Star Wars: Visions - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9, originally 10 Episodes (Shorts) , 2 episodes were merged into one
Release date: September 22, 2021    Disney+

Star-Wars-Visions-1.jpg

intro-1623782847.webp

ngcb1

Kamikaze Douga – The Duel
A story in black and white with splashes for color for certain elements — like lightsabers. One Samurai-esque Jedi character and an astromech droid with straw hat, journey towards selflessness and self-sacrifice for the greater good after an emcounter with the Sith.

491aa812c38cad6ecce0d092f193ae8b16253526

87501ed7cbea96d0f76c54ba3cfe344716253526

Geno Studio (Twin Engine) – Lop and Ochō
A story about a space bunny-girl named Lop and her unwavering devotion to goodness, family and loyalty that is tested as she learns to accepting beauty with all its imperfections, during a clash between the beauty of nature and the encroachment of industrialization. The Empire represents the march of technology.

b6b38b8f0889fc589ac6ea1f598a8a5216253527

c9e7d1f850bad2986704c0f6dfec3b4716253527

Studio Colorido (Twin Engine) – Tatooine Rhapsody
It’s a Star Wars rock opera about a band on Tatooine with a dream to make it big and an unexpected friendship. It includes classic Star Wars characters, Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt at the Mos Espa Speedway.

92905d3eea06e272044f587becf4487f16253527

ngcb1

anime-boba-1.jpg

first-look-at-star-wars-visions-the-new-

ep8i6Pf.png

Trigger – The Twins
Two twins, one male and one female, born into the dark side and have who have conjoined star destroyers. How far will a brother go to save his sister.

91f93d663b104f5bf63e779cf6eb1b7416253528

Star-Wars-Visions-Expands-Universe-Into-

star_wars_anime_main-1280x720.jpg

7334c33d135af7eff57d78b103d6e40116253525

intro-1625363394.webp

Trigger – The Elder
Explores the intricate bond between a Master and a Padawan and what transpires when they encounter an unknown enemy. When is a Padawan no longer a Padawan?

ngcb1

ngcb1

E5aCJ_7WYAM7RVI?format=jpg&name=small

ngcb1

E5aCJ_7XMAc227z?format=jpg&name=small

60cd7677b1ef6eb284d5e50427fe9a2616253528

Kinema Citrus – The Village Bride
The Jedi is guardian of peace and justice. What do you have to do in "order" to be a fallen Jedi? The story is seen through the eyes of a bride on the eve of her wedding day. A "fallen Jedi" observes this local tradition in a far-off village and the unexpected choice the bride must make to save her people.

ff685c51de6dff0d86b821b76b29e2bc16253530

Science Saru – Akakiri
A beautiful, yet painful story about a Jedi who meets a princess.

Science Saru – T0-B1
a cute and fun story of an adorable (Astro Boy aesthetic) droid who dreams of becoming a Jedi Knight.

d57e9fff221f4f84279cbd2b4526752816253531

b6d506bebc7a64567aedad5093d08c7016253531

Production IG – The Ninth Jedi
This was originally two shorts that are now combined into one. At a time when tales of the Jedi have become myth, and their legend is the only thing keeping the despair of the darkness that threatens the galaxy at bay. The first short was about a legendary lightsaber-smith's daughter who goes on a quest to deliver her weapons into the eight hands of those worthy to wield them. The second short tells the story of the eight Force sensitive warriors and what it takes to learn to trust each other in order to become the Jedi that can save the galaxy. 
e6b0d211da489f1246aa6630de9aa00316253531

All these descriptions are cobbled together from various sources.

• Love 2

Both Japanese and English versions of the series will be released.

English dub cast:

The Duel: Brian Tee (Ronin), Lucy Liu (Bandit Leader), Jaden Waldman (Village Chief)

Tatooine Rhapsody: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Jay), Bobby Moynihan (Geezer), Temuera Morrison (BobaFett), Shelby Young (K-344), Marc Thompson (Lan)

The Twins: Neil Patrick Harris (Karre), Alison Brie (Am), Jonathan Lipow (B-20N)

The Village Bride: Karen Fukuhara (F), Nichole Sakura (Haru), Christopher Sean (Asu), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Valco), Andrew Kishino (Izuma), Stephanie Sheh (Saku)

The Ninth Jedi: Kimiko Glenn (Kara), Andrew Kishino (Juro), Simu Liu (Zhima), Masi Oka (Ethan), Greg Chun (Roden), Neil Kaplan (Narrator), Michael Sinterniklaas (Hen Jin),

T0-B1: Jaden Waldman (T0-B1), Kyle Chandler (Mitaka)

The Elder: David Harbour (Tajin), Jordan Fisher (Dan), James Hong (The Elder)

Lop & Ocho: Anna Cathcart (Lop), Hiromi Dames (Ocho), Paul Nakauchi (Yasaburo), Kyle McCarley (Imperial Officer)

Akakiri: Henry Golding (Tsubaki), Jamie Chung (Misa), George Takei (Senshuu), Keone Young (Kamahachi), Lorraine Toussaint (Masago)

Japanese dub cast:

The Duel: Masaki Terasoma (Ronin), Akeno Watanabe (Bandit Leader), Yūko Sanpei (VillageChief)

Tatooine Rhapsody: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Jay), Kōusuke Gotō (Geezer), Akio Kaneda (Boba Fett), MasayoFujita (K-344), Anri Katsu (Lan)

The Twins: Junya Enoki (Karre), Ryoko Shiraishi (Am), Tokuyoshi Kawashima (B-20N)

The Village Bride: Asami Seto (F), Megumi Han (Haru), Yūma Uchida (Asu), Takaya Kamikawa(Vaan), Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (Izuma), Mariya Ise (Saku)

The Ninth Jedi: Chinatsu Akasaki(Kara), Tetsuo Kanao (Juro), Shin-ichiro Miki (Zhima), Hiromu Mineta (Ethan), Kazuya Nakai (Roden), Akio Ōtsuka, (Narrator), Daisuke Hirakawa (Hen Jin)

T0-B1: Masako Nozawa (T0-B1), Tsutomu Isobe (Mitaka)

The Elder: Takaya Hashi (Tajin), Kenichi Ogata (The Elder), Yuichi Nakamura (Dan)

Lop & Ocho: Seiran Kobayashi (Lop), Risa Shimizu (Ocho), Tadahisa Fujimura (Yasaburo),Taisuke Nakano (Imperial Officer)

Akakiri: Yū Miyazaki (Tsubaki), Lynn (Misa), Chō (Senshuu), Wataru Takagi (Kamahachi),Yukari Nozawa (Masago)

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1

Watched ‘The Duel’ first. I’m not a big fan of anime but its Star Wars so I thought I would try it. I really liked the Bandit Leader and her device for her lightsaber. I always was surprised we didn’t see more variety of lightsabers considering how creative people are.

Loved the fight between Ronin and her. Is Ronin a sith that goes after other red blades? Or more like Ahsoka, no longer a Jedi and a force welder. Either way, if we get another season, I hope we see him again. 

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 3

FtWmTKLXoAE95zm.jpg

S02.E01: Sith (El Guiri, Spain/Writer-director: Rodrigo Blaas) 
A former Sith apprentice, leading a peaceful, but isolated life, is confronted by the past when her old master tracks her down.
Úrsula Corberó as Lola  (English/Spanish)
Luis Tosar as Sith Master  (English/Spanish)

S02.E02: Screecher's Reach (Cartoon Saloon, Ireland/Director: Paul Young) 
A young girl, seeking reprieve from her days in a rural workhouse, discovers a legendary haunted cave with her friends. The cave’s dark pull will change the trajectory of her life forever.
Alex Connolly as Baython
Angelica Huston as Sith Mother
Eva Whittaker as Daal
Molly McCann as Keena
Niamh Moyles as Ghost
Noah Rafferty as Quinn

S02.E03: In the Stars (Punkrobot, Chile/Writer-director: Gabriel Osorio)
Two sisters, the last of their kind who live in hiding on their ravaged land, squabble about how to survive with the Empire encroaching. On a water run, the sisters must fight back when they are discovered. 
Amparo Noguera as Officer
Julia Oviedo as Tichina  (English/Spanish)
Kate Kickie as Officer
Valentina Muhr as Koten  (English/Spanish)

S02.E04: I Am Your Mother (Aardman, United Kingdom/Director: Magdalena Osinska)
star-wars-visions-volume-2.jpg

Young pilot Anni, who is embarrassed by her sweet, but clingy mum, must team with her for a madcap family race at the academy. Along the way, their relationship is tested by the elements, their old ship, other racers...and each other!
A Twi'lek mother and daughter competing in the British school tradition known as Sports Day, with Wedge hosting the event.
Bebe Cave as Julan Van Reeple
Charithra Chandran as Annisoukaline Kalfus
Denis Lawson as Wedge Antilles
Daisy Haggard as Dorota Van Reeple 
Maxine Peak as Kalina Kalfus

S02.E05: Journey to the Dark Head (Studio Mir, South Korea/Director: Hyeong Geun Park)
A hopeful mechanic and disillusioned young Jedi team up for a risky and unlikely quest to turn the tide of the galactic war, but dark forces tail them.
English Voice Cast:
Albert Kong as Interpreter / Jedi Master A
Ashley Park as Ara / Young Ara
Daniel Dae Kim as Bichan
Eugene Lee Yang as Toul
Greg Chun as Shopkeeper / Master Leesagum / Training Partner / Padawan
Jonella Landry as Master Duta
Judy Alice Lee as Master Moru / Another Jedi 
Korean Voice Cast:
Choi Soo Min as Master Duta
Chwang Kwang as Interpreter
Jang Ye Na as Ara / Young Ara
Lee Kyung Tae as Toul
Lee So Young as Master Moru / Another Jedi
Lim Chae Heon as Training Partner
Shim Young Woo as Master Leesagum / Shopkeeper
Yun Yong Sik as Bichan

S02.E06: The Spy Dancer (Studio La Cachette, France/Writer-director: Julien Chheng) 
The premier dancer at a famous, Imperial-frequented cabaret uses her unique skill-set to spy for the Rebellion, but the presence of a mysterious officer threatens to derail her mission.
Barber Weber-Scaff as Mee’ma & Additional Voices
Bruce Edward Sheffield
Camille Cottin as Loi’e
Kaycie Chase as Hétis
Lumbert Wilson as Jon
Rudi James Jephcott as The Officer 
Bruce Sherfield as Additional Voices
Taylor Gasman as Additional Voices

S02.E07: The Bandits of Golak (88 Pictures, India/Director: Ishan Shukla)
Fleeing from their village by train and pursued by ferocious Imperial forces, a boy and his force-sensitive younger sister seek refuge in a vibrant and dangerous dhaba.
Lillete Dubey as Rugal
Neeraj Kabi as Inquisitor
Rajeev Raj as Helper
Sonal Kushal as Rani
Sumanto Ray as Conductor, Jangori Leader and Dhoona
Sahil Vaid as Maghadi and Scavenger
Richard Joel as Scavenger
Aviral Kumar as Stormtrooper
Suraj Sharma as Charuk
Ish Thakkar as Stormtrooper and Alien 
Aaditya Sharma as Stormtrooper and Alien 
Shivani Darbari as Crowd

S02.E08: The Pit (D'ART Shtajio, Japan and Lucasfilm Ltd./Writer-director-executive producer: LeAndre Thomas)
A fearless young prisoner, forced to dig for kyber by the Empire, plans a risky escape for he and his people.
Anika Noni Rose as Eureka / Mother
Cedric Yarbrough as Old Prisoner
David Diggs as Crux
Jordyn Curet as Livy
Steve Blum as Commander
Matthew Wood as Stormtroopers

S02.E09: Aau's Song (Triggerfish, South Africa/Writer-directors: Nadia Darries and Daniel Clarke)
An alien child who longs to sing is raised by her loving, but stern father to stay quiet because of the calamitous effect her voice has on the crystals in the nearby mines.
Cynthia Erivo as Kratu
Dineo Du Toti as Aau (singing)
Faith Baloyi as Attu
Mpilo Jantjie as Aau (dialogue)
Tumisho Masha as Abat

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1

S02.E01: Sith 
FugW_-dWIAgvfy0?format=jpg&name=large
Can you use the force to create art?
FvDP_z7XsAInPyO?format=jpg&name=large
230202_elguiri_final_marketing_stills_1.
el-guiri.png
S02.E02: Screecher's Reach
FvHFQV4aQAEwqF9?format=jpg&name=large
StarWarsVisionsVolume2-4.webp
Screechers-Reach_maketing_stills_1.14.1.
Cartoon-Saloon.png
S02.E03: In the Stars 
FvCNEPWacAECiHZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409
StarWarsVisionsVolume2-8.webp
FvAYra5XsAA0cY6?format=png&name=900x900
Punkrobot.jpg
S02.E04: I Am Your Mother 
StarWarsVisionsVolume2-5.webpScreen+Shot+2023-04-11+at+8.47.03+AM.jpg
Star-Wars-Visions-Vol-2-I-Am-Your-Motherstar-wars-visions-season-volume-2-aardma
S02.E05: Journey to the Dark Head 
Fu0WWtraYAEFMkQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409
Studio-Mir.png
S02.E06: The Spy Dancer
FvJl_QpWAAEjXH-?format=jpg&name=large
final_marketing_stills_230201_1.36.1.jpg
final_marketing_stills_230201_1.10.1.jpg
StarWarsVisionsVolume2-7.webp
S02.E07: The Bandits of Golak 
FvI2zF1WADImWQd?format=jpg&name=4096x409
88-Pictures.png
S02.E08: The Pit 
Fuum5GoakAEaNSg?format=jpg&name=large
Fuum5GoaUAA1wwc?format=jpg&name=large
Fuum5GnaUAIgnGj?format=jpg&name=large
Fuum5GlaYAAdZpx?format=jpg&name=large
S02.E09: Aau's Song
FvHgqcNXoAYg2Cd?format=jpg&name=large
331cab3b7322e1f7f5302529aba2fa59.jpg?qua
Triggerfish.png

• Like 1

Season 2 is an interesting batch of stories- I liked the diversity in both animation style and cultural origins.  Season 1 was great for showing the breadth and depth of anime- but it was really interesting to see the various perspectives at work.  For favorites I’ll start with the Aardman short for being unapologetically humorous.  The French studio essentially putting on Space Cabaret felt very apropos.  Sith was the most visually striking piece- the mix of full color characters with the painted effects, and the sometimes sketch style backgrounds all came together beautifully.  I also really enjoyed the visual style of Aau’s Song- the characters almost looked fuzzy at times, like they were made from felt.

I don’t think any short was necessarily “bad”- although I guess Screechers Reach is my de facto least favorite.  I appreciated the visuals and how genuinely scary it got- but the ending is just so depressing.  From this season, it’s the short I will probably skip on rewatch.  Otherwise, for all the diversity in style throughout the shorts, they did seem to hit on some consistent narrative themes.  We get lots of parental relationships- particularly mothers and daughters.  We see the empire as an occupying or colonizing force - sure this is Star Wars, but it really hits home when the stories are coming from the POV of formerly oppressed peoples.  Painting and music are used as mechanisms for storytelling.  And, children leave home to explore their greater purpose.  Again, this is Star Wars so that’s kind of baked into the premise- but it’s curious to see it played out repeatedly over the course of the season.

New Star Wars: Visions One-Shot Coming from Marvel and Peach Momoko – Exclusive Reveal

Star Wars: Visions returns, this time in Comic Book format, I am not sure how this can be called a one-shot (I am not sure if this is a completely self contained story) when it seems that Marvel clearly realize that this will be a anthology series that will showcase additional Comic Book creators with the title. 

Anywhoo:
sw-visions-peaches-1-cover_09f30b84.jpeg
Star Wars: Visions – Peach Momoko #1 is a Comic Book written and drawn by Peach Momoko, being released by Marvel in November 2023. Centuries after the death of a major Sith Lord, a cult called Ankok has grown around the notorious dark side servant. Tata, leader of the cult, believes she is the rightful successor to this Sith Lord. 
ankok-character-design-tata_0b7c3cc6.jpe
Meanwhile, a girl named Kako and her loyal droid Gel are fated to confront this new evil. 
ankok-character-design-kako-gel_7f64df53

Another character, Popo, follows Kako and Gel on their adventure. 
ankok-character-design---copy-3_4f7fef3e
Peach Momoko said, "I wanted to tell a story about a cult. And I felt within the Star Wars universe, the dark side was something that ties to when a human, or something living, loses itself and then wants to rely on believing something in order to have hope to live, I believe falling to the dark side is nothing to be ashamed of. It could save you. Sometimes the dark side can help defeat your trauma and fear. In the story, Ankok’s belief is that the time when light defeats darkness has ended. It is the time to accept the darkness. And Tata is only using the dark side to help those who need a ‘dark light.’"

The Next Star Wars: Visions One-Shot has been announced, Star Wars: Visions – Takashi Okazaki #1.  This Comic Book will be released on January 3, 2024. It is an expansion on the Star Wars: Visions Season 1 short "The Duel" by Kamikaze Douga and centers on the mysterious Ronin portrayed within.
stwvisions2024001_cover.jpg

• Like 1