Type keyword(s) to search

Battle Of The Brothers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This just started airing on the Food Network.  I didn't know it was previously on Discovery+ so know nothing about.  I tuned in because I like the Volt brothers.  Not sure I like the "pick the weakest member of your team" thing, but I'll keep watching.  I enjoyed it, overall.

4 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

This just started airing on the Food Network.  I didn't know it was previously on Discovery+ so know nothing about.  I tuned in because I like the Volt brothers.  Not sure I like the "pick the weakest member of your team" thing, but I'll keep watching.  I enjoyed it, overall.

Bryan picked the better "team" for sure. They stuck together to eliminate one of Michael's chefs. Michael's team turned on each other as soon as they could. I felt bad for Anthony since Michael dictated the whole dish but Anthony got the criticism. It was interesting to hear what the brothers looked for in picking a chef.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Bryan picked the better "team" for sure. They stuck together to eliminate one of Michael's chefs. Michael's team turned on each other as soon as they could. I felt bad for Anthony since Michael dictated the whole dish but Anthony got the criticism. It was interesting to hear what the brothers looked for in picking a chef.

It was the same for both chef's as the negative comments Larry received were about the conception of the dish and it being "safe" which was totally on Bryan and I'd say a fairly classic knock on Bryan.  I thought for sure Larry's strategy was going to backfire on him and he was going to get eliminated.   I don't like that the winning team still has to send someone to the elimination round.  It seems it should be two people from the loosing team.  I don't I'll watch another episode before I write this off.

The one thing though I found especially interesting was that the prize is to run one of Voltagio's restaurants  - I could have sworn I head most of their restaurants were  closed, closing or bankrupt (and that was pre-pandemic).  If that's not true or they somehow managed to turn it around that's great.

It’s my understanding that this show, like some others, stream on the app first, then run on the network. I like the bros so may keep watching. I like some of B’s team, if by like I mean, look interesting enough to want to see what and how they do. **Waves to Eric**

• Love 1

I thought this show was going to be primarily about the brothers competing with each other, but it appears to be more about recognizing up and coming young chefs and the brothers are really just their mentors.  Not what I was expecting, and I'm a little on overload with cooking competitions about up and coming young chefs right now.  I feel like the Voltaggios were just the hook to get people to watch the show, but I feel like the title is misleading and sort of a "bait and switch".  I'd like to see the two of them compete, perhaps with a team but with the focus on them, not the other chefs.

• Love 1

If anyone watched Stove Tots, Cloyce competed on that show for a couple of years in his very early teens. The show had kids, as young as 8, competing against actual chefs.  He was super poised and extremely talented for one so young. I’m glad to see he’s still still in the field he loved so much back then.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Thought it interesting that the cook on Bryan's team from Asbury Park made her hollandaise both times with whole eggs instead of just the yolks.  Could be why she was having a hard team with it.

I think we have a winner for the dumbest comment ever said by a reality show contestant, on any show, from the girl that got eliminated last night (who I swore I recognized from another FN show): If I hadn't been eliminated, I would have won.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

This show isn't doing it for me. 

I don't care about these cheftestants--I feel more invested with the participants on Chopped after just the little mini-bio at the beginning of the show.

And the gentle, nurturing Volts--really?  Let's all knock back a shot every time one of the brothers murmurs "Nice."

On 8/23/2021 at 6:41 AM, cameron said:

Thought it interesting that the cook on Bryan's team from Asbury Park made her hollandaise both times with whole eggs instead of just the yolks.  Could be why she was having a hard team with it.

You mean the one who claimed to have worked the egg station?  She must have been the dish washer for the station. 

• LOL 1
On 8/23/2021 at 4:04 PM, LexieLily said:

I think we have a winner for the dumbest comment ever said by a reality show contestant, on any show, from the girl that got eliminated last night (who I swore I recognized from another FN show): If I hadn't been eliminated, I would have won.

Was it Khai (sp)?  I couldn't bear to watch to the end so I don't know who lost, but I swear I've seen her on something else.

• Useful 1