Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E04: Young Guns Going Big

• Start Topic

The chefs are challenged to make brunch for 60 hungry Caesars Palace employees, fresh off the night shift. Later, one chef takes the fall during the use of a punishment pass, earning the respect of both teams, and dinner service leads some chefs to crack under the pressure.

Airdate: 06/21/2021

I can understand Steve using the punishment pass due to the type of reward it was. The blue team is a disaster but Steve and Trenton look quite skilled. Antonio was irritating but a bit less than last episode, I think that Alex was not ready but Victoria was more deserving of elimination.

The team swap seemed quite big, but the blue side has been so bad so I understand it. I am not surprised that Brynn was switched out by GR.

• Love 1

I had the show on as background noise and when I looked up, the men's team was sitting at a table chatting.  I had to shake my head when I noticed a small Venus de Milo looking statue in the center of the table, and the censors had decided that the ceramic boobs and vagoo needed to be blurred out.   Yeesh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I had the show on as background noise and when I looked up, the men's team was sitting at a table chatting.  I had to shake my head when I noticed a small Venus de Milo looking statue in the center of the table, and the censors had decided that the ceramic boobs and vagoo needed to be blurred out.   Yeesh.

I noticed that as well and was shaking my head. 

The guy who got eliminated was cute, but dumb as a box of rocks, and about as useful as well, heh .

• Love 1

I kinda like Brynn, so I am a little afraid that she's burning out. Also, a little afraid that her team was targeting her when she definitely didn't deserve to be at risk. 

If I were Steven, I don't know if I would have burned the punishment pass so soon. I am not too impressed with what was likely a 2 hour roundtrip in the jet, a luxury suite and some decent but nothing exceptional food, plus a chance to flirt solo with the women. contestants. I think I would save it for a truly heinous or painful punishment, and doing a lot of baking was a pretty mild one.

Did we manage to get through a whole episode without Antonio saying "bounce back"? Miracles never cease! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Alex was so happy in his statement after being kicked off.  LOL.  So damn cute.  

I've been to the Grand Canyon and I think I'm scared of private planes and small planes in general, so I think I'd be okay with missing out.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Did we manage to get through a whole episode without Antonio saying "bounce back"? Miracles never cease! 

I didn’t hear Antonio say it, but someone in the red kitchen did.  It’s spreading!

Brynn seems super confident sometimes and then freaking out other times and I wonder if that’s just a lot for the rest of the team to take.

Happy with the team swap, it’s almost like back in the olden days.  

12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

The guy who got eliminated was cute, but dumb as a box of rocks, and about as useful as well, heh .

Nothing like asking for a breather during the first entree of the night.

Something that might be a HK first: Ramsay actually showing someone how to do their job: not the cooking part, but the "You need to walk over here and see what's at the pass, then walk back over here and tell the other guy what you need. Stand in this position, facing him, so he can see and hear you." part, which might be attributable to the ages of the contestants. A professional chef in their 30s wouldn't need that level of instruction, but someone fresh out of High School might.

This might be the biggest shake-up ever (five people total exchanging sides), but neither team was working well together during the dinner service. The blue team in particular has been a train wreck all season.

• Love 1

I still don't understand why it has to always start out as men versus women.  Why couldn't they just pull numbered tokens out of a bag, and all the "odd" numbers are on one team, and the "evens" are on the other team?

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I still don't understand why it has to always start out as men versus women.  Why couldn't they just pull numbered tokens out of a bag, and all the "odd" numbers are on one team, and the "evens" are on the other team?

In the early season when we're being asked to keep track of a lot of people we've never heard of before, keeping the teams gender-segregated makes it easy for the audience. A woman screws up? She's on the Red team. A guy screws up? Too bad for the Blue team. 

• Useful 2

It says something about the male team that instead of just shoving one of the girls overs (virtually guaranteeing that the guys bond by hating her) Gordan actually split the teams into almost half in order to not have it be a male team rout. 

Looking at the previews for next week, a previously somewhat quiet male realizes he's on the girl team and decides he's now the alpha and his penis will rule them all. I'd be less cynical if the suddenly mouthy guy was a male chef head and shoulders above the others but he's not Steve so....

• Love 5

Okay I hope Sam gets the boot next week. Arrogant sonofabitch. He’s been on the LOSING team since day one; gets switched to the red team that has competent cooks and, who have won each challenge.

He can take a gazillion seats and STFU.

Alex really proved himself to be delusional as well as someone who can’t cook. How do these people make it through?

• Love 3
14 hours ago, mojoween said:

Happy with the team swap, it’s almost like back in the olden days.  

We got two more HK classic callbacks - Alex is the first official "donut" of the season (I think in several seasons actually), and someone else got slammed for not using a non-stick pan.  Ah, the memories...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1