Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: The Cheesier the Better

• Start Topic

The final four chefs near the end of their journey in Portland, Padma; popular chef and special guest Massimo Bottura has the chefs pull inspiration from his famous parmigiano reggiano dish.

Original air date: June 17, 2021

Dawn has, by far, most frequently been the one to make the food I most yearn to eat, but I've worried that in a group this talented her recurring timing problems would bite her in the ass once it got down to the top few cheftestants.  (It certainly brought out Dale’s anger issues.)  She is going to have to focus during those frazzled final seconds to double check each plate, or she's going to get eliminated for a terrific dish, and that would suck.

I don’t subscribe to the no cheese with fish ever rule, but it can be an awful combination, so I was curious to see how Jamie’s came out – could she pull off giving a whole bunch of chefs something many of them fundamentally think cannot be done?  Once she didn’t, I knew she was a goner.

I love cheddar (and cheese in general), but this was a tough challenge – to use it five ways, but not as a cheese course, part of a cohesive dish.  It was interesting to see what they all did – particularly Shota, since this was way outside of his wheelhouse.  Boy, the judges’ comments at the dining table indicate he absolutely nailed it and there was very little chance of anyone else coming up with a winning dish no matter what they served.  Great job!

I’d have loved if someone made a dish honoring the Native Americans killed in the name of manifest destiny in the Oregon Trail QF challenge.  The only one I really wanted to eat was Jamie’s, so I was glad to see her win.

I’ve been to the Tillamook factory, but that was long ago, before they made the visitor’s center so huge.  I wasn’t sure if they’d be able to work that in this season given the pandemic restrictions.

• Love 14

I laughed do hard when Gregory mentioned the PC game and "dysentery" when they introduced the Oregon Trail quickfire. Because that's what I immediately thought of.

It was interesting hearing Dawn talk about her insecurities around the campfire. Her track and field experience clearly has no connection with her culinary career and she is right about the sexism/racism in the industry. But she was an Olympian! She knows what it means to be one of the best in the world. I really hope she gets he inconsistency straightened out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Fish and cheese? Cream cheese and lox. 

Eh that's cured though, and it's cream cheese not cheddar. I don't know anyone who thinks cheese and fish are a good idea and as soon as Jamie landed there I knew she was gone, and loved her stew room lament. I knew it wacky, but then I did it and was like: that's it. It happened. LOL. She is one of the few chefs though I've actually wanted to hit up their restaurant. I'm gonna plan a Vegas trip ASAP.

Shota though deserves mad props for making any cheese much less cheddar work for his Japanese cuisine, although I thought I misheard that he used the cheese in tofu twice, may have still been two different preps of cheese-tofu though so I'm not saying he should have been knocked just didn't hear the distinction.

I loved how salty Dale Talde was about Dawn leaving food off the plate and getting a pass (multiple times now), it definitely feels like in S3 someone would have got bounced for that even if they made good food and Dawn's dish was underwhelming for everyone but Lee, but I still liked seeing Lee stan for Dawn and Kwame for Jamie. Jamie seemed to have the better dish honestly at least in it's component parts even if all together it was kind of an awkward clash. Again it seems clear Dawn's overall performance and Jamie having already come back from LCK factored in the judging here. I'm only mad they don't admit it. 

Ugh Gabe, I loved Ed Lee being like: hm nice solid intellectual 7 and half Gabe. I am hoping for Dawn v. Shota final and it should be pretty interesting given that they are both so talented and make great food, but both have mental lapses now and then either conceptually or in plating. 

her insecurities around the campfire.

Not to discount the genuine intersectional racism/sexism she faces in the kitchen and how that plays into her insecurities, but I just kept thinking, Dawn you made the Olympics as an athlete and the final four of Top Chef, girl if you are insecure what hope is there for the rest of us to feel competent.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 20

Mad props to Shota tonight! I normally am not a fan of cheddar cheese and am lactose-intolerant besides, but I wanted to try his dish. He deserved the unqualified win tonight! I've been eating yogurt for breakfast for the past six months and since yogurt contains the enzyme that breaks down lactose (I have a science undergrad), I've been able to eat white Italian and Middle-Eastern cheeses (like feta) again. He's inspiring me to try cheddar again - in a very small dose at first.

I have to say I've been on the fence about Gabe all season because I heard the noise early on. I listened to the posters who said to watch what we actually see of him and judge from that, and now I'm on the Gabe train as well. Besides, he's the chef who looks the most like me (he even has the science degree to boot). Our last names are also very very similar. I wanted to try his dish as well in a challenge that I thought had nothing for me.

As much as I love Dawn, I have to say that she was lucky tonight.

I did hate to see Jamie go. With Shota's background and amazing win tonight, you can't really say that this challenge wasn't in Jamie's wheelhouse and was unfair. Asian cuisine has next to no dairy in it, but Shota knocked it out of the park.

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don’t subscribe to the no cheese with fish ever rule, but it can be an awful combination, so I was curious to see how Jamie’s came out – could she pull off giving a whole bunch of chefs something many of them fundamentally think cannot be done?  Once she didn’t, I knew she was a goner.

Agreed. Growing up my grandma made fresh red snapper that was baked in the oven with salsa and cheese, and I loved it. But I feel like that dish, and maybe a really good lobster mac and cheese or a Yeastie Boys Lox Deluxe are the exceptions to the fish and cheese rule. 

I'm glad to see Jamie go. My ears will be happy to never hear those dumb sound effects on my screen again. (Pew Pew - Shut up!) That and after her bullshit at elimination last week, it was time for her to PYKAG. Also, people that describe themselves as "wacky" are annoying AF in real life. Stop. It. 

1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

I love Dawn but if Jamie hadn’t helped her plate her dishes, she would’ve missed getting even more elements on the judges’ dishes.  Such a recurring problem for Dawn.

Yeah, and honestly Dawn gave the same excuse as last week "I don't know how that could have happened." Just say you screwed up, because you did. I'm totally with Dale calling Dawn out - as another poster pointed out, on Dale's season that would have sent Dawn home. A lot of talented chefs have been eliminated on this show for less. 

I will never understand apples and cheddar. Gross.

I want to see Shota take this whole competition.

Edited by ZeeEnnui
typo
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, ZeeEnnui said:

I will never understand apples and cheddar. Gross.

I want to see Shota take this whole competition.

I love apples and cheddar cheese.

I hope Shota wins too!

• Love 20

I kept falling asleep and having to rewind, probably because cheddar cheese is such a boring ingredient.  Thank you judges for finally getting Jamie out of my tv. Fish and cheese just sounds wrong.

I remember really liking Nina back in her season. I wish we had seen more of her tonight. The seasons often blend together in my mind, but didn’t she come in second place to a real mediocrity?

Dale seemed to take personal offense at Dawn‘s plating lapses.  He’s right, though.  That’s just inexcusable at this point in the competition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Dawn looks annoyed if she receives any criticism at all.  On the other hand, she never looks happy or pleased when other chefs receive compliments. She just looks annoyed then as well.  Maybe nerves? Still not a good look when others do clearly cheer for their competition. 

• Love 11

"Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze."

The memory of my mother's amazing apple pie served with Wensleydale will be with me until the day I die.

• Love 24
(edited)
15 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I love apples and cheddar cheese.

I hope Shota wins too!

Agreed on the slivers of apple with slices of cheddar cheese and white wine — a great, light combo!!  

I continue to really like Gabe, despite what we’ve heard in the press.  I’ve seen zero indication of this other side of him and you know the editors love to show competitors not in their best light at times.

I also like Dawn a lot personally and as a chef, but she is awful at time management.  Maybe she also has nervous RBF.  

Still, in my book, Shota for the win!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Fisherman's pie, lobster thermidore, tuna melt, tuna casserole, greek salad as a side to sea food/fish, fish (such as cod) au gratin, lobster mac and cheese . . . .

Indeed.  I like a tuna melt, I think lobster mac and cheese is a waste of lobster but it's tasty, I like shrimp with fettucine alfredo, I eat a mixed greens salad topped with shrimp, walnuts, feta, and balsamic vinaigrette a couple of times a week, I like spaghetti a aglio e olio with shrimp, I sometimes bread tilapia with a mixture that includes Parmigiano-reggiano, I like pizza frutti de mare, etc. 

I'm much more open to shellfish, rather than fish, with cheese, and, as I said originally, the whole seafood-cheese thing can indeed go wrong, but I'm annoyed by the ridiculous notion of a hard and fast rule (which doesn't exist globally to begin with), so I was intrigued by Jamie's concept, because if she'd delivered a knockout dish that proved to be one of many exceptions, it would have been interesting. 

Alas, it was not to be, and her dish's flaws were greater than that of Dawn's, so it was her time.  Not a lot of cheftestants go out giggling, and I'd roll my eyes at most who did, but this was so natural in a way I couldn't help but not only applaud her and again temper my presumptions.

Please let it be Dawn vs. Shota in the end (with Dawn winning, but I'll be happy either way). 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I also like Dawn a lot personally and as a chef, but she is awful at time management.  Maybe she also has nervous RBF.  

THIS may be one of the reasons why I love Dawn - I am also horrible at time management. Since I can say it, CPT!

22 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Agreed on the slivers of apple with slices of cheddar cheese and white wine — a great, light combo!!  

I continue to really like Gabe, despite what we’ve heard in the press.  I’ve seen zero indication of this other side of him and you know the editors love to show competitors not in their best light at times.

I am actually willing to try cheddar cheese and apples together as a result of this week's challenge.

• Love 5

Hey Padma, the emphasis on Tillamook is on the first syllable, not the last.

And while we're about it, the word is gougère, not grougère or gruyère, despite what several people on tonight's show seem to think.

4 minutes ago, The Solution said:

THIS may be one of the reasons why I love Dawn - I am also horrible at time management. Since I can say it, CPT!

I am actually willing to try cheddar cheese and apples together as a result of this week's challenge.

I hope you do - just be sure to buy great quality cheese and fruit!  No American cheese or mushy red delicious apples.

• Love 10

I had to laugh at Shota wanting to win the Quickfire just so that Gabe wouldn't win one.

I loved Padma's orange asymetrical blouse during the QF.

Ed Lee is the best. I'm so glad we've gotten to have him around for several episodes now. It was also great to have Nina Compton at the dinner table. I hope she sticks around for the remaining episodes. OTOH, Dale Talde can leave any time now.

At this point, I'm honestly beginning to wonder if production is messing with Dawn's plating for dramatic effect. 

• Love 7
(edited)

This was a very tough challenge to have to use a single ingredient five ways in a single dish. Shota making his own tofu with cheese incorporated was genius. I think how it’s done is that to make tofu you take soy milk and put in a coagulant. It looks like he steamed it since it was wrapped in plastic. Shota probably put in a cheese product into the soy milk. Maybe it had a melty center. 

I also liked Jamie’s idea of cheddar spaetzle. I would have liked to see what the reception would be if she edited out the fish. However the hilariously peanut butter tasting cheddar sesame sauce would still be an issue. 

Trying to think of what I’d do with this challenge. Here’s what I came up with: A savory dessert plate. Cheese “creme brûlée” ( really a flan with a cheese crisp on top) and a mini apple pie with cheese worked into the crust a la mode with a cheddar ice cream. Drizzled with a white chocolate cheese sauce. Honestly might want to try making it though it might turn out disgusting even with unlimited time to plan. 

Edited by Fukui San
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

This episode really frustrated me.

Sorry if I'm a little slow figuring this out, but has anyone else noticed for several episodes, or maybe all?  Dale Talde really riding extremely hard during every judging for Gabe?  It's like he's being paid to ensure that he stays.

Also Dawn.  If you forget the ingredients on the plate, YOU forgot them. I did NOT like her mentioning Jamie's name.  She shouldn't have mentioned that at all!  That's like complaining about an unfair advantage that you're using.  

Ugh.  Had to get that out.

3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don’t subscribe to the no cheese with fish ever rule,

I've been copying ideas from cookbooks and I tried a pasta dish with shrimp and cheese.  I was nervous, but it came out really nice!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, The Solution said:

Mad props to Shota tonight! I normally am not a fan of cheddar cheese and am lactose-intolerant besides, but I wanted to try his dish. He deserved the unqualified win tonight! I've been eating yogurt for breakfast for the past six months and since yogurt contains the enzyme that breaks down lactose (I have a science undergrad), I've been able to eat white Italian and Middle-Eastern cheeses (like feta) again. He's inspiring me to try cheddar again - in a very small dose at first.

I'm lactose intolerant in a completely different way.  I eat cheese, like cheddar a LOT but I also take Lactaid with it.  I can't have certain cheeses like goat no matter how much Lactaid I have, which sucks because I love goat cheese.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

At this point, I'm honestly beginning to wonder if production is messing with Dawn's plating for dramatic effect. 

I mean, we’ve seen her creative process and it’s goddamn messy. Tasty, but messy. Last minute decisions, tons of components, a rushed whirlwind of plating every time.

I think this is the first episode in which Dawn’s actual food received any sort of criticism aside from being missing from plates. Judges weren’t overwhelmed by her cheesesteak. 

It occurred to me to wonder if this year they would forego having a Finale destination city due to the pandemic. Just film the finale at the Oregon coast. If you’ve gone to the trouble of establishing a bubble and protocols, do you want to do it again somewhere else? Do you want to risk a finalist catching Covid in their time off? I don’t know the answer, but I’m sure someone does. 

Edited by Fukui San
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

This was the fourth time, fourth, that Dawn left a component off her dish. They really have been letting her skate and it's just ridiculous. She should have been eliminated. And Jamie shouldn't have been so nice because she didn't have enough time to finish one of her elements.

Agree with you

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, The Solution said:

What's CPT?

(edited)
5 hours ago, blixie said:

Dawn you made the Olympics as an athlete and the final four of Top Chef, girl if you are insecure what hope is there for the rest of us to feel competent.

One can listen to Michael Phelps talk about his deep insecurities and depression and  realize that Olympic success has literally nothing to do with insecurities. A ton of accomplished athletes and highly successful people suffer from them, to dismiss their feelings because of what they have accomplished isn’t helpful. 

This was like revisiting my childhood. Our family had a house on Cannon Beach and excess would spill over into the Surfsand as long as I can remember and we would take a longer route on the way there to go to the Tillamook creamery to get cheese, ice cream and milk, and sometimes during or on the way back if my dad misjudged how long the cheese would last with our family. 

I am interested in all the chefs food so can’t wait until the finale.

Random thought I love that Dawn’s knife kit is a backpack!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, blixie said:

Eh that's cured though, and it's cream cheese not cheddar. I don't know anyone who thinks cheese and fish are a good idea and as soon as Jamie landed there I knew she was gone, and loved her stew room lament. I knew it wacky, but then I did it and was like: that's it. It happened. LOL. She is one of the few chefs though I've actually wanted to hit up their restaurant. I'm gonna plan a Vegas trip ASAP.

Filet o'fish with cheese, anyone?

I'm just watching Jamie at her Black Sheep restaurant in the Vegas episode of the Netflix show, "Fresh, Fried and Crispy".

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 minutes ago, PackYourKnives said:

Dawn's edit so far has been her experience as a POC.

Pretty sure all three* (or actual four because it includes Jamie) identified as POC at that has been included in their edit, experience and the food they make. 
*not actually sure how Gabe identifies.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
(edited)
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Pretty sure all three* (or actual four because it includes Jamie) identified as POC at that has been included in their edit, experience and the food they make. 
*not actually sure how Gabe identifies.

Gabe mentioned for the first time this episode he wants to be first Mexican chef winner.

Shota and Jamie talk about their style of food, and Shota mentioned how a critic didnt like his food because it was too "plain" but that's Japanese food

We've had multiple times Dawn talking about wanting to be first black female chef winner, and the BLM movement (which to be fair, was a theme of the show not her just talking about it for no reason) but 85% of her edit has been based on that. You know how Jeremy or Nick would constantly talk about their family in the edit? That's what they've been doing with Dawn but for ^.

Nothing wrong with that on Dawn's part, but I keep getting VERY skeptical about the outcome of the show seeing how it's being edited for Dawn vs. the others, and now the 4th time she's missed a component on her dish and continues to not go home. 

It's not rigged, but we sure are inching closer and closer to an * the more this happens.. 

To be clear: This is a production, editors and judging issue I have, not with Dawn. 

Edited by PackYourKnives
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, PackYourKnives said:

Gabe mentioned for the first time this episode he wants to be first Mexican chef winner.

Not all Mexicans identify as POC (an umbrella term that often includes people who others dispute are POC). There are many white Mexicans who proudly identify as both Mexican and White. Ethnicity/Nationality/and race are not the same and not interchangeable. (Though all political/social constructs).

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
(edited)
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not all Mexicans identify as POC (an umbrella term that often includes people who others dispute are POC). There are many white Mexicans who proudly identify as both Mexican and White. Ethnicity/Nationality/and race are not the same and not interchangeable. (Though all political/social constructs).

Yeah I'm not quite as clear on Gabe. 

I even know people who don't consider Asian Americans POC (not Asians themselves but other political groups) which is absolutely bizarre. Probably the "model minority" myth. 

Edited by PackYourKnives
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, caitmcg said:

Dawn has won a number of challenges based on what she’s put on the plate, and even when she hasn’t won or has left something off the plate, a roster of judges has talked about how good her food is. Since I can’t taste the food, if she wins I’m going to assume it’s because she cooked the best finale meal rather than due to some exercise in virtue signaling. 

Dawn was responsible for sinking her team during Restaurant Wars. She is the classic example of someone who survived by fucking her team in that particular challenge. Since the beginning, she whined and moaned like she was a victim. Episode 1. Episode 3. Ugly behavior. She stayed afloat by hook or by crook from the very beginning.

All of a sudden, she acts all cutesy, people forget that she is a villain. I'll admit that she impressed me with her palate in the "black box" challenge. But she is a classic schemer. I personally wasn't a huge fan of Sarah on a personal level, but she clearly showed talent. Dawn specifically sunk Sarah in Restaurant Wars. When Dawn isn't whining, she's busy telling you what an inspiration she is. I have known numerous people like Dawn in my life, and they are perpetual victims. That's the trope.

She's almost like the Nicholas Elmi of this season. Top Chef is a lot more friendly now than it was back then in Season 11. But Dawn is a fraud, and she backstabs just like Elmi did—only with a sad smile and a victim's story. If you don't see it, you're not reading the personalities. She's garbage. Mark my word, nobody will have heard of her or remember her name in the cuinary world in five years. Just like Nicholas Elmi. He beat Nina Compton in the finale, and I ate at one of her restaurants in New Orleans two years ago. It was excellent, and they love her in New Orleans. When was the last time you read Nicholas Elmi's name mentioned in a meaningful sentence about food? 

Isn't he contantly being booted out of Philly restaurants? I seem to recall reading about more than a few restaurants looking for a new chef to replace him. Dawn, works at the Houston outpost of Uchi, a lame Austin-based attempt at high-end sushi. It is faintly related to good sushi, but more so to a moneyed Texas steakhouse. Dawn, do what's safe and stay at Uchi. 

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Werehauzen said:

Dawn was responsible for sinking her team during Restaurant Wars. She is the classic example of someone who survived by fucking her team in that particular challenge. Since the beginning, she whined and moaned like she was a victim. Episode 1. Episode 3. Ugly behavior. She stayed afloat by hook or by crook from the very beginning.

All of a sudden, she acts all cutesy, people forget that she is a villain. I'll admit that she impressed me with her palate in the "black box" challenge. But she is a classic schemer. I personally wasn't a huge fan of Sarah on a personal level, but she clearly showed talent. Dawn specifically sunk Sarah in Restaurant Wars. When Dawn isn't whining, she's busy telling you what an inspiration she is. I have known numerous people like Dawn in my life, and they are perpetual victims. That's the trope.

She's almost like the Nicholas Elmi of this season. Top Chef is a lot more friendly now than it was back then in Season 11. But Dawn is a fraud, and she backstabs just like Elmi did—only with a sad smile and a victim's story. If you don't see it, you're not reading the personalities. She's garbage. Mark my word, nobody will have heard of her or remember her name in the cuinary world in five years. Just like Nicholas Elmi. He beat Nina Compton in the finale, and I ate at one of her restaurants in New Orleans two years ago. It was excellent, and they love her in New Orleans. When was the last time you read Nicholas Elmi's name mentioned in a meaningful sentence about food? 

Isn't he contantly being booted out of Philly restaurants? I seem to recall reading about more than a few restaurants looking for a new chef to replace him. Dawn, works at the Houston outpost of Uchi, a lame Austin-based attempt at high-end sushi. It is faintly related to good sushi, but more so to a moneyed Texas steakhouse. Dawn, do what's safe and stay at Uchi. 

I agree with a lot of this. I wouldn't call her a villain though. I think she's just very competitive and tough on herself, and really wants to win. Lolo Jones was the same way if you watch the Challenge or Big Brother (another former olympic runner). When things are going good for her she's great, but when things aren't she falls apart.

She did absolutely cost Sarah Restaurant Wars, that was ridiculous and selfish. 

And Nick's doing pretty will in Philly and to be fair Dawn has a James Beard nom from last year. 

I'd just like her to win on her own merits if she does, and this episode clearly showed that the show is more concerned with getting a black female winner than the competition integrity. I find it ironic to see that Nina (who should have been the first black female winner) seems like a big Shota fan and wasn't all that into Jamie or Dawn's food. 

3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Dawn was told repeatedly that even though she wasn’t sure her teammates were fine with where she was at in the planning, she described the corn cake dish basically from the initially planning period and that was the one that Sarah said she was confused at judges table for not knowing what it was even though she acknowledged in her exit interviews that she changed her concept more times than Dawn. As for why they failed it wasn’t on Dawn’s dishes are even the actual progression it was on two things they all agreed no connection other than seafood and no designated person to interact with thE judges. The other team hit those out of the park from conception. The other reason why they failed were at least four shitty dishes: Gabe’s tostada, Sarah’s ridiculous white sauce dish (and misusing an entire side of salmon), and Chris’s shitty to pasta. The only three dishes that anyone thought were worth effusive praise were Dawn’s two dishes and Chris’s dessert. In addition to lack of concept the entire team got dinged for no one presenting a piece of designed around a piece of fish, then not tasting their dishes (everyone was in the weeds) and the entire team refusing to acknowledge the dining table. 

Dawn said when they were planning the meal she would be making a COLD dish. She did not. Dawn selfishly went into protection mode instead of team mode (I don't blame her, but it was selfish) when her dish set the menu totally off tone. 

If she had been clear what she was making from the start, it would have helped the other items make more sense/or be adjusted for the team. I think a lot of things wouldn't be as bad had Dawn just made 2 dishes in the middle of the menu instead of starting it off. I think Sarah was rightfully upset for that. Did she send her home? No, but it certainly didn't help. 

Dawn just isn't a good team player. 

• Love 7
(edited)
37 minutes ago, PackYourKnives said:

She did absolutely cost Sarah Restaurant Wars, that was ridiculous and selfish. 

Sarah could have made one dish that got the same praise as Chris’s ice cream. She did not. Dawn was immediately removed from consideration for elimination Gabe’s octopus saved him. Dawn wasn’t a consideration for elimination.

Dawn never said her dish would be served cold. She said it was a corn cake which is traditionally served hot and was in the planning stage supposed to be served after the tostada and Sarah’s cold dish. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15

She never said her dish was cold she said it was a corn cake which is usually severed hot. Sarah acknowledged this.

35 minutes ago, PackYourKnives said:

Dawn said when they were planning the meal she would be making a COLD dish. She did no

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She never said her dish was cold she said it was a corn cake which is usually severed hot. Sarah acknowledged this.

This is 100% false and wrong. Before next week's episode in this thread I will specifically time stamp the exact moment during Menu Prep where Dawn said she would be making a COLD dish for her first course. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, milner said:

Dawn looks annoyed if she receives any criticism at all.  On the other hand, she never looks happy or pleased when other chefs receive compliments. She just looks annoyed then as well.  Maybe nerves? Still not a good look when others do clearly cheer for their competition. 

I was a lot put off at the “Jamie was helping men plate” comment. Like it wasn’t her fault for forgetting something. Disappointing because I’ve enjoyed this season so much and how they all really seem to like each other and help each other out. It’s refreshing there has been no blame gaming. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Leeds said:

Fisherman's pie, lobster thermidore, tuna melt, tuna casserole, greek salad as a side to sea food/fish, fish (such as cod) au gratin, lobster mac and cheese . . . .

Also shrimp parmigiana.  

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Also shrimp parmigiana.  

As many chefs have said we think it’s a rule until someone shows us that it isn’t. A current example was when all of the Italian chefs got their mind blown with Stephanie breaking the rules and being like “wait why haven’t we thought of this!!l”

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1