Type keyword(s) to search

Reboot vs Original Recipe: Which show has the most wonder?

• Start Topic

Over at RottenTomatoes.com Season 1 gets a 95 percent rating from critics, but only a 47 percent from audience reviews.

If you look at the comments on the negative audience reviews, most are hung up on the fact that the show is not the original show.

"Some things should not be changed!"
"You can not be serious!"
"I probably would not hate this show so much if they had chosen a different name. "
"This series should have been a continuation of the original series and focused on Kevin's new family..."

Audience reviewers who actually watched the show tend to give it good reviews.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_wonder_years_2021/s01

• Love 3

The Wonder Years is a well loved show- and while there is a similar premise, this show could’ve had a different name and people would’ve said “oh it’s like The Wonder Years”.  (Because of the narration) I’m only 5 episodes in and I’m enjoying it. 

• Love 1

Yesterday my mom decided to watch the Wonder Years reboot too. 
She never watched the original but of course knew about it in pop culture. 
But didn’t add her own Hulu profile and then started where I stopped and now messed with my place! 
I told her “don’t you want to start at the beginning?” But for some reason I’m the nit picky one!  

Well she finished in two days, and said she really enjoyed it. She’s been feeling kinda down with a new medicine she’s been on, but that it took her back to some very happy memories of her youth - she’s a peer to Dean’s older brother Bruce. She said she liked the show because it’s important to remember the good times that you had, that it’s so easy to forget the good times. 

• Love 2