Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pallas

The Royals

This is the new The Royals topic, for news and discussion of royals around the world. We have a few simple rules for posting in this thread, and so, a very low tolerance for violations. Violations of these simple rules will draw warnings, suspension of posting privileges or bans, so we strongly encourage you to please take the time to read and understand them.  

• The Primetimer Golden Rule is Be Civil (or Be Gone). The Golden Rule applies to your fellow members; it does not apply to the subject of this thread. Folks are free to say what they like about any royal, as long as their post does not violate site policy, for example, the politics rule or the rule against hate speech or insensitive language.
  • Treat your fellow posters with the respect you expect by: (1) not bickering, not hectoring: make your point and move on; (2) handling disagreement with civility. Opposing views aren't personal attacks. Stating your own opinion is fine; harassing others who disagree is not, and, more importantly, breaches our Golden Rule. 
  • Think twice, post once. If you're unsure about whether what you're saying is a violation, don't say it. Violations include passive-aggressive jabs, belaboring a point with repetitive replies, or mocking the opinions of others in any way. 
  • Make no comment about any elected political figure mentioned, or pictured, in connection to a royal. The figure may be identified (by name and title only) in the original post; you may comment on the royal's attire and deportment, but not speculate on their body language or attitude. 
  • Report, don’t retort: use the report button appropriately. If you see a post that you believe violates these guidelines, do not respond; instead, click on the flag icon at the bottom of the post -- that brings the post to the attention of the entire mod team.

If you find another member’s posts infuriating or even just irksome, but they do not violate thread or site rules, we recommend using the Ignore feature. To do that: 

1. Hover your mouse over the person's name/avatar
  2. A pop-up of their mini profile appears> click 'ignore user'
  3. Click the check boxes to select what to ignore
  4. Click 'Update'> done.

If you have any questions, please PM one or all of us, the Royals mods.

Cheers,

@festivus; @JTMacc99; @Pallas

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

@Lady Whistleup Oh yay! I love that dress on her. Great color and great length. The prairie look was ugh.

QE2 is looking happy at Royal Ascot. I know there was a lot of concern about her after Phil carked it, but she seems okay. I love the colors on this.

Maxima is a fab pantsuit!

Oh and Amalia is turning down her 2 million dollar allowance.

• Like 16

I suck at posting pics, but Anne’s shades at Ascot were awesome. 

5E4C4812-671B-4610-96C2-BBFB87F735B1.jpeg

Edited by irisheyes · Reason: Fingers crossed the pic posts.
  • Like 14

To mark #FathersDay we are sharing this photograph of The Queen with her father, King George VI, and Prince Philip watching a young Prince Charles sitting on a statue at Balmoral in 1951. pic.twitter.com/CiU249gPuj

That's probably the best photo of Philip and Charles I've ever seen.  Charles actually looks happy and Philip is looking at him proudly.  I know I don't actually know these people, but I've always felt sorry for Charles that Philip seemed so disappointed in him, that Charles wasn't "man" enough or some other testosterone bullshit.  

Hurrah for the new forum!  I've been dying for discussions of Kate's sartorial choices!  

• Like 13

This is probably an UO. I know most see the Queen in Princess Charlotte and I do also. Something has always tugged at me that there is someone else in her features also as I don't subscribe to the notion of some (not necessarily here but out there), that she is the spitting image of the queen. That photo above pulls me towards Kate's sister Pippa. Kate's side has strong genes showing up in the boys and I think they are showing up in Charlotte also. I can't put my finger on it, what is reminding me of her sister, whether it is the shape of her face, her coloring, the bone structure, her eyebrows, what have you. I just don't see her as the spitting image of Queen Elizabeth and do see something of Kate's side. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, Frost said:

That's probably the best photo of Philip and Charles I've ever seen.  Charles actually looks happy and Philip is looking at him proudly.  I know I don't actually know these people, but I've always felt sorry for Charles that Philip seemed so disappointed in him, that Charles wasn't "man" enough or some other testosterone bullshit.  

Hurrah for the new forum!  I've been dying for discussions of Kate's sartorial choices!  

Same here.  I don't think I've really seen pictures of Charles that happy.  As an adult OR as a child.  

• Like 2

I love this clip of the Queen choosing to cut a cake with a sword last week. Her personality has really been on display lately. It’s great to see her enjoying herself.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Another Kate look I loved was the dark pink dress she wore to visit a primary school:

Kate-Leaning-over-Talking-to-Kids-School

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Like 8

I think the Queen has been under some stress worrying about Phils’ health. Now that he’s gone, so is that stress. I also think she has a bit of a “Who the fuck cares” attitude that’s coming through. I mean, she’s not going go too far out there, but she’s more comfortable making some quips.

Great post from Camz and Chaz for Father’s Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQVbwg4DxdH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I hated this Kate dress in Scotland. It’s how heavy it looks with that neckline. I feel like it needs a shell or something under it.

43524617-9625051-image-a-1_1622129301359

I thin this dress is fun, but Maxima only probably.

_medium.jpeg

Also, her hair has been a mess lately. She needs a visit to her stylist.

Fred looks goooood.

2f9636f66d4990f1379892dce26955d7d4a733dc

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Fred looks goooood.

He looks like a Hallmark Channel movie royal.  King of Madeuplandia.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 9

13 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

He looks like a Hallmark Channel movie royal.  King of Madeuplandia.

Talk about aging into hotness. 

Mary is lovely as well. Christian needs to age past his teens. There’s nothing wrong with me at all, but he has that youthful face that doesn’t seem fully developed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

This is probably an UO. I know most see the Queen in Princess Charlotte and I do also. Something has always tugged at me that there is someone else in her features also as I don't subscribe to the notion of some (not necessarily here but out there), that she is the spitting image of the queen. That photo above pulls me towards Kate's sister Pippa. Kate's side has strong genes showing up in the boys and I think they are showing up in Charlotte also. I can't put my finger on it, what is reminding me of her sister, whether it is the shape of her face, her coloring, the bone structure, her eyebrows, what have you. I just don't see her as the spitting image of Queen Elizabeth and do see something of Kate's side. 

Hmm a big part of the Middleton look is a very wide mouth and toothy smile. 

article-0-18C78C2B000005DC-295_634x523.j

Charlotte IMO has the narrower mouth of a Windsor.

• Like 2

@Dani I saw that clip the other day and kept wondering why she was having so much trouble getting the sword correctly placed. She had it backwards then forwards then back again several times. I think the curve of it was throwing her off. But! she wasn't giving up without a slice!

• Laugh 5

8 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Another cute post:

I feel like there’s been a real change in their social media lately. Before it was just “The Duke visited here” or “The Duchess visited there”, but now it seems like it’s a lot more personal. Maybe they hired someone new to handle it. 

• Like 5

I can't help but think that Her Majesty using a full-sized sword to cut a cake was something she did to remind her of the late Duke of Edinburgh who would have loved to have done that sort of thing more often IMO. 

• Like 6

Thank you, mods, for giving us another chance!

• Like 9

Ascot didn't get all the really good fashion this year. I miss the over the top hats. Next year!!

I did see a shot of Anne with Tony Parker-Bowles and isn't that just like a soap opera. Anne had a fling with Camz' husband (pre marriage or during the marriage? Who knows! It was MESSY.) Then Camz has an affair with and later marries Anne's brother, but Tony and Anne are still friends. 

Happy birthday Wills.

I don't know if it's pandemic effect or what, but the Cambridges (and the Wessexes) have gotten a lot more casual in their photos. 

This is a great photos of Charles and Baby Wills.

E4ZCwdkWUAUNXp-?format=jpg&name=medium

I wish this would embed because Daniel at a carnival is hoot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQX8J7BA29s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Eugenie and Jack have new parent glow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWnvLtFDX9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Now this looks fun!

I love that is for the support of young artists.

Embeddable photo of Margarethe in the Greenland jumper!

Boring photo of the King of Sweden!

King Philippe in a super wrinkly suit. What's up with that?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYtGTyHM0M/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have a thing for Haakon, but the cut of this jacket looks off. It should be longer and more fitted.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYr5s4pJmX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Typo.
  • Like 6

Damn, Christian is tall. 

E4bZTTbXwAUm_uN?format=jpg&name=medium

Can we discuss how Fred is making a navy double-breasted corduroy suit jacket work? With pants the color of baby poop? And the placket of his shirt is so distressingly floppy. It should be a total turn off, but ...well, Fred.

Seriously, FIX THE PLACKET. At least. 

What is this weird ruching in Mary's mid-section?

E4AB7c3VkAYgBpt?format=jpg&name=medium 

That dress should look like a limp rag, but I love the way the skirt is flowing around her legs. (She's opening a hospice.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Can we discuss how Fred is making a navy double-breasted corduroy suit jacket work? With pants the color of baby poop? And the placket of his shirt is so distressingly floppy. It should be a total turn off, but ...well, Fred.

Fred makes everything work. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

10 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I don't know if it's pandemic effect or what, but the Cambridges (and the Wessexes) have gotten a lot more casual in their photos. 

I'm pretty sure it's the Sussex effect.

9 hours ago, Leeds said:

Of course it was Andrew who gave it to her, I guess he's trying to maintain his "mummy's favorite" status.

• Like 1

Oh this is cool. A procession of pharaohs through Cairo. Twenty-two mummies.

Link

Letizia and Felipe are having a state visit with South Korea. 

Love her muscle definition.

reyes_visita_estado_corea_20210615_09-11

Love this skirt on her.

44260809-9689289-image-a-18_162377615271

But not really into the shoes.

• Like 7

I like the shoes in with the black dress. I thought she was wearing some anklets at first then realized they are part of the shoe. 

I didn't connect it to casual but to finding a groove that works for this next stage in their family life. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Oh this is cool. A procession of pharaohs through Cairo. Twenty-two mummies.

Link

Okay, that was very cool! 

• Like 2

Interesting pic of Queen Margrethe in Greenlandic attire. It should be noted that she's visited the autonomous territory (which is still technically within the Kingdom of Denmark) many times since she was a Crown Princess- likely seeing more of its settlements than most of the inhabitants. To this day no two settlements or towns have linking roads to each other but folks must venture to other places via airplane or boat (and there is that    icecap  to contend with  that takes up most of the land makes roadbuilding a challenge  ). Oh, and Greenland is about 50 times larger than Denmark itself but has a population of roughly 56,000 people so it's somewhat less densely populated than Her Majesty's homeland.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

32 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Kate goes casual today in a visit to a Museum of Natural History:

immay41.jpg

I get wanting to change things up every now and then, but Kate needs to stick to the skinny jeans.  Ankle length mom jeans are not a good look for anyone.  

• Laugh 2

42 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I get wanting to change things up every now and then, but Kate needs to stick to the skinny jeans.  Ankle length mom jeans are not a good look for anyone.  

I didn't even notice the jeans because I was stuck on the abomination of stretch ribbed cuffs on that jacket. Kill that thing with fire!

• Laugh 4

3 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I didn't even notice the jeans because I was stuck on the abomination of stretch ribbed cuffs on that jacket. Kill that thing with fire!

That blazer is from Chloe and costs between $1500 and $2500, depending on where you buy it.  What. The. Hell.  It's hideous in a multitude of ways.  

That blazer and those awful mom jeans...and she still looks beautiful.  She's so damn irritating.  🤣  *insert Lisa Rinna cackle here*

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

46 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

That blazer is from Chloe and costs between $1500 and $2500, depending on where you buy it.  What. The. Hell.  It's hideous in a multitude of ways.  

That blazer and those awful mom jeans...and she still looks beautiful.  She's so damn irritating.  🤣  *insert Lisa Rinna cackle here*

That jacket has an elastic waistband! I am recoiling in horror. And it’s peach.

LOOK AT IT.

Kate-Students-Children-Nat-History-Museu

That thing is vile, and yes, she still looks good. It makes me snarly.

I understand the jeans because who wants to sit like this in skinny jeans.

E4f6ccGWQAA6yc0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Still, they are super ugly. That outfit comes off greater than the sum of its hideous parts.

Chaz is looking snazzy.

E4fXezZXwAECDyg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I love this photo of Camz.

E4fqEynXEBEcntb?format=jpg&name=large

Other than the Brits, only the Serbian royals are coming across my feed today. Maybe I should do a dive into them, but shallowly, I haven’t noticed any hotness there.

Come on Maxima and Letizia, Kate has thrown down the ugly jacket gauntlet. Pick it up!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

LOOK AT IT.

I DON'T WANT TO.  It hurts my eyes.  

She has too much money and too much *everything else* to wear such a fug outfit.  I'm not angry, I'm just very disappointed. 

• Like 3

I like the jacket!  It's kind of a coral/salmon color and I like the fact that it's not just a standard jacket.  I even like the cuffs and the waistband!  😄  I do agree that the jeans should have been longer.  I'm OK with the fit, but they needed to brush her shoe tops.

Both Charles and Camilla look great in those photos.  Very stylin'

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

I DON'T WANT TO.  It hurts my eyes.  

She has too much money and too much *everything else* to wear such a fug outfit.  I'm not angry, I'm just very disappointed. 

I’m sorry. I should have put those in spoiler tags or something. That jacket. Those jeans. So awful. 

@Frost I think it’s only Kate’s hair that makes that jacket look decent. I could have tolerated it if it were khaki. And she added a pith helmet to the outfit.

Time for a palate cleanser. Here’s Maria Teresa in McQueen. 

EKZSHnvWsAMmtq8?format=jpg&name=large

I love that jacket. The flower detailing is gorgeous, but the blouse leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

That outfit comes off greater than the sum of its hideous parts.

And that is why I think she is killing the whole look and I love it! Another person I think that could pull it off is, well two, Katie Holmes and Jennifer Garner. There is just an upper wealth grounded still sexy thing that those three have and they are able to shine in high end "Mom" clothes.

#highwaistjeansforevereightiesgirl 

eta I am Keds only for life, right now I have six different styles/colors and am eyeing a light beige color with a stripe at the store, but she makes me want to branch out a bit in the tennis shoe department. Or ten-eh shoe as it is said here. 

#KedsForevereightiesgirl

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Classic scroll down fug.

Me at first:  Ooh, a blazer!  I loooove blazers!  Ooh, and nice colour, too! 

Minding my business, as I keep scrolling down, as we do....

Current me:  STRETCH RIBBED CUFFS!!  WHAT THE??  AND chambray Mom jeans? 

200.gif.cd2387037433debf1808af935c462146.gif

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

46 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

LOOK AT IT.

I HADN'T EVEN SEEN THIS PART OF IT YET. 

F4Ib.gif.c8b98fb0050efb00a461247bf460df61.gif

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Skinny jeans are "out" according to the youths and Kate hasn't reached the "too old to care about trends" phase of life just yet. Will she abandon the side part next? j/k

Edited by Dejana
  • Like 2

Maxima is hitting back with a limp blouse Melanie Griffith could have worn in Working Girl. 

E4gNkiYX0AAJ2m2?format=jpg&name=large

Is that a drawstring neck and elastic cuffs? Horrors.

Letizia applauds.

E4LmTDiXwAQtqnt?format=jpg&name=large

That dress is a big pink nothing, and still she looks stunning.

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Frost said:

I like the jacket!  It's kind of a coral/salmon color and I like the fact that it's not just a standard jacket.  I even like the cuffs and the waistband!  😄  I do agree that the jeans should have been longer.  I'm OK with the fit, but they needed to brush her shoe tops.

Both Charles and Camilla look great in those photos.  Very stylin'

I like the jacket and the jeans are fine, they could have been longer but are hardly a crime against humanity.  

• Like 6

High waisted pants don't work on Kate because she naturally has a very long torso and one could say a low waist. Pants IMO to look good have to fit the contours of your body. She therefore looks better with low-rise jeans.

3c27dad63b43ca0c09f32edc0d66a28d.jpg

With that being said my mom is 4'11" with the world's longest torso and she says that high-waisted mom jeans are more comfortable. I think Kate dressed for comfort today. The elastic blazer told me she was going for comfort. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I could have tolerated it if it were khaki. And she added a pith helmet to the outfit.

I love explorer chic, so I would have been 100% down with that jacket had it been khaki. I like the ankle jeans but the high waist should have been covered with an untucked shirt. High waisted jeans look good on no one!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think Kate dressed for comfort today. The elastic blazer told me she was going for comfort. 

I agree.  Kate is such a pro at dressing appropriately for the occasion, no matter what the occasion is.  I really admire her for it.  Sure, she has people who help her, but Kate always looks like Kate, which is a big deal to pull off when you are seen in countless different outfits constantly.  And my feigning faux shock & horror over her blazer and jeans were totally 100% in jest and I was just hoping to make someone who needed a laugh today laugh.

• Like 5

High waisted pants look good on people with a short torso and long legs.

Basketball players usually have a short torso and long legs. Here's Russell Westbrook rocking high-waisted red jeans. 

1167439628-850x560.jpeg

• Useful 1

Pallas

The rules for posting in this topic can be found in the first post. All posters in The Royals will be held accountable to these rules.