Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ESS

S01.E09: Trial Day/S01.E10: 36 Hours - 2 Hour Series Finale

Recommended Posts

1x09: Trial Day: Rebel’s personal life becomes headline news and she begrudgingly distances herself from the Stonemore Medical trial.

1x10: 36 Hours: Rebel, Cruz, Lana and Ziggy round up an army of support to bring the Stonemore Medical case to a close.

Share this post


Link to post

When Rebel and Lana were in the world’s largest storage locker and she got to the box of ceramic animals, I was screaming “it’s in the cat!!!”.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

When Rebel and Lana were in the world’s largest storage locker and she got to the box of ceramic animals, I was screaming “it’s in the cat!!!”.

Same! I really wish networks would allow shows more time to breathe and find their footing before canceling them. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Wow! What a wrap-up! Since it's not coming back, I'm glad they got the trial outcome/settlement that was a win for the plaintiffs. Two hours was exhausting to watch. Some smart and lucky sleuthing by Lana and Rebel. Felt bad for Sean, but good that he found and reunited with his brother.

Glad to have gotten more backstory on Ziggy. Feelings about Grady are mixed - sometimes I think he's the worst, but then he turns around and becomes helpful and supportive. The next new case would have been interesting to watch. I was one who had almost decided not to watch anymore after about the fifth episode, but I'm glad I stuck it out. If only TPTB had given it more time!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The cancellation of this show is really hitting hard.  I like how all of them came together at the end. I do think Nate forgave Cassidy WAY to quickly.  That was just horrible what she did.  I wish ABC gave this show another season. 10 episodes are not enough to judge. They cancelled it after 6 episode, so unfair. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

This was one of the most satisfying finales I’ve seen in a long time. The evidence they found was not something I expected.  I’m going to miss the show.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

If only TPTB had given it more time!

 

16 hours ago, Court said:

 I really wish networks would allow shows more time to breathe and find their footing before canceling them. 

 

3 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

The cancellation of this show is really hitting hard.  I wish ABC gave this show another season. 10 episodes are not enough to judge. They cancelled it after 6 episode, so unfair. 

I'm in the minority, but I thought it made a good mini-series with a conclusion at the end. Trying to draw it out to a full season of 22-24 episodes or bring it back for a second season, it would have become tedious.  

Edited by eel21788
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed the wrap up and think I would watch if there’s another season but oh well. I might have missed something but was Karsten ever found? I know they found his thumb drive but I assume he was kidnapped. What will happen to the little boy? You can’t just take a small child out of a foster home. I still think the cast was a little bloated and the doctor son and his dad could have been cut out without changing much.

I have always loved Andy Garcia and hope he gets his own show. I would watch a Cruz show with or without Rebel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

You can’t just take a small child out of a foster home.

Zingy mentioned they filled out the paperwork, probably quickly and perhaps not above board. To which Rebels first husband, the policeman, said that he “heard nothing”. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

She said they reported the abuse and hoped CPS would assume he ran away. They wouldn’t assume a boy that little ran away. She wouldn’t be able to file any other kind of paperwork. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The entire show has been based on that entourage skirting the law and bending the rules until they get what they want.  You just have to handwave the machinations and accept the result.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

The cancellation of this show is really hitting hard.  I like how all of them came together at the end. I do think Nate forgave Cassidy WAY to quickly.  That was just horrible what she did.  I wish ABC gave this show another season. 10 episodes are not enough to judge. They cancelled it after 6 episode, so unfair. 

I didn't know it had been cancelled. That's too bad, this was one show that was so easy and enjoyable to watch, in a way I cannot really explain but that's how it came to me. I even enjoyed Andy Garcia, someone I really dislike. Too bad.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well I've been so upset to say anything. I wanted to settle and collect my thoughts.
What an amazing 2 hours, I loved every minute!

First off I can't believe Rebel was arrested for doing absolutely nothing wrong at all...I was so angry by that! Damn press didn't help either. Grady was the one drunk NOT Rebel. I wanted to kill Grady so badly.

Rebel was once again hilarious!! with both Nate with that statement about his birth (which he didn't really want to hear, but it worked to Rebel's advantage!) Of course her little tirade to Cruz that was too funny!!

I was so glad Ziggy was alright and apparently was in court the whole time.. that scare really broke my heart because poor Rebel was so exhausted and stressed.
Once again Rebel & Lana.. god I'm gonna them so much!! So glad they were able to figure out what Cartson was talking about with the cat and they found they needed to nail Stonemore I was so excited for them and they were able to reach a settlement that so awesome as well. 

I was shocked Sean was working for Stonemore I didn't expect that at all, but I felt for him by the time Rebel questioned him he didn't do it for greed, but for legit reasons, but it was still wrong to scare the hell out of Rebel like that (and Grady as much as I hate to admit it). So glad Ziggy was found safe and sound I was so worried there for a minute.

I couldn't believe what Stonemore did to Cartson and Randall...ugh they are even sicker than I thought, but so glad Randall was okay after a while and poor Cartson Stonemore is so evil!!

Ugh Cassidy I couldn't believe she questioned Misha like that and used that information on her that Nate told her in confidence that was so low!!
Ziggy it's official she's so alike her mother it's not even funny I'm gonna so miss their relationship I loved them so much!!

I'm so glad Lana talked Rebel about Cassidy and why she feels the way she does against Rebel, Rebel needed that and there wasn't a better person to get through to her than her sister in law and best friend, Lana.

So glad they got Sean's brother, Danny is alright and safe.

That ending I loved it, but it was bittersweet and I was so sad, but it seems they left it open ending so that seems like a good sign to me.

Praying & hoping there's more seasons to come with this awesome show because it so deserves it there's more stories to tell with Rebel & her family!

15 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

The cancellation of this show is really hitting hard.  I like how all of them came together at the end. I do think Nate forgave Cassidy WAY to quickly.  That was just horrible what she did.  I wish ABC gave this show another season. 10 episodes are not enough to judge. They cancelled it after 6 episode, so unfair. 

It's definitely hitting me too so I know exactly how you feel I'm still emotional...I'll never forgive ABC for this! 

Edited by ESS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

While I will miss Andy Garcia in this show; not so much Katy Sagal and the Ziggy character.  Thought they were so over the top.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cameron said:

While I will miss Andy Garcia in this show; not so much Katy Sagal and the Ziggy character.  Thought they were so over the top.

Katey's character Rebel is supposed to like that though! it's how she is too much and loud, she's her own character and only loosely based on Erin Brockovich. I'm sorry you don't like her or Ziggy, but I personally love them both and will miss them terribly 😢 Plus I'm so gonna miss Rebel & Lana's friendship too and of course Katey & Tamala they are adorable in their skits they did on instagram #BatmanRobinDuo

Edited by ESS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ESS said:

Katey's character Rebel is supposed to like that though! it's how she is too much and loud, she's her own character and only loosely based on Erin Brockovich. I'm sorry you don't like her or Ziggy, but I personally love them both and will miss them terribly 😢

Did get to meet Andy Garcia when he played in the Pebble Beech Pro-AM golf tournament when I volunteered in the player's tent.  A real gentlemen through and through.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

She said they reported the abuse and hoped CPS would assume he ran away. They wouldn’t assume a boy that little ran away. She wouldn’t be able to file any other kind of paperwork. 

Yeah, she pretty much admitted to kidnapping. Hopefully they will apply to legally foster the kid or something, although I doubt it would be that easy. But it is just another example of Rebel (and now Ziggy/Grady) thinking they can break the rules to do what they want, and that it is okay because they are "helping people."

I thought this was a really great ending, considering they didn't know they were cancelled. They wrapped everything up and gave everyone a happy ending. 

I thought it was kind of silly at the beginning that so many reporters were at Rebel's house, and that Stonemore didn't settle because of her arrest. Who cares if a client advocate who gets arrested for protesting all the time is charged with drunk and disorderly? She didn't kill anyone. We've seen her do more illegal things in every episode. Maybe 1-2 reporters covering the trial would show up, but a huge horde was just ridiculous. They are in LA where there's way more interesting things happening for reporters to cover.

I liked the judge telling Cassidy how terrible she was being for trying to trash Abigail Spencer's character for her sex life. That was really, really, low of Cassidy. If I was on the jury, I would have thought Stonemore was terrible for that and for trying to shame the other woman's grandmother for mental health issues.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought this was a really great ending, considering they didn't know they were cancelled.

I suspect they had ab idea that it would be cancelled, although not a confirmation, so they tried to make sure the main plot had closure.

I wish we could see Cassidy and her father get slammed a little more in their professional life. Corporate attorneys, along with corporate CEOs, are one of the worst people n the world. Just see what is happening to Steven Donziger.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2021 at 7:06 AM, ESS said:

Of course her little tirade to Cruz that was too funny!!

I didn’t believe a word of it (but then, again, it’s Rebel, so….). All I could think of during that rant was the proverbial grandfather lecture about walking 10 miles to school, uphill both ways!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2021 at 11:29 AM, ESS said:

Katey's character Rebel is supposed to like that though! it's how she is too much and loud, she's her own character and only loosely based on Erin Brockovich. I'm sorry you don't like her or Ziggy, but I personally love them both and will miss them terribly 😢 Plus I'm so gonna miss Rebel & Lana's friendship too and of course Katey & Tamala they are adorable in their skits they did on instagram #BatmanRobinDuo

I thought both “pretty woman” actress (blanking on her name at this moment), and Katie Sagal were both well-cast for the boldness of the character. What I remember about the daughter from the movie: timid, but stubborn, indicates Ziggy was well-cast and played as well. I don’t remember so many actual (biological) family members in the movie. Just many very close friends she had helped in the past, so she relied upon them like family. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Daff said:

I thought both “pretty woman” actress (blanking on her name at this moment),

Julia Roberts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Daff said:

I thought both “pretty woman” actress (blanking on her name at this moment), and Katie Sagal were both well-cast for the boldness of the character. What I remember about the daughter from the movie: timid, but stubborn, indicates Ziggy was well-cast and played as well. I don’t remember so many actual (biological) family members in the movie. Just many very close friends she had helped in the past, so she relied upon them like family. 

Katey's character Rebel is only loosely based on Erin Brockovich and Rebel isn't really based on that movie much as Rebel the person is her own character with similarities to Erin and Katey made up Rebe's backstory herself. So the show is similar in some respect, but way different in others.

18 hours ago, Daff said:

I didn’t believe a word of it (but then, again, it’s Rebel, so….). All I could think of during that rant was the proverbial grandfather lecture about walking 10 miles to school, uphill both ways!

Oh I believed it, but it's like you said Rebel, but okay. 

Edited by ESS

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/13/2021 at 8:06 AM, circumvent said:

I wish we could see Cassidy and her father get slammed a little more in their professional life. Corporate attorneys, along with corporate CEOs, are one of the worst people n the world. Just see what is happening to Steven Donziger.

I don't disagree, but I did like that at the end Rebel and everyone welcomes Cassidy and Benji over for their celebration dinner. In some shows you may have family members not speak for weeks because they were on opposite sides at work and here everyone put it all aside and acted like family.

I am not sure it would have been so easy if Stonemore had won the case though. Cassidy and Benji lost their case, but they still got paid a ton of money for their work and had no real personal stakes in the case the way everyone else did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Finally got to see the finale, and now I'm even more sad that this show was canceled. I really enjoyed this - the characters, the stories, the casting, and the somewhat authentic relationships. A generous mix of drama, combined with comedy, mystery and challenging conversations. There wasn't a lot of violence (I don't do well with bloody scenes - they're torture for me), and that's refreshing.

Andy Garcia's performance was excellent and I thought his daughter, Daniella (who played Maddie) was also very good. Actually, I thought the whole cast was great!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bliss said:

Finally got to see the finale, and now I'm even more sad that this show was canceled. I really enjoyed this - the characters, the stories, the casting, and the somewhat authentic relationships. A generous mix of drama, combined with comedy, mystery and challenging conversations. There wasn't a lot of violence (I don't do well with bloody scenes - they're torture for me), and that's refreshing.

Andy Garcia's performance was excellent and I thought his daughter, Daniella (who played Maddie) was also very good. Actually, I thought the whole cast was great!

So glad you enjoyed the finale, don't give up yet as we are trying very hard to find the show a new home, but it's taking some time and hopefully we'll succeed.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ESS said:

So glad you enjoyed the finale, don't give up yet as we are trying very hard to find the show a new home, but it's taking some time and hopefully we'll succeed.  

Best thing I've read all day! I REALLY like this show!

There was a show several years ago, filmed in Vancouver I think, called Motive. It let you know right off the bat who the victim was, and who was the killer. Sounds like a done deal, right? What's to watch!? Yet, they somehow made it into a very appealing show, with great casting and decent plots... there was always a twist in the connection. I was sad when it ended - but at least it had a few seasons. They didn't even give Rebel a chance it seems. Bossturds. Pardon my Canuck.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Bliss said:

Best thing I've read all day! I REALLY like this show!

There was a show several years ago, filmed in Vancouver I think, called Motive. It let you know right off the bat who the victim was, and who was the killer. Sounds like a done deal, right? What's to watch!? Yet, they somehow made it into a very appealing show, with great casting and decent plots... there was always a twist in the connection. I was sad when it ended - but at least it had a few seasons. They didn't even give Rebel a chance it seems. Bossturds. Pardon my Canuck.

Yes ABC canceled Rebel after 5 episodes and they didn't even let it finish, but on the other hand they did let us finish out the season without pulling the remaining episodes so I have to give them a little credit, but just barely. I'll never forgive them for this. We are doing our best with this right now and I have faith it will coming back even though some others don't, but it's not in my nature to just give up on something like this and Katey is fighting with us so that's even better and she's encouraged us to fight so that's makes me want to fight more and makes me draw off of her faith for the show. 

Edited by ESS
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size