Good morning! I woke up way later than I should have, so I guess I'm working from home today by default! But the feeds were too good to not turn off earlier last night.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like Brent is Frenchie's target. Which...ok, I guess I get? He seems like he'll do well at comps. But I really don't like Christian because he keeps calling Whitney a bitch, and Travis is already in the Big Alpha Male Alliance mindset and wanting to target....Claire and Hannah? Compared to those two, Brent is the lesser of three DudeBros. For now. Unless Brent becomes the worst the longer he sticks around, which is very possible. Alas, I hope Travis/Christian are the initial nominees. Wipe those smirks off of those faces!

Let me clarify...  Last night Travis and Derek X wanted to target Hannah and Claire and possibly Whitney to join their early, big alliance, along with Kyland and Xavier.  They don't want them gone, they want them as their Side-Hos. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Derek F says he went to boarding school for 5 years, sounds like a military school, really strict. He was in the military, too. Xavier's joined the others in the living room.

Xavier and someone talking about the schedule.  He thought nominations were done a few days after the HOH comp. She said it's the next day. Xavier is brave--the first one to make slop. Reading slop directions out loud, then Fish. You all will be glad to know the same old feeds music is back. They're just showing bubbles in blue water right now.

• Love 1

Someone else is up, it might be Brent. I have a small screen. Hannah talking about getting Covid. She caught it from someone at work and her whole family caught it. Her parents are high risk. Derek F said he had to look at the India vaccination cards. Hannah said she was the only one who had symptoms. They are saying they started to watch BB during Covid. Sarah Beth is there and Whitney. Hannah is describing BB OTT, now discussing Celebrity BB.

Derek F says his nickname is Big D. Derek X says he'll be Baby D or DVD, or Professor X.

• Love 2

Now they are talking about nicknames for the announcer voice. Sarge (Sergeant) is one, Butler is another. Now they are talking about when live feeds start. I think that's Britini on the sofa, but her back is to me. Claire is up now. Now they are talking about snores. 

Now it's C-Pap machines for sleep apnea. Some guy in a blue shirt and tan baseball hat walked by. Might be Frenchie. Derek F misses his cigarettes. 

Now it sounds like Derek F wasn't in the military. Announcer voice says there are fresh batteries in the storage room and someone says People are trying to sleep!

Frenchie is up. He's the guy in the blue shirt and tan hat. Actually a powder blue hoodie, hood down.

Meeting in HOH room at 11:00 room, Azah tells Britini. Brent is up and in the kitchen now. He was up so much in the night because he drank a lot of water. He doesn't feel well. Someone made a comment about Christian effing something up.  BUBBLES.

10 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Frenchie is up. He's the guy in the blue shirt and tan hat. Actually a powder blue hoodie, hood down.

I never expected to say this, but Frenchie seems pretty intense. Do people generally seem to like him? It's probably hard to tell when he's HoH. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I never expected to say this, but Frenchie seems pretty intense. Do people generally seem to like him? It's probably hard to tell when he's HoH. 

I guess I like Frenchie so far as I don't have a reason not to like him. He does have cows, which is a reason why I kind of liked Jason and Elena in S19 because Jason talked about his steer who performed with him and Elena talked about her dad's steer, Oreo (who her dad brought to Elena's dorm one time).

Someone was a bridal model, may be Alyssa. She became a makeup artist and how she became #2 in all of Oregon for makeup artists.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1

I think Travis is in the kitchen, but can't tell for sure. He's sporting a wimpy manbun with his curly locks streaming around it. No, I guess this Christian. Kyland is up too.