Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 6/14/2021

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think Whoopie is done with her but Nutmeg is too dumb to realize this though.  Whoopie will tolerate her when she has to do so in a professional setting but outside of work will be a different matter altogether.  Whoopie has been very patient with her to a fault, other ladies that she did not like did not get the same treatment.  

Tell me about it. I'd like her to treat McCain the way she did the Rosie's, Paula, and Sunny even.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think it was Laura Ingraham, the shut up and dribble lady. 

There were others making fun of her as well.  Many people on her side cannot stand her it is why I am at a lost that she will defend them to the death.  She is out of control and full of rage.  It is so shocking to see someone so privileged be so bitter. She alienated the one person that had her back on the panel today with her childish behavior.  Whoopie is a Scorpio and she will not forget this disrespect. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

There were others making fun of her as well.  Many people on her side cannot stand her it is why I am at a lost that she will defend them to the death.  She is out of control and full of rage.  It is so shocking to see someone so privileged be so bitter. She alienated the one person that had her back on the panel today with her childish behavior.  Whoopie is a Scorpio and she will not forget this disrespect. 

100%. I know tons of republicans who don't care for her. They may prefer her to Joy Behar, but that's about it. I truly think Meghan needs help with her anger issues. She has everything in the world, and she's so quick to anger. One of the nicest men I know is an older man. He's not the most physically attractive person, deals with anxiety, and he never got married. He doesn't date. He has no kids, no family in the US at all. His siblings also got money he was supposed to inherit, and he doesn't make much. He lives in an old home and drives an old car. Despite living a very simple life where he works and has just a few friends he regularly sees, he always has the best attitude. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

MM is gonna show her ass whenever her last day is.

I'm not joking, she's gonna literally pull her pants down and tell all of us to kiss it. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

You forget, she's also the only "plus-sized woman who can't buy a decent bra" in the media.

And that’s a blatant lie too.  I was a larger “ bosomed” woman into the early to mid 90s (when o did a reduction).  At that time there really weren’t many bras in the DDD and up range…I think Bali was one of the few.  Now I look and there are tons of really nice pretty bras in that range and much higher.  Maybe not Victoria’s Secret, but everywhere else.  

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The fact that Whoopie apologized when they came back live didn't surprise me. In all honesty, I truly believe WG doesn't like to get that argumentive and emotional in public, in front of an audience. That's not the public persona she wants out there - as we can all remember back to July, 2018 when Jeanine Piro was a guest and the two of them got into a confrontation (not too dissimilar from the one we saw today). The next day, the first thing WG did was offer a heartfelt apology to us, the viewers, for her 'unprofessional behavior' and explained how things got 'out of hand and shouldn't have' because that's not like her to act that way. (She never apologized to Piro, though.) The apology from WG is genuine. 

Aside from that, I'm betting Rosie O'Donnell is loving every minute of this (and don't believe she doesn't watch the show).  She loves when MM goes on the attack - especially with WG.  MM treats WG the way Rosie wishes she could have back in 2014-15, but let's face it - MM has bigger cajones than Rosie ever did. 

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

And that’s a blatant lie too.  I was a larger “ bosomed” woman into the early to mid 90s (when o did a reduction).  At that time there really weren’t many bras in the DDD and up range…I think Bali was one of the few.  Now I look and there are tons of really nice pretty bras in that range and much higher.  Maybe not Victoria’s Secret, but everywhere else.  

I have medium boobs, but I have a small band size (30-32). That's not super easy to find everywhere past a B cup. I've also considered getting breast implants, and that might put me out of Victoria's Secret sizing. It's not a big deal to me even if it happens though. I've looked into other brands, and you're right. There are some GORGEOUS bras out there in so many sizes. Meghan's fortunate she can afford to shop anywhere. Victoria's Secret is cheap for her, but it's a splurge for the everyday woman. I love shopping there. It's probably my favorite store, but I only go when there are sales. 

1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

The fact that Whoopie apologized when they came back live didn't surprise me. In all honesty, I truly believe WG doesn't like to get that argumentive and emotional in public, in front of an audience. That's not the public persona she wants out there - as we can all remember back to July, 2018 when Jeanine Piro was a guest and the two of them got into a confrontation (not too dissimilar from the one we saw today). The next day, the first thing WG did was offer a heartfelt apology to us, the viewers, for her 'unprofessional behavior' and explained how things got 'out of hand and shouldn't have' because that's not like her to act that way. (She never apologized to Piro, though.) The apology from WG is genuine. 

Aside from that, I'm betting Rosie O'Donnell is loving every minute of this (and don't believe she doesn't watch the show).  She loves when MM goes on the attack - especially with WG.  MM treats WG the way Rosie wishes she could have back in 2014-15, but let's face it - MM has bigger cajones than Rosie ever did. 

Tbh, I'd only say that in a bad way. When I see MM, I don't think, you go girl! It's great you have balls. I think, good grief. This woman has nerve! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan basically said to Whoopie the same thing we said when I was a kid 600 years ago when we had absolutely no retort- “I know you are but what am I?”

 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

There are no virtual audience tickets for tomorrow so most likely it's pre-recorded.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, bannana said:

Can you imagine any of the other co-hosts talking repeatedly over Whoopi when she finally gets to make her point? They might accidentally talk over but they stop when they realize she is speaking. None of them would do what MeAgain did. And there is no way Whoopi should have apologized. She wasn't the one being rude.

Exactly.

Meghan McCain's job security is unreal. Pretty sure she could shoot any of her co-hosts on Fifth Ave and still have a job.

(Sarcasm aside, I really don't know where the line is with her. ABC is going to keep the hostile workplace going for as long as possible if the ratings are good, I guess.)

  • Like 14
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, falltime said:

There are no virtual audience tickets for tomorrow so most likely it's pre-recorded.

When they announced they were going to have a special episode about Juneteenth, I assumed it would be pretaped. Has Whoopi ever been on a live Friday episode in recent years?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was confused by Meghan's vitriol toward victoria's secret bras.  SHe said they have thick padding - (yes, some styles do,) no underwire (some have underwire, some don't) and she said they are CRAP.  OK, the nicest bras I ever bought were from VS - they're not crappy at all.   SHe seemed really angry.  And the story was about the changes - dropping the "angel"  models in favor of real women.  But even that pisses Meghan off.  

I really do think that she is experiencing a post-partum depression.  she's so unhappy and angry all the time. 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I was confused by Meghan's vitriol toward victoria's secret bras.  SHe said they have thick padding - (yes, some styles do,) no underwire (some have underwire, some don't) and she said they are CRAP. 

This was weird. She also called them "garbage". But if she had never worn one, how would she know that they were garbage?

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I was confused by Meghan's vitriol toward victoria's secret bras.  SHe said they have thick padding - (yes, some styles do,) no underwire (some have underwire, some don't) and she said they are CRAP.  OK, the nicest bras I ever bought were from VS - they're not crappy at all.   SHe seemed really angry.  And the story was about the changes - dropping the "angel"  models in favor of real women.  But even that pisses Meghan off.  

I really do think that she is experiencing a post-partum depression.  she's so unhappy and angry all the time. 

.Years  ago I used to buy tops from them ,cute T-shirts etc. nothing sexy just cute tops. I loved their classic tailored pjs too. 
Why  oh why does WG have to  apologize to that empty vessel? 

Edited by athousandclowns · Reason: Typo
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan only said Victoria Secret bras are garbage because they didn't have her size.  More likely she went to a store once and she wasn't treated like the very important person she thinks she is.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised Whoopi didn't know how to pronounce Megan Rapinoe's name and even more surprised Megan Rapinoe would be a spokesperson for Victoria's Secret.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

even more surprised Megan Rapinoe would be a spokesperson for Victoria's Secret.

Money.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Keep your comments about Meghan to what happened on the weekly episodes. A little excess discussion is okay but if you want to expound on her at length, take it to her topic.

Share this post


Link to post

I see by the comments that the show was as interesting as I thought it was. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t get to see it. How was the Jean Smart interview?

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I was confused by Meghan's vitriol toward victoria's secret bras.  SHe said they have thick padding - (yes, some styles do,) no underwire (some have underwire, some don't) and she said they are CRAP.  OK, the nicest bras I ever bought were from VS - they're not crappy at all.   SHe seemed really angry.  And the story was about the changes - dropping the "angel"  models in favor of real women.  But even that pisses Meghan off.  

I really do think that she is experiencing a post-partum depression.  she's so unhappy and angry all the time. 

 Personally, I think she bitched about VS, not because of the bras, but the PINK line of sweats and other non underwear type articles since  THEY don't come in plus sizes.  Nor do their panties.  Easier to blame her boobs than stocky/solid lower half.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah. Pre-mastectomies and reconstructive surgery, I had a large bust-but I don’t know if Twatty was just lying or ignorant of the bra styles that Victoria Secrets sold (she is both), but I absolutely did buy bras that were underwire for support. They also had some pretty ones they called minimizing bras to make me look smaller, which I loved. Some were just so pretty, but the material so itchy I had to put powder between to prevent me from scratching.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t get to see it. How was the Jean Smart interview?

The sound wasn’t good and they talked mostly about Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller and others who had an influence on her. It ended kind of abruptly when she was talking about Dixie Carter. I don’t know if she got choked up or if they had to have time for VYD. 

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t get to see it. How was the Jean Smart interview?

FYI, if you want to hear an excellent Jean Smart interview, check out Fresh Air.  JS talks about finally reaching a critical peak in her career at the same time she loses her husband.  Talk about bittersweet.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t get to see it. How was the Jean Smart interview?

I do really like Jean smart..nice interview.  Of course it’s MMs favorite  show ever ever ever!  Then notes how much she loved delta Burke…”oh and of course, you”.  
 

and what the HH is her hair today? Are those weird center part braids?  Looks awful, especially with the lanky straight hair falling from it.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Then notes how much she loved delta Burke…”oh and of course, you”.  

That was awkward!

46 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

and what the HH is her hair today? Are those weird center part braids?  Looks awful, especially with the lanky straight hair falling from it.  

For some reason, and I don't quite know why, but it creeped me out.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I do really like Jean smart..nice interview.  Of course it’s MMs favorite  show ever ever ever!  Then notes how much she loved delta Burke…”oh and of course, you”.  

Yeah, right, that this was her “favorite show ever” growing up, when this show premiered when she was born or somewhere around there. And does she know what the show was about and the issues it tackled? 

Y’all!!! I caved and got the gold eye masks and the Silkn hair removal system!! I did research on the latter to ensure it’s safety and efficacy!😁

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was surprised Whoopi didn't know how to pronounce Megan Rapinoe's name and even more surprised Megan Rapinoe would be a spokesperson for Victoria's Secret.

I'm not surprised.  I think the new image they're going for is a strong woman who can excel in sports, in business, in the home...  just a strong feminine image.  Rapinoe definitely checks all the boxes.  She played a major role in winning the cup a few yrs ago, and then promptly retired.  She's also led the charge in the equal pay fight.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I'm not surprised.  I think the new image they're going for is a strong woman who can excel in sports, in business, in the home...  just a strong feminine image.  Rapinoe definitely checks all the boxes.  She played a major role in winning the cup a few yrs ago, and then promptly retired.  She's also led the charge in the equal pay fight.

Well, good luck with that, VS. When I see Megan Rapinoe I don’t think lacy underwear. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan asking Annette Gordon-Reed about cancel culture was so aggravating! That is NOT RELEVANT TO JUNETEENTH!

But honestly, I blame the producers. Meghan may or may not want to talk cancel culture but it's on the producers of the show to keep the questions relevant. They made their host look worse than she already does. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Well, good luck with that, VS. When I see Megan Rapinoe I don’t think lacy underwear. 

They may be bringing out a new "attractive and comfortable" line. I think of Rapinoe as someone who wants to look attractive in her own way but has no patience with flimsy or uncomfortable.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They may be bringing out a new "attractive and comfortable" line. I think of Rapinoe as someone who wants to look attractive in her own way but has no patience with flimsy or uncomfortable.

And this is why they never make MEghan do VYDs - she'd make disparaging comments about the products.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Meghan asking Annette Gordon-Reed about cancel culture was so aggravating! That is NOT RELEVANT TO JUNETEENTH!

But honestly, I blame the producers. Meghan may or may not want to talk cancel culture but it's on the producers of the show to keep the questions relevant. They made their host look worse than she already does. 

Why is she so obsessed with cancel culture when it was her team that has made it an art form. I wish she would shut the hell up about it.   She never has anything substantial to add to any topic..

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I do really like Jean smart..nice interview.  Of course it’s MMs favorite  show ever ever ever!  Then notes how much she loved delta Burke…”oh and of course, you”.  
 

and what the HH is her hair today? Are those weird center part braids?  Looks awful, especially with the lanky straight hair falling from it.  

I can see Meghan being drawn to Delta Burke. I know she was thinner during Designing Women, but she's known for being a gorgeous plus size woman. It always feels strange to defend Meghan, but I can believe DW was her favorite show too. Saved by the Bell premiered when I was a toddler, but it was my childhood favorite. That show was huge throughout the 90s. I think DW was on for many years too. I remember it, and I'm a bit younger than Meghan. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I can see Meghan being drawn to Delta Burke. I know she was thinner during Designing Women, but she's known for being a gorgeous plus size woman. It always feels strange to defend Meghan, but I can believe DW was her favorite show too. Saved by the Bell premiered when I was a toddler, but it was my childhood favorite. That show was huge throughout the 90s. I think DW was on for many years too. I remember it, and I'm a bit younger than Meghan. 

Meghan said she watched Designing Women after school.  I'm assuming she meant when it was in syndication. 

10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why is she so obsessed with cancel culture when it was her team that has made it an art form. I wish she would shut the hell up about it.   She never has anything substantial to add to any topic..

I think she is going to ask every guest no matter why they are there about cancel culture.  It is her tribe's new dog whistle.  It would be great if someone responded with, "You mean like how you cancelled Colin Kapernick".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Meghan asking Annette Gordon-Reed about cancel culture was so aggravating! That is NOT RELEVANT TO JUNETEENTH!

But honestly, I blame the producers. Meghan may or may not want to talk cancel culture but it's on the producers of the show to keep the questions relevant. They made their host look worse than she already does. 

I don't think some of the other questions asked of the professor related specifically to Juneteenth either. Critical Race Theory being taught in schools, for example. While the professor is probably well-versed in what is being taught in college, she probably doesn't know what primary/secondary curriculums consist of and how they are being taught any more than most people do. I would have preferred to hear more talk about Juneteenth itself, and what the professor sees as how it can work in the future, and so on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I can see Meghan being drawn to Delta Burke.

She probably loved Delta Burke's character Suzanne's being sassy and spoiled. But she had humor and her nice moments. Meghan's just spoiled. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan said she watched Designing Women after school.  I'm assuming she meant when it was in syndication. 

I assumed this, too. I'm slightly younger than Meghan and I first discovered Designing Women when it was in reruns on Lifetime. It used to air in a block with Golden Girls.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

When the note came up at the bottom of the screen that the show was 'pre-recorded' on Friday, I deleted it from my DVR before Whoopi had a chance to talk. I forgot Jean Smart was a guest. Now I'm going to have to go back and try to restore it so I can watch if it's not too late (I think my system gives me 24 hours to reverse a deletion).

Share this post


Link to post

By the way, the box office results are already in for Friday (6/18) and Saturday (6/19) -  'In the Heights' has fallen 60% from last weekend's dismal showing of less than $12M. With a $55M budget, this film is an official 'flop'.  I'm sure this doesn't sit well with Whoopi, Ana or Sunny. Looks like Ana and Sunny is not reaching 'their' community with 'good word of mouth' for the movie they love. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

By the way, the box office results are already in for Friday (6/18) and Saturday (6/19) -  'In the Heights' has fallen 60% from last weekend's dismal showing of less than $12M.

I wonder how much might be attributed to the complaints about casting. Maybe people don't want to appear to be supporting something that's on the wrong side of the diversity requirements.

I'm sure Ana and Sunny will be disappointed, but enough for it to be an issue on the show?

Share this post


Link to post

Sunny’s complaints were one reason I decided not to see In the Heights in the theater. As far as I’m concerned she helped kill interest in it. I will still probably watch on hbo though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I assumed this, too. I'm slightly younger than Meghan and I first discovered Designing Women when it was in reruns on Lifetime. It used to air in a block with Golden Girls.

This was the case for me, too. It was what I watched when I first got off the bus in middle school and high school. I taped all of the Golden Girls back then, but I would've been wiser in retrospect if I'd recorded Designing Women instead. TGG airs on practically every channel nonstop still while Designing Women rarely shows up and often in the middle of the night.

Delta Burke's character was always my favorite from that show, too, and, unlike McCain, her having a big chest had nothing to do with it for me. I actually think the fact that she gained weight over the progress of the series made that show better, since they gave her funnier, zanier storylines instead of relegating her to Blanche Devereaux hand-me-downs.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I watched In the Heights.  I’m glad I didn’t bother spending $20 to see it. It’s no Hamilton.  It’s pleasant enough but not something I’ll remember. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, tableau vivant said:

Yet there are so many reasons it should have done well.

The target audience LMM was going after (the LatinX community) just didn't buy tickets for the movie. It's as simple as that.  It's a huge audience of all ages in the LatinX community which regularly goes to the movies  (from 'tweens to senior citizens) and they bought tickets to other movies instead of this one. THAT is what Sunny and Ana should have discussed: Why ? Why didn't LatinX support LMM ? 

 

ETA: Here's a link to a Variety report which explains why HBOMAX had nothing to do with 'In the Heights' flopping at the box office this weekend. What they report is very interesting about the movie, and how much it needs to make back ($200M !) for it to be profitable.  Ana and Sunny should really be pushing this film every chance they get to their community, rather defending LMM for his flaws in casting...

https://variety.com/2021/film/box-office/in-the-heights-box-office-hbo-max-1234995410/

I would just like to say I've seen it 3 times  (always in a theater, with different grandkids and their parents) and so far, every single person has really liked it! (I'm going to a theatre again tomorrow with the last of my grands who haven't seen it. (And yes, we have discussed the colorism issue, and agree on some of it.) But my point was that we  all still really liked it (and want to support more diverse movies.)

Ps I'm white, but my husband is a (dark) Puerto Rican, and I have a kid married to a Colombian-American and kids that are married to Mexican Americans. 

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I would just like to say I've seen it 3 times  (always in a theater, with different grandkids and their parents) and so far, every single person has really liked it! (I'm going to a theatre again tomorrow with the last of my grands who haven't seen it. (And yes, we have discussed the colorism issue, and agree on some of it.) But my point was that we  all still really liked it (and want to support more diverse movies.)

Ps I'm white, but my husband is a (dark) Puerto Rican, and I have a kid married to a Colombian-American and kids that are married to Mexican Americans. 

Nice to see that you have been supporting this movie. Too bad others haven't done the same - the box office lost 63% in its second weekend. It only grossed $2M overseas in two weekends.  WB and LMM most likely have written this off as a 'flop'.  It will never break even, never mind be profitable. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size