Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, BlueBear2008 said:

Grace Sells (from season 4)

Mandy Correa (from season 5)...also loved Lauren Gibler. 

Ashley Paige (over Morgan and Kaitlyn in season 8)

I think Tessa would have made it in season 8 if she did not get injured. She was roommates with Jessica, and they liked her look. 

Courtney and Taylor (from season 10)

Amy and Kyndall (from season 11)

Taryn (from season 12)

Dayton (from season 13)

One veteran cut I will never understand is Carmen Butler from season 3. She was a 2nd group leader in season 2 and going into her fourth year. 

Also Alexandra, who tried out 5yrs and they showed during the friday nite after show getting fitted for her uniform, shud have made it just for her tenacity.  Still not quite sure why they keep highlighting women they’ve cut. 

• Love 5

Since this didn't happen in episodes 1-4 - let me ask here..

Since they are in the stadium , why not use the opportunity to teach the entrance sooner ? Granted its a little early to block for the triangle as cuts need to be made (I forgot how many more), but it seems like a perfect opportunity to teach a part that seems to be so hard for the new TCCs to learn and rushed at the last minute every season, taught by Judy screaming " 1,2 3 LINE".... also there are the 1 year vets who didn't enter the field last season who probably need a refresher..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Next to Jada in the kick line? My internet was glitching if there was a better shot. She’s not a shortie butttttt it was a noticeable difference. 

Amy was shown on the Jumbotron but I’m not sure. 

I may be wrong but on Haley’s story. It looks like Kelcey is next to Rachel and Amy is behind Kelcey. So Ashlee is out? 

https://instagram.com/stories/haleyanderson93/2681643263472977884?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Since this didn't happen in episodes 1-4 - let me ask here..

Since they are in the stadium , why not use the opportunity to teach the entrance sooner ? Granted its a little early to block for the triangle as cuts need to be made (I forgot how many more), but it seems like a perfect opportunity to teach a part that seems to be so hard for the new TCCs to learn and rushed at the last minute every season, taught by Judy screaming " 1,2 3 LINE".... also there are the 1 year vets who didn't enter the field last season who probably need a refresher..

I think they didn't know how they were going to enter the field yet last July with the Covid restrictions and changes still in the process of being made. Are they not entering from the side this year? Not their usual tunnel?

• Love 1

Well, Friday's show was really good in terms of what was happening. I actually really liked the dance Denise created (she's sometimes hit or miss for me) and the girls all seemed to have fun with the dance even if a few had some wobbles.

I also loved the uniform fittings as we usually get some fun moments out of that. I really like Tori's story about being a Jr. DCC and she looked adorable in the photo of her in the little uniform. And I also loved hearing Madeline talking about her mom (in a way that didn't feel like bragging about her legacy status) and how she got emotional. She looks a lot like her mom in her smile & eyes.

I will say its strange how even though the shorts are custom fit to each girl, we still get some who don't seem complete coverage on their booty or they look small in the crotch on others. I was trying to recall if it was ever said on the show that the shorts have to be a uniform length for all of the girls, but given how their sizes and body shapes vary, an exact same length on all of them isn't really possible.

Gotta say my two favorite rookies in the episodes were Kleine and Madeline S. Their dancing was just amazing and their smiles & expressions were fabulous. I was happy that Madeline got noticed by another guest choreographer and Kleine's dance moves during the freestyle sections were on fire.

When it came to the office visits, I felt so bad for Cailey. She seemed like a really nice, thoughtful & talented girl and if it wasn't for her injury, I think she would have made the team. Kelli & Judy seemed to like her, but they had a good point that the dancing wasn't going to get easier on her body. As for Ava, her immaturity was really showing. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way when, instead of answering Kelli's question about her motivation for being there right away, Ava giggled and asked if she was being cut. She really didn't seem to grasp the seriousness of the situation & showed she cared more about her status in TC then answering Kelli's question.

Of course the giggling can be chalked up to being nervous laughter, but it easily could have made the situation worse if Kelli & Judy took it as her being disrespectful. While she is an amazing dancer, I think it's her maturity level that is probably what gets her let go from TC. It kind of reminds me a little of the Holly Powell situation in that they were both incredible dancers who couldn't quite grasp the importance of behaving appropriately when you represent an organization like DCC. But perhaps she will audition again next year after doing a bit of growing up.

There is something that really confuses me about Lea and I think its that we know nothing about her. It's so weird because usually when there's a great dancer that Kelli, Judy and guest choreographers really like, we've heard something about them or have heard them speak by now. Kleine, Ava & Madeline have all done talking head segments or had their backstories told, but we've heard nothing about Lea. Even when she's getting praised by Kelli & Judy during rehearsal, we haven't gotten so much as a "thank you ma'am" from her.

I fully expected to see her & Kelli talking during the uniform fitting and while they showed her there, we didn't see the conversation. Even with dancers that we know don't make the squad like Melanie & Kya we've at least learned something about them. It's just very strange because the whole point of the show is to get to know the rookies, but they've given us nothing to make us care about her. I mean, is she bright & bubbly? No clue. Reserved yet intelligent? Couldn't tell you to save my life. Just saying if you want me to get invested in her, ya gotta give me something.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

As for Ava, her immaturity was really showing. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way when, instead of answering Kelli's question about her motivation for being there right away, Ava giggled and asked if she was being cut. She really didn't seem to grasp the seriousness of the situation & showed she cared more about her status in TC then answering Kelli's question.

I have watched this episode twice. Ava's "am I cut?" giggle with fingers over her mouth looks like it was spliced out of order with editing. It was all for the effect.  She probably asked this question as the meeting was wrapping up to clarify her status. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

Can the rookies still opt out of being featured?  Maybe Lea did so if it was an option, @Bellisima08. I know I would! But a lot of these gals like the promotional opportunities like being an affiliate if they’re better known, so I imagine not many choose that option. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sATL said:

There going to be talking about this game for a while... they are showing the details of the fight that broke out...

LOL. Thought you were talking about the DCC. 

😂😂😂

• LOL 16
8 hours ago, BlueBear2008 said:

Ashley Paige (over Morgan and Kaitlyn in season 8)

One veteran cut I will never understand is Carmen Butler from season 3. She was a 2nd group leader in season 2 and going into her fourth year. 

The Ashley Paige situation still baffles me. They said she was stiff, but they brought her back into training camp. If the problem was her style, which remained the same, why bring her back? If she wasn't as bad as they made her out to be, what was the real reason for her cut(s)?

Okay. I wish someone had the tea about Carmen's situation. In season 2, they loved her sexy walk across the room, too. Her body still looked lithe season 3 and she went on to dance for the Mavs that year, so what really happened? She looked devastated and in disbelief when they cut her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Lona said:

LOL. Thought you were talking about the DCC. 

😂😂😂

LOL can you imagine!!! Kelli and Judy would have a fit. I'd pay to see that in all honesty 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

The Ashley Paige situation still baffles me. They said she was stiff, but they brought her back into training camp. If the problem was her style, which remained the same, why bring her back? If she wasn't as bad as they made her out to be, what was the real reason for her cut(s)?

Okay. I wish someone had the tea about Carmen's situation. In season 2, they loved her sexy walk across the room, too. Her body still looked lithe season 3 and she went on to dance for the Mavs that year, so what really happened? She looked devastated and in disbelief when they cut her.

Ashley Paige was only in training camp once, as far as I remember.  She was in final auditions a few years after that, but didn't make camp that year.

My opinion on Season 3's bloodbath of veteran cuts - I think they were so enamored with the young, fresh faces trying out (Sydney, Jordan C., Joanna, Kelsey, and of course Cassie) that they saw the veterans as more replaceable than ever.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, EvergreenLove said:

Ashley Paige was only in training camp once, as far as I remember.  She was in final auditions a few years after that, but didn't make camp that year.

She came back the next year but went by Ashley Pro

2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

She came back the next year but went by Ashley Pro

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Ashley Paige and Ashley Pro r 2 different girls. 

In Season 8, they were still using middle names.  "Ashley Michelle" from Sn 8 was also "Ashley Pro" from Sn 9.

Ashley's.jpg

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

In Season 8, they were still using middle names.  "Ashley Michelle" from Sn 8 was also "Ashley Pro" from Sn 9.

Ashley's.jpg

Rite, but the original poster was talking about Ashley Paige

25 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Rite, but the original poster was talking about Ashley Paige

I think it was because the OP suggested Ashley Paige came into training camp twice. They were just pointing out that -Paige and -Pro are different girls and that only -Pro was in TC twice 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Holly85 said:

And kelcey took Ashlee spot 

12 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I hope Ashlee isn’t injured 😭

11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She seems to be there just not in thunder 

Was it Ashlee who had to dance for their life last year? And had their hip taped up? I can’t remember. 

Does anyone know if the rookie who didn’t do thunder the first couple of games and Maddie covered is back in?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Was it Ashlee who had to dance for their life last year? And had their hip taped up? I can’t remember. 

Does anyone know if the rookie who didn’t do thunder the first couple of games and Maddie covered is back in?

This is was Briana who was in the dance off last year! 

Yes, I think she only missed doing Thunder for one game! 

• Love 2
On 10/3/2021 at 10:01 PM, MegzClarkie said:

From the look of some of the videos and pics I’ve seen of today’s game it looks like a couple of the girls weren’t at the game! 

This link shows a pic of Lexie’s group with 7 girls on the sideline and a blonde again down… believe Tyra (not Elli) is missing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUkwYAMJ_5T/?utm_medium=copy_link

I think Ashlee got injured at the last game hence why there was only 8 in Lexie’s group (which I previously thought was Elli then Tyra as per above) for the rest of the game. 

This is pregame for yesterday’s game and you can see that Kelcey is in Ashley’s spot and Amy in Kelcey’s 

I hope she is okay soon! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

I think Ashlee got injured at the last game hence why there was only 8 in Lexie’s group (which I previously thought was Elli then Tyra as per above) for the rest of the game. 

This is pregame for yesterday’s game and you can see that Kelcey is in Ashley’s spot and Amy in Kelcey’s 

I hope she is okay soon! 

Jada is so FIRE on the 50-yard line.  She is KILLING it this season!

• Love 12
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

Next to Jada in the kick line? My internet was glitching if there was a better shot. She’s not a shortie butttttt it was a noticeable difference. 

That’s Jessica next to Jada. Jessica is tall but because Jada is so tall I think the height difference would be noticeable with her next to anyone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

This is pregame for yesterday’s game

Thanks for that!

I must say Judy has whupped those girls into a fine team.  I am proud of every one of them. I couldn't do what they do for even 30 seconds before saying "wait what's next."  

Amazing girls just amazing!  No snark from me today.

• Love 19
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

Can the rookies still opt out of being featured?  Maybe Lea did so if it was an option, @Bellisima08. I know I would! But a lot of these gals like the promotional opportunities like being an affiliate if they’re better known, so I imagine not many choose that option. 

I feel like the shoe-in rookies are NEVER featured. They like the struggle bus and drama stories too much. Typically whoever ends up triangle and point, showgroup, etc., we don't know anything about them until they're there. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

I hope she is okay soon! 

Thanks for this! 
Say what you will, but I noticed both Kristin and Kat in this. They looked great!
Marisa was on point! And Jada's kicks are phenomenal. 

Was that Madeline M. that was off in the entrance? It's hard to tell if she is right and the others are off around her.

Who is the brunette end point of the triangle, last row? Is it Christina? That person is still struggling a bit. Madeline S. still willowy but has come along way, she will only get better. 

• Love 5
On 10/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, allitator said:

Kyndall is my one that always makes me SO angry that she didn’t make it. If I had the power to make one cut TCC have made it out of all of the seasons, it would be her.

This actually might be a fun game. If you had to choose only one cut TCC to be able to make the team, who would it be?

Lauren G. was not on my original list, but I agree with other posters on this. She was a makeover/glam-up candidate who is an amazing dancer, and she's a perfect example of what the team misses when Kelli and Charlotte don't listen to Judy.

Now, Grace Sells was on my original list and is one of few training camp cuts I truly disliked. In the end, most cuts from training camp, I see clearly why the cuts were made to agree. I thought Grace's figure looked lovely (she was cut for physique), and she was a fabulous performer. One of my favorites in that training camp.

Whoever said Mandy Correa got my other one! Mandy was such a great dancer (even though she didn't get highlighted enough that season IMO) and even Judy said she was one of the power performers. I seriously kept wondering why they didn't just put some lifts in her boots, since the only time her height seemed like a big deal was on the field and especially in the kick line. So, give her a couple inches boost, just like Tom Cruise! 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:26 PM, tteek74 said:

I hope this isn’t OT, but I bought season 16 on Amazon this year( I normally do), and they’ve still not released episode 3. Anyone else having this issue? I’ve never had this type of issue. Not days of waiting. 

I bought mine on iTunes this yea, and while there have been issues in the past, this season's episodes have been available the next morning like clockwork. At least, so far.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:05 PM, Erinbridget said:

Also, I LOVE Tyra

YES! She's one of my favorite rookies and my front runner for ROTY! Her dancing is amazing and she seems so joyful and like one of the most encouraging and supportive teammates.

I like a lot of the rookies so far. I'm really wanting a show introduction to Amber, Rebecca, Megan, and Jensen. We haven't gotten to see much of Jensen at all, but already she's one of my favorite rookies because she reminds me of Heather O with her eyes and hair. Ha! But really, it's true. I'd like an intro to Ashley W, as I'd love to see her come back next year and make it, but I'm more for show emphasis on girls who do make the team than getting us invested in women who get cut. (No regrets on Cailey's segment last week, though!)

I see the Christina-Savannah comparisons some are making, but I think, at this point, Savannah is a much cleaner dancer (even as a rookie). Christina seems a bit out of control a lot of the time. I like her well enough, but I'm not won over by her dancing yet. I am rather curious about her relationship with KayDianna, though. Didn't they just graduate from the same TCU team? I wonder if they are friends. Anyone know? Based on dance and performance, I certainly can see why KayDianna was captain and Christina was not.

I wish they would share more about these dance world connections and communities related to DCC! Just in these first episodes, they could have mentioned Jessica's ties to Melissa (the Emerald Belles kicking coach), Amber's ties to Megan C thru U of M, and KayDianna and Christina coming from the same college team and trying out for the same pro team together. I agree with others, this seems more interesting and pertinent than a lot of the sob stories and family chatter on the show (and I do like seeing the ladies with their families, but I'd like to see the editor be more judicious with those scenes). 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don't know if the opt out is still an option. I haven't heard anything about it in a while, but if Lea did take that option, the show isn't doing that good of a job with it given that she's being mentioned more and being placed more prominently.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Amy?? Also why Kelcey instead of Caroline lol

Exactly!!  I mean I really love Kelcey, but they've been highlighting Caroline all season for her dance power and leadership.... but she still can't be in the triangle?  It's so confusing.

• Love 5