Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Discussing Eboni's work at Fox News is okay; although this would best take place in her character thread.  Debating whether Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, . . . are biased or not is not show discussion.  You can debate this civilly in the Small Talk thread. 

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Discussing the "I'm going to leave my own home rather than talk anything related to politics" scene is okay.  Please do not refer to politicians not mentioned on the show or discuss your personal political beliefs, voting record or party alignment.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Agree with whoever posted above that they kept looking at their watch thinking the episode was almost over and only 5 minutes had passed. I have watched RHONY faithfully since S3 along with most of the other franchises, and last night's episode was undoubtably the most boring and unwatchable episode I think I've seen on any franchise. I appreciate what Eboni is trying to do, and yes I agree Bravo brought her on to do that, but this is just not the venue.  I would have loved to have seen a real tour of Harlem, not get a preachy history lesson.

And yeah, I didn't want politics brought up either, but all Eboni was saying at Ramona's apartment was that it was a proud moment to have the first woman VP and a woman of color, putting politics aside, but of course Ramona being Ramona, she couldn't even just agree with that because obviously her candidate lost and she was not happy. She was actually the one putting politics into it with that attitude.

I know Leah isn't going anywhere unfortunately, cause Andy loves her, but they need to at least bring Dorinda back next season to spice things up or this franchise is off my viewing list

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Ramona talking about peeling the onion was a good one.  Eboni doesn't really want others to know the real Eboni..maybe as a shield.

Can we kick Leah off and have Bershan be a housewife next season?

That would be great.  Bershan was on Wendy Williams and is perfect for a new Housewife.  She’s very likable.  BTW, I didn’t see all of Harlem last night.  All I saw was a restaurant in a basement.  I wanted to see all the old big beautiful houses.

what happened to Leah?  All of a sudden she’s a changed woman and talks sensible.  Another one I hope doesn’t come back.  Her and her Sister.

• Love 9

I have watched this show since the very first episode.  I stopped watching a couple of episodes in this time around.  I could not stand the Eboni lecturing and the Leah shit show.  I'm still reading this thread as I wanted to see how others react.  Most of the posts today are about Eboni.  I'm curious if Luann or Sonya were even on this episode as they aren't mentioned by anyone in this thread.  

• Love 11

this was god awful terrible and quite possibly the longest hour of my life.  I was so excited to see Harlem, but all we saw was a private dinner and the ladies dressed up - it could have taken place anywhere.  I know....COVID.  But really, they couldn't get some music there?  Something?  Eboni needs to chill, at the beginning of the season I was all mad a Leah for making me LIKE Ramona, now Eboni is making me like Ramona.  

None of the HW shows should have been filmed during Stay at Home.....its making me really hate each an everyone of them.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I have watched this show since the very first episode.  I stopped watching a couple of episodes in this time around.  I could not stand the Eboni lecturing and the Leah shit show.  I'm still reading this thread as I wanted to see how others react.  Most of the posts today are about Eboni.  I'm curious if Luann or Sonya were even on this episode as they aren't mentioned by anyone in this thread.  

LuAnn did a segment with her daughter discussing her sobriety which is getting boring too. It’s good she recognizes how she looks when she’s drunk, but it’s been a topic too often. 
Her and Sonja were at the Harlem dinner but didn’t have a lot to say. Eboni lectured the group until Ramona pulled the vertigo card which was probably the only good part of the last nights show.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, parrotlover said:

Agree with whoever posted above that they kept looking at their watch thinking the episode was almost over and only 5 minutes had passed. I have watched RHONY faithfully since S3 along with most of the other franchises, and last night's episode was undoubtably the most boring and unwatchable episode I think I've seen on any franchise. I appreciate what Eboni is trying to do, and yes I agree Bravo brought her on to do that, but this is just not the venue.  I would have loved to have seen a real tour of Harlem, not get a preachy history lesson.

And yeah, I didn't want politics brought up either, but all Eboni was saying at Ramona's apartment was that it was a proud moment to have the first woman VP and a woman of color, putting politics aside, but of course Ramona being Ramona, she couldn't even just agree with that because obviously her candidate lost and she was not happy. She was actually the one putting politics into it with that attitude.

I know Leah isn't going anywhere unfortunately, cause Andy loves her, but they need to at least bring Dorinda back next season to spice things up or this franchise is off my viewing list

FWIW, Andy seemed to love Braunwin, or whatever her name is, on OC, but she was fired after her second season. As awful as she was, Leah is worse, so maybe there is hope?

• Love 20
(edited)

I too must say, Team Ramona. If I want constant lectures on race, I will turn on a Cable news station that Eboni did NOT work for. I do not watch any of the Housewives shows for lectures on race. The subject has certainly come up on Beverly Hills, and I haven't minded it at all. But, it is not the main focus of every episode. I can enjoy these shows without agreeing with all of the views of the women.   Ramona may be an idiot but, after all these years, she's our idiot. I honestly don't think she is mean spirited, she is just clueless. Team Ramona. Team Lu. They can dump the rest and start over.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That's just real life. And more real for some  people than others (not insulated by wealth and whiteness, Ramona!).  The fact that the cast of RHONY as a reality show thought they could conveniently not discuss the election is sort of priveledge in itself. "We don't talk about certain things in our circles" type attitude. Reality bites and hey it is ok to discuss what's going on around us. I don't see it as politics. Calling it politics, Ramona is just another way to not talk about uncomfortable things we don't want to address.

Preach. (Poor choice of word? Haha)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Erh3d said:

Oh my god, this show is unwatchable now.

You said it.  I've been in since Day One of this show.  It's no longer enjoyable.  I tuned in last night after the show was underway, during the conversation (which was probably loud and in a public place) about four-inch penises.  I watched for about two minutes and turned it off.  If a bunch of men were sitting around talking in graphic detail about female genitalia, most of us would be justifiably outraged. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

So we leave it out and just enjoy each other for who we are. I thought that was all Ramona was trying to do and Eboni just kept pushing her.

This is where I think Eboni will wear on people quickly, I like her being in the mix but I am hoping that she can bring something more to the table than topical controversy, it is exhausting to be around someone who only lectures or tries to "show you the way."  Leah has done this for her entire time on the show and we are all tired of her doing the same thing.  

Eboni's dinner in Harlem started off really good, I liked how she introduced each famous person to the HW's, a little history that was germain to the evening...the candles were nice, she made it nice.  I get she felt a certain way when Barshan minimized Eboni's attempt to put a spotlight on the Black men and women's accomplishments that the HW's might not have known.  Did she feel betrayed because of the "we are all the same," comment from a fellow black woman? I would think so, so much for a united front.  Will we see a war between Eboni and Barshan?  

Petty stuff but I really hate everything Leah wears (even the fabrics), except for her outfit at the dinner, Ramona is awkward per usual with Eboni at her apartment, her weird physical closeness to Eboni  after they pseudo apologized made me cringe.  Let's be real, there is no friendship there, nothing in common but the fact they are on the same show, it looks forced.  On a personal note, I have experienced vertigo a few times, it is horrible and mezcline is the only thing that helps other than the Eply manuever which I have tried to self administer but failed...I could not sit up let alone get out of bed to get dressed, hair and makeup done and gotten in a car to head anywhere, Ramona is fooling no one.

Why would Ramona be anything but thrilled that we have a woman VP, no matter what side of the aisle you are on it is a pretty cool thing, it is a shame she spazzed out about that very non political topic...isn't Ramona the one that always says how she tries to uplift women?  

I do not need to see Lu crying about her past drinking and how much better she feels now, dragging her daughter in to it did not endear me to her at all.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Leah needed to hire a consultant for High School?  Whaaa??  Who knew that was a thing?  And am I wrong, or is that the very definition of White Privelege?

RHOOC Shannon Beador hired a consultant to help her daughter get into a particular college but a consultant for High School seems a bit ridiculous.   Besides, I thought Leah was all pro public school/mingle with the masses etc. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Thank you.  I get so sick of the misuse of "gaslighting."

What came to my mind when Eboni was making this point, and Ramona's reaction, is what if in 2008, the other candidate had won?  I think there would have been a lot of people, including plenty of women, who might not have been thrilled that we now had a woman VP--or maybe more to the point, that particular woman VP. 

Women are not a monolith.  😀

I'm starting to just hate the term "gaslighting" beyond its improper use!

I said the same thing about 2008!  

• Love 10

The Harlem trip was really affected by Covid.  Being in a speakeasy with just your castmates and a few friends doesn't exactly give any insight into the experience.  It's like going to a concert at a stadium with only a few people.  Not exactly the sense of the crowd that would be there.  

With that said, I'm not sure how going to the only remaining speakeasy in Harlem was meant to educate the women about that area.  Harlem has been through many changes over the years.  I cannot say that I know it at all well, but I do know it's not all speakeasys and bootleggers.  Was anyone carrying a machine gun in a violin case? 

I didn't mind Eboni doing some history by assigning the historical figures to each of the women, but Leah as James Baldwin?  Give me a minute.  I'm going to have to catch my breath after laughing so hard I almost vomited.  Although vomiting could also be an appropriate reaction.  Just no.  

Luann talking to her daughter about drinking - someone wake me up.  Soooooooooo boring.

Both Eboni and Ramona were rude at Ramona's house.  Eboni because she would not let the topic go.  The host said she did not want to discuss it.  Unless it's a matter of life or death (hey Ramona, your kitchen is on fire!), you let it drop even if you feel it's important.  Ramona needs a better answer than simply I don't want to talk politics since she will call anything politics.  There are many gracious ways out of the conversation.  Of course gracious and Ramona rarely go hand in hand.  

• Love 9
(edited)
12 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Bershan is adorable, and seems like such a fun gal.  Hope to see more of her!

Leah needed to hire a consultant for High School?  Whaaa??  Who knew that was a thing?  And am I wrong, or is that the very definition of White Privelege?

Having just watched a documentary (well I use that term lightly) about the Varsity Blues College Admissions scandal, I found that really funny.  These rich people hire "consultants" to help them get their kids into prestigious colleges which is basically just like lying on forms, pretending to be minority races, taking photos in your pool and photoshopping them playing complicated sports!  And paying Stanford hundreds of thousands of dollars under the table.  I assume Leah wanted to film this to show that she's doing this on the up and up?  But I find that so.................... ugh.  I don't know.  I'd rather not have that shoved in my face especially after Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman were caught so publicly doing it in a very negative and disgusting way.  It's weird that Leah wants everyone to know she's hired a consultant for getting her kid into high school.  This is pretty much the opposite of "woke" it feels very elitist and weird.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Leah needs to quit kissing her ass. What did she say “I love discussing race with my black friends “ what a pandering stupid thing to say. 

OMG, I forgot that moment. It was amazing. LOL!

3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Also, does Leah think she's an honorary black person?   

Worse. She thinks she's a white person black people recognize as superior. She is the James Baldwin of white people.

2 hours ago, parrotlover said:

Agree with whoever posted above that they kept looking at their watch thinking the episode was almost over and only 5 minutes had passed.

It was like being at that dinner party. Everybody keeps thinking the food is about to be served, but no, the lecture isn't done.

16 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What came to my mind when Eboni was making this point, and Ramona's reaction, is what if in 2008, the other candidate had won?  I think there would have been a lot of people, including plenty of women, who might not have been thrilled that we now had a woman VP--or maybe more to the point, that particular woman VP. 

Women are not a monolith.  😀

I was thinking exactly that too--but also that it showed how Ramona's position was slightly different. I'm sure plenty of women, had we had a woman vp in 2008, would have said their feelings were complicated, that they were happy about the idea in the abstract but also reasons why they could not celebrate that particular vp and that's fine--feminism doesn't mind you have to support every woman in every situation. Ramona did not want to say she was unhappy about the outcome of the election on camera, but for some reason didn't want to take the neutral out of just saying "Yes, let's hope she's the first of many" or whatever. I think she maybe thought she saw an opening to voice her opinions without talking about her vote with the mail-in ballots line, but backed off. 

Not that Ramona has to tell anybody who she voted for, much less on TV. Whatever Eboni was trying to do with her in that scene seemed pretty shallow. It really sometimes seems like she's more interested in getting to say she's passionate about this stuff than really being passionate about it. 

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Eboni's politics are identity politics. She hasn't said a single word about the qualifications or the record of the vice president. She has only talked about her gender and the color of her skin. (quoting you for context)

5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Whatever Eboni was trying to do with her in that scene seemed pretty shallow. It really sometimes seems like she's more interested in getting to say she's passionate about this stuff than really being passionate about it. 

I agree.

• Love 21
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Eboni's politics are identity politics. She hasn't said a single word about the qualifications or the record of the vice president. She has only talked about her gender and the color of her skin. (quoting you for conte

Because those were both the historic firsts that someone might be willing to acknowledge as progress even if they didn’t like the person’s politics.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16

The main thing I noticed about Ramona's apartment (and Lu's too) is how rental white they looked.  Is that a thing - white walls with all white furniture etc?  Ramona's old apartments were lovely.  Is she having money troubles?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because those were both the historic firsts that someone might be willing to acknowledge as progress even if they didn’t like the person’s politics.

If Ramona doesn't think the vice president is the best person for the job, she isn't going to agree with her guest that it is progress, and she shouldn't have to. Her house, her boundaries. Sis Magpie said it above - feminism doesn't mean you have to support every woman in every situation. 

• Love 15
(edited)
15 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If Ramona doesn't think the vice president is the best person for the job, she isn't going to agree with her guest that it is progress, and she shouldn't have to. Her house, her boundaries. Sis Magpie said it above - feminism doesn't mean you have to support every woman in every situation. 

As @sistermagpie also noted acknowledging historic firsts isn’t supporting the person and there are many ways to do it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

The main thing I noticed about Ramona's apartment (and Lu's too) is how rental white they looked.  Is that a thing - white walls with all white furniture etc?  Ramona's old apartments were lovely.  Is she having money troubles?

I agree - lots of white on white. But no, I don't think she's having money troubles. She got Southampton in the divorce and they sold the marital apartment. Southampton is her primary address. I suspect, like Lu, she rents a pied-à-terre to keep one foot in the city. And for filming.

• Love 9

Shockingly, I thought Leah gave Eboni some good advice at their dinner.  Namely, if you're going to browbeat & lecture everyone so that they're afraid to say the wrong thing, then they going to stay silent and avoid you.  

I'm saddened because adding Eboni to the show could've been a great opportunity to A) learn more about her, and B) have the ladies learn more about the world at large and their own privilege. I would've loved to see them actually interact and share experiences.  Instead, Eboni appears to only care about talking, being right, and smirking at everyones' perceived flaws & faux pas. 

As others have mentioned, it's heavy handed and exhausting to watch.  Reality TV in general (especially the RHs) is intended to be entertaining.  They aren't documentaries. The world is painful enough, where's our escapism?

• Love 21

Ramona was right to leave and should have asked Eboni to leave.

Eboni is as boring and one note as the idiot who could only talk about bedazzling her vajayjay. 

Hopefully she is one and done.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

RHOOC Shannon Beador hired a consultant to help her daughter get into a particular college but a consultant for High School seems a bit ridiculous.   Besides, I thought Leah was all pro public school/mingle with the masses etc. 

I think that there may even be NYC consultants to assist with getting kids into the super-elite pre-schools, so I wasn't surprised about the high school admissions consultant.  

What did surprise me was that Leah, that super "woke" liberal, uber-cool, downtown chic who does nothing but trash her fellow UES cast members and their sense of entitlement and elitism is doing the SAME exact thing those other cast members probably did with their children.  I agree with you - why isn't public school good enough for Kier?  There are a ton of charter schools in NY that are focused on different styles of learning - I'm sure she could find one that suits her.  

I've been out of the school loop for a number of years - what exactly is "project based learning" as opposed to any other types of schooling?  Is that actually a thing?  I'm very confused.

Leah is her own worst enemy.  She insults the other ladies for having an upscale lifestyle and all that goes with it, but she is essentially living the same life, on a smaller/lower income scale, just in a different zip code.  I wonder if, in her neighborhood, Leah is considered the "elitist".  Something tells me that Leah isn't as hip, cool and "woke" as she pretends to be.

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Feech said:

Ramona doesn’t have to celebrate someone who she thinks will be a disaster in office.

As has been said before do it all I really think Eboni and Leah and the woke brigade would have celebrated Sarah Palin.

No they wouldn’t have and to pretend that they would is just ridiculous.

I imagine if it were a different candidate a different woman would be all to happy to say having Palin be the first female vp was disappointing because it was a great step forward to finally have a woman vp. Ramona absolutely does not want to talk about politics, but not in a resentful, rather than disinterested way. As unlucky as she was to be facing Eboni's volley of sometimes inaccurate buzzwords, she was luckier dealing with Eboni over somebody who really wanted to challenge her politics.** 

** ETA: Meaning she'd have probably felt put more on the spot and been more uncomfortable/defensive.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

but she is essentially living the same life, on a smaller/lower income scale, just in a different zip code.

And she is keeping up with the stereotypical aesthetic of physical appearance too - not with the clothes, but hair/face/body. I think she is an attractive woman but the clothes and personality ruin it.

Kier is a beautiful girl, especially for a young teenager. She doesn't have any of that awkward teenager look. 

• Love 6

Eboni, nagging someone over and over to do what you want, or think like you want, will normally make that person stop listening and completely turn off to your ideas and suggestions.  Just try to educate your future husband and kids using your methods. Lol, they'll be out the door so fast your head will spin.   I'm already seeing my younger relatives turn off to the the constant teaching sessions everyone is trying to preach over and over.  All of these kids had empathy and understanding for social issues,  because they are decent, feeling human beings.  Now, when conversations keep coming up about social issues during their ball games, their day camps,  their favorite tv shows etc, I see them looking away and losing interest.  The messages have no meaning now because they have become too routine.   BTW, my family is very mixed and they all feel the same way.  

I don't care how Ramona voted.  We have all seen what happened to business owners that supported the "wrong" candidate.   Bad reviews against that person or business were very common in the last few years.   People have lost their damn minds.  Although, this isn't the first time politics have been discussed on RHONY.  Carole tried hard to go there too.  It didn't end well for her, and Eboni is much, much worse on the show.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Ramona talking about peeling the onion was a good one.  Eboni doesn't really want others to know the real Eboni..maybe as a shield.

Can we kick Leah off and have Bershan be a housewife next season?

I’m wondering what kind of man was engaged to Ebony, and why they broke up.  She looks the type that just doesn’t shut up.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Ramona did not want to say she was unhappy about the outcome of the election on camera, but for some reason didn't want to take the neutral out of just saying "Yes, let's hope she's the first of many" or whatever. I think she maybe thought she saw an opening to voice her opinions without talking about her vote with the mail-in ballots line, but backed off.

It's possible she lacks some social finesse, and the neutral out just didn't occur to her.  I think your "Let's hope she's the first of many" is the perfect response, and I never would have thought it up myself if I'd been in her shoes.  So maybe I'm just projecting.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's possible she lacks some social finesse, and the neutral out just didn't occur to her.  I think your "Let's hope she's the first of many" is the perfect response, and I never would have thought it up myself if I'd been in her shoes.  So maybe I'm just projecting.

Could definitely be that--I felt like her emotions in the scene were real and her reactions pretty honest, even if she didn't want to explain all of them.

• Love 9

Maybe Ramona was just exhausted about politics in general and just wanted to talk about “anything else” with Eboni, such as sharing personal storing of dating, working, places to travel to ….

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

I’m wondering what kind of man was engaged to Ebony, and why they broke up.  She looks the type that just doesn’t shut up.

I think the guy who broke up with Eboni is a very, very lucky guy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Folks,

Please do not reference ANY political candidates in the thread.  This includes mentioning the election they participated in even if you do not name the candidate.  You can discuss your thoughts on housewives supporting the idea of female candidates with whom they may not agree politically or consider a good candidate without those references. 

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums. 

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Something tells me that Leah isn't as hip, cool and "woke" as she pretends to be.

Leah herself tells us that she isn't as hip, cool and "woke" as she pretends to be. By her actions and her words.  Every. Single. Episode. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Also, does Leah think she's an honorary black person?   

I was reading about how people like her talk on social media addressing “Fellow white women.”  

It serves two purposes: It identifies the writer as a white woman, but also sets her apart. She is an exceptional white woman, one who is battling white supremacy by educating others.

5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Heather crawled to freedom through five-hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want too. Five-Hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

FEEF10EF-3B5F-4528-9237-9B8046F26311.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I was suffering from secondhand embarrassment throughout Eboni's entire presentation. It's like she didn't get the memo that this show is supposed to be fun!

Eboni is clearly intelligent and has also shown she has a sense of humor. I am hoping this Maslow's Hammer trajectory she appears to be following is a result of the 2020 climate at the time of filming combined with influential direction from production.  The Harlem dinner went way over the top. Eboni claimed a desire to introduce them to Harlem.  Talking about the restaurant location and history would have sufficed.  There was no need for the biography lessons which were presented in such a way I would not have been surprised if there was a pop quiz to follow.  

31 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

The messages have no meaning now because they have become too routine.

Truth to that. By the fall of 2020 most people with any interest in current affairs had been inundated with messages on a daily basis concerning race, politics and Covid.  If I were the other cast members I think I would have been looking forward to the break from all of that when filming began with the expectation that the basic format would not have changed from earlier seasons.  Suddenly every scene with the newest cast member becomes a teachable moment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11