Type keyword(s) to search

You, Me, And My Ex - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just started watching. This one's a winner. The ex from NJ sounds just like Lorraine Bracco in "Goodfellas", and Kayee Lovey? Who wants to be "swooned on" and was "enranged"? Is going to be the gift that keeps on giving. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I feel like the entire premise of this show is “watch people watch themselves be emotionally cheated on.” Toxic city. 

Again, this could all be avoided if more people accepted polyamory as a thing. But I’m assuming the women are all straight and the men are just shitty partners in general, so maybe not, lol. 

The guy who almost died of a blood infection… He and first wife said they met 22 years ago and she’s 40… So they started dating when she was 18 and he was 32? And now naturally his new girlfriend is 30 years younger than him and barely older than his sons. The first wife seems really nice and is beyond gorgeous. Of course he had to have a near death experience and she had to get sucked back into his Peter Pan bullshit for the kids. She’s so much more mature than he is and it’s a shame that she still hanging onto the emotional codependency and babying him. She could do so much better. Let’s see how he would react if she started dating a 25-year-old and moved him into the basement. 

The Jersey quartet is just sad and unhealthy, even on this show. He’s been married to his second wife for 18 years, move on! I assumed all of the new partners were going to be relatively new relationships. That’s just kind of embarrassing for the ex-wife. It sounds like she left him after he cheated. The cheating is obviously his fault, but she chose to leave and let him go. She needs to live with that. It sounds like he was very remorseful and tried to reach out to her to get back together multiple times and she ignored him, which is fair enough, but then why be an asshole to the new wife? Talk about possessive. It doesn’t sound like she was the other woman, so first wife was being passive aggressive for no reason. That letter really made me cringe because it’s obvious there’s so many unresolved emotions between them. I would not want to get in the middle of that for any amount of money because everything is an exhausting game of one upping and adolescent flirting. And regrets aside, he obviously wasn’t pining too much if he remarried within what, a year? How awful and childish of them that they are going to ruin their son's 21st birthday with a random divorce reveal that has everything to do with the mom‘s ego and need for attention. She just wants to fuck the ex-husband and he gets off on knowing that he could still have her. They are so messy and I don’t understand why either of their new partners puts up with it, but especially her fiancé. Run dude, you can still get out!

I’m not excited for Alex‘s storyline because it reeks of biphobia. I am deeply uncomfortable with the implication that we are supposed to question if Alex is really into women because he “seems gay,” whatever that means. There’s a lot of unfortunate implications around masculinity happening here. You can’t dictate anyone’s sexuality based on their personality or how they express themselves. Plus, he made a move on her so I’m not sure where they are getting this sad beard narrative. Like the Jersey wife, he seems to have incredibly low self-worth and eagerly lap up any attention the ex-boyfriend gives him because his ego was obviously very damaged by the infidelity and Alex has internalized craving his validation. For what it’s worth though, he doesn’t seem very emotionally invested in either relationship, at least based on the first episode. He kind of seems like a guy that just goes with the flow and jumps in and out of relationships based on convenience. 

I am intrigued by the introduction of the ex-wife who decided to impregnate her new wife with her ex-husband‘s sperm. That seems like the worst idea out of the bunch. And if something inevitably goes sour, which it likely will, you’re stuck coparenting with him for 18 years at least. It’s especially bizarre to me that the new wife agreed to be the one to carry the baby created with the the ex-husband‘s sperm. Even though I’m assuming it’s artificial insemination, that’s still so weird. Surely they could just go to a sperm bank - why would you choose to carry your spouses’ ex-husband’s baby? Not to mention how much that complicates things for his second wife.

• Love 7

The old Peter Pan guy is gross. All he cares about his himself and young poon. The Ex took care of him when he was practically dying and he shows his appreciation by moving in a hot piece that he went on one date with? Jesus take the wheel. That young girl is also dumb as a doorknob and a definite sugar baby….which is fine but this guy has no respect for you if he plunks you in a closet so he can sneak in for sex. Gross.

1 minute ago, For Cereals said:

I had to rewind the neighbor couples a couple of times to figure out the relationships.  Seems like there’s still some anger there…

I am still confused!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Good grief TLC  the man is bisexual…it does NOT mean he is incapable of being faithful or that he might “ turn gay” No….doesn’t work that way. My friend is happily married ( 11 years now) and has 2 kids. She is bisexual but in the end ended up with a male partner. Note it wasn’t a ‘experiment in college’ thing….she lived with a female partner for many years, came out to family who rejected her, was rejected by some friends for being a traitor cuz she started dating a dude. Sexuality is complicated.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
(edited)

This woman with the gay man is just letting herself be used by him while he has some fun in the 'straight world'.  There is such a thing as bisexuality but this isn't it.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

19 years…move on.  The window for closure closed 18.5 years ago.

Right? That is so weird. She seems like a drama Queen who makes everything about her. Let his son enjoy his birthday. She is exhausting.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

This woman with the gay man is just letting herself be used by him while he has some fun in the 'straight world'. 

They both seem to have serious self esteem issues. It won’t turn out well for either of them.  Engaged? No…way too soon. It sounds like she is his first female partner.  He sounds like he doesn’t fully know himself yet. They never broke up? Damn this is a mess. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The old Peter Pan guy is gross. All he cares about his himself and young poon. The Ex took care of him when he was practically dying and he shows his appreciation by moving in a hot piece that he went on one date with? Jesus take the wheel. That young girl is also dumb as a doorknob and a definite sugar baby….which is fine but this guy has no respect for you if he plunks you in a closet so he can sneak in for sex. Gross.

He is so repellent, and the ex is a shit stirrer extraordinaire. I do appreciate Kayee's slaughter of the English language. I'm still chortling over her being "enranged"

Lisa and Jimmy? Charlie and Sabrina from MTV's immortal "I'm Getting Married"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The whole "but they'll always crave penis" claim is such a stale biphobic argument leveled against men and women. Is dick really that mind-blowing (spoiler alert: no) or have we all just internalized sexism? Why are both bi men and women assumed to be secretly obsessed with men and constantly craving dick? This episode really highlighted biphobia in the gay community too. Everyone in Alex's and Caroline's life thinks they can dictate Alex's sexuality based on how he acts, to the point of arguing with him about his plans to propose (which is super fucking weird). I understand (hope) that it's producer driven to give Alex a storyline, but it's already getting tired and obnoxious. How exhausting for Alex to have his sexuality and relationship interrogated in every social setting. Who cares if you think he's gay? He's been with Caroline two years!! Leave them alone! He's an adult, it's not like he's trapped in some lingering high school closet situation. If he says/knows he's attracted to women, he is. Why is this so hard to grasp? 

• Love 8

So is Alex’s ex going to stay in the phone the whole season? 

I can’t tell who is who in the black haired girls/military guys marriages. Also wondering if the other two ex’s tried to hook up. 

• Love 3

Lisa and Jimmy are a little too close. Not sure how his wife and her fiancé put up with it. To be honest I was questioning Lisa's fiancé's sexuality. Lisa seems obviously and shamelessly still in love with Jimmy. I was surprised to learn he's been married to his second wife for so long. She's okay with Lisa's behavior? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The whole "but they'll always crave penis" claim is such a stale biphobic argument leveled against men and women. Is dick really that mind-blowing (spoiler alert: no) or have we all just internalized sexism? Why are both bi men and women assumed to be secretly obsessed with men and constantly craving dick? This episode really highlighted biphobia in the gay community too. Everyone in Alex's and Caroline's life thinks they can dictate Alex's sexuality based on how he acts, to the point of arguing with him about his plans to propose (which is super fucking weird). I understand (hope) that it's producer driven to give Alex a storyline, but it's already getting tired and obnoxious. How exhausting for Alex to have his sexuality and relationship interrogated in every social setting. Who cares if you think he's gay? He's been with Caroline two years!! Leave them alone! He's an adult, it's not like he's trapped in some lingering high school closet situation. If he says/knows he's attracted to women, he is. Why is this so hard to grasp? 

Was it two years? Lol I had drinks so I thought it was only a few months. They both seem a bit insecure and he seems a bit hung up on the Ex…. Not because of the penis thing but because he might still be in love with him. He needs to sever the relationship to fully move on. I don’t see it ending well.
that said my thoughts have nothing to do with his sexuality and being questioned and interrogated by family and friends is extremely harmful. If you claim to be an ally then listen and be an ally…it isn’t about you or what box you think he should fit into. It’s awful.

• Love 3

Also the couple that moved the 20 something in,he seems very much still into his ex wife. I wonder if the 26 year old is just a treat or hall pass for him to get his jollies off. His ex wife seems to have some kind of control. I mean he was going to put his new girl in the closet....even on the couch he's sitting closer to his ex. She's very pretty. But I just think this couple are still very much not done with each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Kornfan said:

Also the couple that moved the 20 something in,he seems very much still into his ex wife. I wonder if the 26 year old is just a treat or hall pass for him to get his jollies off. His ex wife seems to have some kind of control. I mean he was going to put his new girl in the closet....even on the couch he's sitting closer to his ex. She's very pretty. But I just think this couple are still very much not done with each other.

I mean, their story line MUST be fake, right?  Seems so put on for the cameras.  No chemistry there. 

• Useful 2
On 6/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, For Cereals said:

I had to rewind the neighbor couples a couple of times to figure out the relationships.  Seems like there’s still some anger there…

LOL, ya think? 

The neighbors who are married to each other's exes make me actively uncomfortable. Sure you can be friendly with an ex but this is too much. I really dislike the proprietary tone the wives take when it comes to their former husbands. What is the point of this? You've made your choices. Move. On. 

22 hours ago, Kornfan said:

That guy is a dick, full stop. He moved his little twinkie in solely to get a rise from the ex. He doesn't seem to care one iota for Kay's feelings or comfort. (he's going to keep her in a closet and try to sneak out to have sex with her? Seriously?) He's letting the ex wife call all the shots. He is a sleaze ball. 

• Love 10

This ad was posted on craigslist today, with the title, "ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH YOUR EX? CASTING WITH MAJOR TV NETWORK…$$$.  Compensation is, "Paid Flat Fee Plus Perks and Incentives."  Who here is going to take one for team?

YOU, ME & MY EX (Casting Nationwide) 
Are you FRIENDS with your EX AND currently in a committed relationship? Despite your romantic history do you and your ex still spend time together, talk, visit and play an active role in each other’s lives?  Are outsiders, family members or significant others confused or frustrated by your incredibly close friendship with your ex? 

Romantic relationships can drift apart but that doesn’t mean that you can’t still be friends!  If you have a close-relationship with someone that you used to be romantically involved with (or you know someone that does!) we want to hear from you.  This is an opportunity to share your story, get PAID and star in a groundbreaking television series!

If interested, please email extvseriescasting@gmail.com and be sure to include your name, contact information (phone & email) city/state where you live and a brief bio about your situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

A big THANK YOU for this post!

highest 5

• Love 2

So I may have prejudged the quartet where the ex-wife is inseminating her new wife with the ex-husband. They seem…borderline wholesome and like the healthiest of the group? I assumed the ex-wife would be pushing her ex-husband has a donor, but it just seems like they are all a big group of friends, weirdly enough. While I could’ve done without the incessant references to the husband being an insatiable fuck machine (and the fresh semen shot), they all seem very kind and self-aware. I particularly liked the ex-wife taking responsibility for her role in the marriage failing due to her partying. Just a nice, mature group of people. I bet it will be fun for the kids of all three couples growing up together. Strange, sure, but they all seem happy.

Neighbor clone swap confuses me because I can’t tell any of them apart, particularly the new husband and ex-husband.  The two wives looked like twins in the bath. The ex-wife should just go for the other one's ex-husband. It amuses me that the ex-wives are best friends now. I guess good for them for burying the hatchet and promoting healthy coparenting, but I found the highly homoerotic photo shoot bizarre.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

Im sorry but Miss. Kayee Lovey (sp), needs to go. She clearly was expecting to go into a queen bee situation. And her screeching and griping is working my last nerve.

I agree.  I had to turn the volume down.  
The female couple trying to get pregnant by manually injecting sperm.  I mean…..this whole show seems like a crock. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 3
(edited)

Kill Bill was funny...Alex’s dad looks so young.  Alex’s sister needs Google-how is it she thinks that anything non-hetero all falls under homosexuality?

Edited by For Cereals
  • Useful 1
On 7/13/2021 at 8:04 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

Im sorry but Miss. Kayee Lovey (sp), needs to go. She clearly was expecting to go into a queen bee situation. And her screeching and griping is working my last nerve.

She really thinks she is something. The Ex seems like a quiet introverted person who has a low threshold for attention whores. This is not a good situation. 

15 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The Ex seems like a quiet introverted person who has a low threshold for attention whores. 

An adult...who has raised this man’s children and nursed him back to health only to be rewarded with a slap in the face by moving in the child from the Sunglass Hut who would otherwise be entertaining and probably fun as hell to hang out with in small doses but not now.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, For Cereals said:

An adult...who has raised this man’s children and nursed him back to health only to be rewarded with a slap in the face by moving in the child from the Sunglass Hut who would otherwise be entertaining and probably fun as hell to hang out with in small doses but not now.

I still don’t understand why moving her in was necessary…it screams of fakery. I am a quiet introverted person and Kayee would drive me nuts after the first five minutes.

• Love 3
(edited)

This show is full of fakery.

I’m  glad the neighbor clones get along and can co-parent, but April strikes me as really selfish.  When she met the ex, she was seeing someone else, then she hooks up with the neighbor.  There’s a pattern with her and I wonder if it will happen again.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

the military wives: whew. april is a hard 39. i thought the intent of elective cosmetic surgery was to improve appearance. she looks older and worse. i suspect this new husband of hers will be her next ex-husband. she seems to collect those [as well as financial military benefits].

kayee : i can’t tell if she’s actually this dense or if it’s part of her character to fleece men out of money. either way she’s entertaining. that ex-wife, jess, is a piece of work. that fake grin plastered on her long mug (giving very much wicked witch) with the faux concern/helicopter style of parenting.

Wicked-Witch-of-the-West.jpg

girl. all this passive aggressive energy is a lot. she considers anything not her way “toxic”. i’m over her, team kayee. the guy, forget his name, is a total creeper.

the jersey senior citizens bore + exhaust me. beautiful homes tho.

alex + steven + caroline: we all see the writing on the wall here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Caroline really needs to have that mole removed before it becomes cancerous. She seems like a sweet girl and maybe the most real of the bunch.  

I cringe and think the same thing every time I see her. Years ago I had Mohs surgery for a basal cell carcinoma on my chin. It didn't look very bad. But they had to cut a few passes to get all the borders. I really hope she has seen a doctor.

• Love 2

So I am confused with the timeline, Lisa was married to whatever the dude name is, divorced ions ago, then he married Wendy or whatever her name is 14 years ago - so Lisa has been engaged or dating the other guy that long and not married yet? She obviously is still pining over her 1st husband.

I like Caroline, but I just see that this won't end well. Hopefully she gets out of the relationship before kids come into the picture because Daddy has decided he liked the D better.

Kayee, your not funny or cute

April sure thinks she is a great catch huh, can't stop looking at her over inflated upper lip and the chin

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

She really thinks she is something. The Ex seems like a quiet introverted person who has a low threshold for attention whores. This is not a good situation. 

The ex is also a shit-stirring bitch who wants Kayee to know that she is still  "the wife".  The old romeo is getting off on having 2 women fighting over him.  Unless the payday is amazing for Kayee Lovey, she needs to find another old dude to pay her bills. 

21 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I notice Kayee is the only one of the three stating her last name. Bitch is in it for the fame….this whole story is fake

Lovey is not her last name. Kayee is not her first name. It's her stage name. She's an instagram singer, dancer, choreographer looking for exposure. She's definitely in it for the fame. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

The ex is also a shit-stirring bitch who wants Kayee to know that she is still  "the wife".  The old romeo is getting off on having 2 women fighting over him.  Unless the payday is amazing for Kayee Lovey, she needs to find another old dude to pay her bills. 

Lovey is not her last name. Kayee is not her first name. It's her stage name. She's an instagram singer, dancer, choreographer looking for exposure

Yea I figured it was a stage name and I agree she is definitely in it for the fame. And old dude cash. I laughed when he put her in the closet as she likely had the impression she would be living in a mansion. The Ex is a shit stirrer ( I am here for her passive aggressive snark) but I would be pissed too if I had to deal with a screeching Instagram model. I think the whole story is fake but the true villain  in this story is the gross Ex husband. All of these people are awful….except Caroline.

• Love 3
(edited)

19 years!  I’m sure junior DOES NOT CARE. I don’t.

At the very least, Kayee can work her way up to Duty Free and land a rich globetrotter probably buying a last minute gift for his wife.

Edited by For Cereals
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea I figured it was a stage name and I agree she is definitely in it for the fame. And old dude cash. I laughed when he put her in the closet as she likely had the impression she would be living in a mansion. The Ex is a shit stirrer but I would be pissed too if I had to deal with a screeching Instagram model. I think the whole story is fake but the true villain  in this story is the gross husband. All of these people are awful….except Caroline.

You wouldn't be pissed because you wouldn't be enough of a doormat to live in a domestic partnership with an 'ex' and allow him to move a total stranger in with you and your kids.  As for Kayee Lovey, as soon as ex said "I usually have breakfast on his lap", I'd have been on the first thing smoking out of those parts. 

All of these women named Lisa...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

You wouldn't be pissed because you wouldn't be enough of a doormat to live in a domestic partnership with an 'ex' and allow him to move a total stranger in with you and your kids.  As for Kayee Lovey, as soon as ex said "I usually have breakfast on his lap", I'd have been on the first thing smoking out of those parts. 

Why thank you and yes that is true! If I were Miss Lovey I would have run for the hills as soon as a saw the closet. I laughed at the breakfast comment….she acts all Yogi but is quite the bitch.

what is with the tiny cups at the wine and cheese party that mommy dearest is throwing?

Lisa “ I never talked about this stuff.” Ummm that is all you talk about.  Does the second wife really need to hear about this 19 year old letter? It won’t be a secret anymore after the show airs.

Kayee “ I’m not going to look like a fool.” You already do. You did the second you saw the sleeping arrangements and didn’t leave,

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I notice Kayee is the only one of the three stating her last name. Bitch is in it for the fame….this whole story is fake

Did she wear her ugly captian hook boots into the bath tub too? Dont think she ever takes them off!🙄

• LOL 4