Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Leather Pants

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Crystal literally has done NOTHING at this party  to Sutton .... NOTHING she is freaking out FOR NO REASON .... THat is not normal  

But she did bring her face and Sutton doesn't like her face.

5 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Sutton is embarrassed that she didn't bring a present, that is all

Yup. At least as edited, Sutton was just feeling left out again and was super mad that Crystal was included in the gift. Of course Kyle saw the potential for drama and went over to her when she noticed her sulking.

I don't get why she doesn't understand that Crystal is not saying that Sutton violated her. She's saying she felt violated. You can feel violated without anyone having intentionally done anything to you.

I don't get Crystal's "jealous" comment thought--wtf? Keep on topic, Crystal! You just gave her an opening to insult your admittedly terrible pants!

Note that Sutton kinda proved Crystal's story right here, or at least changed her mind and played into it now, when she claimed that Crystal was being defensive because she really was up to something in there. Which is what she said the first time. So, you know, maybe Crystal wasn't misrepresenting her so much at all.

Rinna must be thrilled her mom saw her daughter on the cover of a tabloid in the supermarket!

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

So over the Naked Surprise Incident. I imagine that Crystal is, too. Sutton is an actual adult throwing a tantrum at someone else's party. I will say, though. I'm not sure that "jealous" is the right word for Captain Vocab to use, but I'm glad she stayed away from words like "crazy."

I think Kathy was going for a "Who is Mr. Poppins?" tension breaker but she just ended up looking spacey. She really needs to stop calling Sutton Thomasina, though. It wasn't ever funny and it clearly hurts Sutton's feelings. Give it a rest. Then again, Sutton's feelings are very . . . hurtable? Wasn't she airing out a List of Sutton-aimed Insults a few episodes ago?

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

So over the Naked Surprise Incident. I imagine that Crystal is, too. Sutton is an actual adult throwing a tantrum at someone else's party. I will say, though. I'm not sure that "jealous" is the right word for Captain Vocab to use, but I'm glad she stayed away from words like "crazy."

I think Kathy was going for a "Who is Mr. Poppins?" tension breaker but she just ended up looking spacey. She really needs to stop calling Sutton Thomasina, though. It wasn't ever funny and it clearly hurts Sutton's feelings. Give it a rest. Then again, Sutton's feelings are very . . . hurtable? Wasn't she airing out a List of Sutton-aimed Insults a few episodes ago?

Sutton jokes about seeing crystals tits and said crystal should get a sense of humor about it lol then blows up when its not her making the jokes ... There is no winning with this woman 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh god Sutton is gonna think its some conspiracy that crystal went in with the girls and brought a gift ....Melt down in 5 ...4...3..

This is what I was thinking.  Sutton seemed to flip at that moment.

• Love 11
(edited)

My feeling is that Sutton overplayed her hand. At the dinner the week before, the other women seemed to be taking Sutton's side, so after feeling vulnerable because Ms. Southern Manners* Sutton didn't bring a gift for Garcelle, she attempted to go back to the "how DARE she SAY she felt violated" well to feel less vulnerable. 

However, since Crystal was sitting there minding her own business and since the other women are clearly over this whole incident, they are less interested in rallying around poor, fragile Sutton. 

* I think that the "Southern Manners" thing is the other reason she caused a scene. Because in addition to her fragility, she has built her whole RHOBH persona around being so gracious blah blah blah. And the fact that she didn't bring a gift threatens that persona. So she went on the offensive against Crystal to distract everyone from realizing she hadn't brought a gift.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18

I don’t think Crystal believes Sutton is jealous as much as she believes accusing Sutton of jealousy would make her loss her shit.

Well played Crystal, well played.

• LOL 9
  • Love 14

Oh thank you RHOBH for not being RHONY!
Who’s Hunky Dory? Is she for real? The Thomasina greeting HAD to be a dig. 
I said last week I rotate between Sutton and Crystal and this week I’m going with Sutton. If someone is that upset, comfort them a bit. Yes you felt violated and yes Sutton is awkward but you don’t have to be a jerk. And yes, the leather pants are ass ugly girl. Although Sutton’s dress was just as ugly. WTF? They don’t have pretty clothes in Beverly Hills?

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

I don’t think Crystal believes Sutton is jealous as much as she believes accusing Sutton of jealousy would make her loss her shit.

Well played Crystal, well played.

her shit was pretty much already lost before that comment tho dont you think? :) ... and her yelling about ugly leather pants while she was wearing that tacky ass craft corner dress was hilarious 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Half- watching as usual, so missed the hunky- dory comment.  In relation  to what?  Sounds like something my (now deceased ) parents would say.

Understand Sutton feeling left out if all the others decided to bring gifts, AND some went together, making her feel left out.  Awkward.  Been there.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Half- watching as usual, so missed the hunky- dory comment.  In relation  to what?  Sounds like something my (now deceased ) parents would say.

Understand Sutton feeling left out if all the others decided to bring gifts, AND some went together, making her feel left out.  Awkward.  Been there.

but how did that anger get all focused on Crystal tho? if all the ladies each went and brought a gift and crystal wasnt and isn't really on hang out terms with Sutton so she wouldn't have said hey girl lets go in on a gift together .... why is she the bad guy for the other ladies not reaching out to her? why was her WRATH out of nowhere aimed at a woman who did nothing to her at this party ... 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think Crystal was probably confused as to why once again Sutton was bringing this up again and was reaching a bit for an explanation. 

On the other hand, IMO, Crystal wasn't wrong when she said that Sutton was jealous. Sutton was mad that Kyle and Kathy went in on a gift with Crystal and I think she was "jealous" in the way that middle school girls are when their BFF has a new friend. 

Why should Crystal "comfort" Sutton, who once again attacked her while she was sitting there minding her own business? Crystal didn't do anything wrong and YET AGAIN, Sutton is somehow insisting she's the victim when she's been the aggressor.

So she doesn’t look like an uppity cold bitch which we know she is but she could make herself look a bit nice cause that girl isn’t very likable as housewife and doesn’t offer much in the group setting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Yeah, note that however emotional Sutton says she is, she knows who's she's got a better chance at insulting if she wants backup. She knows Kathy's social position is too superior to go after her. This woman isn't socially clueless.

22 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Oh thank you RHOBH for not being RHONY!
Who’s Hunky Dory? Is she for real? The Thomasina greeting HAD to be a dig. 
I said last week I rotate between Sutton and Crystal and this week I’m going with Sutton. If someone is that upset, comfort them a bit. Yes you felt violated and yes Sutton is awkward but you don’t have to be a jerk. And yes, the leather pants are ass ugly girl. Although Sutton’s dress was just as ugly. WTF? They don’t have pretty clothes in Beverly Hills?

I really don't think there's anything Crystal could have said that would have comforted Sutton except to submit to her completely and admit she's the villain for acting as if Sutton could ever do anything bad. She treats her like an adult having a tantrum instead of a delicate child. Even when Sutton's acting like a literal child yelling about Crystal's ugly pants--you know, like a mean girl would do. 

Seems also relevant that since Sutton gets seen as socially awkward, it should be acknowledged that Crystal seems to have resting smug face. A lot of times when the camera was on her she was smiling at something that didn't seem to give her much reason to feel smug. When Sutton goes after her her smile freezes and, imo, that's why she looks smug. It's not smug, it's her instinctual response to somebody coming for her--an expression that says "I'm having no reaction to what you're saying. You're not getting to me." I don't think it's true smugness at all.

• Useful 7
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Think Lisa "the hustler" and Harry Hasbeen are attempting to convince people they should have a cooking show.

Well, if Valerie Bertinelli can do it…

I would watch Harry on a cooking show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Wicked said:

Bingo!

I liked that Crystal wasn't going to apologize to Sutton for using the word violate - but then she lost me when she told Sutton that she was just jealous.  Sutton shouldn't be on this tv show - she's totally  unable to cope in a crowd - not sure if she's just socially awkward or if there's more to it.  But watching her lose it right and left isn't entertaining.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh no, this is going to be more Sutton/ Crystal ‘violated’ drama. *snore*.  SNORT

Fixed it for ya!

TOTALLY BORING. Is this the week that the Howives of EVERYWHERE jump the shark?? I'm about to cancel Bravo.  Save some $$$$.  Seriously.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Nah Crystal thinks she’s better cause she has the old rich husband and Sutton has lost hers. 

Then Crystal is ridiculous for thinking that when Sutton thought Crystal was better cause she got to go in on a gift with Kathy and Kyle and Sutton didn't.

2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Dorit seems to be a big non-entity this season, thus far.  Curious to see where this bridal fashion thing goes.  As long as she doesn't create some stupid initial logo and start slapping all over (as she loves her logo'd designer wear), it could become profitable for her.  I can totally see her designing slapping her name label on some dresses similar to Pnina Tornai's style.

Gotta love what it's like to live in this world. People come across you and just ask you to do work that you feel confident to do even if you don't have professional experience. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

I don't see her not trying to comfort Sutton as mean girl behavior since she's the one Sutton is attacking.

All of this... why should Crystal comfort a women who has singled her out time after time to attack ... Sutton str8 up out of nowhere brought this shit up again but its Crystal who should bend over and take it cause Sutton is "fragile" NO no 

• Love 16
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm going to need Harry's bolognese recipe. 

That recipe may become Rinna's next product on QVC or HSN - whatever shopping channel she was on.  Maybe they'll bottle it and she can sell it on TV!!!  

Something tells me Rinna isn't going to become the next Estee Lauder with her hideous lipstick line.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I get the impression Crystal is enjoying driving Sutton mental.

Imagine Rinna Of all people married to a guy who’s a great cook.  Doesn’t compute.

Where is Rinna's singsong "Gaslighting, gaslighting, gaslighting" when it actually applies to the situation?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Where is Rinna's singsong "Gaslighting, gaslighting, gaslighting" when it actually applies to the situation?

But who's gaslighting/being gaslit in this situation? Frustrating somebody by refusing to give them the reaction they want isn't gaslighting.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)

Oh Sutton I like you and have defended you a lot, but it is pretty hard to defend you tonight!

I get that Crystal isn't the most likable out of the bunch, but she was guilty of nothing this time. Kathy is the one who teased Sutton, not Crystal. It's not Crystal's fault Sutton didn't bring a gift either. Crystal was just sitting there minding her business, celebrating Garcelle's birthday. She didn't conspire to embarrass Sutton. I understand Sutton being embarrassed she forget to bring a gift, but it's really not that big of a deal. Everyone knows she's generous. She could have said "oh my gosh, I forgot to bring my gift for you with me Garcelle! I'll bring it next time." If it were about Garcelle and not her, she wouldn't have ruined the moment. Everyone was having fun. 

I don't think Sutton is a bad person, but her combination of hormones, awkwardness, sensitivity, it's not fun to watch on TV. She is too fragile to be a Real Housewife.

Someone brought up Crystal having "resting smug face," and I could see that. There are instances where she does seem smug, like when she said in a confessional "Sutton is who I thought she was" with this huge smirk on her face. But then many instance she has that exact same expression, so IDK. It's possible she doesn't mean to come across smug at all. My own face looks unhappy unless I'm smiling. 

I wasn't crazy about how Crystal portrayed what was an accident, but she is correct regarding the definition of violate. There are so many things that are violating. For example, someone going through my phone without my permission leaves me feeling violated. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

That recipe may become Rinna's next product on QVC or HSN - whatever shopping channel she was on.  Maybe they'll bottle it and she can sell it on TV!!!  

Something tells me Rinna isn't going to become the next Estee Lauder with her hideous lipstick line.

Rinna appears to no longer be at QVC. All of her clothes are on clearance. 

No more dusters paying for Harry Hamlin's retirement.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I was so busy checking out the fans to keep the bugs away from the platter outside, that I had to go back to see who started up on the peeping Tom thing again.  Kathy is gonna stir that pot all she can, huh?

Yeah - and I thought she was the one who started it last week too.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

eta: And I'm especially baffled at Sutton's not bringing a fit when isn't this the woman who constantly brings gifts for the women for no reason at all, whenever they take trips and stuff? And yet she didn't think to have something when Lisa said she was going to throw a small celebration for Garcelle's birthday?

Right? I bet Garcelle doesn't have that book with Sutton's picture in it!  She needs one.

1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Her best line was when Sutton threw the C word - "What crazy planet are you from?"  "Not yours" 😄. I've had a hard time picking a side in this battle, but if you drag something out long enough . . . IMO Sutton has explained to Crystal on several occasions now about who Sutton is, what hurts Suttons feelings and offends Sutton, how Sutton's growing up has affected Sutton, how Sutton reacts to stress, what Sutton likes and doesn't like, etc.  Crystal is over Sutton.  What she should have said, rather than jealous, was something along the lines of "I'll just remember to lock my door next time since not everyone has the good manners to wait to be invited in."  Heehee

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I really can't take much more of "Fragile Sutton."

Don't you mean Thomasina?   I loved it when Kathy called her that. Of course instead of laughing it off like a normal person with a sense of humor she got all butt hurt all over again. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

I love how Rinna goes on and on about Erika’s “cute” house. I only my wish my “cute” little townhouse* had such a backyard with a cabana and pool! She must be miserable suffering in such a shack. 🙄🙄🙄

* you know, the townhouse I saved up to buy at 40 as a single woman. But I digress! Ugh.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Think Lisa "the hustler" and Harry Hasbeen are attempting to convince people they should have a cooking show.

This makes me sad because I would probably end up watching it.  I find this marriage  fascinating. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

This makes me sad because I would probably end up watching it.  I find this marriage  fascinating. 

I’d be right beside you, friend.

Which makes me question myself! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Well, Sutton made an absolute fool out of herself.  And all because she didn't bring a gift, was embarrassed, and decided to channel that into making Crystal the bad guy/the one who won't let something go and herself the victim.  Like Garcelle said, she was acting more hormonal and emotional than her teenagers.

• Love 16

I got bored tonight and tuned into this episode.

Kyle will always be Kyle but I do like the relationships she has with her "kids" and "toking" Mo.

Kathy and her feigned cluelessness, obviously she taught Paris well, just as big Kathy schooled her girls. Her son is an entitled ass but both Nikki & Paris seen like good people when you scratch below the surface nonsense.

Rinna is truly a hustler and down in the pit dirty and fake as all get out. Harry Hamlin can serve me pasta and a pie/cake and then go to camp out in Canada to his hearts desire.

Erica, although I am conflicted about her (she has always been cold) I can somewhat understand being with an older man for MANY

years and being hushed, shushed and dismissed in private and public (around friends is the most humiliating) and putting on the happy couple tomdefend your relationship/spouse face. But there comes point when you have to wake from the coma, grab yourself by the bootstraps and walk the f out the door even if it is to the totally scary unknown.It will be interesting to see what she knows and is possibly responsible for legally.

Sutton please just stop, we all were able to see that it was just an awkward moment with Crystal and nothing more.

Crystal, no comment.

Dorit is just kinda there but not as annoying this season.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Wicked said:

DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!  The hammer just hit the nail on the head!  Sutton is deflecting attention from the fact that she came to the party giftless.  And I imagine she's feeling left out much like she did when all of the girls were in on Kathy's practical joke on the girls and the reverse joke they played on her.  Everyone there collaborated on gifts or brought their own gift but her.  Crystal's grin when Garcelle opened the gift she went in on set Sutton over the edge big time.  

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

How does Dorit sound more American as PK than she does as Dorit?

I thought the EXACT same thing when she was imitating PK.

Crystal is a stone cold G, I have to give it to her. Sutton was completely deflecting the situation because she had not brought a gift for Garcelle, goes against her all the way properly raised Southern lady image.  The calmer [general] you can remain while the other person falls apart, the better you look.  Hoping that this whole Thomasina storyline gets a rest soon.

Edited by Decider
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

uppity

what is this supposed to mean? As a rich bitch in Beverly Hills why shouldn't she be uppity? No one is responsible for the way Sutton feels. She spun herself into a tizzy because she was embarrassed. What an immature asshole for attacking Crystal for no reason.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I get the impression Crystal is enjoying driving Sutton mental.

Well, I would be enjoying it but it's apparently so easy it's not really even fun. 

I'm trying to remember what part of the Exquisite Manners by Sutton  says if you get embarrassed then make the party all about yourself and embarrass yourself further over something else.  Especially at someone else's home, honoring someone that is not you.  

• Love 19