Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pallas

The Royals

You are all right about Lady Kitty.  But, I'm shallow and enjoy seeing pretty clothes on pretty people.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Me also @Suzn , me also. I love watching the videos of the making of fashion and fashion week ones. I love Project Runway and love to know the behind the scenes stuff. Fashion and fluff pieces, interiors, how they live, all things royal style is just silly fun (for me).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Suzn said:

You are all right about Lady Kitty.  But, I'm shallow and enjoy seeing pretty clothes on pretty people.

Me too. I think pretty clothes on pretty people are a beautiful way of displaying true art. 
Viewing beautiful art takes me to another place altogether - away from everything stressful in my life.

I just now realized this!

• Like 6

When I was killing time earlier waiting for the groomer to be finished with the schnauzer I went to the library. While browsing the new books section display,  I came across a new Kate Middleton book and it had all kinds of pictures of her in her different stages and outfits. This one has probably been seen by y'all but I kind of swooned (over both of them being so ridiculously authentic in their getups) over this picture of them back in 2011 at a Calgary Stampede.

image.png.abec74340f76cd3ffa9f948af3e35131.png

*Well as authentic as future British monarchs wearing new cowboy/girl outfits can be, lol 

There was also a picture of her in a winter coat, kind of a light mushroom color, wool but there was a design in the middle part that mimicked a lace effect with a fluffy collar. It was so pretty.

eta this is the book in case anyone wants to recommend it to their library or buy it. It was really nice and featured her stylist.:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54303217-the-duchess-of-cambridge?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=Qh6lKLXxFu&rank=1

Edited by stewedsquash · Reason: added book link
  • Like 9

Earl Spencer wins against  journalist who repeated lie that he refused to offer Diana a home after the breakup of her marriage:

• Like 12

Elisabeth!

Happy anniversary, Mike and Zara.

I think her dress has held up as lovely. 

E7h7i_VWQAA5H5r?format=jpg&name=4096x409

d2eb57de0207ed6094985392b05d0619.jpg

Although I still hate the band at the hem.

Anne opening a dog cafe.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Elisabeth!

Happy anniversary, Mike and Zara.

I think her dress has held up as lovely. 

E7h7i_VWQAA5H5r?format=jpg&name=4096x409

d2eb57de0207ed6094985392b05d0619.jpg

Although I still hate the band at the hem.

Anne opening a dog cafe.

Considering how Her Majesty has been  said to love 'dogs, horses and people- and in that order', I have to wonder if she herself wished she could have opened the canine cafe herself instead of having the Princess Royal do it! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Coming in late, but I absolutely loved Kitty's blue floral dress. Not that I could have picked her out of a line-up before this.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Anne opening a dog cafe.

With all the talk of him wanting to trim the royal family down when he takes the reigns (pun intended), I can just picture Chaz when he learned about this...a senior royal at the opening of a dog cafe!  I think it's lovely, knowing her love of dogs, but I bet the World's Oldest Intern was not amused!  🤣

• Laugh 1

42 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Coming in late, but I absolutely loved Kitty's blue floral dress. Not that I could have picked her out of a line-up before this.

It was very pretty. It was a very whimsical ball gown, reminded me of the ball gown from the live action Cinderella in 2015. It would also work as a spring time formal gown, I could see someone waltzing in a garden. image.thumb.png.1b7d5976dd2e7228a3bcda349af405b6.png

I also thought her hair, makeup and jewelry was well done for the blue dress. The makeup/hair for the white gown was a bit too harsh.image.png.e3cc77ae72aa314ddb829cd2a0e4b217.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Domenicholas said:

Princess Charlene of Monaco has to remain in South African until at least late October for a severe sinus infection.

https://people.com/royals/princess-charlene-hopes-to-leave-south-africa-by-the-end-of-october/

It's bad enough to stop her flying, but she can still do things around SA. Surely she could go by road or sea if she really wanted to.

I don't mean to diminish sinus infections. When I'm laid up I'm laid up. Don't leave the house to swan about the country. Very suspicious.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

With all the talk of him wanting to trim the royal family down when he takes the reigns (pun intended), I can just picture Chaz when he learned about this...a senior royal at the opening of a dog cafe!  I think it's lovely, knowing her love of dogs, but I bet the World's Oldest Intern was not amused!  🤣

Opening dog cafes and pinning ribbons on winners of the best garden in Royston Vasey is pretty much a morning’s work for royals and Charles knows it. Slimming down the monarchy doesn’t mean doing fewer events or limiting to only events of nationwide significance. It means fewer people on the public dole.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Anduin said:

It's bad enough to stop her flying, but she can still do things around SA. Surely she could go by road or sea if she really wanted to.

I don't think either of those options are really feasible. South Africa isn't near Monaco, traveling over land from one to the other would be like going from Chicago to Buenos Aires, and you'd have to go through either the DRC or Sudan, which would probably make it a no go from a security point of view. Security would also be a concern by sea because there are areas along the west coast where piracy is an issue. Flying really is her only reasonable option.

• Like 5
  • Useful 10

40 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I don't think either of those options are really feasible. South Africa isn't near Monaco, traveling over land from one to the other would be like going from Chicago to Buenos Aires, and you'd have to go through either the DRC or Sudan, which would probably make it a no go from a security point of view. Security would also be a concern by sea because there are areas along the west coast where piracy is an issue. Flying really is her only reasonable option.

I didn't think of that. It's a fair point. Still, if she's crook, she shouldn't be galivanting around the place.

13 hours ago, Anduin said:

I didn't think of that. It's a fair point. Still, if she's crook, she shouldn't be galivanting around the place.

I do find the whole thing suspicious because of other circumstances. However, ground transportation is a completely different ballgame than flying with a sinus infection. You’re unlikely to experience significant changes in pressure while “galavanting” around. 

This is all following her having a sinus lift/bone graft in preparation for dental implants. So it’s a sinus infection that is slowing her recovery from surgery. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I do find the whole thing suspicious because of other circumstances. However, ground transportation is a completely different ballgame than flying with a sinus infection. Your unlikely to experience significant changes in pressure while “galavanting” around. 

This is all following her having a sinus lift/bone graft in preparation for dental implants. So it’s a sinus infection that is slowing her recovery from surgery. 

Okay, I see your Steph's point. Furthermore, I remember hearing that Albert isn't a great person. That this may be a way of getting some freedom back. In that case, she can have all the sinus infection she wants.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Anduin said:

I don't mean to diminish sinus infections. When I'm laid up I'm laid up. Don't leave the house to swan about the country. Very suspicious.

Yeah if its going to be that long before she can fly, she might as well take a boat  to Monaco.   Its not like it will take her longer to return that way.   I mean sinus infections can be bad, but this had been going on for HOW long?   

Posted before I saw the concerns about piracy.   They are looking for container ships that can held for ransom, not a random cruise ship or a private yacht.   Because a private yacht WILL have security and blow them out of the water.   She COULD take this route if she chose.

Dental impants?   Do they not have this ability in Monaco?   Why does she need dental implants?   Nope, this is totally a cover story.   She and Albert worked out a separation agreement where she gets to see the kids regularly but in exchange she gets "sick" rather than say "I've finally left him.  The latest baby scandal was one too many for me."     

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah if its going to be that long before she can fly, she might as well take a boat  to Monaco.   Its not like it will take her longer to return that way.   I mean sinus infections can be bad, but this had been going on for HOW long?   

Posted before I saw the concerns about piracy.   They are looking for container ships that can held for ransom, not a random cruise ship or a private yacht.   Because a private yacht WILL have security and blow them out of the water.   She COULD take this route if she chose.

Dental impants?   Do they not have this ability in Monaco?   Why does she need dental implants?   Nope, this is totally a cover story.   She and Albert worked out a separation agreement where she gets to see the kids regularly but in exchange she gets "sick" rather than say "I've finally left him.  The latest baby scandal was one too many for me."     

Your scenario is possible but  not necessarily the case. There's more than one way to skin any kind of cat. 

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

As I said I have my doubts, but if she takes this route she, and her security team, are idiots. Taking a royal from one of the wealthiest counties on the planet into pirate infested waters is foolhardy. They absolutely do go after yachts and small cruise ships. 

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

But she’s not seeing the kids regularly. I think it’s more likely a combination of a separation and a legitimate medical issue.  She had the initial surgery before she traveled to South Africa and then had complications and an additional surgery once she was there. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, MissT said:

That's their story and they are sticking to it.    Very odd 

I feel sorry for her, married to that philanderer. It's interesting that his mother was unhappy in the palace and so is his wife. When she returns to Monaco, I hope she legally separates from the jerk and lives close by the palace so the children can spend a lot of quality time with her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I feel sorry for her, married to that philanderer. It's interesting that his mother was unhappy in the palace and so is his wife. When she returns to Monaco, I hope she legally separates from the jerk and lives close by the palace so the children can spend a lot of quality time with her.

But why marry him?   Was it arranged?   She's much younger then he is.  She had to of known his history of being a womanizer and multiple paternity suits.   Obviously, I'm not in their circle but even I read the news.   She had to know this going into the marriage, so I don't feel too sorry for her.  Also, he's not what I call handsome like his father.   

Edited by MissT
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MissT said:

But why marry him?   Was it arranged?   She's much younger then he is.  She had to of known his history of being a womanizer and multiple paternity suits.   Obviously, I'm not in their circle but even I read the news.   She had to know this going into the marriage, so I don't feel too sorry for her.  Also, he's not what I call handsome like his father.   

I have no clue why she married him but according to a French newspaper she attempted to runaway three times before the wedding. She cried throughout the wedding and they stayed in separate hotel rooms during the Honeymoon with here room guarded to make sure she would try to run again. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 3

18 hours ago, MissT said:

8 hours ago, Dani said:

I have no clue why she married him but according to a French newspaper she attempted to runaway three times before the wedding. She cried throughout the wedding and they stayed in separate hotel rooms during the Honeymoon with here room guarded to make sure she would try to run again. 

He had her passport confiscated so that she couldn't escape

• Surprise 13
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GaT said:

They make it sound like the old days of the  Soviet Union, confiscating her passport, preventing her from returning to SA. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, GaT said:

What's done has obviously been done but I wonder what would have happened had Charlene said 'NO!' at the altar and stormed out of the Cathedral to the French border. 

47 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The emblem for the Queen's PLATINUM Jubilee has been released.   It was designed by a 19 year old design student and chosen by the panel.   

https://www.royal.uk/queens-platinum-jubilee-emblem

It's ummm, rather plain.   

I have a trip planned for Morocco in March 2022 but I went to the Diamond Jubilee, and my heart yearns to go to the Platinum. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The emblem for the Queen's PLATINUM Jubilee has been released.   It was designed by a 19 year old design student and chosen by the panel.   

It's ummm, rather plain.   

If that's the winning entry, how shit do the losers have to be? It's terrible! Just this random squiggle that reminds me of a duck. Is it there to fill space? When I think of regal animals, I rarely think ducks.

OTOH, it's still more dignified than she deserves.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

It's ummm, rather plain.   

Are you sure it wasn't designed by a 19-month old? It looks like something that a baby would have attempted  with crayons had they seen a either a crown or a bowl of fruit in front of them ! And who was this panel who chose this anyway? It brings to mind the old saying ' a camel is a horse designed by a committee' !  Well, I imagine Her Majesty was simply too polite to let any objections be known but no doubt her late spouse wouldn't have pulled any punches on this! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

22 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I think it's quite clever with the "70" snuck in at the top of the crown.

queens_platinum_jubilee_english_0.png

Call me crazy, but I think it's so much better than some stuff, typical pompous emblem. 

Agreed.  I really like it!  It may seem plain, but logos often are, because they have to be able to be used in so many mediums and replicated at many different sizes.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

Heavens I didn't even realize it was a 70 up there.   OR a crown.    Just looks like squiggles to me.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

I love it. And I kept thinking is that a 7 at the top? and now I can see the 70 (thanks to the post above).  I think it is a good contemporary take on an emblem. My daughter-in-law's sister-in-law is a newly graduated and newly hired art teacher (middle school) and at our July 4th celebration she drew an elephant in chalk on the cement for my four year old granddaughter and it took me minute to figure out what she was drawing. It was squiggly and simple, just like the above, complete with water squirting out of the trunk. I think the emblem is whimsical, uncluttered and fresh. 

I am interested in seeing what some of the options were that weren't chosen. 

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I think it's quite clever with the "70" snuck in at the top of the crown.

queens_platinum_jubilee_english_0.png

Call me crazy, but I think it's so much better than some stuffy, typical pompous emblem. 

I like it- the 70, the crown, it feels fresh. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Heavens I didn't even realize it was a 70 up there.   OR a crown.    Just looks like squiggles to me.

I think it's one of those things where you once you see it, you can't unsee it.

It was always going to be purple and platinum, but the crown is one continuous line with the idea that it represents her continuous reign, and then there's the seven on top. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

Ahhhhh, that makes perfect sense, the continuity of the one line, one reign theme. 

I hope this new graphic artist thrives in their career. Off to a great start in my opinion. 

Since I can't usually access the British articles (cookies/privacy thing and/or paywalls) I won't really know if there is a yahs or nahs brouhaha over this. I seriously am thrilled over this little emblem. 

Edited by stewedsquash · Reason: deleted an s
  • Like 1

My thoughts on the emblem are:

1: If if looks like something I could have drawn (and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler), then hard pass.

2: tenor.gif?itemid=9730923

3: Since I'm meh about the institution/crown et al, fine, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

14 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

My thoughts on the emblem are:

1: If if looks like something I could have drawn (and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler), then hard pass.

2: tenor.gif?itemid=9730923

3: Since I'm meh about the institution/crown et al, fine, I guess.

I dunno. I think the design is innovative, modern and interesting. I'm not going to knock a 19 year old graphic artist because the idea of a monarchy is outdated. Especially a monarchy like the Brits, who just cut ribbons and reveal plaques while having pretty much zero effect on politics or policy. Monarchies are good for tiaras, fashion and ceremony. 

There are monarchies with actual power that are so much more problematic. King Mswati III. The people of eSwatini deserve at least some ability to elect their own leaders. And don't get me started on my loathing of Hans-Adam. 

Fergie has written a romance novel!

Something about her just makes me want to back slowly out of the room. I hope this book is a total hoot.

GOOD LORD! Peter Phillips got Windsored, hard.

• Like 6

Not knocking the artist. I just don't care for it. And honestly wouldn't no matter for whom it was designed.

As for Fergie's romance novel. Oh lord, I will have to read this one, I suspect. I'm sure it will be the guiltiest of guilty pleasures. Speaking of Fergie, it's a big news week for her, what with the defense of SIL Jack after his yachting with a topless woman made the news. Because Fergie is such a good judge of someone's integrity.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

I dunno. I think the design is innovative, modern and interesting. I'm not going to knock a 19 year old graphic artist because the idea of a monarchy is outdated. Especially a monarchy like the Brits, who just cut ribbons and reveal plaques while having pretty much zero effect on politics or policy. Monarchies are good for tiaras, fashion and ceremony. 

There are monarchies with actual power that are so much more problematic. King Mswati III. The people of eSwatini deserve at least some ability to elect their own leaders. And don't get me started on my loathing of Hans-Adam. 

Fergie has written a romance novel!

Something about her just makes me want to back slowly out of the room. I hope this book is a total hoot.

GOOD LORD! Peter Phillips got Windsored, hard.

I understand how Peter feels. I lost my godmother in March, I still haven’t watched The Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, cause “feelings”. My god mother wanted so badly to outlive the pandemic (cancer) to have a grand funeral and have everyone attend. She didn’t get that wish. As awful as the pandemic has been at least QEII and her husband were able to be together in the end. How lucky Peter was to have his grandfather so long though. 

Unrelated to anything important- he’s still decent looking! He looks better than Will to me. I think cause he has a broader face which reads “manly”. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Unrelated to anything important- he’s (PETER) still decent looking! He looks better than Will to me. I think cause he has a broader face which reads “manly”. 

He also has more than three strands of hair that he combs over Homer Simpson style. 

• Laugh 9

So guys I did a thing- I booked a hotel room for those dates to lock in the rate. Of course 1. Covid, 2. Cost, 3. Life stuff.

If I end up going and good photos of Royals/official memorabilia I will share with you guys. 

• Like 24

6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Speaking of Fergie, it's a big news week for her, what with the defense of SIL Jack after his yachting with a topless woman made the news. Because Fergie is such a good judge of someone's integrity.

Don't forget comparing herself to Nelson Mandela because she, too, learned to forgive her "persecutors."

• Laugh 7

Are you sure it wasn't designed by a 19-month old? It looks like something that a baby would have attempted  with crayons had they seen a either a crown or a bowl of fruit in front of them !

The baby would have done a better job.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

19 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Not knocking the artist. I just don't care for it. And honestly wouldn't no matter for whom it was designed.

As for Fergie's romance novel. Oh lord, I will have to read this one, I suspect. I'm sure it will be the guiltiest of guilty pleasures. Speaking of Fergie, it's a big news week for her, what with the defense of SIL Jack after his yachting with a topless woman made the news. Because Fergie is such a good judge of someone's integrity.

To each one's own re reading choices.

However, if one is curious about the Duchess of York's latest  literary effort but does NOT want to chance funding someone who'd praised the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia while staying chummy with her dubious ex,etc. , perhaps one may consider waiting until one's local library (or used bookstore/ garage sale) has it available. 

• Like 2

For dog lovers, sad news. Muffin, Haakon's dog, passed away.

OOOO look, it's the Albanians!

Obscure royals FTW!

Oscar looking not grumpy while Daniel looks especially villainous with the slick back.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Pallas

The rules for posting in this topic can be found in the first post. All posters in The Royals will be held accountable to these rules.