Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
humbleopinion

S.12 Where Are They Now?

Recommended Posts

Four months after Decision Day, the couples from Atlanta are back as both the newlyweds and the (re)newly single give updates on how their lives have changed since the cameras went away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Cast seen around Atlanta wearing these t shirts...

Jake: Better not Bitter…Still Pissed Tho

Haley: Hale, Hale…Gang’s All Here

Ryan: I Love You, now STFU

Clara: Love You More, you ass

Bri:Tiptoe Through The Eggshells with me

Vincent:Does This Make My Butt Look Fat?

Virginia: It’s Happy Hour Somewhere

Erik: I Eat Denial for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

POS: Where’s My Trophy?

Paige: 🏆

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Heaven help me, I am probably going to watch - or at least check in. I am disgusted with myself. But, I am NOT going to watch the next two weeks of replays and highlights.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Heaven help me, I am probably going to watch - or at least check in. I am disgusted with myself. But, I am NOT going to watch the next two weeks of replays and highlights.

Come wallow in the mud with your friends....it will be fine.....

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Nice that Jake found a production assistant who wanted to pad her resume nice woman who shares his interest in neon.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

So Jake and Paige have new people to date and Haley's a bridesmaid again.  Does this mean the editors don't like her?

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm... was expecting the usual format for reunion/check in shows - couples perched on couches answering questions from the host, interspersed with clips from their season.   Last night, however, felt like a regular episode... with a voice over promising us a look at what happened with the couples after the cameras left, as they  proceeded to show us 2 hours of footage captured by MAFS camera crews....  And I mean, whatever, but it did make me snicker a little.  ( :

Not surprisingly, we see that 4 momths down the road, little has changed. Jake cemented his claim-to-fame as MAFS' most awkward cast member ever.. . And I lol'd every time he talked about his blind date, "Su-Zahn."  Because a name pronounced with a French accent is exactly what you'd expect from the girl born and bred in Georgia. In the meantime  Haley remains the same closed off person we saw all season.  I'm sorry... but won't be missing either of these two.

Speaking of people I won't miss... Vincent and Briana did nothing this episode to change my opinion of them. They aren't awful by any means, but they just...underwhelm. Briana with her fake-demure voice, and Vincent, the perpetual sour-puss. Somebody should've warned him years ago that if you don't wipe unpleasant expressions off your face, it's eventually gonna freeze that way.

Erik also didn't gain any ground with me this episode.   He's definitely not amongst the worst MAFS villians, but his condescension bugs. Together, he and Virginia just make me anxious,  as it feels like every conversation is teeteeing between civility and a fight.  

Chris and Paige... nothing to say about these two. Next.

... which finally leaves me with the only couple I liked at all this season - Clara snd Ryan - and I'm only lukewarm on them, at best.  Guess it's time to start looking forward to the next season.  Whether heart-warming romance or head-turning drama,  I'm here for it. ( ;

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Hmm... was expecting the usual format for reunion/check in shows - couples perched on couches answering questions from the host, interspersed with clips from their season.   Last night, however, felt like a regular episode... with a voice over promising us a look at what happened with the couples after the cameras left, as they  proceeded to show us 2 hours of footage captured by MAFS camera crews....  And I mean, whatever, but it did make me snicker a little.  ( :

Not surprisingly, we see that 4 momths down the road, little has changed. Jake cemented his claim-to-fame as MAFS' most awkward cast member ever.. . And I lol'd every time he talked about his blind date, "Su-Zahn."  Because a name pronounced with a French accent is exactly what you'd expect from the girl born and bred in Georgia. In the meantime  Haley remains the same closed off person we saw all season.  I'm sorry... but won't be missing either of these two.

Speaking of people I won't miss... Vincent and Briana did nothing this episode to change my opinion of them. They aren't awful by any means, but they just...underwhelm. Briana with her fake-demure voice, and Vincent, the perpetual sour-puss. Somebody should've warned him years ago that if you don't wipe unpleasant expressions off your face, it's eventually gonna freeze that way.

Erik also didn't gain any ground with me this episode.   He's definitely not amongst the worst MAFS villians, but his condescension bugs. Together, he and Virginia just make me anxious,  as it feels like every conversation is teeteeing between civility and a fight.  

Chris and Paige... nothing to say about these two. Next.

... which finally leaves me with the only couple I liked at all this season - Clara snd Ryan - and I'm only lukewarm on them, at best.  Guess it's time to start looking forward to the next season, as MAFS returns to my neck of the woods (Dallas). As always, whether heart-warming romance or head-turning drama,  I'm here for it. ( ;

I pretty much agree with your assessment.

I still like Jake, but, yeah, that date started off kind of awkward.  Not sure I am buying her being so into the stuff he is, but maybe.

Still dislike Haley - she learned so much about herself?  Yeah? Her friend was piling on the compliments, but, yeah, a friend will do that even if it isn't true, especially if they are being paid something to be on this show.

Brianna's voice and little girl pose will get tiring for Vinnie, I think.  Hope they are not making a mistake getting a house before they know this will work.

Eric is showing signs of frustration with his child bride, she doesn't seem to be maturing a lot to me, but maybe I am wrong.  He went along with her peanut butter head idea, so guess he'll do anything to please her.  

Not sure I think the big vow renewal ceremony is a good idea, especially something so like a wedding, but maybe that's just me.  And I never like the idea of a holiday wedding like this.  Won't it be more expensive for everybody to fly in and find accommodations? Not my money, so guess if Ryan is ok with it, that's what counts.  Or might MAFS actually kick in a lot of that and it will be filmed?  Hmmm...

I hope Paige does not rush into anything with new guy. Yeah, he seems nice and is a breath of fresh air after the devil-boy, but she should be cautious.  She says she'll take it slow, but will she stick with that plan.  Glad we didn't get to see Chris's ugly scowling face. 

Some of these couples may stay together for a while, but I don't see a lot of good relationships. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Remember the episode of Big Bang Theory in Las Vegas when Leonard and Raj hire a prostitute to give a wounded Howard “the girlfriend experience” or more specifically the “Jewish girlfriend experience.”

Welcome to Jake’s 80’s Nerd Girlfriend Experience…

“SousZahn” was well coached by “Michael” her pimp…

Big Nose…check

She thinks his faux hawk and beard “cute”

Drank the swill red wine out of Old fashioned bar glasses…who doesn’t have 6 wine glasses from IKEA?

Sat in front of the plate of slop in front of her…wut was that plate o’ mess take out?

When she referenced  George Lucas’ Monkey Island…Mister Harder became harder…he should have proposed then and there…his inner child was so pleased

Is giving a tour of your home a regional thing? a Jake thing?
Have long time friends and have only been in their living room, dining room, kitchen, guest bathroom…and vice versa…

“Loving” Actual Neon and ”Loving” Reactive Neon…she was a little too eager to please

Asking to get in the hot tub which just happened to be fired up and hot even though the pool was winterized….totally set up by field producers…the bedroom sauna would have made more sense…too steamy to film, thof

Plus having her swimsuit….because her pimp knew that would get her camera time….

Members of the jury…this was a total scripted scenario with a fame ho for hire

The quote Elaine Benes…Fake, fake, fake, fake

On a side note…

Where is Jake buying all those 1/2 suits?
Is he throwing away the pants or just buying suit jackets like a separate?
Guess they are better than his sleeveless hoodies with jorts but it isn’t turning him into David Niven and hiding his lack of style.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jake's house looks creepy AF and that paid woman was lucky there were cameras.  Kinda interesting that she had a big nose like Jake wanted.   It was definitely producer shenanigans.

I didn't get the impression that Haley has a drinking problem, she just looks like a social drinker to me and she's clearly comfortable being around a group of women.   The rest of the women were drinking, too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I just hope this is the last we've seen of this bunch.  I know Brianna/Vincent and Erik/Virginia will be on Couples Cam but I don't watch that.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

He went along with her peanut butter head idea, so guess he'll do anything to please her.  

As long as there are cameras there. Those two make me nervous.

I actually fell asleep and don't care. I was so annoyed at spending so much time on that horrible smug Paige - first with her friend snd then all that time on her"totally real date with a guy who just happens to agree to being filmed." I don't like her and never will. She is too much for me. 

Haley is still annoying and will be single forever. I bet she was waiting to be asked to be Clara's bridesmaid.  I am not sure if Suz-onnnnn and Jake will work, but, again, as long as the date is being filmed, it is not real. But, good luck to him.

That was a nice house that Vinnie and Bri were looking at and I hope it works for them. I didn't see if they made an offer.

Ryan and Clara are fine and will be fine. That is all.

ETA: Judging by the number of responses here, it looks like the producers have gone to the well once too often this season. I am guessing the numbers will even be lower for the next two weeks.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

IMO this was such a boring episode!  Don't care about the newly single starting to date again.  Fast-forwarded both dating stories.  This episode settled for me how much I don't like Haley as her "I'm trying to apologize" sounded NOTHING like an apology, and I have certainly heard many, many non-apologies in my day.  I also think she was hoping that Clara was going to tell her that they weren't going to invite Jake to the vow renewal.

So, on the bright side?  There was only one really quick clip of Chris (and he was briefly mentioned by the other participants) and they did not give him a "story."  Finally!!!

I am so glad that I always record this show as I was able to speed through this snooze-fest.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Frankly, I don't think there was anything for Haley to apologize for, other than regretting that the marriage didn't work out.  She owed Jake nothing but divorce papers, which they were both more than happy to sign.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

I still like Jake, but, yeah, that date started off kind of awkward.  Not sure I am buying her being so into the stuff he is, but maybe.

Brianna's voice and little girl pose will get tiring for Vinnie, I think.  Hope they are not making a mistake getting a house before they know this will work.

Jake's date knew what he was talking about and was able to respond appropriately (which I could not have done) so maybe she enjoys some of the nerdy things he likes.  I guess we'll find out if these dates were fake or real when we see if they're together or not.  (Not that they couldn't have dated for a while and broken up, but I won't believe they are real unless they are still together 😄 )

As for Brianna - I think the baby voice is her way of not sounding strident or "bossy" and Vincent likes it!  It's like nails on a chalkboard for me, but different strokes and all that.

ETA:  Can someone tell me what is happening on this show for the next 2 weeks?

Edited by princelina
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Next week is the Hall of Fame contestants and the following week is a look back at Season 12's Top 25 moments. This season has been way too long and I hope their attempts to drag it out fails miserably and the numbers are as low as it seems the number of people who watched last night.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

6/17 Hall of Fame (Shame)-JamieO hosts clip show from past 12 seasons for no good reason other than to trick your DVR
 6/23 Look Back Special- another clip show that will struggle to find 25 memorable anything from the sh*t show that was Season 12 Atlanta

Planning to paint a big square on my wall and watch it dry for 2 hours in lieu of watching either of these shows….

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

6/17 Hall of Fame (Shame)-JamieO hosts clip show from past 12 seasons for no good reason other than to trick your DVR
 6/23 Look Back Special- another clip show that will struggle to find 25 memorable anything from the sh*t show that was Season 12 Atlanta

Planning to paint a big square on my wall and watch it dry for 2 hours in lieu of watching either of these shows….

yuck, i will make sure to stop these from taping and join you to watch the paint dry

i don't watch couples cam and have no interest in seeing what i have already seen about these couples

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Holy Hell, this was boring. They have milked this cast dry. I got confused as to which show I was watching because two of these couples are also on Couples Cam right now. My fast forward button got a work out.

The only interesting tidbits to me are that 1. Ryan still talks to Chris (what! why????) and 2. makes more than Clara (what exactly does he do?) and 3. it's enough money that he didn't bat an eye at the $8,000 price tag for a NYE/wedding party venue. It's really too bad they aren't on Couples Cam because I find them the "best" couple this season. I saw on Instagram Stories a funny post from Ryan showing his pensive face labeled "Me realizing we still had one more episode to film". Ha! He is definitely not a fan of the cameras and I am sure he was happy to see the end of the Lifetime camera crew.

If they try this post-reunion nonsense next season I will not be watching.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

it's enough money that he didn't bat an eye at the $8,000 price tag for a NYE/wedding party venue.

First of all, I find Ryan's appearance to be disheveled and unkempt to the extreme.  The scruffy facial hair with the waxed mustache really gives him a bedraggled look, obviously by design.

As far as his generosity and financial situation are concerned I think he has an excellent career-type position in the tech sector and makes a good living.  However, I see Ryan as a withholding type of person in many aspects of his being, financial being one of them.  I kind of experienced Clara "tap dancing around" the issue of the cost of the venue stating that he would have to bear the brunt of the cost and she would contribute the DYI craft projects.  When Ryan didn't bat an eye at the $8K cost I took that to mean that his mental wheels were spinning in his head trying to appear cool while he ruminated on the implications to his bank account of her request.  

IMO, this couple is not survivable in the long run because Ryan and Clara think that their "complimentary" lifestyles make them more compatible; however, I believe just the opposite and when he starts tightening the financial screws on her (because he makes much more $$ than she does) and the accompanying strains between them become more unbearable for Clara to tolerate (after all the cameras are off) she'll reach an emotional boiling point and run.  Luckily, they aren't actively looking for a big ticket purchase like a house.  That's good!!

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The renewal ceremony is their MAFS storyline….

Clarabelle can’t afford and Ryan is increasingly resistant to pay big bucks for the venue…so are they hoping MAFS will pony up and pay for it if it is filmed?

Clara can wear her old wedding dress with alterations to the hem and with proper shoes.
Just move Ry’s exercise equipment out of the way and have their pre divorce party in their backyard or ask Jake to host their party….they can pay for new sand since the beach is filled with corgi dog poos.

Why have a party at a venue space that costs $8,000 to rent and then have cheapo  food and booze? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

If both his parents are ministers why not have a church ceremony? Have punch and cake in the fellowship hall.
If Clara was smart she would go full religion in the renewing of their vows if she wants to stay married to Ryan.

Then throw a reception at their house and spend $8000on booze, food and another trip.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

Clara can wear her old wedding dress with alterations to the hem and with proper shoes.

Did anyone else think that Clara was hoping Ryan would offer to pay for the $3,500 "dream dress" when she told him it was too expensive and she would have a less expensive one made?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, humbleopinion said:

The renewal ceremony is their MAFS storyline….

Clarabelle can’t afford and Ryan is increasingly resistant to pay big bucks for the venue…so are they hoping MAFS will pony up and pay for it if it is filmed?

Clara can wear her old wedding dress with alterations to the hem and with proper shoes.
Just move Ry’s exercise equipment out of the way and have their pre divorce party in their backyard or ask Jake to host their party….they can pay for new sand since the beach is filled with corgi dog poos.

Why have a party at a venue space that costs $8,000 to rent and then have cheapo  food and booze? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

If both his parents are ministers why not have a church ceremony? Have punch and cake in the fellowship hall.
If Clara was smart she would go full religion in the renewing of their vows if she wants to stay married to Ryan.

Then throw a reception at their house and spend $8000on booze, food and another trip.

I am not sure why anyone would rent a hall for $8000 for a NYE wedding and not get a caterer, how much work do they want to do on their wedding day anyway. Seriously, that plan is so stupid and not cost effective at all, there are more options out there that make more financial sense, maybe this is just a story line but Clara is angling for a MAFS sponsored wedding special.

Jake having a blind date come over to his house, what woman would do that in real life? And she brought her bathing suit, I don't know a woman that would do that, is this girl that thirsty to be on TV? Did she think she was on The Bachelor?

Haley is now single but still boring.

Paige annoys me, still.

Virginia is twitchy, still.  

Bri seems like she is really happy for now.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Clara can wear her old wedding dress with alterations to the hem and with proper shoes.

But didn't you hear Clara say she wants a new $3,500 dress? And this is the wedding they both actually want (not so subtle shade at the MAFS sponsored one). It also sounds like they have a lot more people that they want to invite as opposed to the fifty they were allowed to invite to their MAFS wedding.

 

33 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I see Ryan as a withholding type of person in many aspects of his being, financial being one of them.  I kind of experienced Clara "tap dancing around" the issue of the cost of the venue stating that he would have to bear the brunt of the cost and she would contribute the DYI craft projects. 

I follow them on Instagram and I don't see him that way at all. I'm pretty sure the withholding was show-related. And I have been married for twenty plus years, but if I told Mr. Ilovepie I wanted to have a re-commitment ceremony and it was going to cost eight grand just for the venue and he was paying for it with no contribution from me, I would also be "tap dancing" around the issue. It's a big ask for something not necessary, and they have only been together for a few months after having a "free" wedding! I would put (some) money on Ryan and Clara making it. I would not do the same for Erik and Virginia.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Clara can wear her old wedding dress with alterations to the hem and with proper shoes.
Just move Ry’s exercise equipment out of the way and have their pre divorce party in their backyard or ask Jake to host their party….they can pay for new sand since the beach is filled with corgi dog poos.

Thanks SO MUCH for providing me with side-splitting laughter that I really needed today!! 

All your suggestions are exactly right and the part about the ultra-religious ceremony to utilize the church venue simply shines on all levels!  BRAVO!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Seriously, that plan is so stupid and not cost effective at all, there are more options out there that make more financial sense, maybe this is just a story line but Clara is angling for a MAFS sponsored wedding special.

 

Even JamieO was not able to sell MAFS to pay for a second wedding…why would the audience want to see these two get married again..it won’t be much different than the first ceremony except no stupid blindfolds….

Are guests expected to bring gifts or to gift cash for this renewal ceremony?
I don’t think they will get that many guests coming on NYE to fill up that huge venue…friends who live in Atlanta leave and go visit their families far and wide in their hometowns or travel for the holidays…Atlanta empties out…

Sidepart under park ranger hat is thinking…Am I going to still want to be married in 7 months to Clara and be out of thousands of dollars in deposits for an ill conceived party?

Has a small church vow renewal In the evening in formal wear, a NYE catered dinner for 30 people and fireworks at midnight, put the Chuckle Brothers,Jake and Erik in charge of buying and blowing up the fireworks.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Even JamieO was not able to sell MAFS to pay for a second wedding

This is first season that I have watched and only know JamieO because her interviews...I guess Clara will hound TPTB to let her have a show like she hounded Ryan in to saying he loves her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

If both his parents are ministers why not have a church ceremony? Have punch and cake in the fellowship hall.
If Clara was smart she would go full religion in the renewing of their vows if she wants to stay married to Ryan.

I had a co-worker who invited me to her Quaker wedding, and I still remember how enjoyable and moving it was.  All they served at the reception was cake and punch, which was delicious.  I haven't seen the couple in years but I hope they're still together.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

But didn't you hear Clara say she wants a new $3,500 dress? And this is the wedding they both actually want (not so subtle shade at the MAFS sponsored one). It also sounds like they have a lot more people that they want to invite as opposed to the fifty they were allowed to invite to their MAFS wedding.

I think they said they have a guest list of 150...

Share this post


Link to post

Clara is fooling herself that Ryan is all in with their marriage because of the elephant in the room…

The importance of religion in his life, his ministerial parents, his future children.

Clara’s turning away from the church has not been reconciled and it must sit uneasy with Ryan.

 Ryan will divorce Clara unless she starts going to his parents’church, is an active member and will raise their children in the church…

Methinks that RyRy will quietly separate from Clara over their differing religious lifestyles and is one of the reasons why they are not cashing in on Couple’s Cam.

Clara certainly likes hearing herself talk, the camera and collecting Lifetime checks.

She is touting the party line of wanting privacy because Sidepart needs time to figure out how to give her the heave ho, emphasis on the Ho.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Methinks that RyRy will quietly separate from Clara over their differing religious lifestyles and is one of the reasons why they are not cashing in on Couple’s Cam.

Not likely, since there was gossip posted somewhere that Ryan and Clara bought a house together a month or so ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

She is touting the party line of wanting privacy because Sidepart needs time to figure out how to give her the heave ho, emphasis on the Ho.

😅😅I don't know what your day job is (that would include inside or outside of your home)  but you could certainly qualify to appear as a "warm-up act" for any of the Vegas headliners!!!😅😅

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

It was funny for me to see Ginny and Eric do exactly what I suggested way back when they were first having problems with Rocky - which was to hire a dog trainer and work together to learn how to have well-behaved dogs! They even said they could have avoided many arguments if they had done it sooner.  

Notice when the trainer was there, Ginny was willing to admit that he had many behaviors she didn't like. She was too defensive/immature to admit that Eric was right about Rocky. The dog problem was another manifestation of the parent-child dynamic they had going on where Eric is the stern parent trying to get the ill-behaved child (Ginny) to behave. 

I found it interesting to imagine what Eric would have been like had he been paired with a responsible woman such as Briana.  As far as Ginny, I'm not sure what sort of guy she would have gotten along with better. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I found it interesting to imagine what Eric would have been like had he been paired with a responsible woman such as Briana.  As far as Ginny, I'm not sure what sort of guy she would have gotten along with better. 

Ginny would have gotten along great with a guy close to her own maturity level, who loves drinking games and admires her ability to keep up with the guys in terms of her alcohol intake. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 3:50 PM, humbleopinion said:

Even JamieO was not able to sell MAFS to pay for a second wedding…why would the audience want to see these two get married again..it won’t be much different than the first ceremony except no stupid blindfolds….

She actually did. They had a second wedding on a Caribbean island that MAFS filmed. I think it was part of the series that followed Doug & Jamie and Jason & Courtney through their first couple of years of marriage. At the time TLC had launched a series with a guy who was a wedding planner and they had him come down to the island and coordinate the wedding which was hilarious because it was just their immediate family members who could make it so like 10 guests. I remember Jamie's mother attended so there was lots of drama with Jamie confronting her about how she had been in and out of Jamie and her siblings lives over the years, I believe because of addiction issues and poor choices in men.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, humbleopinion said:

Clara is fooling herself that Ryan is all in with their marriage because of the elephant in the room…

The importance of religion in his life, his ministerial parents, his future children.

Clara’s turning away from the church has not been reconciled and it must sit uneasy with Ryan.

 Ryan will divorce Clara unless she starts going to his parents’church, is an active member and will raise their children in the church…

Methinks that RyRy will quietly separate from Clara over their differing religious lifestyles and is one of the reasons why they are not cashing in on Couple’s Cam.

Clara certainly likes hearing herself talk, the camera and collecting Lifetime checks.

She is touting the party line of wanting privacy because Sidepart needs time to figure out how to give her the heave ho, emphasis on the Ho.

Its sad that religion divides people.  I'm like Clara.  I grew up in the Church in a very conservative family.  Like, no thanks. I dont get the point of religion. They are no better than anybody else.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

She actually did. They had a second wedding on a Caribbean island that MAFS filmed. I think it was part of the series that followed Doug & Jamie and Jason & Courtney through their first couple of years of marriage. At the time TLC had launched a series with a guy who was a wedding planner and they had him come down to the island and coordinate the wedding which was hilarious because it was just their immediate family members who could make it so like 10 guests. I remember Jamie's mother attended so there was lots of drama with Jamie confronting her about how she had been in and out of Jamie and her siblings lives over the years, I believe because of addiction issues and poor choices in men.

My hat’s off to you for watching MAFS:The First Year when it was on the FYI channel, your tv viewing and memory is to be applauded.

MAFS:TFY Available on Hulu, Sling and AppleTV for those interested.

Clara needs to up her game if she wants to squeeze blood from Lifetime’s stones and get them to pony up for Wedding Deux.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, humbleopinion said:

Ryan will divorce Clara unless she starts going to his parents’church, is an active member and will raise their children in the church…

Methinks that RyRy will quietly separate from Clara over their differing religious lifestyles and is one of the reasons why they are not cashing in on Couple’s Cam.

I never got the impression that Ryan was particularly religious in his adult life.   I can tell he is influenced by Christian values but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t a regular church goer.   He made a point of wearing a lot of message shirts and I don’t think any of them were religious messages.

Paige’s date reminded me of Michael from the D.C. season which made me not like him 🙂

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Its sad that religion divides people.  I'm like Clara.  I grew up in the Church in a very conservative family.  Like, no thanks. I dont get the point of religion. They are no better than anybody else.

I agree that it's sad that many people let religion divide people.  However, at least in Christianity, it's not about being better than anyone else, it's about acknowledging one's sinful state and accepting the grace of Jesus Christ for salvation.  Unfortunately, many people do act as if they are better than others, but I don't think that attitude is only limited to people who claim to be religious.  Many people seem to forget that we are instructed to not judge others-especially the speck that is in someone else's eye before dealing with the plank that is in their own (a very loose paraphrase of Matthew 7:3-4).

 As for Clara and Ryan, I certainly hope that they will be in agreement about how to raise children (if they end up having children) as differing views (especially as to the role of religion) can lead to break-ups (for example, Ashley and JP from The Bachelorette).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, humbleopinion said:

 Ryan will divorce Clara unless she starts going to his parents’church, is an active member and will raise their children in the church…

I don't know about that.  Ryan doesn't strike me as the judgmental type.  A lot of couples have different views on politics and religion and don't let it come between them.  Clara may consider herself unchurched and non-religious, but Ryan may feel that her basic beliefs and values don't conflict with his and that she supports them in spirit if not to the letter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 3:41 PM, pdlinda said:

First of all, I find Ryan's appearance to be disheveled and unkempt to the extreme.  The scruffy facial hair with the waxed mustache really gives him a bedraggled look, obviously by design.

As far as his generosity and financial situation are concerned I think he has an excellent career-type position in the tech sector and makes a good living.  However, I see Ryan as a withholding type of person in many aspects of his being, financial being one of them.  I kind of experienced Clara "tap dancing around" the issue of the cost of the venue stating that he would have to bear the brunt of the cost and she would contribute the DYI craft projects.  When Ryan didn't bat an eye at the $8K cost I took that to mean that his mental wheels were spinning in his head trying to appear cool while he ruminated on the implications to his bank account of her request.  

IMO, this couple is not survivable in the long run because Ryan and Clara think that their "complimentary" lifestyles make them more compatible; however, I believe just the opposite and when he starts tightening the financial screws on her (because he makes much more $$ than she does) and the accompanying strains between them become more unbearable for Clara to tolerate (after all the cameras are off) she'll reach an emotional boiling point and run.  Luckily, they aren't actively looking for a big ticket purchase like a house.  That's good!!

I think Ryan is a cautious, planned out individual while Clara is more of a free spirit in some ways, although she is actually pretty level headed.  I don't think he is withholding, just private and not so expressive nor willing to jump into anything without a lot of thought.  

I'd be willing to bet the renewal ceremony is being paid for by show money which the two of them have decided is earmarked for this purpose, so the $8,000 may be offset somewhat in Ryan's head by that amount.  Plus we don't know how much if anything their families are contributing to this.  They may have planned weddings for their kids for decades and want to contribute.  Why they need to renew their vows so soon is beyond me, although it sounded like they wanted more of their families and friends to celebrate with them like they couldn't the first time.  I could see someone's family convincing them to do it and offering to contribute just so they could have a "proper" wedding with all their family and friends present.

I think the word you wanted was "complementary", meaning that their lifestyles complement each other.  I think there is a lot going on between them both financially and otherwise that we just don't know.  I originally thought these two would not make it but I'm starting to think a lot of our negative impressions of them are based on not seeing the entire picture with them because of the way the show has omitted certain aspects of their relationship or they themselves have purposely not shared them with us.  Like I think there was more going on with them sexually than the show aired or they wanted us to know.  Plus I am always skeptical about the show making it look like one partner in a couple is shy about saying "I love you" because we've seen this before.  I think that was likely a pretend storyline for the show.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Looking back at the episode I think that Chris wanted someone slimmer like his ex and wanted someone not so dark. He's that shallow. Paige looked and acted great!

Jake is just pathetic. He will never admit he was part of the problem. STOP SAYING SHE DIDN'T TRY...she SLEPT  with you, you are delusional and a jerk.  And the faux hawk looks absolutely stupid on a grown man.

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know about that.  Ryan doesn't strike me as the judgmental type.  A lot of couples have different views on politics and religion and don't let it come between them.  Clara may consider herself unchurched and non-religious, but Ryan may feel that her basic beliefs and values don't conflict with his and that she supports them in spirit if not to the letter.

Absolutely agree.

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

I never got the impression that Ryan was particularly religious in his adult life.   I can tell he is influenced by Christian values but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t a regular church goer.   He made a point of wearing a lot of message shirts and I don’t think any of them were religious messages.

Paige’s date reminded me of Michael from the D.C. season which made me not like him 🙂

 

Oh, I liked Paige's date!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

May be unpopular, but I think that Clara and Ryan are paying for their own wedding, they are buying their own house and they are not on Couples' Cam. I think they (Ryan) want nothing more to do with this show and just want to have normal lives. I know some people follow them on SM, but that surprises me, too. I would have thought they wouldn't care about that at all (Ryan).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think the word you wanted was "complementary",

Thank you for the correction!  That's exactly what I meant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I agree that it's sad that many people let religion divide people.  However, at least in Christianity, it's not about being better than anyone else, it's about acknowledging one's sinful state and accepting the grace of Jesus Christ for salvation.  Unfortunately, many people do act as if they are better than others, but I don't think that attitude is only limited to people who claim to be religious.  Many people seem to forget that we are instructed to not judge others-especially the speck that is in someone else's eye before dealing with the plank that is in their own (a very loose paraphrase of Matthew 7:3-4).

I think it's the proselytizing that some Christian sects require that puts people off. There's a certain amount of "I know better than you" that's required to try to convert others to your own religious beliefs. I didn't think that Ryan seemed particularly religious; certainly not as vocal about reading the Bible or seeing Jesus's intervention in his daily life as Paige and Chris seemed to do.

Quote

Paige’s date reminded me of Michael from the D.C. season which made me not like him 🙂

I was only kind of watching with one eye but I liked him too. He didn't seem nearly as phony as DC Michael. Or as angry.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size