Type keyword(s) to search

Accused In The Media

• Start Topic

Premieres Sunday, January 22; regular timeslot Tuesdays from 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST

From Emmy Award-winning producer Howard Gordon, the co-creator of landmark television, such as Homeland, and the showrunner of 24, comes Accused - a collection of 15 intense, topical and exquisitely human stories of crime and punishment. Each episode is a fast-paced provocative thriller, exploring a different crime, in a different city, with an entirely original cast. Based on the BBC's BAFTA-winning crime anthology, Accused opens in a courtroom on the defendant, with viewers knowing nothing about their crime or how they ended up on trial. Told from the defendant's point of view through flashbacks, the show holds a mirror up to current times with evocative and emotional stories. In the end, audiences will discover how an ordinary person gets caught up in extraordinary circumstances, and how one impulsive decision can impact the course of that life - and the lives of others -- forever. Developed by Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24) and executive-produced by Gordon, Alex Gansa (Homeland, 24) and David Shore (House, The Good Doctor), Accused once again fearlessly takes on the hottest topics of our time.

• Love 1

15 episodes, with a new cast each week. It starts off in the courtroom and you learn about the crimes through the testimony and flashbacks.

Episode 1 Premiere Date: Sunday, January 22, 2023   8pm   FOX 
Stars Michael Chiklis as Dr. Scott Corbett, Jill Hennessy as Lynn Corbett, his wife, Oakes Fegley as Hunter Corbett, his son, and Robert Wisdom as Dr. Mitch Becker, his neurosurgeon partner.

Episode 2 Premiere Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023  9pm  FOX

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1

I don’t see this happening on the 22nd. My guide has the SF-Dallas game starting at 6:30pm, and post-game at 9:30. TBA in the 2 and 4pm slots. Certainly they wouldn’t premiere a show pre-game? But advertising is still announcing premiere on the 22nd. I really don’t want to miss this because “Alert” turned out to be such a dud!

3 minutes ago, Daff said:

I don’t see this happening on the 22nd. My guide has the SF-Dallas game starting at 6:30pm, and post-game at 9:30. TBA in the 2 and 4pm slots. Certainly they wouldn’t premiere a show pre-game? But advertising is still announcing premiere on the 22nd. I really don’t want to miss this because “Alert” turned out to be such a dud!

I live in Ohio and the "guide" states that Accused comes on at 10pm runs 1 and a half hours.

Excellent preliminary ratings following the game, with the first episode earning a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo and 8.4 million viewers. The real test will be in its regular timeslot on Tuesdays. It's going to inevitably lose viewers after such a big lead-in, but it will either settle in nicely or drop like a stone into awful numbers like "Alert"

• Useful 1

I know someone mentioned this issue in the premiere topic: '‘Accused’: Local Stations Cut Away, Spoiling Ending Of Fox Drama Series’ Premiere'

The stations reportedly cut to local commercial at 10:55:45 PM and returned at 10:58:06 PM. The ad break was supposed to start at 10:58:20, following the sixth and final act of the episode. Instead, it pre-empted 2.5 minutes of action when key revelations about the case were revealed, rejoining the episode for the final 14 seconds.

According to sources, more than a dozen markets were affected, representing at least 8% of the country, including Cleveland, Sacramento, St. Louis, Indianapolis, San Diego, Greensboro, Little Rock, Lexington, Honolulu, Springfield, Ft. Smith, Monroe and Jackson. The Fox affiliates in those markets are owned by Nexstar, and the glitch appears to be a technical issue in that company’s feed. ...

• Useful 1
54 minutes ago, DanaK said:

The article says this, so I doubt the network will want to change much., unless the numbers have significantly fallen since then.

This season's #1 new series and #1 new drama, and from Emmy Award-winning executive producer Howard Gordon, Accused's January 22 premiere registered a 2.5 Live + 35 Day rating and 14.6 multi-platform viewers, making it television's highest-rated drama debut in two years.

Edited by possibilities