Type keyword(s) to search

What Did We Eat Today?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

Spaghetti alla Carbonara. I got inspired when I saw pancetta at Trader Joe's for 3 bucks.

I bet there'll be a crowd in TJ's the rest of this week, but thanks for the tip.  I haven't seen pancetta at TJ's but will look for it next trip (like next week!!)

We're having Thanksgiving again tonight. The meal I ordered to go yesterday was for 2, but there is enough turkey for another meal plus making turkey noodle soup. So, besides turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet mashed potatoes, sage-sausage dressing, green been casserole (made from scratch - it is really good), gravy, cranberry sauce, and maybe we'll get to the pumpkin pie.

Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, green peas, and (for me) applesauce. My mother always served applesauce when we had pork chops for dinner (she said it was to help with digesting pork). I think a lot of people did that years ago. It was a nice food trip down memory lane.

• Love 1

One of my favorite meals of the year, open faced hot turkey sandwiches: whole wheat lightly toasted, a layer of mashed potatoes, a small amount of gravy, a layer of stuffing, a small amount of gravy, sliced Turkey baked in the oven until hot, a ladle full of gravy over the whole thing and topped with cranberry sauce and a side of green been salad and raw Brussels sprout and pomegranate salad. 

• Love 3

Last night we celebrated our anniversary by getting dinner from Coastal Flats, a favorite restaurant nearby.  I had Crispy Two Noodle With Shrimp Salad, and MrP914 had a crab sandwich plus their chopped salad with buttermilk dressing. Love their food!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Last night we celebrated our anniversary by getting dinner from Coastal Flats, a favorite restaurant nearby.  I had Crispy Two Noodle With Shrimp Salad, and MrP914 had a crab sandwich plus their chopped salad with buttermilk dressing. Love their food!

Happy Anniversary! I looked at their menu and I can see why it's a favorite place.

We had curry peanut chicken with rice and veggies.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Nancy Silverton’s Chopped Salad. It’s basically an Italian sub without the bread but it has the word salad in it so it feels healthy!

I love that salad, especially in the summer. With bread on the side, of course.

Eggplant lasagna and salad for me.

8 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Congrats!!

Sadly there are not many places still open here in MT that deliver. My stomach has not been in a good mood lately so food consumption has been on the light side. Two noodle shrimp salad sounds divine!!

I just had plain pasta with butter and Asiago cheese.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Congrats!!

Sadly there are not many places still open here in MT that deliver. My stomach has not been in a good mood lately so food consumption has been on the light side. Two noodle shrimp salad sounds divine!!

I just had plain pasta with butter and Asiago cheese.

Thanks! Pasta w/ Asiago & butter sounds quite tasty to me. We picked up the meal (no extra fee from grub hub & the food was still hot). I hope your stomach's mood improves. 

Tonight was grilled salmon with a mustard vinaigrette, seasoned oven potato rounds, and green beans. Thank you to the grill master. It's 35 degrees outside.

Yesterday I was feeling lazy and in need of comfort food. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and Bob Evans mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner. I made chicken noodle soup with the leftover chicken and had that for lunch today. I'm going to freeze some.

You guys are eating such yummy sounding food! My stomach is still giving me problems, tonight I had oatmeal for dinner just to get some solid food in. I think tomorrow night is back to angel hair pasta, butter and asiago cheese.

13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

You guys are eating such yummy sounding food! My stomach is still giving me problems, tonight I had oatmeal for dinner just to get some solid food in. I think tomorrow night is back to angel hair pasta, butter and asiago cheese.

I know what you're going through in a way as I have issues now & then. One of my favorite true comfort-me-foods during these times is tapioca pudding. I have to pace myself cause I can easily gobble down the whole big bowlful. I cut back on the sugar a bit. It has egg & milk so it's a real meal.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

I know what you're going through in a way as I have issues now & then. One of my favorite true comfort-me-foods during these times is tapioca pudding. I have to pace myself cause I can easily gobble down the whole big bowlful. I cut back on the sugar a bit. It has egg & milk so it's a real meal.

Love tapioca and make it as a gift for my brother. Instead of all vanilla extract, I use half vanilla and half maple, then add some chopped pecans. Yum. I do understand eating it plain when a stomach is iffy. 

• Love 2

My Blue Apron meals this week are free. They are supposed to be delivered by 9 pm on Friday. I contacted them at 9:30 pm to let them know it hadn't arrived, so they credited my account. It finally showed up a little before 11. Tonight will be creamy pesto chicken with orzo.

3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Blintzes with blueberry syrup, chicken breakfast sausages, and applesauce. I like breakfast food for dinner!

So do I!!  And breakfast for dinner is the easiest lazy dinner to make - scrambled eggs, frozen vegetables and toast. 

• Love 1

We had a quiche from Harris Teeter, and a tossed salad. I haven't eaten quiche in years as I prefer no crust (fritatta!). But I was so surprised by how good this crust was. Will def try again. It was "less work for mother"...any New Yorkers here remember that theme song for Horn & Hardart's? 

I saw a really good looking shrimp po’ boy on tv this morning and had everything but the bread so made the rolls and am having them for dinner with a raw broccoli slaw.

Edited by biakbiak
10 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Dorie Greenspan’s Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good  I substituted apple gouda chicken sausage for the bacon, and omitted the thyme. 

I love this dish so much we frequently do this for Thanksgiving when there are vegetarians, ie either just omit the bacon or add soychorizo and go Mexican or Spanish with the cheese and other spices/herbs.

I froze the au jus from the prime rib dinner we had from a great takeout meal and used the rolls I made for the shrimp po’ boys to do French dips (with provolone and lots of horseradish), oven fries and the last of the broccoli salad. I only have a French dip about once a year but it always hits the spot! 

• Love 3