Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
peachmangosteen

New Season, New Houseguests Anticipation

22 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Have we seen the Have Not room yet? 

No. Lately they haven't been showing us that pre-show.

We also haven't seen the backyard. There was a rumor awhile ago that they added a spiral staircase and some kind of other room to the backyard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Hell, last season, they didn't even show us on the premiere episode because someone lost the key to the door. Heh.

• Laugh 5

I am excited for this season which means it will suck. I do like Azah and Claire! I am happy we will not have a vegan this year since that got old real fast last season. 

• Laugh 1

I think Claire is my favorite for now. I wish she didn't remind me that much of Dani Donato.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Take the BB knowledge of Dan and shove it into Kaitlyn's body. This is the potential I'm seeing. Someone give Claire a six piece children's puzzle and two minutes to come up with her own eulogy.

giphy.gif

She'd be my favorite player ever if this is how she turns out .

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

We also haven't seen the backyard. There was a rumor awhile ago that they added a spiral staircase and some kind of other room to the backyard.

Every backyard needs a spiral staircase.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

There is a certain type of person it takes to be on camera 24/7.

This is so true. I was thinking about our earlier discussion about why people would allow others in their HOH room all the time, and I realized that the kind of extreme extroverts who want to be on BB probably need very little personal space or privacy. But they're not exactly typical. 

As you say, lots of smart, nice, wonderful candidates are going to be either too awkward on camera, or too overwhelmed by the lack of escape from people and cameras. 

Claire looked amazing to me on paper, but she could crash and burn fast, or the others might just not like her, especially if she can't hide how smart and prepared she is. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

This is so true. I was thinking about our earlier discussion about why people would allow others in their HOH room all the time, and I realized that the kind of extreme extroverts who want to be on BB probably need very little personal space or privacy. But they're not exactly typical. 

As you say, lots of smart, nice, wonderful candidates are going to be either too awkward on camera, or too overwhelmed by the lack of escape from people and cameras. 

Claire looked amazing to me on paper, but she could crash and burn fast, or the others might just not like her, especially if she can't hide how smart and prepared she is. 

I'm an only child and pretty much have just lived alone after moving away from home, aside from a few short-term roommates due to financial necessity. While I truly enjoy getting together with family and friends for holidays or on a vacation, at some point, I just have to disappear for a few hours to a quiet space to basically recharge. Too much stimuli, especially noise, can wear really wear me down, and I'm just not used to being with people 24/7. I went to Disneyland with my best friend a couple of times in the last 10 years and we shared a hotel room both times. I did have fun at the park but, yeah, talk about stimulation overload! I'd stay up way too late back in our room because she goes to sleep around 9:00 and I'd just want to sit over in the opposite corner of the room with one light on to read and/or bask in quiet time for a few hours.

I cannot imagine living in the Big Brother house. There'd be a lot of "Where's Scout??" as I'm hiding out behind a chair or a potted plant. If I were HOH, no one would be hanging out in there for more than a couple of hours a day and definitely not spending the night! 

The other part I would hate the most is just not being able to read. I think they're able to bring in the Bible, though. It's not like I have anything against it but the only reason I'd be bringing one is just to have something--anything--to read. (I've already read the entire thing once, after turning 13 my non-practicing/non-churchgoing/very lapsed Catholic mom still felt it was important for me to know what was in it and gave me a very beautiful one, which we read from every night. I think it took us about a year to finish it!)

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 5

I haven't watched any of the videos so I have no idea how Britini pronounces her name. I'd give her a couple of points if she rhymes it with "martini" but sadly, I'm sure it's just another pathetic yoo-neek spelling of "Britney."

• Laugh 6

36 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm an only child and pretty much have just lived alone after moving away from home, aside from a few short-term roommates due to financial necessity. While I truly enjoy getting together with family and friends for holidays or on a vacation, at some point, I just have to disappear for a few hours to a quiet space to basically recharge.

I am an extrovert (not far end) and even I need my own space to recharge and relax.

My husband, the introvert likes mostly his own space. But COVID even did a number on him without being able to socially interact (I’m high risk, so we were extra cautious).

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I am an extrovert (not far end) and even I need my own space to recharge and relax.

My husband, the introvert likes mostly his own space. But COVID even did a number on him without being able to socially interact (I’m high risk, so we were extra cautious).

Introvert me during first part of pandemic: "Yeah! I've been practicing for this my whole life. No problem!"

Several months later: "Okay, this is too much, even for ME!"

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

30 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

One more sleep. 

It's like Christmas Eve!!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

[Frenchie]'s a super fan who named his baby after Robyn Kass - he never stood a chance with the fandom. The only thing worse would be naming your kid after Grod.

Purely because of where Frenchie is from, I’m probably going to have to do some checking around to find out whether or not we’re related.  Damned if I’m going to type “Frenchie” all summer, though.  Fry, maybe...?

7 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

My eyes have glazed over already listening to Brittany. Sorry, too lazy to check the spelling of her name. 

In my head I’m already calling her Brit - as in, rhymes with grit.

Mind you,  I’m not talking “True Grit” grit; more like beach-sand-in-your-asscrack grit.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I legit didn't know BB was back until I saw it pop up on my DVR. So it's like I traveled through time or some shit. :)

Anyhow, looks like a fine cast, although it is kind of weird how they're casting so many smart people, clearly hoping that they'll gravitate towards each other and they'll naturally form DudeBros/Nerd groups, but that's not how people work, so that's odd (well, the DudeBros will work together, of course, but I mean the nerds. No one seeks out to form a nerd group). 

• Like 5

Also, we should have a competition for which two new HGs are the most likely to get married a decade later, prompting us to say, "Them? Really? Okay, I don't really care, but good for them."

I vote for....Travis and.....Whitney?! I hope that they have as happy as a union in 2031 as World Chocolate Day and Murfreesboro will surely have now. 

• Laugh 7

I'm so excited!  Why do I get my hopes up every year? I know I will be disappointed the very second the first episode concludes and all the usual suspects win the comps to be Captains and HoH, lol.

At least we get Day One live feeds tonight?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I haven't watched any of the videos so I have no idea how Britini pronounces her name. I'd give her a couple of points if she rhymes it with "martini" but sadly, I'm sure it's just another pathetic yoo-neek spelling of "Britney."

Yea, it's just pronounced like 'Britney' unfortunately. I will be calling her Martini.

26 minutes ago, Matteo said:

I'm so excited!  Why do I get my hopes up every year? I know I will be disappointed the very second the first episode concludes and all the usual suspects win the comps to be Captains and HoH, lol.

Seriously! I'm so pumped and excited and yet I know for a fact it'll bomb. Hell, as you said, it'll probably flop before the premiere even ends!

• Like 4

It's weird - normally people are shoving random vowels into places they don't belong when naming their kids and here Britini's (Jesus, that hurt to type) parents were all "Nah, just the 'i' will do." I'd almost rather it was Bryghtanie.

Also how did it get to be premiere day and I'm just now realizing that there are two Dereks and we're still playing a variation of Which Nicole Was It? this season.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Also how did it get to be premiere day and I'm just now realizing that there are two Dereks

I'll be really disappointed if the houseguests don't refer to the two Derek's as Big D and L'il D, haha.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

On 7/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, Melina22 said:

The Dr. Will segments last season were so anticlimactic. Mostly him standing on a balcony in a bathrobe saying a few words. Hopefully we get a little more this season. 

Maybe he'll take off the bathrobe. (ew)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

I'm currently trying to figure out who is going to be the the first HG whose lips I want to staple shut because they are yelling in the DR....

Edited by karriemom · Reason: Apparently I can't spell and I forget words...
  • Laugh 3

4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Maybe he'll take off the bathrobe. (ew)

No, this is good. I'll finally be able to confirm whether Dr. Will is basically a Ken doll at this point. I mean, I don't want to see his junk but I also want to see if he has a lack of junk.

• Laugh 8

That orchid in the bathroom is going to die.

So they took the two exercise bikes from outside and put them in a little room. I have a feeling the backyard will be unavailable most of the time.

Quiz time: what will the feeds show when house guests are off filming something exciting?

a) fish

b) puppies and kittens and an occasional bunny

c) clips from past seasons

d) Jeff interviewing house guests

e) write-in alternative: _________________________________________________

Also what would you like the feeds to show? What would you hate to see?

9 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Quiz time: what will the feeds show when house guests are off filming something exciting?

a) fish

Hopefully not Frankie J Grande

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Hamsterwatch said a few days ago that it’ll be adoptable puppies and kittens again this season.

• Like 3

Thank God. CATFISH is far superior to Timmy's third grade art squiggles.

4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

That orchid in the bathroom is going to die.

So they took the two exercise bikes from outside and put them in a little room. I have a feeling the backyard will be unavailable most of the time.

a) fish

Also what would you like the feeds to show? What would you hate to see?

I'd like to see the actual competitions and would HATE to see Frankie Grande, Evel Dick or Paul!

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Are these hamsters now getting even *more* money? Arrgh. And I'm so late to the party, but we have to go to Paramount+ for feeds? I'm torn on whether I want them, or just want to read this thread obsessively as usual.

I'll miss the premiere tonight because baseball, but I can't wait to watch over the weekend, I'm kinda excited about this season.

30 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

And I'm so late to the party, but we have to go to Paramount+ for feeds?

Yup, it's a rebranded (and expanded) CBS All Access. They added DRM to the feeds so you can't screenshot any longer without some workarounds. 5 hours and 20 minutes until feeds start.

• Like 1

Y’all, I keep looking at the clock, willing for this season to just start already! I have a few HGs I pre-like, but don’t want to jinx it. And as always, am super bummed I have to work tomorrow and can’t stay up to an insane hour tonight to find out how long it takes for me to hate some of these people. 

I will see y’all on the other side, in the live threads feed. My over/under of when @peachmangosteen says she hates every single person in the house is 4 days. I’m being optimistic. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7