Type keyword(s) to search

What Did We Eat Today?

• Start Topic

I made a Frankenrecipe part panzanella to use up the last of some staleish sourdough, a sort of Greek salad (I sacrilegiouly used romaine, the horror) topped with some grilled chicken marinated in yogurt, lemon and oregano. 

• Love 2

Anyone plan to pig out in front of the TV while watching results?  I'm north of the border, but we're still keeping an eye on everything.  Doing chicken strips and tortillas tonight.  Caprese salad, beet salad (both store bought), sprouted greens.  I might steam some broccoli as well.  Yeah, it's kinda all over the place for tonight's dinner.  

43 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Anyone plan to pig out in front of the TV while watching results?  I'm north of the border, but we're still keeping an eye on everything.  Doing chicken strips and tortillas tonight.  Caprese salad, beet salad (both store bought), sprouted greens.  I might steam some broccoli as well.  Yeah, it's kinda all over the place for tonight's dinner.  

I just got home from Safeway where I bought a Bertolli dinner that I'll gussy up, some flowers, and a bottle of Prosecco. The griller was too tired after raking all day so I cut him some slack. Will start watching the news at 4--maybe that's when I should open the Prosecco :^)

6 hours ago, PRgal said:

I can’t handle it. I started with tacos and wine and I’m more drinking gin and eating peanut butter out of the jar. 

• Love 7

A light meal: Homemade shrimp cocktail with champagne for apps. House of Prime Rib delivery with their house cut, salad (I love their dressing), creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and Yorkshire pudding with a glorious Cab. 

• Love 4

I just love that there's a place that's called The House of Prime Rib!  My dinner will be Chicken Schnitzel from Aldi's, sauteed whole potatoes (from a can) and green beans (also from a can).  Not ambitious and not apologetic about it.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, basiltherat said:

just love that there's a place that's called The House of Prime Rib! 

It’s an old school San Francisco institution from the 40s with classic table side service (they carve the meat and make the salads at your table, dessert cart, etc.) but takeout will do during these times! 

Dinner tonight is chicken marsala, some preparation of potatoes, and broccoli. Dessert is Chrissy Teigen’s banana bread if it makes it that long once it’s out of the oven.

• Love 1

My favorite butcher (inside my favorite grocery store) had pork cutlets on sale (ridiculously low price) so I decided to try making weinerschnitzel (spelling?) and they came out delicious! I squeezed some Myers lemon juice over the top before eating...not sure that is even vaguely authentic but that little touch of lemony sourness complemented the breaded pork wonderfully. Accompanied with some sauvignon blanc (I'm not a beer drinker) and a large tangerine.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, isalicat said:

not sure that is even vaguely authentic but that little touch of lemony sourness complemented the breaded pork wonderfully

Most likely not Meyer lemons because they aren’t as popular in Europe but lemon is a traditional accompaniment.

BBQ shrimp and grits is on the menu tonight. 

• Love 1
On 10/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

@Gramto6 Texas Pete is a hot sauce. I don't like hot stuff so this is my limit on what I can manage. It is vineger-ey and smooth with no bitterness that I get from tabasco and most other sauces. I think I have that thing where you taste cilantro differently because I taste most hot sauces as a bitter ashy taste. Texas Pete provides just a bit of warmth and a good tangy-ness to most things. I am not one who enjoys hot things that just numb your mouth, taste bitter, and clear your sinuses. 

OMG! Just got 2 bottles of Texas Pete from Amazon! I love it! I am definitely a salt and vinegar person! I could drink this out of the bottle! I  love all sorts of hot sauce, this is a very mild one. Love Secret Aardvark Habanero pepper sauce, also Bravado Spice Co. Pineapple and Habanero Sauce and several other Bravado Spice co. flavors some hotter than others. I'm a spicy person, sambal oelek, sriracha,  this just ads to my arsenal. Thanks!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 2

Last night was a simple, but delicious cheeseburger on the grill. I also had some half sour pickles on the side. I also like to grill the onion slice for flavor.                1847D941-B1C4-481C-8E69-3857FFFFC959.jpeg.f28b51b35af3f6b2543f2d8eb6ec17a1.jpeg
It definitely needs to be squashed to fit in the mouth! 

• Love 4

Second takeout of the week. This one is a benefit for our local shelter for the chronically homeless. It's made by their bistro, which is staffed with graduates of their culinary arts program. Three course meal, kicking crab dip with homemade tortilla chips and bread, one order of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and veggies, one order of seared salmon with caramelized shallots, leeks, and fennel and herbed quinoa. Dessert is a chocolate meringue brownie. Each meal came with a bottle of wine. We got one bottle of champagne and one bottles of chardonnay.

• Love 7

Running errands today, I found myself near my favourite cupcake shop. I'm rarely in the area when they are open, so I decided I needed a treat.  Customers were lined up out the door, and I didn't see any convenient parking, so I kept driving and decided God didn't want me to have cupcakes.  I then passed a great barbecue restaurant I don't get to often, so I pulled over and called in an order for pickup as my alternative treat.  I ran another errand, then headed back to pick up my barbecue.  As I drove past the cupcake shop, I saw there was no line and there was a parking spot right in front.  

Turns out, God wanted me to have brisket, cornbread, mac and cheese AND a pumpkin spice cupcake.

Treat yo self. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

I'll be eating pork chops with no vegetables, because I am a moron.  My parents are already at the lake in their motorhome, and took their produce with them, and I have just the right amount of won't still be good when I get back food left to kill off before I join them Wednesday.  I'm spending tonight at their house (with their cats), and dutifully brought my salad mix and dressing and some leftover stir fry for tomorrow's lunch ... but forgot my broccoli.  My mom left me two thin-cut pork chops, so I have those brining, but I have no side dish.  I'll just have extra salad, but what a dumbass; jeez, for a whopping four things, I need to write it down?