Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Not So Silent Partners

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Modern medicine is so amazing. Angela has gastric surgery, but it's Michael who loses 273 pounds of ugly fat! Go figure.

I may have to stop watching this franchise. There are too many seriously criminal and abusive people here, and watching them makes me feel complicit. Plus, Pillow Talk is no longer fun when the clowns on the couch yuk it up as monsters like Angela abuse their Third World hostages. I've possibly reached my limit.

I don't think I can watch the show anymore. Too much anger, too much conflict, just not enjoyable.  I don't sympathize or agree with anybody on this show:

Andrei is a jerk, But Libby's family  are all the jerks.

Angela's horrible. but goodness knows what Michael of doing.

I think Michael married the Ukrainian, so he could stay on the show and pay off his $30,000 debt. He is such a jerky momma's boy.

I think kalani married Asuela because he was bigger than her.  The only thing they have in common are the 2 kids. 

II don't like any of these people. And for a show to be successful they have to have SOME likable people on it.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 14
57 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

On Pillow Talk last night, he said that he experienced it at a Tell-All.  I thought he referring to when she went off on Avery (Omar) and him for refusing to shake Jesse's hand at a Before the 90 Days tell-all  She demanded that Avery respect her because she's a grandmother of 6.  At another point, onstage, Rebecca had to physically block Angela from going after Avery and her mother.  The entire tell-all cast refused to film with Angela after that, and TLC edited away that Angela hit Avery's mother, chest-bumped Rebecca and flipped over a table.  And, of course, now every tell-all includes a violent confrontation by Angela.

Angela is heinous.

26694-l.jpg

Rebecca looked alot better in that picture than now.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I don't think I can watch the show anymore. Too much anger, too much conflict, just not enjoyable.  I don't sympathize or agree with anybody on this show:

Andrei is a jerk, But Libby's family  are all the jerks.

Angela's horrible. but goodness knows what Michael of doing.

I think Michael married the Ukrainian, so he could stay on the show and pay off his $30,000 debt. He is such a jerky momma's boy.

I think kalani married Asuela because he was bigger than her.  The only thing they have in common are the 2 kids. 

II don't like any of these people. And for a show to be successful they have to have SOME likable people on it.

So true on all counts.  I say I won’t watch, but comes Sunday night ...

• LOL 5
21 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I work at a pet store.  Rats are amazing pets, lots of people have them as pets.  They are clean, funny, cuddly. 
I thought it was funny, how Yara talked to Gwen. And it all worked out in the end. 

I had a rat in high school that looked just like Natalie's. She was so sweet and cute, and so smart! She escaped every habitat I put her in.

I agree, I think Gwen gave as good as she got. I bet off-camera these two have a nice rapport.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

As a native New Yorker, I beg that we revisit this subject after you’ve dodge rats that are the size of cats on a subway and/or the platform. 

Hi Adeejay.  I TOO AM a born-and-bred native New Yorker (UWS) and ADORE my hometown.    (And, yes, I've seen some 'scary looking' rodents ---covens lurking especially at 34th St & Penn Station. 🐈)  That said....for sure, I've no doubt that even the buildings occupied by the RHONYC have weekly Mgmt. contracts with professional exterminators!!  😁 (MY building has , but so far I've encountered only mousies.  Eeeek!  (Cute in a pet shop - but NOT scurrying down the hall!  😨 )  "NY NY, IT'S A HELLUVA TOWN!"  😘

• Love 3
(edited)

SMH. Tiffany putting those kids on a 15(?) hour plane ride during some of the worst months of COVID? No masks on anyone in the SA airport when they were in the restroom. I think it is telling that the kids were put at risk while she did her makeup. Get them out of that airport ! Screw your makeup .  Girl. Come on. Think ! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 13

It's amazing how quickly you can go through the show without commercials!

Yara and Jovi: Little Miss Independent really isn't that, or wasn't this episode. So life didn't turn out how you hoped it would. You have a baby you didn't plan, a husband who has been gone longer than usual because of Covid.  You most likely wanted a honeymoon for a year or so - weekends away, travelling with your husband, having fun, shopping, having a good time. You want him there 24/7 to take care of you. You signed up for this life. I am only sympathetic because you are alone with a young baby. Jovi's mom has been very good to you and is around when you need her. Both of you rightfully snapped at the other. A lot of women would trade places with you. Maybe she finally saw something when she was sick and that no, she can't do things alone and has to learn to rely on others for help.

Mike and Natalie: At this point, they are not going to talk or communicate without any sort of mediator or qualified marriage therapist. Rats do leave the sinking ship. Maybe there is footage of Trish calling Natalie a hooker, maybe she misunderstood. No one here really comes out good. Seems like Mike just wanted the paycheque and brought Natalie over knowing he wanted to get back at her for throwing the ring at him. End it, don't string someone along. Karma is real and he will get a double dose and more.

The Family Libby: Hello RV of destruction and dysfunction. The folks should stay far away from each other. Petty jealousies, anger issues, and let's all smack each other. Maybe the reunion will be on a farm and they can all get down in the pig pen and fling some mud. No, that will be Brandon and Julia. Chuck did have a good seat for the 7 or 8 hour drive to Maryland. Hope they all have separate hotel rooms.

Kalani and Asuelu: So, Asuelu, how do you think that your behavior since your married Kalani has been good? You have acted like a toddler more than a husband. Your wife has spoken to you several times, her dad had a man to toddler conversation with you, you struggle to communicate with your wife about your needs, her needs. You and Kalani have very different ideas of what a relationship and marriage is. Time for you to step up. She should not have told you about the divorce chat with the lawyer. Maybe you will get the lightbulb over your head and start to work on yourself and improving things. Otherwise there will be a divorce. You are comfortable being 'married' and doing what you want. And of course you want it to be forever. Throwing the rock is a nice symbolic gesture, and maybe the divorce scare will make you think about things and make some improvements. Otherwise, the bell or the corned beef can tolls for this relationship.

Angela and Mykull: Ange, you may be forced to adopt a new lifestyle and eating habits, but your grandkids don't. Yeah, an occasional smoothie is fine. Spinach has some protein but you will need to drink a lot of it. And grape jelly is not a good idea. Of course you miss your fizzy drinks. Going to some tech dude to find a way to track the movements of your Nigerian husband? You can't do that unless it is done illegally and you can be in a whole lot of trouble. And your husband will walk out on you. Everything that you can't control is Mykull's fault.  Whether he is doing something nefarious, or has a side piece or whatever, is not your business at this time. It's horrible for you to control his every move. If he doesn't answer his phone within two seconds, he has a side piece. It is your own stuff that is causing you to blame him for everything. Now that you have a new body in progress, you are losing control. Mykull is tired of being a punching bag for your abuse. He isn't the same man any more now that you married him. He's always been the same man. You just see him through a different filter. It infuriated you when he told you he wasn't going to beg to be in your life. He wasn't with the usual program of bowing to Queen Angela. Maybe you will threaten divorce papers to get your way and use your sweet Southern charm. Ugh. Hope your new body will get you other opportunities and maybe Baby Girl's other 49 mens will afford you someone suitable.

• Love 12

My daughter was here Sunday night and watched a bit of the show with me. (She only lasted a few minutes.) She knows nothing about any of the cast, but immediately pegged Mike as a gaslighter. 

When Trish brought up the “baby business” at Thanksgiving, I wish Natalie had said, “Thanks for reminding me, I’m at my peak right now, come on, Mike...” and left the table. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

Jenn is divorced from a DJ rapper  local radio personality.

Every local radio personality I've had the misfortune to meet has been a loud, attention hogging, crude jerk. (Except Darrell Martinie, the Cosmic Muffin). Even such as he could not hack being in the midst of Family Libby. Speaks volumes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don't blame Yara. It's hard staying at someone's house for an extended visit. I lived with my in-laws abroad one summer and I thought I was going to die. I missed having my own space. And even the most well meaning MIL can be trying. Mine came and stayed for 3 weeks after our oldest was born. She was a big help, and I appreciated her, but there was constant judgment. I found myself like, "Look, I appreciate you taking him so that I can nap and recover but back off, lady" once an hour.

Yara wasn't wrong with wanting to go home; Gwen wasn't wrong in wanting her to stay. They worked it out, good for them. 

I also got Yara's breakdown over the phone to Jovi. I had COVID a year ago and even though I didn't have to be hospitalized, I thought I was dying. I'm not generally a Yara stan, but I cut her some slack. There are 4 things that can cause major stress to a person: New baby, new move, bad illness, and job loss. She had 3 out of 4 during a pandemic. 

• Love 14
(edited)
12 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Hi Adeejay.  I TOO AM a born-and-bred native New Yorker (UWS) and ADORE my hometown.    (And, yes, I've seen some 'scary looking' rodents ---covens lurking especially at 34th St & Penn Station. 🐈)  That said....for sure, I've no doubt that even the buildings occupied by the RHONYC have weekly Mgmt. contracts with professional exterminators!!  😁 (MY building has , but so far I've encountered only mousies.  Eeeek!  (Cute in a pet shop - but NOT scurrying down the hall!  😨 )  "NY NY, IT'S A HELLUVA TOWN!"  😘

Me too.  I worked at Con Ed 14 th St.  we used to eat lunch in Union Square Park and there were all sorts of creatures scurrying around like you were intruding at their home.  Loved everything about the town .. still do. 🗽

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I agree, I think Gwen gave as good as she got. I bet off-camera these two have a nice rapport.

I think so, too.  

The little smiles and laughs they exchange, not to mention the way they imitate each other, tells me there is genuine affection between Gwen and Yara.  

12 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Damn, can someone give Angela a snickers or an exorcism!

She has gone over the edge; and it is not entertaining.

I suspect she was deliberately over-talking him with the screaming and expletives to ensure he never got a chance to get a word in edgewise.  Even the IT dude (who was GOLD) said he never heard Michael's voice during that entire call.  

Maybe she was afraid if she stopped to take a breath, Michael would have said, "What are you talking about?  I just talked to you yesterday!"  

And really, calling him an "ugly" son of a bitch was just a personal, low and unnecessary comment, as were the penis comments.  

If she wants to berate his alleged behavior or lack of caring, that's on a different level than going for a gut punch with the way-too-personal insults.  

I hope Michael has figured out that he's overstayed his welcome at Hotel Grangela.   

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13
On 6/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, mamadrama said:

So, um, about this scene...The rat isn't the only rodent in the house. (I've circled the...rat.)

rat.png.1527edecdbfd2dd414deed8de623acd6.png

Mike must collect toy cars like Trish collects pigs. The messy bottom shelf looks like it's full of unopened bills. Both rats just creep me out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Big Bully Ange probably has an abscess that prevents her wearing a denture. Either that or a massive ugly cold sore.

That's interesting because I couldn't figure out why she would need to wear a mask because she has an abscess.  I do wonder if air getting on an abscess might hurt, but she could avoid that by not opening her mouth (hurrah!!!) instead of wearing a loose mask that's still going to let air in.

The denture thing makes sense.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:52 PM, Meowwww said:

I work at a pet store.  Rats are amazing pets, lots of people have them as pets.  They are clean, funny, cuddly.

I read that you can train them to do tricks.  That would be awesome, if rodents of all types didn't creep me out so much.

About 25 years ago, I was in NYC sitting at a red light in Alphabet City after dark.  A little boy apparently had gone to the store to buy a loaf of bread, and was swinging it as he crossed the street across the intersection from me.  I just kind of lazily watched him bounce along, and then a few seconds later saw an enormous rat following right behind him.  Aah, New York City.

19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope Ronald installs a window in Daniel’s,room. A pitch black room is scary for most people. kids, especially. And it is a fire hazard when there is no escape from it.

I have vowed that if I'm ever dealing with building codes and thinking, "This is ridiculous," I'm going to remind myself why they have to have building codes.  When I saw him saying he was going to make Daniel his own room by putting up some drywall, I shuddered.

And...how about doing this remodeling more than a day before their arrival, so the paint smell can dissipate a bit? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Angel is an awful person.......we all pretty much agree to that.  But Mykull is finally pushing back because she has broke him.  She has pushed him too much.  Acting all concerned that he will be against her surgeries, only to blow up when he is was telling.  She is used to getting her way with him and I think the surgery was the last straw.  He was concerned about her health he said it many times when she facetimed him with the doctors.  SHE is the one that made it all about the boobs not him.  

Run Mykull.

• Love 9
(edited)
14 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

When I saw him saying he was going to make Daniel his own room by putting up some drywall, I shuddered.

And...how about doing this remodeling more than a day before their arrival, so the paint smell can dissipate a bit? 

Honestly, I FF the Tiffany/Ronald scenes now, because I hate seeing those 2 beautiful kids being subjected to these horrible parents. It’s depressing.

Now, the train wreck of Natalie & Mike is an entertaining hot mess I can enjoy without small children being toyed with. Only rats.

No sympathy for Yara nor Jovi. Wear a condom for fuck sake if you’re not ready for a baby.  She’s here now, so suck it up. 

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 12
On 6/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, ExMathMajor said:

I too watched it on D+ and I'm going to add to your words if that's okay:

I. Cannot. STAND. Angela. If she wanted an overgrown black boy with a big black dick she could have gotten one here. (Wonder why she didn't? Do NOT get me started...)

Yara, you knew who you were marrying. Your getting pregnant had nothing to do with that. He had 9+ months to get a new job and he didn't, so grow a pair and STFU already.

I'm convinced Natalie is certifiable. I'd love to hear what Dr. Kirk (Psychology in Seattle on YouTube) has to say. Unfortunately his videos tend to be really long and I don't usually have the time to watch them.

Ronald, all I'm going to say is: good luck with that. (When this show airs, y'all will understand.)

Ronald is SCARILY abusive.  All I could think of after hearing him repeatedly say things about once Tiffany and kids are there he's not letting them leave, and/or he'll make them do this and that, was that I hope Tiffany develops last minute gut instincts and cancels this trip as well, because she's about to enter a lion's den if she does go through with the trip.

Unfortunately she did go through with it, and now I'm wondering and worried for her as to how she is going to ultimately get out of South Africa and get home again.  Who knows what diabolical plans Ronald has for them all.  Maybe he's even consulted with a marital attorney regarding his parental rights re his daughter (I can't remember the kid's name).  If he did, his parents probably paid for it because he looks to me like he's still a loser deadbeat with not much money.

His last minute building of a room for Daniel, and all the paint fumes the kid will have to endure upon arrival and staying there was beyond ridiculous.  He thinks that will make him "Father of the Year"?  No chance in hell of that.  There was clearly no advance thought as to this project and the housing of Daniel.  Someone probably mentioned to him at the last minute that if he wants to motivate Daniel to want to stay and Tiffany to let them all stay that Daniel will need/deserves his own room.  I don't see that thought ever having crossed his narrow mind without it being planted there by someone else.

The only nice thing I have to say about Ronald and Family Ronald is that they ALL seem to think of and treat Daniel as a member of their family (son AND grandson), and not merely Tiffany's son by a former man.

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Angel is an awful person.......we all pretty much agree to that.  But Mykull is finally pushing back because she has broke him. 

Anyone would break if you had a 250 lb. stink bomb screaming at you at 2:00 am. I bet he doesn't call her at 2:00 am?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's interesting because I couldn't figure out why she would need to wear a mask because she has an abscess.  I do wonder if air getting on an abscess might hurt, but she could avoid that by not opening her mouth (hurrah!!!) instead of wearing a loose mask that's still going to let air in.

The denture thing makes sense.

I read that you can train them to do tricks.  That would be awesome, if rodents of all types didn't creep me out so much.

About 25 years ago, I was in NYC sitting at a red light in Alphabet City after dark.  A little boy apparently had gone to the store to buy a loaf of bread, and was swinging it as he crossed the street across the intersection from me.  I just kind of lazily watched him bounce along, and then a few seconds later saw an enormous rat following right behind him.  Aah, New York City.

I have vowed that if I'm ever dealing with building codes and thinking, "This is ridiculous," I'm going to remind myself why they have to have building codes.  When I saw him saying he was going to make Daniel his own room by putting up some drywall, I shuddered.

Did he even put in an outlet for a lamp? It is a windowless room, no ventilation/hvac with a cement floor, I am guessing there might be a building code violation or two since this was a slap dash job by an unlicensed person.  

I know Raw-nold does not own that property, do we think the actual owner is cool with having a room constructed on their property?

• Love 8
On 6/19/2021 at 6:52 PM, renatae said:

In the preview for the new Plus  series, "Diaries," Tom's (gag) new girlfriend must want to win the cosmetic surgery award. Poor thing looks like the masked character from "V is for Vendetta." I've honestly never seen anyone with a more plasticky looking face.

Nothing intriguing about that new series that I can tell. Glad I don't have Plus.

Screenshot_20210621-041811_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-042145_Google.jpg

OMG.  She looks like the sister of the human Ken doll famously bad plastic surgery guy!image.png.80167109e8186b5a0beb5dbfb72e767d.png

Tom's girlfriend.jpg

• Love 3
On 6/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, Meowwww said:

I thought it was funny, how Yara talked to Gwen. And it all worked out in the end. 

I honestly believe that there is genuine affection there, on both their parts.

Yes, I know that almost everything about the 90 Day Franchise is manufactured, but call me corny, I love their interactions.  I don't see Yara as being ungrateful, and I don't think that Gwen sees her as that either.

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

OMG.  She looks like the sister of the human Ken doll famously bad plastic surgery guy!image.png.80167109e8186b5a0beb5dbfb72e767d.png

Tom's girlfriend.jpg

He has a type, he likes that manufactured look, usually the scariest looking people when they are not in full drag make up and filtered.

• Love 5
On 6/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Since I'm guessing they rented the RV, the rental company might require a certain license, or experience driving huge vehicles.

If a person has a driver's license from Florida, there's no other license for personal driving they could get, even if they wanted to. 

And in states that do have a special license for big vehicles for personal use, even the conscientious who want to comply will have to buy the motorhome first, then learn to drive it, and then get the right license.  Oh, and get it to the testing location.  We did it by arriving there well before they opened and just waiting, so at least they wouldn't actually see us pulling up in it.  (Although one state--maybe New York?--requires that a person taking the test for the non-CDL big vehicle license must be accompanied by someone who already has a license for that vehicle.)

The bottom line is that the majority of people you see driving 40-foot motorhomes have the same driver's license (and training) you do.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, magemaud said:

I can’t figure out why Chuck insisted on renting this big RV and cramming everyone into it. Are they all going to sleep in it with only one bathroom? Stopping at some kind of campground? Wouldn’t it have been cheaper (and make more sense, but I have to remember who I’m talking about) to rent one of those 20 passenger tour buses and everyone spend the one night on the road in a hotel? 

I'm thinking they borrowed the RV from a friend.  It had a "states visited" map in it, where you fill in each state as you visit it.  Rentals wouldn't have that.  And I could see a friend, knowing that family, would say, "Nobody drives this but Andrrrrei." 

But I thought the same thing you did--if everyone must ride together (and of course they must, or there wouldn't be any fighting), get some sort of passenger vehicle.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing if they show where they spend the night en route.  There's not even enough room in there for all of them to sit, never mind lie down.  So they're going to have to be getting either cabins at an RV park or hotel rooms, in which case we're back to why they're traveling in a motorhome in the first place.

I gotta admit that in the "next week on" at the end, when Chuck was weeping, I burst out laughing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

It makes sense that it's a borrowed RV.   Also, didn't Andrei go to truck driving school?   I wouldn't set foot in an RV driven by any of the family, except Andrei.   

Some RV's and travel trailers do have storage compartment under the living quarters. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
(edited)

After he missed the entire driveway backing up, I'm wondering how advantageous that truck driving license is.

wanted to ask...when Andrei arrived at the sister's house, someone made a surprised comment...can't remember the exact words... Was that one of the sisters because of the size of the RV or someone in the RV because of the amount of luggage (which I couldn't see, but maybe they could)?

Edited by Johann
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Johann said:

After he missed the entire driveway backing up, I'm wondering how advantageous that truck driving license is.

To be fair, backing up a tractor-trailer is different from backing a motorhome.  The tractor-trailer is articulated (where the trailer attaches to the tractor), while a motorhome or bus is one big rectangle.  They back up differently.  In a motorhome, if you're backing and you want the back of the moho to go to the right, you turn the steering wheel to the right--the same direction you want the back of the moho to go. 

If you're backing a trailer, it's the opposite--you turn the steering wheel to the left to get the trailer to go to the right, and the turning dynamics are different because of the articulation.  (A helpful cheat is to put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel when backing a trailer, which makes it so you move your hand in the direction you want the trailer to go.  Real truck drivers wouldn't do this, but it's super helpful for normal people trying to back a boat trailer while the whole world is watching and judging.)

Also, RVs are notorious for having a huge swing area in the back because their back tires aren't as far back as they are on a semi trailer.  A truck driver would have to get used to that.

However, his truck-driver training would give him experience in keeping the vehicle in the lane, the dynamics of making a turn, etc.  But regular people can learn that, too.  (And are obviously expected to, since most states don't make them get any training.)

Apologies if I'm droning on too much about driving RVs, but I think the majority of people don't have any clue what it's like.  If a big RV or semi truck has its right blinker on but is swinging to the left when making the turn, that doesn't mean, "Hey, impatient car behind me, here's some space for you to zoom in between the curb and me." 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Family Libby: Hello RV of destruction and dysfunction. The folks should stay far away from each other. Petty jealousies, anger issues, and let's all smack each other. Maybe the reunion will be on a farm and they can all get down in the pig pen and fling some mud. No, that will be Brandon and Julia. Chuck did have a good seat for the 7 or 8 hour drive to Maryland. Hope they all have separate hotel rooms.

Wait...are you saying you don't think the family will all be staying in the RV together while they are at the reunion??!!  lmao!!

I've made the trip by CAR from PA to FL. I can't imagine sitting at a table in an RV doing that. It looked to me like they were in somebody's kitchen.

And yes, without commercials, the show just zips by!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ange, you may be forced to adopt a new lifestyle and eating habits, but your grandkids don't.

I don't get this. If this family is hanging around her smoking and eating junk food, they certainly could benefit from eating better. It isn't a punishment to eat in a more healthy way... but that smoothie wasn't a good example of it.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I don't get this. If this family is hanging around her smoking and eating junk food, they certainly could benefit from eating better. It isn't a punishment to eat in a more healthy way... but that smoothie wasn't a good example of it.

I think I mentioned at some point that Ange and her family could go grocery shopping and acquaint themselves with more fruits and vegetables. I would think her surgeon would have given her a diet plan and the right foods to buy and eat. Perhaps also suggest she finds a local dietitian to help her make different food choices.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And lest we not forget the famous NYC Pizza Rat!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Such a determined little guy!   🍕🐀

(Natalie's 'new lil pal' looks like it could CARRY THAT SLICE ON ITS BACK!!!)

• Love 1
On 6/21/2021 at 9:51 AM, magemaud said:

According to Chuck's IG, the Family Reunion is in Leonardtown. Don't worry, BB, they're nowhere near you! 

I also came across some interesting info about the Potthasts of Maryland which I'll post over on the couples' page. 

Leonardtown! Hubby's family owns cottages on the Chesapeake Bay, and we've been there a few times. Not sure the town is big enough for the Chuckle beasts!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, Frozendiva said:

Yara and Jovi: Little Miss Independent really isn't that, or wasn't this episode. So life didn't turn out how you hoped it would. You have a baby you didn't plan, a husband who has been gone longer than usual because of Covid.  You most likely wanted a honeymoon for a year or so - weekends away, travelling with your husband, having fun, shopping, having a good time. You want him there 24/7 to take care of you. You signed up for this life. I am only sympathetic because you are alone with a young baby. Jovi's mom has been very good to you and is around when you need her. Both of you rightfully snapped at the other. A lot of women would trade places with you. Maybe she finally saw something when she was sick and that no, she can't do things alone and has to learn to rely on others for help.

Mike and Natalie: At this point, they are not going to talk or communicate without any sort of mediator or qualified marriage therapist. Rats do leave the sinking ship. Maybe there is footage of Trish calling Natalie a hooker, maybe she misunderstood. No one here really comes out good. Seems like Mike just wanted the paycheque and brought Natalie over knowing he wanted to get back at her for throwing the ring at him. End it, don't string someone along. Karma is real and he will get a double dose and more.

Kalani and Asuelu: So, Asuelu, how do you think that your behavior since your married Kalani has been good? You have acted like a toddler more than a husband. Your wife has spoken to you several times, her dad had a man to toddler conversation with you, you struggle to communicate with your wife about your needs, her needs. You and Kalani have very different ideas of what a relationship and marriage is. Time for you to step up. She should not have told you about the divorce chat with the lawyer. Maybe you will get the lightbulb over your head and start to work on yourself and improving things. Otherwise there will be a divorce. You are comfortable being 'married' and doing what you want. And of course you want it to be forever. Throwing the rock is a nice symbolic gesture, and maybe the divorce scare will make you think about things and make some improvements. Otherwise, the bell or the corned beef can tolls for this relationship.

Angela and Mykull: Ange, you may be forced to adopt a new lifestyle and eating habits, but your grandkids don't. Yeah, an occasional smoothie is fine. Spinach has some protein but you will need to drink a lot of it. And grape jelly is not a good idea. Of course you miss your fizzy drinks. Going to some tech dude to find a way to track the movements of your Nigerian husband? You can't do that unless it is done illegally and you can be in a whole lot of trouble. And your husband will walk out on you. Everything that you can't control is Mykull's fault.  Whether he is doing something nefarious, or has a side piece or whatever, is not your business at this time. It's horrible for you to control his every move. If he doesn't answer his phone within two seconds, he has a side piece. It is your own stuff that is causing you to blame him for everything. Now that you have a new body in progress, you are losing control. Mykull is tired of being a punching bag for your abuse. He isn't the same man any more now that you married him. He's always been the same man. You just see him through a different filter. It infuriated you when he told you he wasn't going to beg to be in your life. He wasn't with the usual program of bowing to Queen Angela. Maybe you will threaten divorce papers to get your way and use your sweet Southern charm. Ugh. Hope your new body will get you other opportunities and maybe Baby Girl's other 49 mens will afford you someone suitable.

*cue applause* I approve all of these messages.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2021 at 6:22 AM, winsomeone said:

Natalie was all, baby, baby, right now! And now she doesn't want one at all?

Would you want to have a baby with Mike at this point? I'm glad she has changed her mind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Ronald gives off major creep vibes and I hope that Tiffany has the good sense to leave South Africa before the camera crew does, otherwise, I see her tied up and gagged, being held against her will.

I'm glad Michael is finally sticking up for himself and I am secretly hoping that he files for divorce before Angela does.

If I hear Yara say, "I want you to come home, Jovi.", one more time, I am going to scream.

Natalie, please go back to the Ukraine and continue your life where you left off. I am positive that it is much more peaceful than the life that you married into.

Do you know how awful of a human being you have to be to make me side with Andrei on anything!? Well the Potthast family is just that awful. #TeamAndrei

Edited by French Fries
Grammar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

The little smiles and laughs they exchange, not to mention the way they imitate each other, tells me there is genuine affection between Gwen and Yara.  

I think Gwen definitely wins the award for best MIL ever on this show. She doesn’t pass out packets of her hair for her son to keep with him; she has a clean pretty house; and she seems like a genuinely nice, no-fuss person. 

Julia is irritating but there’s one thing I noticed:  that German shepherd adores her over the other people in that house.  Dogs know.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Johann said:

wanted to ask...when Andrei arrived at the sister's house, someone made a surprised comment...can't remember the exact words... Was that one of the sisters because of the size of the RV or someone in the RV because of the amount of luggage (which I couldn't see, but maybe they could)?

I seem to recall one of the sisters bitching about lack of space for their luggage because Libby filled it up.  She thought there should be cargo space underneath like a bus, I guess.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DiamondGirl said:

I think Gwen definitely wins the award for best MIL ever on this show. She doesn’t pass out packets of her hair for her son to keep with him; she has a clean pretty house; and she seems like a genuinely nice, no-fuss person. 

Julia is irritating but there’s one thing I noticed:  that German shepherd adores her over the other people in that house.  Dogs know.

I noticed the same thing about the dog too.

• Love 6
On 6/21/2021 at 5:54 PM, Chloe Dog said:

The crusty old bitch tried to get someone to stop the wedding, she tells Mike to give Natalie $5k and send her home 

I listen to a podcast that recaps all of these crazy reality shows. They refer to her as "mama crusty bangs". I die! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think I mentioned at some point that Ange and her family could go grocery shopping and acquaint themselves with more fruits and vegetables. I would think her surgeon would have given her a diet plan and the right foods to buy and eat. Perhaps also suggest she finds a local dietitian to help her make different food choices.

As a WLS person, I can speak to this:  she had MULTIPLE diet plans and MULTIPLE meetings with a dietician, surgeon, psychiatrists, therapists, etc, plus a DETAILED plan of what you can eat and when.  Clear liquids, full liquids, pureed foods, etc......

When you can eat food again, you eat one thing at a time, then wait to see if you vomit from it.  Throwing all that stuff in a blender is a no no.  But she is horrid on so many levels I don't care.  She wants to divorce/split from him so she can be on the Single Life.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I seem to recall one of the sisters bitching about lack of space for their luggage because Libby filled it up.  She thought there should be cargo space underneath like a bus, I guess.

This was before then, when they first arrived, before he parked.

but thanks for responding!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

To be fair, backing up a tractor-trailer is different from backing a motorhome.  The tractor-trailer is articulated (where the trailer attaches to the tractor), while a motorhome or bus is one big rectangle.  They back up differently.  In a motorhome, if you're backing and you want the back of the moho to go to the right, you turn the steering wheel to the right--the same direction you want the back of the moho to go. 

If you're backing a trailer, it's the opposite--you turn the steering wheel to the left to get the trailer to go to the right, and the turning dynamics are different because of the articulation.  (A helpful cheat is to put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel when backing a trailer, which makes it so you move your hand in the direction you want the trailer to go.  Real truck drivers wouldn't do this, but it's super helpful for normal people trying to back a boat trailer while the whole world is watching and judging.)

Also, RVs are notorious for having a huge swing area in the back because their back tires aren't as far back as they are on a semi trailer.  A truck driver would have to get used to that.

However, his truck-driver training would give him experience in keeping the vehicle in the lane, the dynamics of making a turn, etc.  But regular people can learn that, too.  (And are obviously expected to, since most states don't make them get any training.)

Apologies if I'm droning on too much about driving RVs, but I think the majority of people don't have any clue what it's like.  If a big RV or semi truck has its right blinker on but is swinging to the left when making the turn, that doesn't mean, "Hey, impatient car behind me, here's some space for you to zoom in between the curb and me." 

Thanks for the info, but it was Andrei that said he was the only one that could drive because of that license.  I don't know if he or the family or even the producers made that up, though.

I'm not really blaming him.  I know he got the license, but I'm not sure how much practical experience he has had since then.  I just thought it was funny.  Especially running over the keep off the grass sign.  Who puts that on their lawn unless they just had it seeded or something?   I think it shows what kind of picky neighbors they probably are...And their grass is too good for anyone to walk on.

20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Perhaps also suggest she finds a local dietitian to help her make different food choices.

Angela was made aware of what she could and couldn't eat. Her operation was one in which her body will tell her what not to eat before she ever meets a dietician. I have heard the body will vomit/ have painful gas the moment one strays from the plan.

• Love 4

I know some people on here and on social media think Gwen is a saint. I don’t think she is. I always get this vibe that she is being very pushy to Yara and being on her back all the time. I feel sympathy for Yara. Yes, she knew Jovi would have to be away a lot for work, but she didn’t expect everything else. She didn’t expect to be a mother so early after her move to America, so that’s something new she now has to learn to navigate mainly without Jovi. And the pandemic is something no one saw coming. Yes, she knew Jovi would leave, but I think she also expected to be able to go out into town and make friends and such. Right now, because of the baby and COVID, she’s really only seeing Jovi’s parents.

Kalani really bothers me. She’s got this air of superiority and condescension towards Asuelu and other people all the time.

When Ronald said he would FORCE Tiffany to stay, it scared me. He could end up being really abusive. Also, poor Daniel in the ladies bathroom while Tiffany does a makeover.

I’m not a fan of Andrei, but Libby’s family have got to be the most uncouth and rude people I’ve ever seen, especially the two entitled, complaining-all-the-time sisters. Even the way they talk to Libby is awful. I feel bad for Andrei. Libby’s sisters blame him for EVERYTHING. They’re a bunch of loud-mouthed idiots who legit just antagonize him for the hell of it. Like this episode, they complain about him talking about business, and then they yell at him making him miss the turn. Oh wait, and it’s his fault now that he is not paying attention to the road. The guy can’t win.

I hate Mike. How the heck does he know that his mom didn’t call Natalie a hooker? He wasn’t even in the house when she allegedly said it, so how would he know? Instead of getting down to the bottom of this, he rather sides with his mom no matter what, calls his wife a liar, and makes her feel even more crazy than she actually is, when there’s a possibility that she might be telling the truth. He constantly leaves things unresolved, which contributes to their dysfunction. In the beginning I felt bad for Mike, but now he just gives me the creeps.

Angela is disgusting. Gaslighting is thrown around a lot in this series, but she is the definition of gaslighting in this relationship. She is literally picking every fight possible so she can use it as an excuse for divorcing him. Excuses after excuses after excuses. She thinks she’s going to be a hot piece of ass who can get any guy possible after her surgery, but she’s just an ass.She says, “It’s Michael’s fault that I’m smoking.” But she also says she’s been smoking since she was 15. I don’t think she knew Michael when she was 15. He wasn’t even born yet.

And Angela really thought that having an argument with Michael in the middle of the darn store would’ve persuaded the IT to get him to do what she wanted. That scene made me so uncomfortable. Claudio, the IT guy, is the MVP of this episode for not installing an illegal tracker and for being the most emotionally responsible person on the show thus far. Someone please rescue him, he doesn’t deserve this!

That final scene where Angela was talking to Michael outside. Her comment about her being in “the land of the free” and saying Michael should just stay where he belongs really pissed me off. It just displayed her insecurities about trusting him and not really seeing him as her equal. And you know why she talks about taking away Michael’s chance to go to America? Because she has nothing else to offer him. And she knows it. Also, her calling out Michael’s penis was really uncalled for. Can you imagine if a man had criticized a woman’s genitals like that? Remember our collective shock when Ed gave Rose the toothbrush? It would be that times 10.

I have said this many times, but I will say it once again. Can you imagine if Michael treated Angela the way she treats him? They seriously need to remove her from the show. She is quantum unlikeable. I am completely sickened by her.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, French Fries said:

Would you want to have a baby with Mike at this point? I'm glad she has changed her mind.

I guess I am willing to give Mike a pass given how horrid Natalie has been since she arrived in America. If she's that horrible to him in front of the cameras imagine what she says when the cameras aren't around? If I were Mike I'd be treating her the same way I just wish he would cut bait and have her go home. Her behavior this season has also helped explain why Mike was not at all excited when she phoned him out of the blue and said her visa was approved and she wanted to come over. He should have listened to his gut which was telling him to not give her another chance.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Can you imagine if a man had criticized a woman’s genitals like that? Remember our collective shock when Ed gave Rose the toothbrush? It would be that times 10.

And I can't imagine, you know, how awful it is down there.

• Love 2