Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
xaxat

Combat Sport: Boxing, MMA, Arm Wrestling

2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I have a friend who is buying Mayweather/McGregor. I wasn't going to watch, but he has excellent taste in beer. 

That's a good enough reason to watch!

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been paying attention to what they're saying to each other. Based on what I've seen, i can't support either one. They're both as big arseholes as each other. I kind of hope they both lose, badly. Do neither of them have any dignity? Want to take the high ground? Apparently not.

To the surprise of no one, Jon Jones failed his b test, Cormier gets the belt and Jones denies that he used PEDs.

If Jones get a four year suspension, I think he's done. Not because he physically wouldn't be able to come back, but because I don't think there's any way he won't manage to screw up again during that period.

I feel kind of bad for Cormier. His whole career has been defined by Jones' inability to stay out of trouble.

I'm looking forward to Canelo/Golovkin tomorrow.

ETA. It is so good that boxing has such rigorous and consistent criteria for declaring a winner.

It's been a good week. Canelo/Golovkin and Miocic/Cormier both announced.

ETA Last night Demetrious Johnson streamed a session of EA UFC 3. Watching him enthusiastically knock out his computer game counterpart was one of the most meta things I have seen.

Cormier made that shit look easy. Loved how he demanded Lesnar bring his belt to their upcoming fight. Hope he smashes Lesnar too.

• Like 1

I watched the prelims and some guy was bleeding like a stuck pig and the ref wouldn't stop the fight.  I changed the channel.

On 11/4/2018 at 3:44 PM, Ohwell said:

I watched the prelims and some guy was bleeding like a stuck pig and the ref wouldn't stop the fight.  I changed the channel.

I have a strong stomach, but, all that blood was so gross.

Last night's main event was epic!!!!!!! Korean Zombie should have went for the kill  and finshed the fight instead of playing along with Yair. What a crazy, last-second elbow to win. Wow.

• Like 1