Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: After Hours

• Start Topic

When Billy forces Spencer and Frausto to get on the same page, the night takes an interesting turn when they run into Jordan and Asher. Olivia is excited to hang out with Layla for some much-needed bonding, but the night doesn't go as Olivia had planned. Laura needs some work advice and turns to Grace for some insight, but they both get more than they bargained for. Meanwhile, Billy finds himself in an unusual situation as he takes a walk down memory lane.

Airdate: 06/21/2021

Even though I watched summer shows back in the day, I guess I'm totally not used to that anymore, because I completely forgot this was on until like 9:30.  Fortunately I have it on a series recording.  I figured it would mostly be filler (because it was the last episode filmed according to the production code, like more episodes were ordered and they needed to stretch things out).  It was good though.  Maybe it's because I'm their age, but I liked the stuff with the adults the best, especially the ladies.  I also liked that they found an excuse for Taye Diggs to sing, and the bonding stuff with Billy and Carter was good.  I hope they won't go on like it never happened in the future.  It was funny when Carter insisted his mom wanted him to dress like the "cool" version of Urkel and I knew what he meant, even though I didn't watch that much Family Matters.  I probably read about it in TV Guide.  Grace was hilarious, especially when she was thinking Spencer and Dillon plot against her (and she hadn't even that much to drink by that point).  I wonder if they'll show her date with Carter.  I hope Jaclyn Smith's character will come back, as I can imagine her prying about Billy and Laura and figuring out that something happened.

The only thing I didn't like was all the Carrie crap.  It seems like something that I've seen over and over, especially on the show I always mention, and while I understand Layla having sympathy for her, she should also be able to see how annoying and manipulative she is. 

It was clearly headed for that anyway, but after the comments at the end, they have to have Beverly play South Crenshaw in the championship.  I'm sure Jordan will play, but I wonder if Spencer knowing he shouldn't be will impact the way he approaches the game (like if he has to hit him or something).

• Love 1
On 6/22/2021 at 6:03 AM, KWalkerInc said:

The only thing I didn't like was all the Carrie crap.  It seems like something that I've seen over and over, especially on the show I always mention, and while I understand Layla having sympathy for her, she should also be able to see how annoying and manipulative she is. 

I MEAN.  It is such a trope that halfway through I was hoping that Carrie would turn out to be Mother Teresa or something just so it wouldn’t be like every other time we have seen this on a TV show.

Drunk Billy is the best Billy.  Almost as good was Hiding Behind the Curtains Billy.

• Love 1