Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: Week 1

• Start Topic

I guess we’ll have a new drinking game word with “sex positive” which I hate because it implies if you’re not talking about sex, making innuendos and being provocative you’re not into sex or “sex negative”! The virgin guy looks like he’s going to have a breakdown. He looks more suitable for Colton. (I know, I know)

I’m glad Aaron was sent home after seeing his temper flare. He reminded me of Yosef on Claire’s season. I’m also glad she got rid of Brandon with that hair. The guy with the kitten costume seemed more natural being there not to mention box guy. 
And of course, you can’t just be a teacher in Nashville, you’ve got to be a musician. Ugh. 
I thought firefighter guy was cute and Andrew M is adorable. I liked the kitten guy so far. The guy in the box looked like a young George Hamilton (not my favorite)  

I liked CH as a host but I can see how having two past contestants could be more helpful and supportive in this role but hopefully they aren’t prominent with the peeking and giggling every episode. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I think that Andrew M from Newport Beach is gorgeous- he's what I'd call "office hot"; he really wears a suit well and has a nice masculine, friendly demeanor and a great face/eyes/hair.

According to his ABC bio he's a deputy district attorney, so he's not just "office hot" but also has an impressive job. I hope he's not a famewhore like Andi and Rachel L. who gave up their law careers in order to become permanent "Bachelor Family" fixtures.

4 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Great phrase for Greg- "regular guy hot", he really is! He looks like the really cute guy I'd see in a grocery isle and ask to reach something for me- very "approachable hot"!  

Oh man, I've never thought of asking a cute guy to get me something off a high shelf. Instead I climb the shelves like a monkey.

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I kinda liked Greg, but his shyness routine puzzles me since his job is listed as being a sales/marketing manager or something like that. You cannot be in sales and be that nervous and awkward around new people.

It's possible to be smooth and self-assured around coworkers/clients and still be awkward around romantic prospects.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

According to his ABC bio he's a deputy district attorney, so he's not just "office hot" but also has an impressive job. I hope he's not a famewhore like Andi and Rachel L. who gave up their law careers in order to become permanent "Bachelor Family" fixtures.

Oh man, I've never thought of asking a cute guy to get me something off a high shelf. Instead I climb the shelves like a monkey.

It's possible to be smooth and self-assured around coworkers/clients and still be awkward around romantic prospects.

Oooh that's very hot and impressive of Andrew M: deputy district attorney- I didn't see that under his title that comes up with his name onscreen since I watched this episode without my reading glasses haha! I hope that Andrew M isn't a fame whore either- Andi and Rachel L better be investing wisely, because they can't ride The Bachelor Nation train forever. Yes, I love to ask cute guys to help me reach things at the grocery store since I'm only 4'11"- it is a fun way to break the ice 😄.  

6 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m glad Aaron was sent home after seeing his temper flare.

I'm 99% sure he wasn't sent home. Now I'm doubting myself. We either need some context on that fight or they know each other from before the show.

• Love 1

Oh shoot!  Aaron IS still there. He was the guy who went up to another cast member and said he didn’t like him but I can’t remember who that was and if he was sent home. 
I thought Greg was sweet giving Katie that pasta necklace. I wonder how much he looks like her old boyfriend has to do with it. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I honestly didn't recognize her at first and it is so unnerving to see! She reworked her entire face and here's what I think she had done: Botox, lip fillers, cheek fillers, a nose job and possibly a "cat eye" thread eyebrow lift. I loved her natural face- she didn't need any of this done and the nose job especially distorts the proportions of her face.  I will never understand why some women feel the need to follow the "Instagram Influencer" surgery bandwagon- they all end up looking the same and it reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "Number 12 Looks Just Like You".  

Im so glad Im not the only one. she looks like a horse and hey eyes are sort of bulging out. worst work I have ever seen and I dont know what Jason thinks of it. I see her on "botched"

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh shoot!  Aaron IS still there. He was the guy who went up to another cast member and said he didn’t like him but I can’t remember who that was and if he was sent home. 
I thought Greg was sweet giving Katie that pasta necklace. I wonder how much he looks like her old boyfriend has to do with it. 

Both the guy who started the fight and the guy he started it with are still there. That was a really bizarre scene, there was no context given for how it started or what it was about.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Cody (the zipper manager guy) 

Wait, so "managing" a zipper is a full-time job now? Does he get paid for every hour he manages to keep his fly closed?

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

the kissing part was a bit skeevy. He was actually trying to lay her down mid-kiss

I noticed that too as he was leaning and I was all no-no-no! But who knows what happens to a guy in that tense situation with the producers whispering "Sex Positive" in their ear. I'll give him another shot.

Too early for me, who is crap with names in RL, to have anyone's name down but did we ever get to know anything about the guy with the pronounced bags under his eyes and long in front hair? He looked like he missed his shot at being an extra at a Criss Angel show taping.

I also knew the two guys with 'beef', even if it came out of nowhere were shoo-ins to get roses.

I still think it's (watching words) unfortunate how CH's run with the show ended, though he may have been under it all happy to leave this sinking ship after the past few seasons. I did think that the mentorettes did a good job, we'll see how that plays out.

I too hope we can get away from a live thread for regular episodes trend and go back to the forums being fun to comment on in a non-running fashion.

I'm just picking up on it on a Thursday as my tivo grabbed this for me on habit and I was like 'ehh maybe-maybe not' after bailing on the Bachelor recorded yet unseen.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
On 6/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, saber5055 said:

Now that "rub" guy looks like Judge Reinhold.

Thankyou!! I couldn't get over the resemblance and couldn't remember his name. I'm waiting for him to break up a pair of arguing guys by saying "If you don't shut up I'm going to kick 100% of your ass!"

On 6/7/2021 at 8:33 PM, Lamb18 said:

Connor the cat reenacting the keyboard scene from Big.

Actually they played 'Chopsticks' in Big and this was 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' yes?

• LOL 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Me, too.  I climb the shelves.  But there are no hot guys were I shop.  There must be special "hot guy" grocery stores.

I like the live thread for quick snark, and this thread for ruminative snark and conversation.

Edited by Just Carol
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Both the guy who started the fight and the guy he started it with are still there. That was a really bizarre scene, there was no context given for how it started or what it was about.

I didn’t bother linking the articles because there aren’t many details, but apparently they’re from the same city, are both in the fitness business, and have some mutual online friends, so this appears to be a “pre-existing condition,” lol. Presumably, as the show goes on we’ll find out how they know each other. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

He won't be the zipper manager for long with Katie's "sex positivity" 😄

I am thinking now that someone should have lead with "I just want you to know that I've been tested... and I'm also sex-positive." Missed opportunity there...

• LOL 8
On 6/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, chocolatine said:

I’m 5’2” and my ability to climb like a monkey are long past me, unfortunately. My husband is 6’3” and does the grocery shopping, because he likes it. 🤷‍♂️ 

I had a fusion of my whole lumbar spine in he beginning of March and for 3 months was not allowed to bend or twist until the bones and metal started to fuse. I finally was feeling better and was going nuts, so I braved a trip on my own to the Dollar Tree and other places. I took my smaller gripper with me in case I dropped something or couldn’t pick something up. I did both but I also got things off the top shelves for myself and 2 other people.

This was a total aside, but even though I am old and married, if a cute tall man had been around, I would have definitely asked …

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m 5’2” and my ability to climb like a monkey are long past me, unfortunately. My husband is 6’3” and does the grocery shopping, because he likes it. 🤷‍♂️ 

I had a fusion of my whole lumbar spine in he beginning of March and for 3 months was not allowed to bend or twist until the bones and metal started to fuse. I finally was feeling better and was going nuts, so I braved a trip on my own to the Dollar Tree and other places. I took my smaller gripper with me in case I dropped something or couldn’t pick something up. I did both but I also got things off the top shelves for myself and 2 other people.

This was a total aside, but even though I am old and married, if a cute tall man had been around, I would have definitely asked …

That's so great that you are getting out and about after healing from your lumbar spinal fusion and congratulations on the surgical recovery! I love The Dollar Tree- I used to buy mops, popcorn buckets and boxes of moon pies from there when I lived closer to one.  I think that there should be grocery store singles mixer nights or something for singles like me- and maybe even "The Bachelor of Safeway" where women could be presented a rose in the floral department and then they could split some potato wedges and dried out chicken wings with the bachelor during a 1 on 1 in the food court over by the National Enquirer magazine rack. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, TheMediumBopper said:

Finally catching up on episode one. I don't know which bachelor exclaimed, "Is that Jay Gatsby?" when James from the Box appeared for the first time, but that would be my winner right there.

I think so too- I forgot his name, but that was very clever of him! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TheMediumBopper said:

Finally catching up on episode one. I don't know which bachelor exclaimed, "Is that Jay Gatsby?" when James from the Box appeared for the first time, but that would be my winner right there.

That was funny. I also gave some brownie points to the 2 guys who rolled the box in to see Katie and went "oops, sorry James!" as they rolled over a bump. Seems like a much smarter play to join in on the gag than be one of those bitter, dour couch-sitters who sniff derisively and judge the people in costume or who are doing a shtick.

I thought James was attractive, but now that someone upthread mentioned his resemblance to a young George Hamilton, that's all I'm going to see.

• Love 4
On 6/8/2021 at 11:46 PM, Stats Queen said:

It tends to do the opposite and is patronizing

737999758_calmdown.gif.fc3bb18ad1d1394d75920d1ceed10396.gif

Thank you Hotwives of Orlando for this very fitting GIF.

I am not enjoying Tayisha and Kaitlyn at all, so much giggling and squealing.  I guess I'm not a girl gang sorta gal.

After tonight, I think Uncle Greg is taking home the final rose.  And Catman will be devastated.  

• Love 4
On 6/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, cathaireverywhere said:

I am not enjoying Tayisha and Kaitlyn at all, so much giggling and squealing.  I guess I'm not a girl gang sorta gal.

I just found them annoying and wish I never had to see Tayisha's pointy chin and unnaturally blinding white teeth again. Also, Kaitlyn has really messed up her face. I'm sure it also has to do with me missing Chris Harrison, who I've always felt was ubiquitous to the franchise. It shouldn't need two hosts to replace him. It was ridiculous to have both of them take turns reciting the brief spiels at the rose ceremony! I think one person can easily handle the, "Katie. Gentlemen. This is the final rose tonight. When you're ready" and "If you did not receive a rose this evening, take a moment and say your goodbyes," which I could already recite in my sleep several years ago!

• Love 5