Type keyword(s) to search

Combat Sport: Boxing, MMA, Arm Wrestling

xaxat
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I have a friend who is buying Mayweather/McGregor. I wasn't going to watch, but he has excellent taste in beer. 

That's a good enough reason to watch!

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been paying attention to what they're saying to each other. Based on what I've seen, i can't support either one. They're both as big arseholes as each other. I kind of hope they both lose, badly. Do neither of them have any dignity? Want to take the high ground? Apparently not.

To the surprise of no one, Jon Jones failed his b test, Cormier gets the belt and Jones denies that he used PEDs.

If Jones get a four year suspension, I think he's done. Not because he physically wouldn't be able to come back, but because I don't think there's any way he won't manage to screw up again during that period.

I feel kind of bad for Cormier. His whole career has been defined by Jones' inability to stay out of trouble.

I'm looking forward to Canelo/Golovkin tomorrow.

ETA. It is so good that boxing has such rigorous and consistent criteria for declaring a winner.

It's been a good week. Canelo/Golovkin and Miocic/Cormier both announced.

ETA Last night Demetrious Johnson streamed a session of EA UFC 3. Watching him enthusiastically knock out his computer game counterpart was one of the most meta things I have seen.

On 11/4/2018 at 3:44 PM, Ohwell said:

I watched the prelims and some guy was bleeding like a stuck pig and the ref wouldn't stop the fight.  I changed the channel.

I have a strong stomach, but, all that blood was so gross.

Last night's main event was epic!!!!!!! Korean Zombie should have went for the kill  and finshed the fight instead of playing along with Yair. What a crazy, last-second elbow to win. Wow.

• Love 1

The best part about Fury/Wilder is that we are now officially in a post-Klitschko world.

Those two brothers killed the heavyweight division. They wouldn't fight each other, so no title unification. Their fights were boring as hell and they almost always fought in Europe, so we never got one of those insanely hyped Vegas or MSG matches.

3 hours ago, xaxat said:

The best part about Fury/Wilder is that we are now officially in a post-Klitschko world.

Those two brothers killed the heavyweight division. They wouldn't fight each other, so no title unification. Their fights were boring as hell and they almost always fought in Europe, so we never got one of those insanely hyped Vegas or MSG matches.

Best description of Fury, "Mickey from Snatch, if Mickey were 6' 9" and weighed 270 lbs."

18 hours ago, xaxat said:

The Hagler/Leonard/Duran/Hearns era of boxing is probably the most competitive sporting era I have seen. RIP.

I watched the Hagler/Leonard fight on pay per view.  It was a split decision but I maintain to this day that Hagler won that fight.   I'll fight anyone who disputes that.  LOL

RIP. 

Fury/Wilder was a great fight. One of the few that lived up to the hype. After the first round, you could tell it wasn't going to go the distance. And even though Fury was in control for most of the fight, Wilder always had a puncher's chance.