Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pallas

The Royals

We were watching Wimbledon today, and after the match they showed Will and the Duke of Kent chatting with the winner. Even my husband noticed the Windsor-ing of Will. I guess when you’ve got generations of inbreeding, it’s hard to overcome. 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Kate is at Wimbledon today:

E581H_AXsA8bp-R?format=jpg&name=medium

I love the dress.  The shoes are a disappointment.   

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I love the dress.  The shoes are a disappointment.   

White pumps are so ugly. They're so 80s. And they make women with naturally large feet like Kate look like Bigfoot.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, irisheyes said:

We were watching Wimbledon today, and after the match they showed Will and the Duke of Kent chatting with the winner. Even my husband noticed the Windsor-ing of Will. I guess when you’ve got generations of inbreeding, it’s hard to overcome. 😂

The late Princess of Wales was a many times great-grandchild of Charles II via a nonmarital union and he was at best a 1st cousin once removed of George I (the Hanoverian progenitor of the Windsors via Victoria ) that hardly made her and the Prince of Wales 'kissing cousins'. 

• Useful 1

53 minutes ago, Blergh said:

The late Princess of Wales was a many times great-grandchild of Charles II via a nonmarital union and he was at best a 1st cousin once removed of George I (the Hanoverian progenitor of the Windsors via Victoria ) that hardly made her and the Prince of Wales 'kissing cousins'. 

I’m assuming the inbreeding talk is entirely about the Windsor side of the family. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

19 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I guess I'm alone in not finding William unattractive. In my eyes, if he still had hair, he would just look like an older version of his younger self.

Edited by lurkerbee
  • Like 9

Kate is taking over Wimbledon duties from the Duke of Kent.

OMG. If I married into the BRF, this is the one I’d want. I’d be quietly lobbying and taking on icky duties just to be reward with WIMBLEDON. Tiaras, fashion and TENNIS. The perks of being a royal.

She’s there today with her dad (and Wimbledon CEA, Scott Lloyd) , they went to the wheelchair final and she’s there for the rest of the day, I think.

Doing the wave.

45302597-9777513-image-a-58_162600628019

I love the drape of this skirt, and I’ve decided to wear more pink myself because #FuckThePatriarchy. I look good in pink. Not as good as Kate. I love these shoes too.

45300649-9777513-Kate_Middleton_looked_t

That thicker heel will be better on the Center Court grass. White is a Wimbledon thing, so I can’t hate, even if it make her feet look huge. I would love it if she wore white kicks. She has great legs.

Also I’m team ABN for the Men’s.

Wills will be at the UEFA today. (Is it coming home?) I’d love it if George went with him. 

(Doing a second post for the non-Brits.)

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Dani said:

I’m assuming the inbreeding talk is entirely about the Windsor side of the family. 

Yeah, the infusion of Spencer genes were never going to overcome the strength of the Windsor ones.  

I don't think William's unattractive.  It's just amazing that how much he has taken on the Windsor look in middle age when he looked SO much like his mother when he was younger.  And, his resemblance to the Duke of Kent was pretty noticeable.  

Edited by irisheyes
  • Like 14

I'm not joking when I say this is the best look(minus the mask) I've seen Kate in a while. She does casual so well and I love her hair swept to the side like that.

kate-middleton.thumb.jpg.cf096b80288716e3d8058996c4cc3174.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 9

Nothing new in Morocco that I can find, other than Princess Lalla is still not out in public. It’s what? Four years now?

Elisabeth of Belgium (Crown Princess) is finishing her military training and I love this.

Felipe is looking good in this suit, and I love Letizia’s top, but those pants…the thigh creases…

45191283-9768775-image-a-80_162574531445

The weird hem.

45191293-9768775-image-a-84_162574536845

That’s a no for me. Not even you, Letizia.

I don’t think I really absorbed these gorgeous jewels on Maxima. GIMME.

2021-0707-maxima17.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

That necklace!!

King Jigme of Bhutan trekked across the country for COVID prevention awareness, and also opened a helpline for domestic violence. Bhutan measures it’s success in Gross Domestic Happiness. That’s worth a read. No really good pictures, but, here’s a fabulous older picture of the family.

Bhutan-2-1024x958.jpg?tr=dpr-2,w-675

There is a lot of stuff going on with King Mswati of Swaziland, but I’m all about lightness and fun here. If you want to read up on that, there’s a big push for democracy.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

She’s there today with her dad (and Wimbledon CEA, Scott Lloyd) , they went to the wheelchair final and she’s there for the rest of the day, I think.

I'm glad she went to the wheelchair finals (okay who knew they HAD a wheelchair bracket at Wimbledon?).   They highlighted her attendance and meeting the winners of the singles and doubles on their twitter feed.    It's easy to do the Men's and Women's finals.   Not so easy to do the lesser known events.

As for wearing kicks at Wimbledon, not if she's in the Royal box.   Just like at Ascot there is a dress code.   

• Like 6

I love Kate's pink Wimbleton look (not sure what pink has to do with patriarchy) and while I would not want the duties I am thrilled that she is getting them because I know she is thrilled to have them. I love that Kate is an athletic princess. I do wish she would have had a little strap on her clutch or even a long one to have it on her shoulder. I am not a clutch person.

@VCRTracking I love her casual look in the picture also. Probably not for the same reason as I love it because she makes high rise jeans cool (I unabashedly wear them, and only them, no hip hugger/low rise for this hour glass figure). 

It probably cost thousands but the sheen on Phillip's suit is a tad over my limit. Maybe that means it is several more thousand quality wise than I think? It seems to be maybe a photo issue because it doesn't look as shiny in the second. I also like that he wore brown shoes with the grey (a nod to Letizia's beige/taupe shoes?). It is nice to see brown with grey instead of the usual blue suit with brown shoes combination (on any well dressed man, not just him). He looks fabulous head to toe. 

I love Letizia's white look! Hate the creases but I love the cape top and the design aspect of the curved hem. And again a pocketbook peeve. I dislike when it is a short strap/long strap combination. I always thought the two strap option was that only one was to be used, the longer one removed if you planned to hold the shorter one. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

King Jigme of Bhutan trekked across the country for COVID prevention awareness, and also opened a helpline for domestic violence. Bhutan measures it’s success in Gross Domestic Happiness. That’s worth a read. No really good pictures, but, here’s a fabulous older picture of the family.

This is a great "candid posed" photograph.

Edited by stewedsquash · Reason: had to backspace
  • Like 1

I can't be mad at the thigh creases -- creases happen if you sit down, and they're going to stick around if you sit down long enough.

• Like 9

Does anyone have news on what surgery Princess Charlene had that she is staying so far from home this very long time?    I find it odd.    Does Monaco not have good hospitals?    JMO but I think she's purposely staying away.     

11 minutes ago, MissT said:

Does anyone have news on what surgery Princess Charlene had that she is staying so far from home this very long time?    I find it odd.    Does Monaco not have good hospitals?    JMO but I think she's purposely staying away.     

I also think she's staying away on purpose (I can still remember the "prisoner bride" narrative at the time of their marriage and she's always looked kind of miserable since becoming Princess of Monaco, so I think she's left Albert/fled), but if I recall correctly the story was that she developed an infection while she was in South Africa which has required several surgeries, so going to a hospital in Monaco wasn't an option since she was already out of the country.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

What a great way to measure success, they sure did with this family, those are some really good looking people.

1 hour ago, MissT said:

They had to confiscate her passport to force her to marry Albert, so I think any time she can get & stay away, she does. The recent haircut she got was a pretty good sign that she may have reached the end of her limit.

Edited by GaT · Reason: moved my comment
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

While I wouldn't be surprised if the Princess Consort were to leave the Prince Regnant of Monaco, I do think it's unlikely she has done at this time due to the fact that her twins are with him in his sovereign nation. This  factor would make it next to impossible for her to visit much less get custody of them  thereafter were she using this claim of lengthy infirmity as a step to a new life away from him! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

That’s really interesting. What a great philosophy. 

That necklace Maxima is wearing is fabulous. 

2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I love Kate's pink Wimbleton look (not sure what pink has to do with patriarchy)…

It’s gender coding that reinforces gender stereotypes. 

1 hour ago, Steph J said:

I also think she's staying away on purpose (I can still remember the "prisoner bride" narrative at the time of their marriage and she's always looked kind of miserable since becoming Princess of Monaco, so I think she's left Albert/fled), but if I recall correctly the story was that she developed an infection while she was in South Africa which has required several surgeries, so going to a hospital in Monaco wasn't an option since she was already out of the country.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the medical emergency story is cover for a separation. Based on the photos she recently posted it is hard for me to believe she couldn’t return to Monaco if she wanted. Apparently she hasn’t been seen in Monaco since January following his latest paternity suit. 

• Like 2

It sounds great the Bhutan measures its worth in National Happiness, but that's what you have to do when you have literally an agrarian economy.   They really don't have much else to measure.   Not that industrialization is all that great, but if you practically no economy, you can't really measure a GDP.   So let's be realistic, how happy are people who are subsistence farmers?    

As for Charlene, I'm not buying that an INFECTION has made her so sick she can't travel home.   Yes she's had surgeries, but she can't get a medical plane to fly her home?    I think the kids and Albert have flown to visit her.   Maybe surrending her kids to Albert is the deal she struck to be separated (they will never divorce, Catholic and all).    The kids will visit her in South Africa but she doesn't have to go to Monaco and do Royal Duties anymore.  After all the succession is secured by having a boy.   She doesn't have to do anything more.

• Useful 3

1 hour ago, Dani said:

That’s really interesting. What a great philosophy. 

That necklace Maxima is wearing is fabulous. 

It’s gender coding that reinforces gender stereotypes. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the medical emergency story is cover for a separation. Based on the photos she recently posted it is hard for me to believe she couldn’t return to Monaco if she wanted. Apparently she hasn’t been seen in Monaco since January following his latest paternity suit. 

It amazes me that, former Belgian king aside, all the other European royals have managed to either not have children outside their marriages or managed to shell out enough money to keep it quiet, but Albert has had so many paternity suits filed against him that his wikipedia page has an actual list of claimants.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

It amazes me that Albert is that much of a love machine.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Ra ra... No, it doesn't rhyme. Not even close.

• Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

While I wouldn't be surprised if the Princess Consort were to leave the Prince Regnant of Monaco, I do think it's unlikely she has done at this time due to the fact that her twins are with him in his sovereign nation. This  factor would make it next to impossible for her to visit much less get custody of them  thereafter were she using this claim of lengthy infirmity as a step to a new life away from him! 

I'd wager she could use the threat of either a tell all book or tell all interview as her trump card in custody negotiations to make sure she gets to see her children regularly, even if she doesn't have custody. If they are separated and working out making things official, she has much less leverage if she's in Monaco/under his control than she does if she's outside the country and beyond his ability to control her movements/what she says. If she knows where some of the proverbial bodies are buried, he might decide it's in his best interest to play fair with her just to keep her from talking.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I don’t think Albert cares that much about a tell-all. What’s she going to say? “He cheated on me, had children with other women, I was coerced into marrying him and was miserable”? That’s all pretty much out there. Albert doesn’t have any shame in him. All a tell-all would do is be an embarrassment for their children. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Money and power are amazing aphrodisiacs.   Of course, I notice he has to be sued by all of them to acknowledge paternity.   Why doesn't he do the right thing and support the kids but get an NDA from the mum?   Makes his life soooooooo much easier.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

53 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It sounds great the Bhutan measures its worth in National Happiness, but that's what you have to do when you have literally an agrarian economy.   They really don't have much else to measure.   Not that industrialization is all that great, but if you practically no economy, you can't really measure a GDP.   So let's be realistic, how happy are people who are subsistence farmers?    

I would say that how good it is depends on what they do with that information. If they use it to strive to make people’s lives better then it is a great thing.

CNN did an interesting story on Bhutan and it is more than it appears from just the name. It is a fascinating read. They don’t sugarcoat it or claim to be the happiest country but have made some real improvements. Their COVID response in particular is impressive as @BlackberryJam mentioned.

"When we say Gross National Happiness, it is not the celebrative 'Ha ha -- Ho ho' kind of happiness that we look for in life," Lotay explained. "It only means contentment, control of your mind, control of wants in your life. Don't be jealous with others, be happy with what you have, be compassionate, be a society where you can be more than happy to share.

"Our king rightly calls Gross National Happiness as development with values," Lotay continues. "If the policy does not have a good amount of happiness index, if the policy is not every environment friendly, if the policy will not be able to ensure that it will result in the well-being of Bhutanese, that policy will never be approved in the country."

“The country may not rank highest in happiness, yet, but it has made major gains. Thousand of kilometers of roads have been constructed and phone lines installed. Run-of-the-river hydroelectricity accounts for the largest share of its economy.

Water flows through tunnels at the site of the Punatsangchhu hydro-electric power project in Wangdue, Bhutan.

The World Bank calls Bhutan a developmental success story, with decreasing levels of extreme poverty and improvements in gender equality, as well as a stable political and economic environment.

"Just over the last three to four decades our life expectancy at birth has increased from near 50 to over 70," said Lotay. "With modernization, with decent access to good health care, more nutritious food and health awareness being better day by day, so many Bhutanese now live longer."

• Like 3
  • Useful 11

I never knew mullet pants were a thing until Letizia wore them.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

On 7/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Kate is at Wimbledon today:

E581H_AXsA8bp-R?format=jpg&name=medium

That dress is so cute! I would wear that in my size. That type of style would look nice on a variety of women for different occasions. The color is amazing.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Money and power are amazing aphrodisiacs.   Of course, I notice he has to be sued by all of them to acknowledge paternity.   Why doesn't he do the right thing and support the kids but get an NDA from the mum?   Makes his life soooooooo much easier.

Yeah its a bad look to have to be sued to acknowledge paternity. It could be that he really just doesnt remember having sex with these women, and thus didnt ask for a DNA test when they told him they were pregnant. Although an NDA would only protect him for so long, once the child was of age they would be free to disclose who their bio father was- they wouldnt be bound by the NDA.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:53 AM, irisheyes said:

I don't think William's unattractive.  It's just amazing that how much he has taken on the Windsor look in middle age when he looked SO much like his mother when he was younger.  And, his resemblance to the Duke of Kent was pretty noticeable.  

I dont think William is "unattractive" either, but I do think he went from a young man who was quite handsome/striking in his teens and early 20s, to "just middle aged guy".

He peaked at 25 in a BIG way, and its not just his lack of hair. Many bald men are very distinguished and sexy with it, I dont see him as one of them. He looks fine, but I dont think he is handsome any more.

• Like 9

It's actually a big deal Kate took her dad to Wimbledon. In the old days when someone married into the royal family they were supposed to say goodbye forever to their own family. 

• Useful 2

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah its a bad look to have to be sued to acknowledge paternity. It could be that he really just doesnt remember having sex with these women, and thus didnt ask for a DNA test when they told him they were pregnant. Although an NDA would only protect him for so long, once the child was of age they would be free to disclose who their bio father was- they wouldnt be bound by the NDA.

I dont think William is "unattractive" either, but I do think he went from a young man who was quite handsome/striking in his teens and early 20s, to "just middle aged guy".

He peaked at 25 in a BIG way, and its not just his lack of hair. Many bald men are very distinguished and sexy with it, I dont see him as one of them. He looks fine, but I dont think he is handsome any more.

He's not the backside of a baboon, and really, if you lop off his head, he has a nice body for a man his age, but dude isn't hot. At all.

A hot royal, CARL PHILIP.

Here he is with baby Julian on his lap, Alexander (middle), Gabriel and wife Sofia.

45347447-9780201-Princess_Sofia_and_Prin

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

On 7/11/2021 at 10:53 AM, irisheyes said:

I don't think William's unattractive.  It's just amazing that how much he has taken on the Windsor look in middle age when he looked SO much like his mother when he was younger. 

39 is middle aged?  Sigh.  I guess it kinda is or at least is edging really close - but still that gave me a shock!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

41 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

39 is middle aged?  Sigh.  I guess it kinda is or at least is edging really close - but still that gave me a shock!

If you live to be 78...39 is the middle, but they have some serious longevity on the Windsor side.

Japanese succession debate continues. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

If you live to be 78...39 is the middle, but they have some serious longevity on the Windsor side.

That's just what I was coming to say...his great-grandmother lived into triple digits, his grandfather was a month shy of triple digits, and his grandmother is well on her way there, as well.  With a few notable exceptions, the Windsors stick around for the long haul.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It's actually a big deal Kate took her dad to Wimbledon. In the old days when someone married into the royal family they were supposed to say goodbye forever to their own family. 

I have not seen that with regards to the British Royal Family.  Yes, brides usually said goodbye to their homeland, but family could visit.  And, that was before travelling became easier.  Barring war and death, the brides who married into the BRF could and did spend time with their family of birth.  The handful who did not were the exception and not the rule.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have not seen that with regards to the British Royal Family.  Yes, brides usually said goodbye to their homeland, but family could visit.  And, that was before travelling became easier.  Barring war and death, the brides who married into the BRF could and did spend time with their family of birth.  The handful who did not were the exception and not the rule.  

There are some royal blogs where there's debates on whether it's okay for Kate to spend time with her own family so much. The more old-fashioned types think it's not okay, that tradition dictates you say goodbye forever to your birth family once you marry into a royal family.

• Surprise 2

Carole and Michael Middleton spend time with George, Charlotte and likely Louis, but with COVID, there aren't a lot of pap shots with him. The Cambridges are reported to do Christmas on alternating years at the Middletons, and did Christmas church with Mike, Carole, James, etc. There are plenty of pap shots of the Middletons with the kids. George and Charlotte were in Pippa's wedding. So that seems to be some old-school thinking.

So Kate attending Wimbledon with her dad seems like small potatoes when you have the future king playing in the sand with Granny Carole.

Here's some Belgie news. Princess Delphine, FINALLY acknowledged as the illegitimate daughter of the former king, will be attending events with the current king, her brother, Philippe. Also, his jacket is a hot mess in this photo. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Being 38, people can get shocked when I use that term for myself. Mathematically speaking and not having the Windsor genes or whatever else keeps them around for a century or so, it sounds right to me. Not a metaphor for older, simply marking roughly the middle point of my life. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

There are some royal blogs where there's debates on whether it's okay for Kate to spend time with her own family so much. The more old-fashioned types think it's not okay, that tradition dictates you say goodbye forever to your birth family once you marry into a royal family.

That’s really not royal tradition though, at least not in their lifetimes. The Queen Mother was still close to her birth family. Her sister is one of The Queen’s godparents and The Queen is godmother to relatives on the that side of her family. Before that cousins married each other so frequently it seems nearly impossible for them to say goodbye to their birth families. 

• Like 5

With a few notable exceptions, the Windsors stick around for the long haul.  

So the deal they made with the devil was long lives in exchange for being Windsored?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 15

1 minute ago, Dani said:

That’s really not royal tradition though, at least not in their lifetimes. The Queen Mother was still close to her birth family. Her sister is one of The Queen’s godparents and The Queen is godmother to relatives on the that side of her family. Before that cousins married each other so frequently it seems nearly impossible for them to say goodbye to their birth families. 

The logic I am getting is that it looks like "social climbing" for Kate to spend time with her non-royal family. Very old-fashioned thinking obviously but as I said, some royal blogs want all royal women to look like this:

7467_b31f339a-6572-4a08-ba44-d16ecd8ad6c

Seeing William, Kate, and George so crestfallen at the Euro finals made them seem realer than ... idk, anything else. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The logic I am getting is that it looks like "social climbing" for Kate to spend time with her non-royal family. Very old-fashioned thinking obviously but as I said, some royal blogs want all royal women to look like this:

I understand what your saying but my point is that it has zero basis in reality. It’s not old fashioned thinking but a fantasy. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

7467_b31f339a-6572-4a08-ba44-d16ecd8ad6c

Seeing William, Kate, and George so crestfallen at the Euro finals made them seem realer than ... idk, anything else. 

Like Alix, Alexandra of Denmark, the queen consort of Edward VII?  She definitely did not leave and cleave.  She still travelled and visited her siblings throughout Europe and also hosted them after her marriage.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Like Alix, Alexandra of Denmark, the queen consort of Edward VII?  She definitely did not leave and cleave.  She still travelled and visited her siblings throughout Europe and also hosted them after her marriage.  

She also had a marriage that wasn't very happy, and she relied on her siblings and extended family for support. 

1 hour ago, AnnMarie17 said:

With a few notable exceptions, the Windsors stick around for the long haul.  

Windsor Pros and Cons:

Pros:   You will live a long time

Cons:   You will live it after being Windsored.

• Laugh 13

57 minutes ago, Dani said:

I understand what your saying but my point is that it has zero basis in reality. It’s not old fashioned thinking but a fantasy. 

Yeah, there's a big difference between what bloggers think the royal family are like and what they actually are like. I think the bloggers/certain fanbase expect them to be characters in some old timey play rather than actual human beings who just live a very unique reality. Maybe Henry VIII expected his wives to forsake their families, but that was a while ago and even the royal family changes. 

I like seeing that Kate, and through her, her children, are close with her family and I'm sure Liz and the Windors are just fine with it. It's not like she's not doing her royal duties, or doing anything that might embarrass the family. (now, if her and Pippa were hanging out together in male strip clubs, shoving pound notes down oiled up strippers' briefs, I think the Family might intervene, but taking her dad to a tennis match is sweet.)

I feel like the Royals, like many celebs actually, tend to get a worse wrap than deserved because of their so called fan base. Not the whole fan base mind you, just the zealots who feel entitled to speak for the person/people they are fans of. They're not perfect, but they also aren't the way some bloggers or even so called "insiders" claim they are either. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

19 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I think the bloggers/certain fanbase expect them to be characters in some old timey play rather than actual human beings who just live a very unique reality.

Well the Earl Spencer famously said when he raised the Spencer Standard upon the birth of William "that the family tends to get pushed to the side when marrying Royals."   It was considered odd that he made a big deal out of William's birth.   Because all the hoopla should have been centered on Buckingham Palace.

However, it is NOT old timey that the family got ignored.   In fact, marrying into the Royal Family was considered a GOOD THING because then you got all kinds of perks.   When Edward IV died, his brothers in law, and stepson got put on the Regency Council, until his younger brother went "Oh god, not the Woodvilles" and took over as King.   

There was a reason the Duke of Norfolk schemed to make TWO of his family members Queens of Henry VIII.   Too bad it was the 2 who got beheaded.   Didn't do much for the family fortunes after all.    

WHICH is the real complaint about Kate's "commoner" family.    That they will get perks and such they don't "deserve" just because Kate married Wills.   Hence all the social climbing claims, etc.    

• Like 5

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

WHICH is the real complaint about Kate's "commoner" family.    That they will get perks and such they don't "deserve" just because Kate married Wills.   Hence all the social climbing claims, etc.    

I'm kind of shocked that on royal blogs, after three kids and a 10 year marriage, people STILL hung up that the Middletons are "parvenous." First of all, Carole Middleton made her own money. She didn't need the royal money. Second of all, it's a shocker that the BRF hasn't threaded the needle between constantly marrying your cousins and the horsey "Windsor" look.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Pallas

The rules for posting in this topic can be found in the first post. All posters in The Royals will be held accountable to these rules.