Type keyword(s) to search

Turner And Hooch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I haven’t decided if the homage to Die Hard in episode 2 was cute or too much. But Reginald VelJohnson is always a pleasure to see in anything. Hooch is adorable. I like the snark in the partner as well as X, the “Shaka” guy. Will continue to watch because of dog and lack of much else right now. 

• Love 1

I think what I find most interesting is that both women, right now, seem viable love interests. I was all for Erica until Brooke stepped up and helped Turner wash a skunky Hooch. Now I am torn because I think both women offer something for Turner and they both seem to be good people. It is a nice change of pace to have two good people vying for the person's affection rather than an obvious good guy and bad guy. While I have no doubt that Turner will end up with Erica at the end, it's nice to have a different dynamic between the love interests.

• Love 3

Well that went south fast with Brooke. Instead of two viable love interests, we now have the common trope of the good girl who accepts our male lead just the way he is and the manipulative one who only wants to change him. I like Erica, I do, but I just wanted more conflict, a more believable story than the writers are willing to give us.

That being said, I am still really enjoying this show. Turner is slowly growing on me and I really loved the way he handled the war vet and his dog. He is not ready to be in charge of an investigation just yet but he knows it and is willing to admit it. I am curious about their Dad's investigation and whether or not he was actually murdered while on his stakeout. It may have taken a few episodes to find its groove, but I can finally say I am in for the long haul.

• Love 1

I am really enjoying this show. I love all the characters (especially Scott’s coworkers and Erika), the dogs are adorable, and I like that there is a case every week and the big case that Laura and Scott are working on. It keeps me interested.