Type keyword(s) to search

BB Anticipation: New Season, New Houseguests

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I am an extrovert (not far end) and even I need my own space to recharge and relax.

My husband, the introvert likes mostly his own space. But COVID even did a number on him without being able to socially interact (I’m high risk, so we were extra cautious).

Introvert me during first part of pandemic: "Yeah! I've been practicing for this my whole life. No problem!"

Several months later: "Okay, this is too much, even for ME!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

[Frenchie]'s a super fan who named his baby after Robyn Kass - he never stood a chance with the fandom. The only thing worse would be naming your kid after Grod.

Purely because of where Frenchie is from, I’m probably going to have to do some checking around to find out whether or not we’re related.  Damned if I’m going to type “Frenchie” all summer, though.  Fry, maybe...?

7 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

My eyes have glazed over already listening to Brittany. Sorry, too lazy to check the spelling of her name. 

In my head I’m already calling her Brit - as in, rhymes with grit.

Mind you,  I’m not talking “True Grit” grit; more like beach-sand-in-your-asscrack grit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I legit didn't know BB was back until I saw it pop up on my DVR. So it's like I traveled through time or some shit. :)

Anyhow, looks like a fine cast, although it is kind of weird how they're casting so many smart people, clearly hoping that they'll gravitate towards each other and they'll naturally form DudeBros/Nerd groups, but that's not how people work, so that's odd (well, the DudeBros will work together, of course, but I mean the nerds. No one seeks out to form a nerd group). 

• Love 5

Also, we should have a competition for which two new HGs are the most likely to get married a decade later, prompting us to say, "Them? Really? Okay, I don't really care, but good for them."

I vote for....Travis and.....Whitney?! I hope that they have as happy as a union in 2031 as World Chocolate Day and Murfreesboro will surely have now. 

• LOL 7

I'm so excited!  Why do I get my hopes up every year? I know I will be disappointed the very second the first episode concludes and all the usual suspects win the comps to be Captains and HoH, lol.

At least we get Day One live feeds tonight?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I haven't watched any of the videos so I have no idea how Britini pronounces her name. I'd give her a couple of points if she rhymes it with "martini" but sadly, I'm sure it's just another pathetic yoo-neek spelling of "Britney."

Yea, it's just pronounced like 'Britney' unfortunately. I will be calling her Martini.

26 minutes ago, Matteo said:

I'm so excited!  Why do I get my hopes up every year? I know I will be disappointed the very second the first episode concludes and all the usual suspects win the comps to be Captains and HoH, lol.

Seriously! I'm so pumped and excited and yet I know for a fact it'll bomb. Hell, as you said, it'll probably flop before the premiere even ends!

• Love 4

It's weird - normally people are shoving random vowels into places they don't belong when naming their kids and here Britini's (Jesus, that hurt to type) parents were all "Nah, just the 'i' will do." I'd almost rather it was Bryghtanie.

Also how did it get to be premiere day and I'm just now realizing that there are two Dereks and we're still playing a variation of Which Nicole Was It? this season.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Also how did it get to be premiere day and I'm just now realizing that there are two Dereks

I'll be really disappointed if the houseguests don't refer to the two Derek's as Big D and L'il D, haha.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 7/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, Melina22 said:

The Dr. Will segments last season were so anticlimactic. Mostly him standing on a balcony in a bathrobe saying a few words. Hopefully we get a little more this season. 

Maybe he'll take off the bathrobe. (ew)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm currently trying to figure out who is going to be the the first HG whose lips I want to staple shut because they are yelling in the DR....

Edited by karriemom
Apparently I can't spell and I forget words...
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Maybe he'll take off the bathrobe. (ew)

No, this is good. I'll finally be able to confirm whether Dr. Will is basically a Ken doll at this point. I mean, I don't want to see his junk but I also want to see if he has a lack of junk.

• LOL 8

That orchid in the bathroom is going to die.

So they took the two exercise bikes from outside and put them in a little room. I have a feeling the backyard will be unavailable most of the time.

Quiz time: what will the feeds show when house guests are off filming something exciting?

a) fish

b) puppies and kittens and an occasional bunny

c) clips from past seasons

d) Jeff interviewing house guests

e) write-in alternative: _________________________________________________

Also what would you like the feeds to show? What would you hate to see?

9 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Quiz time: what will the feeds show when house guests are off filming something exciting?

a) fish

Hopefully not Frankie J Grande

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

That orchid in the bathroom is going to die.

So they took the two exercise bikes from outside and put them in a little room. I have a feeling the backyard will be unavailable most of the time.

a) fish

Also what would you like the feeds to show? What would you hate to see?

I'd like to see the actual competitions and would HATE to see Frankie Grande, Evel Dick or Paul!

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Are these hamsters now getting even *more* money? Arrgh. And I'm so late to the party, but we have to go to Paramount+ for feeds? I'm torn on whether I want them, or just want to read this thread obsessively as usual.

I'll miss the premiere tonight because baseball, but I can't wait to watch over the weekend, I'm kinda excited about this season.

30 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

And I'm so late to the party, but we have to go to Paramount+ for feeds?

Yup, it's a rebranded (and expanded) CBS All Access. They added DRM to the feeds so you can't screenshot any longer without some workarounds. 5 hours and 20 minutes until feeds start.

• Love 1

Y’all, I keep looking at the clock, willing for this season to just start already! I have a few HGs I pre-like, but don’t want to jinx it. And as always, am super bummed I have to work tomorrow and can’t stay up to an insane hour tonight to find out how long it takes for me to hate some of these people. 

I will see y’all on the other side, in the live threads feed. My over/under of when @peachmangosteen says she hates every single person in the house is 4 days. I’m being optimistic. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Any rumors on what the theme for the house is going to be this year?

I haven't seen any rumors about anything, which seems odd. I feel like there's usually a bunch of baseless rumors going around by this point.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

This is the first appealing thing the show has done in ages.

That last week has always been a killer. I don’t even think the Final HG like it either. I’ve never understood why they stretch it to the last week. It’s so boring and by then people are spent. Just end it a week or even two early. I’m looking forward to next week to finally get some casting rumors. Confirmed and Unconfirmed. LOL!!!!

• Love 3

That's only three days shorter than the last two seasons. Which could've stood to be cut by seven to ten, IMO. OTOH, after a decade of seasons edging up toward triple digits, including 18, 20, and 21 hitting 99, at least we're headed in the right direction. 

99 days of goddamn Jackson, y'all. However bad things get this time, I'll try to keep that factoid in mind.

• Love 6

I hope the cast reveal is Wednesday but I think it's more likely Thursday like last season. Or honestly maybe not until like Friday or even Monday since they had the issues last season with Christy being announced and then having to be bounced. 

(edited)

Ok, I am back once again for this summer's shit-show.

I know, I know, I said I was done but old habits are hard to break.

Plus... r/bigbrother is SUPER slow this time which I find very curious.

Edited by xKHANx
  • Love 3

I actually prefer more days and I think the final three being in the house for longer waiting for the finale is boring for them and the feeds but it's better because they get more tired and anxious and there are more conversations and deals being made so on finale night they have reached their limit and we have amazing performances and more bitter betrayals.

The casting announcement is on triple lockdown. Jeez! This better be a good cast or I might not……who am  kidding. I’m still gonna watch but let’s get this shit show started already.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

It's better that they delay the cast reveal in order to avoid leaks and bad things (mostly on twitter). Either way there will be a live premiere so I don't care to meet them since they are not in the house yet. I hope the podcasters have time to make their predictions shows though.

1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

It's better that they delay the cast reveal in order to avoid leaks and bad things (mostly on twitter). 

I mean, the internet will find out what horrible things people have said on Twitter no matter what day they're revealed lol. But yea, this way, if it's something really bad the show can be like well they're already in the house nothing we can do about it now.

I think it's probably more about the Christy situation though tbh. This way, if someone gets a late Covid test, we'll never even know they were cast in the first place.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2022 at 5:35 PM, Alice Mudgarden said:

It'd be amazing if the theme was Motel Hell.

I can not describe how much I love this post. And now all I can picture for the cast reveal is Julie walking through a field of buried bodies and pulling the cloth bags off their heads, one by one.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6