Type keyword(s) to search

BB Anticipation: New Season, New Houseguests

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m thinking the most likely scenario is someone testing positive for Covid tbh. Or maybe just some kind of family emergency. TPTB never do thorough background checks and have never cared about it before so why start now lol.

I think that Jackson Jackhole video talking about his condition at sequester time could possibly be making them more cautious than normal now.

• Useful 1

Ok, I did a little more digging on Claire. Someone on Twitter found her REAL quick, and I actually have a mutual friend who actually knows her. She's an "AI Technical Architect", which seems to just mean she's a coder (which is cool, at least it's not another aspiring influencer). And she also co-founded a Live Reality Game, Survivor Michigan. So she's played fan-made games such as Survivor, which is how my mutual friend knows her. So she is at least a Survivor fan, so...somewhat in the realm. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Wasn't Christie the annual vegan? Because I'm okay with missing that character type this year. Tyler's suffering and Dani's whining last year should suffice for, like, three seasons of militant vegans.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Wasn't Christie the annual vegan? Because I'm okay with missing that character type this year. Tyler's suffering and Dani's whining last year should suffice for, like, three seasons of militant vegans.

Yes, she was the vegan of the cast.  Though, for all we know, her replacement might also be a vegan, in addition to, apparently, being a super-fan.  Word on hamsterwatch is that she follows at least one BB feed-bot, so it sounds like she could be a feedster.  

• Love 1

Just yesterday I was thinking about the actress from Celebrity BB and how she refused to eat the vegan cupcakes another houseguest had made specially for her because they had 10 molecules of sugar in them or something. I can't remember her name now but I remember thinking at the time how tightly wound and humourless she was, and how eating a less rigid diet might relax her a little. 

• Love 1

I live a couple towns away from where Christian is from. It's your basic historic, rural, rich person's town in Connecticut. That's about I got when it comes to insight!

My only other thought is I am reminded of a TV recapper talking about some reasonably attractive reality guy (I can't remember who) that has a good physique that keeps surprising you when he goes shirtless, because he has a chubby guy's face. Christian kind of has that vibe.

• Love 2
On 6/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, TimWil said:

Call me superficial but I really hope this summer we won’t be subjected to hideous tattoos. OK, I’d prefer that none of them had any tattoos at all but that’s probably asking too much.

Oh, you and me both, brother. Every day, I hope and I pray... that hideous tattoos will be forever banished from TV. Alas, I don't think so. I think horrendous tattoos covering every available limb is the way to go. (I've had to skip entire episodes of certain cooking shows because the tattooed everything was too distracting.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have some hope for a smart girls alliance...Hannah/Sarah/Claire? Three Stem college grads! maybe Britini but I am torn about her, she is either going to be great or annoying, I need to see an interview with her. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Oh, you and me both, brother. Every day, I hope and I pray... that hideous tattoos will be forever banished from TV

Didn't we have this exact conversation on the BBCan thread or did I have it with someone else? It was during a season where almost every houseguest was covered head to toe with a bewildering blur of seemingly random tattoos. (I exaggerate but most of them had full sleeves, chest, legs, everything covered. It got tiresome.)

I know lots of people love their tattoos, and occasionally I've seen good ones, like Kiefer's on the last BBCan. It was just nice to vent a bit during a season where everyone was covered with mostly bad art and scribbles. Pretty soon I think tattoo-free skin will be the new fashion statement. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Boy, people in this thread that have tattoos are probably feeling excellent reading this right now.

ETA: This BB forum has traditionally been really hard on tattoos and people with addiction problems in their past. It's... interesting.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Boy, people in this thread that have tattoos are probably feeling excellent reading this right now.

You're right. I almost didn't post my thoughts because of that. I almost never do. Then again, it's just my opinion, which I'm totally happy for other people to completely ignore. Tattoo is art, and art is completely personal. No one is right or wrong in what art they love, or hate. 

ETA Two of my daughters have tattoos. It's never caused any tension. They know I'm not a tattoo fan, but they also know I believe everyone has a right to their own choices and opinions. And I'm the first to admit I'm hardly the queen of good taste when it comes to fashion. 😁

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4
(edited)

What bothers me more than an ugly badly placed tattoos, is the ugly shirts that some houseguests wear too often. Like Andy and his cat shirt? I think it was cats.  Matt and his ugly blue sleeveless shirt he always wore etc. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

You're right. I almost didn't post my thoughts because of that. I almost never do. Then again, it's just my opinion, which I'm totally happy for other people to completely ignore. Tattoo is art, and art is completely personal. No one is right or wrong in what art they love, or hate. 

I think it's cool not to like something. I think sometimes people go on at length (myself included!) and just get to a place of being mean about it rather than expressing an opinion. Like, it's cool to hate tattoos. Calling them horrendous or hideous in general is where it gets kinda iffy IMO. (General) You may think that but it doesn't necessarily need to be said that meanly. I might be sensitive to this because I've long considered a tattoo for a five inch scar down my arm that I hate to look at but I might be able to make it into something that I don't mind looking at.

BB21's Nick's tattoo, on the other hand, the Charlize Theron in a headdress or whatever the fuck it was? That is definitely fair game. He probably got it done by the same guy who cut his hair.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Like Andy and his cat shirt? I think it was cats.

Only the very best from the children's clearance section at Target for Andy! He definitely learned the hard way about those packing requirements.

• LOL 3

I just saw that there's a theory that Christian is an alternate replacing some dude named Garrett from before the cast bios even went out so I guess this season is burning through alternates.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I just saw that there's a theory that Christian is an alternate replacing some dude named Garrett from before the cast bios even went out so I guess this season is burning through alternates.

Christian is definitely an alternate. I remember seeing the leaked cast with Garrett instead of Christian. Probably also due to a positive COVID test. And also there's a link going around that shows a jpg that says AltChristian, just like with Claire (someone found AltClaire link as well).

The house looks...decent enough. I actually really like the aesthetic, but the furniture in the HOH room looks uncomfortable.

I definitely am digging Claire with her bio. 

• Love 5

Hate the HoH room, love the living room except for that dumb shin bruising coffee table, closing off the upstairs lounge was a stupid idea and it looks like someone with too much money built a man-cave, and US Weekly is shit for wanting me to give them my email address to see the house because it's all slowly being uploaded onto r/BigBrother anyway so fuck them. Also it's Big Brother, not a Taylor Swift album - do we really need an exclusive from EW on the living room and ET on the upstairs lounge and and and JUST GIVE US JULIE WALKING THROUGH THE HOUSE DAMN IT.

Prediction: that sticky-up piece (so technical!) with the club cutout on coffee table will disappear before the season begins, just like the sand in the bathroom.

• Love 4
Just now, Callaphera said:

Hate the HoH room, love the living room except for that dumb shin bruising coffee table, closing off the upstairs lounge was a stupid idea and it looks like someone with too much money built a man-cave, and US Weekly is shit for wanting me to give them my email address to see the house because it's all slowly being uploaded onto r/BigBrother anyway so fuck them. Also it's Big Brother, not a Taylor Swift album - do we really need an exclusive from EW on the living room and ET on the upstairs lounge and and and JUST GIVE US JULIE WALKING THROUGH THE HOUSE DAMN IT.

Prediction: that sticky-up piece (so technical!) with the club cutout on coffee table will disappear before the season begins, just like the sand in the bathroom.

Yeah, the upstairs lounge looks really dumb now. I actually liked the more open concept between the floors and now it just feels so...isolating and dark.

HOH is decent enough for me except for the furniture. The living room area looks super comfortable. I can't wait to see the new area in the backyard.

• Love 3

"This season we're calling it, 'No Risk, No Reward,' and we have twists that we have never done before, starting with the premiere. Opening night we're going to establish it at the beginning of the live premiere episode and I’m going to present an offer that he or she cannot refuse. I mean, they can refuse, but if you don't want to win, then don't take risks and don't come into the house," longtime host Julie Chen Moonves teased to ET's Kevin Frazier. "In 20-plus years of doing Big Brother, we have never made an offer like this before. I can't reveal what it is, but you will find out."

What, did they rename Fan Favourite Battle of the Block? Mashed it up with the Roadkill comp to make the RoadBlock comp? I should stop giving them ideas.

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, the upstairs lounge looks really dumb now. I actually liked the more open concept between the floors and now it just feels so...isolating and dark.

It was great because it was a spy spot for both upstairs and downstairs. Now it's... a poker room in a house where they don't get playing cards until the last two weeks of the game. With bonus offensive lighting!

• Love 2

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/big-brother-season-23-house-spa-photos/

THERE'S NO SAND. 

But I guess there's no real hanging out in the bathroom anymore, not unless you want to be sitting two to a lounge chair and then sitting in the other two high chairs.

Also, I'm trying to figure out where the gym room is, because it doesn't quite look like the upstairs room in that hallway, but it could just be bad angles of the pictures.

*OH. That's where the lounge used to be, just outside the bathroom. That's...interesting.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

My only snark about Claire...  Novels are, by their very definition, FICTION.  You don't read non-fiction NOVELS.  

Where are the pics to the rest of the house?  I only saw the HOH and HOH bathroom pics...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Where are the pics to the rest of the house?  I only saw the HOH and HOH bathroom pics...

They're coming out in different articles. From what I see, there's no one link to the entire house.

Speaking of more house tour links:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/big-brother/2021-house-bedrooms-video-photos/

Nope. Nope to all the bedrooms. I hate it. The open bedroom with the beds on platforms would 100% cause me to trip whenever I got in or out of it. And the four beds facing each other? Nope, I LOATHE the feeling of someone watching me. I'd be requesting the Yacht room immediately, even though the colour scheme is unappealing to me.

• Love 4
(edited)

I like the sensory overload HOH room, but that poker room is claustrophobia inducing.

I'm really liking Claire so far. She'll either dominate or be out night 1. My main pre-season wish is to just avoid a bro-dude winning the first HOH, and not just Brent and Travis chest bumping from the get go. Though I'm actually optimistic for some different alliances this year.

ETA: Oh, nooooo to those bedrooms. I reallly like my personal space (yeah, I know, BB would not be for me) but those beds all in such close proximity to each other would drive me crazy. Nope. But I wouldn't like sleeping under those masts either. 

I love the descriptions though. The HGs will feel like they're sleeping in a "shimmering tide pool." Will they?

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The beginnings of videos of the houseguests:

Thoughts:

• Oops, they still included poor Christie in the video. It's a shame; she seems like she would have been great to watch.
  • Britini talks a lot. Oh boy.
  • Derek X feels like he may be steamrolled over and used until he's tossed away. 
  • Brent is gonna be a surprise dark horse in this game, I think
  • Xavier is great
  • Frenchie mixed up season 16 and who took who to the end lol
  • All the people who say they won't throw a competition....LMAO.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

My only snark about Claire...  Novels are, by their very definition, FICTION.  You don't read non-fiction NOVELS.  

I was coming here to say exactly this!! Great minds. 

That said, Claire sounds fantastic!  Why on earth was she just an alternate? Too smart? What a great bio.

Poor Christie, though, must be utterly devastated. I can't imagine how shattered she must feel, just one test away from her dream. 

All this said, watch me not like Claire at all. I really hope I do though. 

• Love 3

Claire wants an all girls alliance, which...doesn't bode well from her. As we've seen, whoever starts the All Girls Alliance goes very early.

So, unfortunate likely scenario: Claire tries to form an all women's alliance with some of the women. One of them (probably Britini, potentially Sarah or Azah) rat her out to the guys, who vote her out ASAP. 

And I hate that, because I do think she'll be a good gameplayer but if she tries to start an all women's alliance, someone's ratting her out by Day 6. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Didn't we have this exact conversation on the BBCan thread or did I have it with someone else? It was during a season where almost every houseguest was covered head to toe with a bewildering blur of seemingly random tattoos. (I exaggerate but most of them had full sleeves, chest, legs, everything covered. It got tiresome.)

I know lots of people love their tattoos, and occasionally I've seen good ones, like Kiefer's on the last BBCan. It was just nice to vent a bit during a season where everyone was covered with mostly bad art and scribbles. Pretty soon I think tattoo-free skin will be the new fashion statement. 

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

ETA: This BB forum has traditionally been really hard on tattoos and people with addiction problems in their past. It's... interesting.

@Callaphera, my tattoo aversion was never meant to cast doubt or aspersions on anyone else who is covered with tattoos. Just an observation, that multiple tattoos will cause people to change the channel.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Claire wants an all girls alliance, which...doesn't bode well from her. As we've seen, whoever starts the All Girls Alliance goes very early.

So, unfortunate likely scenario: Claire tries to form an all women's alliance with some of the women. One of them (probably Britini, potentially Sarah or Azah) rat her out to the guys, who vote her out ASAP. 

And I hate that, because I do think she'll be a good gameplayer but if she tries to start an all women's alliance, someone's ratting her out by Day 6. 

Very this lol. But I’d put money on Alyssa being the first woman to fuck over an all women alliance.

• Love 4

I think of beachy decor as pastel, light and airy, with lots of natural materials. Some of these rooms would knock the eyes right out of your head. I wouldn't last an hour. Why are they always so cramped and loud? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

After watching that cast interviews video and the seeing the house tour pictures, my only big takeaways are Brent is way more soft-spoken than I thought he'd be, and the beds in the "reef" room seem really awkwardly laid out...like two people are gonna have to climb over the other beds to get to their beds or exit the room. 

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Why do people count out Hannah in the all girls alliance. Maybe it is because my daughter just applied to top STEM programs/IVY/T20 last year that I see Claire and Hannah  as the most similar. UChiago (Hannah) was the most selective T20 college last year, UMich (Claire) was usually the backup choice of many but still a top school in CS. Hannah going to UChicago at 16 and in STEM means she has to be incredibly smart. I honestly did not know how hard it was to get into UChicago until I started seeing people whio got into to Ivy league sad that got rejected from UChiacgo CS with 1600/36 4.0 and stacks of awards. 

Maybe it is because Hannah looks young? and is young.