Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pallas

The Royals

21 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The hat deserved better shoes.

The shoes deserve a better hat.   Apparently the red monstrosity on Princess Sophie's shoulder spawned.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

I can't believe this is what they're trying to pull now

Prince Andrew's team dispute claims accuser served legal papers

One reason it is believed the duke's team does not consider papers have been served is because they maintain British legal procedures require that a valid request for assistance from UK court officials must come from a judicial or diplomatic officer in the US - and not from Ms Giuffre's lawyers.

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, irisheyes said:

okay, I snarked that she is "separated" from Albert.   But after reading that article, I am genuinely concerns for Charlene's health.   She had to have surgery in August and then had to go back to the hospital September 1 unexpectedly.    The pic with her hair hidden a scarf doesn't help.   She looks like a chemo patient.   

• Sad 6

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

okay, I snarked that she is "separated" from Albert.   But after reading that article, I am genuinely concerns for Charlene's health.   She had to have surgery in August and then had to go back to the hospital September 1 unexpectedly.    The pic with her hair hidden a scarf doesn't help.   She looks like a chemo patient.   

She reportedly went back into the hospital right after Albert made comments to some publication that he expected she would be able to return to Monaco sooner than they had originally anticipated (perhaps this month instead of in a couple of months).  If that’s not a giant red flag ….

I tend to think that she is suffering through some kind of major mental health crisis.  She seemingly never wanted to marry him (crying through her own wedding ceremony was not encouraging).  Maybe their 10-year anniversary this year brought some stuff to the surface that she can no longer suppress.  Or maybe she did get that ENT infection as was reported this year, and the toll on her physical health wore her down mentally over these last few months.  She really does not seem like a well woman, though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Fred, Mary and the kids went for a run.

More obscure royals and I LOVE HIS SUIT.

She looks fine. She's very, very pretty, but I'm over fishtail braids.

Anne out and about. I love the suit. 

E_KxgYVWQAQSCKL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Fred, Mary and the kids went for a run.

More obscure royals and I LOVE HIS SUIT.

She looks fine. She's very, very pretty, but I'm over fishtail braids.

Anne out and about. I love the suit. 

E_KxgYVWQAQSCKL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Whoever that man standing next to the British Princess Royal is might want to  avoid ostriches during their mating season! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Whoever that man standing next to the British Princess Royal is might want to  avoid ostriches during their mating season! 

I could be wrong but I recall seeing that uniform on the constable of the Tower of London.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Caoimhe said:

I could be wrong but I recall seeing that uniform on the constable of the Tower of London.

Tower guards wear a basically a black coat with a full, knee-length skirt and red piping, a Tudor  style cap and black pants.

2 hours ago, bobalina said:

Tower guards wear a basically a black coat with a full, knee-length skirt and red piping, a Tudor  style cap and black pants.

They do, but the constable who heads the whole place up has a hat like that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

You’re right. She was at a Tower ceremony. 

• Like 2

AAOsPQU.img?h=1066&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

AAOsPQQ.img?h=1056&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

ace8f09eef2556c1ca2046169853830e.jpg

Great pictures. The third looks like it could be a movie poster.

I love this quote from the article:  "In a world where everyone has an opinion about people they don’t know, the duke and duchess have compassion for the people they don’t know. They don’t just opine. They run toward the struggle."

And Harry got a new suit!!!

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

The third photo od great, but there's something off about the first two. Not in an what-does-their-body-language-say way, more Like some photoshopping went wrong. Or maybe it's just my screen.

LOL 

And Harry got a new suit!!!

Edited by bijoux
  • Like 8

Interesting fact about Letizia.

It’s her birthday and she’s just a gorgeous woman.

Max out and about in one of my favorite hats.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

The third photo od great, but there's something off about the first two. Not in an what-does-their-body-language-say way, more Like some photoshopping went wrong. Or maybe it's just my screen.

4 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I agree, the first photo doesn’t even look like they took the photo together. The photoshop looks off

The cover photo makes them look like the same height, when the next 2 clearly show they aren't. Something is definitely weird with the cover photo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

Definitely a little too much retouching/Photoshop; which always annoys me especially when we know they're already beautiful people.

Edited by Trini
  • Like 7

The first H&M photo Harry is sitting on a ledge leaning forward weirdly. Because he is in all black it's really hard to see. And I see what they did there, him in all black while she is in all white.  (That had to be on purpose, right?)

Imo, the 3rd photo is the best. They still glow when they're together.

• Like 7

Yeah, he's sitting or perching and she's standing somewhat in front of him.  And either the angle is awkward or the photoshop has gone awry, because the depth looks weird.  Meghan's face or perhaps her hair also looks a bit photoshopped.  She looks very like Jennifer Lawrence.

• Like 2

I never notice bad photoshop, but I never notice bad wigs, either. LOL

If Meghan manages to bring pleated, mid-rise, relaxed fit pants back into vogue, I'll be her fan for life. So flattering for real women! I'm so sick of seeing everyone's lumps and bumps, not to mention their asses hanging out.

Harry's face remains punchable.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Harry's eyes do seem extra-blue in that 2nd photo.

I didn't realize Harry's eyes were so small.  They look to be a vivid blue, but they are also very small for his face.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jane Tuesday said:

I never notice bad photoshop, but I never notice bad wigs, either. LOL

If Meghan manages to bring pleated, mid-rise, relaxed fit pants back into vogue, I'll be her fan for life. So flattering for real women! I'm so sick of seeing everyone's lumps and bumps, not to mention their asses hanging out.

Harry's face remains punchable.

I hate her pants.  I get she just had a baby and she probably hasn’t lost all the baby weight but I hate pants with those types of pleats. A nice wide leg trouser would have look just as good.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

There’s so much wrong with the composition of that first photo it messes with your eye. I guess they wanted them to be the same height but the lack of contrast on his pants makes it look he is scrunched down rather then leaning against the table. The way he is half behind her makes her look disproportionately wide. The shadows are completely wrong. Based on the setting and contrast between their clothing I’m guessing that they needed different lighting for the differences in skin tones and clothing. Then did a piss poor job of blending the two together in the final image. Actually to may be more than two photos combined because the shadows in his face is completely inconsistent with those on his body.

In the second it looks like their legs were elongated and narrowed creating an unnatural angle. She looks bowlegged. 

The more I look at then the more I see wrong. Whoever did the lighting and editing should be fired. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 12

They both look fine in all the pictures. Of greater interest is why Harry and Meghan were included on the 100 most influential list.

https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2021/6096108/prince-harry-meghan/

More info in this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/world/harry-and-meghan-time-100-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

José Andrés [...] described Harry and Meghan as having "compassion for the people they don't know," and said they "don't just opine"

• Like 8

Prince Charles is out and about.

That kid rarely stays home with the nanny. 

Another photo from James' wedding. Rumor has it, Wills, Kate and all three kids slipped out of the country for it.

He looks so happy. He battled major depression just a few years ago. Good for him.

Delphine doing an event. She looks great.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The wig/extensions on Meghan in the first photo are too much. 

The third photo is the most natural and pleasing.

Yes.   Why did they give Meghan extensions?   Her natural hair is lovely.    

The third looks the best because its the only one not posed to a fare thee well.   I know its Vogue, but these folks aren't Barbie dolls.   

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yes.   Why did they give Meghan extensions?   Her natural hair is lovely.    

The third looks the best because its the only one not posed to a fare thee well.   I know its Vogue, but these folks aren't Barbie dolls.   

Also, Meghan rarely wears her hair anything like photo #1. She usually has it up in that sloppy bun (photos #2 and 3). That's her brand look, so the first photo is especially jarring.

I mean this is what I associate with the "Meghan look":

meghan-markle-freckles2-2000.jpg

Meghan looks good though. This is kind of tricky but IMO she's one of those women who looks good with some post-baby curves. 

Also Harry's eyes are not THAT blue omg.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Also Harry's eyes are not THAT blue omg.

Is he trying to audition for Paul Atreides?

• Laugh 5

On 9/15/2021 at 11:47 AM, CountryGirl said:

Great pictures. The third looks like it could be a movie poster.

I love this quote from the article:  "In a world where everyone has an opinion about people they don’t know, the duke and duchess have compassion for the people they don’t know. They don’t just opine. They run toward the struggle."

And Harry got a new suit!!!

All of this fantastic good press and the Firm is not benefiting in any way.  Prince Andrew’s scandal is about to make even more news soon and Charles is in the scandal rags again and the Firm could use some good press and positive attention and there is Harry getting recognized for his charity work and they are getting bubkis out of it.  Were I their PR people I would be absolutely fuming.

• Like 1

@BlackberryJam, I was prepared to scroll on by when I read this in your post: Prince Charles is out and about.

I realized, of course, you were speaking of sweet, adorable, sweet-checked Prince Charles of Luxembourg. Not QE II's eldest. LOL.

• Like 7

I found out what the problem is with the cover of Harry & Meghan. What you can't really see is that Harry is actually sitting on the ledge, that's why they're the same height, it's not photoshop. Whoever took the photo & whoever chose it for the cover did a really bad job. Because Harry is all in black, you can't see any contrast or shadows, so you can can't really see that he's sitting, it looks like he's standing. I don't know if that was clearer in the photo before it became the cover, but seriously, how did they not realize this? Was this photo chosen as the cover by some rookie?

Edited by GaT
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

@BlackberryJam, I was prepared to scroll on by when I read this in your post: Prince Charles is out and about.

I realized, of course, you were speaking of sweet, adorable, sweet-checked Prince Charles of Luxembourg. Not QE II's eldest. LOL.

I drafted it that way on purpose.

1 hour ago, Ms.Moon said:

All of this fantastic good press and the Firm is not benefiting in any way.  Prince Andrew’s scandal is about to make even more news soon and Charles is in the scandal rags again and the Firm could use some good press and positive attention and there is Harry getting recognized for his charity work and they are getting bubkis out of it.  Were I their PR people I would be absolutely fuming.

Everyone has their opinions on the BRF, and each specific member. While Americans may love H&M, their popularity in Britain is in the tank. The BRF PR people are focused on their own people, with only secondary concern for the rest of the world.  H&M and the BRF have separate lives, separate goals, etc and aren’t in competition with one another. They are all doing just fine. H&M have carved out a good life in the US. The BRF remains extremely popular at home. It’s a win-win for everyone. 

Here’s Sophie out and about looking lovely. Love the dress.

E_acns6VUAIdPuD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I’m really liking the scruff/beard on Philippe. I don’t think I’ve seen him bearded.

So many great photos of Letizia for her birthday, I had to share this one from 2015. Amazing dress, gorgeous jewels and a King with military bearing on her arm.

2021-0916-letizia02.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Typos
  • Like 12

New photo of Princess Beatrix. You can see the world in her lovely face.

E_a3tFxXEAM_1Wp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Gustav, Silvia, Victoria and Daniel opened Parliament yesterday and THIS is the way to travel. 

Sweden-opening-of-parliament-2021.jpg

New photo of Daniel as well.

E_ToKtjXMAE2Buf?format=jpg&name=large

He looks tired.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

I drafted it that way on purpose.

Everyone has their opinions on the BRF, and each specific member. While Americans may love H&M, their popularity in Britain is in the tank. The BRF PR people are focused on their own people, with only secondary concern for the rest of the world.  H&M and the BRF have separate lives, separate goals, etc and aren’t in competition with one another. They are all doing just fine. H&M have carved out a good life in the US. The BRF remains extremely popular at home. It’s a win-win for everyone. 

Here’s Sophie out and about looking lovely. Love the dress.

E_acns6VUAIdPuD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I’m really liking the scruff/beard on Philippe. I don’t think I’ve seen him bearded.

So many great photos of Letizia for her birthday, I had to share this one from 2015. Amazing dress, gorgeous jewels and a King with military bearing on her arm.

2021-0916-letizia02.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Of course Prince Andrew’s mess makes him about as popular as an outbreak of lice.  I would think that the Firm would have liked to have some positive press right now to counter the negative press that charges against Prince Andrew that will keep Andrew firmly in his mother’s line of sight as long as she draws breath. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ms.Moon said:

Of course Prince Andrew’s mess makes him about as popular as an outbreak of lice.  I would think that the Firm would have liked to have some positive press right now to counter the negative press that charges against Prince Andrew that will keep Andrew firmly in his mother’s line of sight as long as she draws breath. 

Well, Kate was out and about for the first time in a couple of months, doing a military engagement and talking Afghanistan. William is announcing Earthshot prize finalists tomorrow. George and Charlotte were papped doing some school shopping. William attended an awards ceremony on Tuesday. Anne is doing two/three per day appearances (as is her usual) cutting ribbons, giving awards, visiting patronages. Chaz and Camz are in Scotland doing events. They are all going about their business wearing in really boring clothes. If they wear something interesting, I post.

The US press doesn't write a story about Camilla meeting representatives from Green Hive at Nairn Community Centre, but that's the main work of royals. Earthshot is big and splashy, but the rest of it, it's cutting ribbons and revealing plaques at community events. They get a constant flow of positive press from that. But it's not international press.

Andrew is a horrific human who can fall in a hole at any time. There are plenty of stories about him being horrible, but his stink doesn't really rub off on the rest of them.

So...I don't normally bother with Brits unless it's funny, has jewels or great clothes, but here are some from this week. 

That dress is ill-fitting.

Sophie at a vaccination center wearing a boring t-shirt.

Bea with a poorly belted coat out doing a thing.

Chaz in his kilt. Camz in some ugly shoes, but a nice coat.

Sophie working with an eyesight charity.

Kate looking super boring.

Super yawner, Duke of Gloucester.

There are more than a dozen of these snoozer events every week that are constant earners of good PR and good will, especially among the organizations visited/highlighted.

But ...no great clothes. No jewels. So not worthy of a post.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Maybe someone adept at linking Twitter can link the hilarious Mario Lopez tweet about the Time cover. Apparently the meme's have just been writing themselves because I have looked at about 12 already since the Time article came out. 

Ha Ha HA on it.

Edited by stewedsquash · Reason: I can't get the link to work
  • Like 1

And she is giving an awkward smile of "This isn't exactly what I asked for, but I'm going to be polite about it and act like it's all fine"...

• Laugh 15

You know I just realized something: Meghan is an extremely poor fit for the photoshopped, overly filtered look these fashion magazine poses favor.

Meghan's face has a lot of character -- the big expressive eyes, the strong chin, the freckles.

Photoshop and filters flatten her face and take away the character. 

Look at this photo. She looks amazing. She can even pull off the bed head hair:

Prince-Harry-and-Meghan-Markle.jpg

• Like 8

@Jane Tuesday Yes that's the one! And someone else tagged Mario with a reply showing a photoshopped  salon mirrored background behind their images with the made up logo of Hair by Harry.

I agree with the thought above, I think Meghan photographs beautifully in a natural way and any attempt to make it different just fails. 

I think they enhanced Harry's hair, just going by recent pictures of him showing him with significant hair loss. 

end/

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

5 hours ago, GaT said:

I found out what the problem is with the cover of Harry & Meghan. What you can't really see is that Harry is actually sitting on the ledge, that's why they're the same height, it's not photoshop. Whoever took the photo & whoever chose it for the cover did a really bad job. Because Harry is all in black, you can't see any contrast or shadows, so you can can't really see that he's sitting, it looks like he's standing. I don't know if that was clearer in the photo before it became the cover, but seriously, how did they not realize this? Was this photo chosen as the cover by some rookie?

That’s part of the problem but it’s also really bad photoshop. There are shadows on Harry’s sweater that abruptly stop at his neckline. The light on her is inconsistent with the light on him. Plus the position he is in just isn’t natural for him to have his hand on her shoulder like that. Sitting like that he should be a few inches behind her and would require him to be leaning forward but he’s not. 

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Photoshop and filters flatten her face and take away the character. 

It’s because they overexpose her face removing the natural shadows. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 6

Reading the details on why the Photoshop is bad is so interesting to me because I can't pick up on any of that myself. I can tell the pictures look weird, but I can't explain why.

The only concrete detail that stood out to me was those fucking pleated pants. I just hate that style of pants. I think they look bad on everyone. They make me think of jodhpurs that are trying to pretend to be normal pants. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Well, Kate was out and about for the first time in a couple of months, doing a military engagement and talking Afghanistan. William is announcing Earthshot prize finalists tomorrow. George and Charlotte were papped doing some school shopping. William attended an awards ceremony on Tuesday. Anne is doing two/three per day appearances (as is her usual) cutting ribbons, giving awards, visiting patronages. Chaz and Camz are in Scotland doing events. They are all going about their business wearing in really boring clothes. If they wear something interesting, I post.

The US press doesn't write a story about Camilla meeting representatives from Green Hive at Nairn Community Centre, but that's the main work of royals. Earthshot is big and splashy, but the rest of it, it's cutting ribbons and revealing plaques at community events. They get a constant flow of positive press from that. But it's not international press.

Andrew is a horrific human who can fall in a hole at any time. There are plenty of stories about him being horrible, but his stink doesn't really rub off on the rest of them.

So...I don't normally bother with Brits unless it's funny, has jewels or great clothes, but here are some from this week. 

That dress is ill-fitting.

Sophie at a vaccination center wearing a boring t-shirt.

Bea with a poorly belted coat out doing a thing.

Chaz in his kilt. Camz in some ugly shoes, but a nice coat.

Sophie working with an eyesight charity.

Kate looking super boring.

Super yawner, Duke of Gloucester.

There are more than a dozen of these snoozer events every week that are constant earners of good PR and good will, especially among the organizations visited/highlighted.

But ...no great clothes. No jewels. So not worthy of a post.

Yeah. This. For those of us who live in the UK, the BRF are in the news all the time, for a wide variety of reasons. They get both good and bad press, depending on many factors. There are dozens of royal stories every week that are never mentioned in this thread, either because they weren't visible to royal watchers overseas or because no one who saw them was interested enough to bring them here. The stories that make it to this thread aren't representative of royal press as a whole.

The main royal story here this week is a high court ruling that the contents of Prince Philip's will are to be sealed for 90 years, 'to protect the dignity of the Queen', which is interesting phrasing. I mean, it is fairly standard practice for royal wills to be sealed, but the way the press release and headlines have chosen to phrase it makes it sound odd, as if there were something untoward in the content.

• Like 7

The Court published its opinion as to why Prince Philip's Will was sealed.   

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/the-will-of-his-late-royal-highness-the-prince-philip-duke-of-edinburgh/

It's long.   But the gist is:   Well it's been done for a century, we've narrowed who in the BRF's Wills we seal (the Queen's children's Wills will be sealed most likely but THEIR children except William and his kids will most likely not, Harry's probably will but not his kids).     The dignity thing goes to the "Dignity of the Crown."    We don't want to discuss something as grubby as money or allow prurient speculation as to who is in or who is out of the Will and who got what because that affects the ability of the Royal Family to be proper representatives of the UK.   

My take away -- I want to know what Queen's Mary's brother's Will says.   It's the oldest sealed Will and should be subject to inspection by now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Pallas

The rules for posting in this topic can be found in the first post. All posters in The Royals will be held accountable to these rules.