Type keyword(s) to search

ESPN

• Start Topic

(edited)

I watch Pardon the Interruption regularly, but I'm tired of Michael Wilbon's constant grouching.  I wish Pablo Torre would take his place permanently because I think he works well with Tony Kornheiser. 

Edited by Crashcourse
Missed some words
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I watch Pardon the Interruption regularly, but I'm tired of Michael Wilbon's constant grouching.  I wish Pablo Torre would take his place permanently because I think he works well with Tony Kornheiser. 

Crashcourse.  My son says the same thing! I know what you mean; and I think Pablo Torre and Tony are a really good fit. And a good dynamic. But.  It would be a different chemistry than Tony and Mike have; they are the Oscar and Felix of sports. I love love Tony K; always have.  I read his columns for decades; he has the talent and humor of being able to write both sports and lifestyle columns.  No small feat; I also think he may have been nominated for a Pulitzer.  Michael W was an excellent sportswriter; he and Tony have been friends forever.  I would miss their dynamic if the network made a change. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Kemper said:

Crashcourse.  My son says the same thing! I know what you mean; and I think Pablo Torre and Tony are a really good fit. And a good dynamic. But.  It would be a different chemistry than Tony and Mike have; they are the Oscar and Felix of sports. I love love Tony K; always have.  I read his columns for decades; he has the talent and humor of being able to write both sports and lifestyle columns.  No small feat; I also think he may have been nominated for a Pulitzer.  Michael W was an excellent sportswriter; he and Tony have been friends forever.  I would miss their dynamic if the network made a change. 

I love Tony, too, and I used to read his columns in the Washington Post.  I agree that Tony and Michael used to be a great duo, but Michael has changed into a grouch over the past couple years and he's not pleasant to watch anymore.  I think Tony and Pablo have a much better rapport, and I love the jokes about the age difference and when Tony calls him his grandson.  I also think Pablo is very good at his job.  Now, if Michael calmed down then I wouldn't have a problem with him being with Tony but, right now, he's just a grouch.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I love Tony, too, and I used to read his columns in the Washington Post.  I agree that Tony and Michael used to be a great duo, but Michael has changed into a grouch over the past couple years and he's not pleasant to watch anymore.  I think Tony and Pablo have a much better rapport, and I love the jokes about the age difference and when Tony calls him his grandson.  I also think Pablo is very good at his job.  Now, if Michael calmed down then I wouldn't have a problem with him being with Tony but, right now, he's just a grouch.

I am Tony's age and to see Wilbon go (and he probably should) would bring home how old we (Tony and I) are.  A new generation of sports reporters is coming...front and center.  But you are saying everything that my son and brother are saying about Michael W.  On the bright side - Pablo is wonderful; quick on his feet, good humored, and a wowser to look at.  Plus he has quite the educational background.  So if Michael does go - it wouldn't take long for Tony and Pablo to get into a steady groove.  But I do wonder how Tony would feel if his sidekick goes; would he pack it in, too?  I think not.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Kemper said:

But I do wonder how Tony would feel if his sidekick goes; would he pack it in, too?  I think not.

I think they'll have to carry Tony out on a stretcher. 😁

Just finished watching PTI and Tony turned 74 today.

Happy Birthday Tony! 😁

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think they'll have to carry Tony out on a stretcher. 😁

Just finished watching PTI and Tony turned 74 today.

Happy Birthday Tony! 😁

Those clips of Tony ... so funny.  Especially the one with him bopping with penguins.  My Mr. Kemper passed away two years ago; so if Tony were to suddenly find himself single.  😎 I can hear The Grands "eewwing" now.  

The ratings for PTI are some of the best on the network.  That is something, considering it isn't primarily about the NBA.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm trying to remember, but has "Loud Wilbon" become more of a thing since they stopped the studio shows because of the pandemic? He seems so much more annoying now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I'm trying to remember, but has "Loud Wilbon" become more of a thing since they stopped the studio shows because of the pandemic? He seems so much more annoying now.

That's an interesting point.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

How in the hell did Kendrick Perkins get a job on ESPN?  He's an embarrassment to listen to, with his labored way of talking and awful grammar.  There must be a retired athlete out there who wants the job and would be much better.