Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pallas

The Royals

5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Sharon Stone's expression looks like "please take the damn picture so he can stop TOUCHING me!"

Yes that’s what I thought! Sharon looks beautiful, and Prince Albert is Albert. 

On 10/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, Rootbeer said:

For those who don't know the details of the scandal surrounding Kei Komuro:  his father committed suicide when he was just 10 years old.  His paternal grandfather, overcome with grief, killed himself a week later.  His paternal grandmother died about a year later, presumably also a suicide.  That left his mother to raise him, she worked in a bakery until a couple years ago.  At some point, she had a boyfriend who helped pay for Kei's education to the tune of about $40,000 during their multi-year relationship.  Once Komuro started dating a Japanese Imperial princess, the disgruntled ex-boyfriend/fiance went to the media and complained that Kei's mother hadn't paid back the 'loans' for her son's education and the press took off on her, claiming she was some sort of gold digger/hoochie mama; plotting and planning to get her son into the royal family.

Kei released a statement saying that he and his mother thought the money was a gift, not a loan (presumably there is no paperwork and this guy never came after them for money until Kei made the gossip columns).  Kei, who graduated from Fordham Law School and is employed at a major firm in NYC has announced that he will personally repay the money.

So, the Japanese public is up in arms because a widow allowed her then-boyfriend to pay for her son's schooling years ago and has decided she is some sort of nefarious black widow, taking advantage of every opportunity to profit.

Yup. Given what I know of people this was not loan. How could the mother afford to pay it back with her salary from the bakery? More likely than not boyfriend wanted this woman to be his girlfriend/companion and she needed her son educated so the relationship was advantageous for both. Likely after her son was an adult and she was older he may have moved onto someone younger. (Or she dumped him because he did not have as much to offer her) Now that her son is engaged to a Princess he is feeling a certain type of way about the money he spent. 

Kei is more than a gentleman to repay the money, but he shouldn’t have to. I don’t believe he agreed to borrow it. But he wants to make things right for his fiancé and mom in the public eye. 

• Like 12

Sharon Stone's expression looks like "please take the damn picture so he can stop TOUCHING me!"

Can you blame her?  She looks like a movie star, he looks like a schlump.  His tux is way too big.  Interesting that his very attractive parents had two attractive daughters and one not so attractive son.  He definitely got the short end of the genetic stick in that family.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Except, she keeps showing up at official events on his arm. I find the whole thing truly bizarre, he's just showing up everywhere with his side piece? Sharon Stone is willing to be a side piece & to do it publicly? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

52 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Can you blame her?  She looks like a movie star, he looks like a schlump.  His tux is way too big.  Interesting that his very attractive parents had two attractive daughters and one not so attractive son.  He definitely got the short end of the genetic stick in that family.

Prince Albert is the “throw back”. (I don’t mean to give the baby back, but that he threw back to another member in the family tree). 

Prince Rainer was FINE (Royal or no) and Grace Kelly was gorgeous. Neither of the daughters are as attractive as they were but nice looking women. It could be that Prince Albert’s parents were the outliers in the beauty department and he resembles the majority of the family members. /shallowbus

44 minutes ago, GaT said:

Except, she keeps showing up at official events on his arm. I find the whole thing truly bizarre, he's just showing up everywhere with his side piece? Sharon Stone is willing to be a side piece & to do it publicly? 

Okay what I missed this- they are together????

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Sharon is received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Monte-Carlo Gala for Planetary Health 2021 and she went to the No Time To Die Premiere with Albert. Apparently they've been friends for a long time.

Here they are in 1992

prince-albert-of-monaco-is-seen-attendin

In 2002

prince-albert-of-monaco-dancing-with-sha

In 2004

sharon-stone-and-prince-albert-of-monaco

In 2008

actress-sharon-stone-sits-next-to-prince

In 2020

Sharon+Stone+Prince+Albert+II+2020+Holly

Maybe they are banging, but maybe they are just two people who've known each other for 30 years. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 3
  • Useful 9

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Okay what I missed this- they are together????

I really have no idea, but the way she's acting is kind of possessive & just seems too close for just friends. Also, she's been his "date" for multiple events. This isn't just my imagination, the only reason I even questioned it is because I saw it pop up on a few gossip sites.

Edited by GaT
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Sharon is received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Monte-Carlo Gala for Planetary Health 2021 and she went to the No Time To Die Premiere with Albert. Apparently they've been friends for a long time.

Here they are in 1992

prince-albert-of-monaco-is-seen-attendin

In 2002

prince-albert-of-monaco-dancing-with-sha

In 2004

sharon-stone-and-prince-albert-of-monaco

In 2008

actress-sharon-stone-sits-next-to-prince

In 2020

Sharon+Stone+Prince+Albert+II+2020+Holly

Maybe they are banging, but maybe they are just two people who've known each other for 30 years. 

3 hours ago, GaT said:

I really have no idea, but the way she's acting is kind of possessive & just seems too close for just friends. Also, she's been his "date" for multiple events. This isn't just my imagination, the only reason I even questioned it is because I saw it pop up on a few gossip sites.

Oh I see thanks. Yeah I thought they were just friends. From those photos I don’t get “we are banging” vibes. But I don’t have any specific knowledge. 

• Like 4

If things weren’t so weird with Charlene, this wouldn’t raise an eyebrow. 

New photo of the unreasonably attractive royals of Bhutan.

image.thumb.jpeg.d0ae29d6ccb2a912acf5f820b4d41a50.jpeg

Just let this woman go in peace.

This feels like a lead up into saying she’s not mentally capable of marrying. I want someone [hey, Maxima] to sneak her out of the country.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Just let this woman go in peace.

This feels like a lead up into saying she’s not mentally capable of marrying. I want someone [hey, Maxima] to sneak her out of the country.

The Imperial Household Agency is probably responsible for giving her the PTSD.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

I had no idea the Sharon Stone/Prince Albert history.

But I feel like I need a palate cleanser so here's Maxima's cute new pup, Mambo:

royal-puppy-z.jpg

• Like 23

Heh. Of course Maxima would have a dog like that.

Kate was out wearing a patterned shoe and I love this combo.

FA7Sq5yWUAA0a7f?format=png&name=900x900

Anne is leaving Paris. She could totally be cast as M in a James Bond film. Here she's just finished reading the riot act to a green agent.

HzwAbf33?format=png&name=900x900

He's pledged his obedience and she's gifted him a tiny upturn of her lips.

Maxima really needs to reconnect with her hairdresser.

• Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Awww, I like her hair like that. And I would wear that dress. I wish I could see her shoes with it.

I am sure they cost a small fortune but I continue to dislike those sunglasses on Anne. They just look too sporty/astronaut-y on her. 

Edited by stewedsquash · Reason: realized Anne's sunglasses still annoy me
  • Like 1

Anne's sunglasses are the Adidas Team GB sunglasses made for the Olympic Team. She has several pair. They aren't for sale. They probably didn't cost a small fortune because they were part of the Olympic swag bags. 

Now because they aren't for sale and were only given to the team, they would probably auction for a pretty penny.

I've seen Maxima in the dress before and she wore I think a maroon shoe.

Max and WAx were at the "royal" wedding over the weekend. Love this dress on her. They are with the bride's (Countess Tatiana's) parents.

FA6moS2XMAILU3U?format=jpg&name=large

That blue pattern is stunning.

I somehow missed these new photos of Victoria wearing a pair of pants that ate four other pair of pants before she put them on. 

FAu5zKoXMAEXdIh?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

I adore Maxima's gown. She looks fantastic.

FA6moS2XMAILU3U?format=jpg&name=large

But the dusty blue gown and cape is a miss for me.

Great color and love the idea of it but she's a tiny woman, drowning in fabric.

• Like 4

A similar blue on Mathilde and I like this one much better.

FA86tziXIAkHSAq?format=jpg&name=large

Love the brooch.

Chaz is usually a fashion sinkhole of similar suits, but this combo with kilt is rather natty and the picture just made me laugh.

FA8uyEqWEAgI90-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3

I usually don't like one shoulder dresses (I have issues with "which side would be bare?" syndrome, ha) but I love that dress on her at the wedding. Maybe the dark blue wrap(?) over the covered shoulder makes a difference for me. The pattern is so pretty and the skirt part drapes so nicely on her. I would love to see her walking. Sorry to the bride's mother but that dress is terrible and her hair looks like she pulled it back haphazardly after getting out of the shower and forgot to style it. 

Matilde looks fabulous. I am going back and forth on if her shoe has a strap(s) or if it is shadows from the podium. I love the pretty bottle of water with a stylish glass beside it. So elegant, the whole set up on the stage. The clear podium showcases her top to bottom.

Oh, yeah about the sunglasses. I think that was explained to me before a few months ago. Oops. I won't forget it now. I do dislike them even more knowing that they were swag. That is if I can remember that I know that, ha. They just annoy me because they don't match ever when she wears them. I guess if she were wearing a ski outfit or something. Bleh, I just hate that style of sunglasses outside of sports/hunting/fishing stuff.

Speaking of walking, I watched a short clip of the Russian bride during the ceremony where she had to walk around in a circle while two attendants held crown hats above the bride and groom and she struggled greatly trying to walk in her dress. It was not a smooth affair at all.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Mathilde was wearing regular pumps. No straps.

Princess Alexandra out and about and LOVE that blue top with the patterned skirt. She looks like a fun grandma.

FBBZNOaUcBcW_DO?format=jpg&name=large

(This was with an organization that handmakes bedding and clothing for charities (shelters), so that explains the table of knits.)

From that lovely idea to this horrific story.

A jewelry palate cleanser. The Duchess of Windsor's ruby bangle is going up for auction. I kind of love it.

2021-1002-windsor06.jpg?w=900&ssl=1

So I mean...if someone wants to buy it for me...

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

On 10/5/2021 at 8:02 AM, BlackberryJam said:

Anne is leaving Paris. She could totally be cast as M in a James Bond film. Here she's just finished reading the riot act to a green agent.

HzwAbf33?format=png&name=900x900

He's pledged his obedience and she's gifted him a tiny upturn of her lips.

With the angle of the photo and the shadows on his face, the man to whom she is speaking looks to me like a young Daniel Craig.  We need this movie!

• Like 11

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Oh...wait...no, it's not.

It's just QEII, sporting a lot of orange.

a69c8405c57284649509822aea2f489c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

If that color were available in the stores here I would snatch it up quickly. I am having so much trouble with fall colors this year. 

I continue to be fascinated by her pocketbooks.

• Like 3

She IS the great pumpkin! I love it.

That pumpkin is going to bash you in the ...mid chest...with her mighty baton!

FBGMbFuX0AUv3fz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So Mathilde out in a really basic blouse and skirt, but she looks good. It's not often we get to see female royals wearing basic businesswear.

FBGEkJiWQAQS5Q4?format=jpg&name=large

Love the outfit of the woman on the left. She's Nyagoy Nyong’o, CEO @fairtradeofficial.

In January, Golden Jubilee celebrations will start for Queen Margrethe. Because she needs that on top of her job as a queen, an illustrator and a set design consultant for Netflix. But that means MORE Scruffy Fred!

ETA

Maxima at the Frida Kahlo Museum! I love it.

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Adding Maxima!
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

She IS the great pumpkin! I love it.

That pumpkin is going to bash you in the ...mid chest...with her mighty baton!

FBGMbFuX0AUv3fz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So Mathilde out in a really basic blouse and skirt, but she looks good. It's not often we get to see female royals wearing basic businesswear.

FBGEkJiWQAQS5Q4?format=jpg&name=large

Love the outfit of the woman on the left. She's Nyagoy Nyong’o, CEO @fairtradeofficial.

In January, Golden Jubilee celebrations will start for Queen Margrethe. Because she needs that on top of her job as a queen, an illustrator and a set design consultant for Netflix. But that means MORE Scruffy Fred!

Hmm, could Queen Margrethe's 2nd cousin Elizabeth's choice of ORANGE have somehow been done to honor to the former's impending Golden Anniversary? It's the EXACT shade of the Dutch national color! 

These queens have known each other the younger one's entire life and have evidently been good friends. Of course, having the same rank, they're each among the rare folks who can address the other by their given name . 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Could she use that baton to whack Andrew into the next century?

And there's Edward to Windsor up the photo op.

Or maybe that should be Windsor down?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

The pictures of QE II are of her starting the relay leading the the Commonwealth Games. The baton contains a handwritten message from Her Majesty to be read at the opening of the game. The relay will go through all the countries of the Commonwealth. It all sounds pretty cool.

And I think the Queen is one of the few people I've seen who can rock an all orange outfit.

It's also nice to see her looking so happy here.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Like 11

On Sunday, October 10, CNN will launch a six-part bioseries on Diana, Princess of Wales. Throughout the run of the show, please bring your comments to the topic for the series, here. Thank you!

• Useful 3

On 10/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, BlackberryJam said:

A jewelry palate cleanser. The Duchess of Windsor's ruby bangle is going up for auction. I kind of love it.

I must say, I more than kind of love it 😍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Oh, god, do they have to?  

This comment deserves more than a Like. 

Now to a breath of fresh air, MAXIMA celebrating Frida Kahlo. I want to see the full skirt. I'm loving that print.

FBGus8bVgAo_Bq1?format=jpg&name=large

This is a solid front view of the dress and dear lord that seaming is terrible.

The puckers. *shudder*

Mathilde looking freaking FABULOUS. I love the unusual neckline of this dress.

FBHSTTIWEAMhjIB?format=jpg&name=large

I like it even more in a print!

FBHRTt1XoAIMZJf?format=jpg&name=large

Speaking of great prints, Letizia's jacket. *grabby hands*

No fashion commentary here, but damn, Carl-Philip.

FBF-akwWYAQjZ__?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

Hmm, could Queen Margrethe's 2nd cousin Elizabeth's choice of ORANGE have somehow been done to honor to the former's impending Golden Anniversary? It's the EXACT shade of the Dutch national color! 

These queens have known each other the younger one's entire life and have evidently been good friends. Of course, having the same rank, they're each among the rare folks who can address the other by their given name . 

If the color were in Margrethe's honor then Elizabeth missed the mark since Margrethe's Danish, hee!

Mmmm, Carl Philip.. 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Silje said:

If the color were in Margrethe's honor then Elizabeth missed the mark since Margrethe's Danish, hee!

Mmmm, Carl Philip.. 

5f8769c6-3e2c-4af5-bca0-f96b3d3690ef_tex

• Like 7
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Now to a breath of fresh air, MAXIMA celebrating Frida Kahlo. I want to see the full skirt. I'm loving that print.

The puckers. *shudder*

Letizia's jacket and Carl-Philip are both on my Christmas Wish List.

• Laugh 16

7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

The puckers. *shudder*

That wedding dress is ugly from all sides.  I don’t know if that’s the boning from the dress or her bra that you can see imprinted in the photo.  That dress was all wrong.  Her change out dress was far better.

• Like 8

The wedding dress almost made me hyperventilate from feelings of claustrophobia when looking at it again. I feel like I can't move when I look at the tightness of it, the fabric is terrible, it doesn't look like the inside would be sleek and silky and slide right on, it looks like it would grab your skin like a wet bathing suit. full body shiver

Beautiful necklines and jackets and handsome men, oh my!

Impressed how the neckline can save two otherwise rather meh dresses. I do like them both but the neckline elevates them. Who did this collection? Are there more options?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

11 hours ago, Silje said:

Mmmm, Carl Philip.. 

D'OH! to me! Orange you all glad I didn't say banana?

Edited by Blergh
  • Laugh 2

On 10/7/2021 at 8:37 AM, CountryGirl said:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Oh...wait...no, it's not.

It's just QEII, sporting a lot of orange.

a69c8405c57284649509822aea2f489c.jpg

Is it just me or does she look much thinner?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I agree, she looks thinner.  For the past two decades, she always seemed younger than her actual age, but I think the fact that she is 95 is becoming more apparent.  Perhaps it was just that she looked younger next to Philip, especially during his last years.  And not surprisingly, she's lost inches of height.  She was never a tall person (about 5'3" as a young adult) but I'd be surprised if she's more than 5' now.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

I was thinking the same.  She does look quite thin and frail.   That color does not flatter her though.   It washes her out.  They have a lot of make-up on her.   First time I honestly thought she looks OLD.   God Bless Her.     

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Calvada said:

I agree, she looks thinner.  For the past two decades, she always seemed younger than her actual age, but I think the fact that she is 95 is becoming more apparent.  Perhaps it was just that she looked younger next to Philip, especially during his last years.  And not surprisingly, she's lost inches of height.  She was never a tall person (about 5'3" as a young adult) but I'd be surprised if she's more than 5' now.   

IOW, it's taken 95 years for Her Majesty to reach her double-great-grandma Vic's 'height' but going backwards in doing so! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

The first of 3 NFL games is being played in England today.   Listening to God Save Our Queen, all I can say is "The Star Spangled Banner is bad but that song is absolute dreck."   It becoming God Save Our King won't help it either.   Just ugh.   Someone compose a new National song.  

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2021 at 2:08 AM, Blergh said:

IOW, it's taken 95 years for Her Majesty to reach her double-great-grandma Vic's 'height' but going backwards in doing so! 

Victoria was also fairly small-framed.  Since she was only 18 when she became queen, she must have looked 12!  

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The first of 3 NFL games is being played in England today.   Listening to God Save Our Queen, all I can say is "The Star Spangled Banner is bad but that song is absolute dreck."   It becoming God Save Our King won't help it either.   Just ugh.   Someone compose a new National song.  

Actually, it’s God Save THE Queen. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PRgal said:

Victoria was also fairly small-framed.  Since she was only 18 when she became queen, she must have looked 12!  

Actually, it’s God Save THE Queen. 

Well, Vic seemed to have more of the Hanoverian tendency to gain weight early on ( her obstetrician correctly predicted that she'd be fat without 'stays' after the birth of the future Empress Frederick- which she wound up being so for most of her adult life ) . Vic also seemed to have inherited her paternal grandmother Queen Charlotte's short height and small frame rather than the average height and weight of her maternal Saxe-Coburg side. 

E. R. II appears to taken after her father George VI's slimness until recently. 

I looked at the full pictures linked. The dress is full on marshmallow fluff, which is okay. I am not against well endowed women wearing strapless, and she did do a pretty good job of keeping them in the dress, yet I don't think the top part went with the bottom part. The top needed to be marshmallow-y to go with the bottom or a different neckline or the bottom needed to be sleek to go with the top, more like the attendants dresses. It made me think how SYTTD brides would make a dress from two dresses and it never really works. It doesn't photograph well just hanging but looks magical at the bottom when the attendants are holding it up while she walks and then also from the back in the other picture. So yeah, for me, I just see a made from two dresses dress and not an inspired look.

Was the attendant in the last picture going for her Pippa moment? While she seems to be  solid perfection in the body department (her skin looks like she is buffed and loufa'd on the regular, so silky looking) and she looks to be in great shape, the puckering at the seam on her bottom ruins the whole effect. I would love to see a group picture because the colors are so pretty for fall. And the uniform colors! That green is really appealing to me. I am a green person. 

I found myself more interested in the guest (first picture) to the side of the bride, behind the man facing forward with a blue tie) in a long blue and white dress and also the guest to the side of the groom in a red/black/white dress (who seemed to know the camera would capture her, ha, a perfect "candid" pose). 

• Like 3

It's really kind of gross how much QE2 is protecting Andrew from any consequences. One wonders that if she had the same kind of mama bear energy for Charles whether he would have been more well-adjusted.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It's really kind of gross how much QE2 is protecting Andrew from any consequences.

I don't think even the Queen has that kind of power.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I wonder if they are just deferring to a Scotland Yard investigation. 
This quote made me go, hmmmm. 
“In an email to The Washington Post on Monday, London’s Metropolitan police service said it was “taking no further action” but that it would continue to ‘liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein.’”

I know nothing about British law. Is there a statue of limitations in regard to this case?

Edited by irisheyes
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I wonder if they are just deferring to a Scotland Yard investigation. 

No because Scotland Yard is the headquarters for the London Metropolitan Police. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Despite all Andrew's pals claiming vindication for him, it just means that there isn't enough hard evidence to take forward. It was a long time ago and it is notoriously difficult to prove cases like this even when they are brand new, never mind a cold case. Throw in the political ramifications, and you've got one big mess. But the decision not to proceed just means they know they can't prove it in court beyond all reasonable doubt, and it has to be proved beyond all reasonable doubt to secure a conviction.

Edited by Llywela
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Pallas

The rules for posting in this topic can be found in the first post. All posters in The Royals will be held accountable to these rules.