Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S11.E04: Overexposed

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The narrative that Sutton is the "weak link," despite her being the aggressor in every single one of her interactions with Crystal, is basically built out of whole cloth in order to turn Crystal into a villain.  Sutton weaponizes fragility and some tend to buy into that personality type as someone who needs to be protected. It's not my thing. 

ALL of This 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

47 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree with you Boo Boo, about Crystal's reaction. I also thought it was mocking/snippy/judgy. And I agree that it caught Sutton of guard because of the way Crystal posed the question. I think Crystal has mean girl tendencies, and we saw them there. As you said, it doesn't make Sutton right in her approach, and it doesn't make Crystal wrong in her objection to it.

 

But also, Crystal was reacting to comments that probably did sound like somebody denying racism more aggressively than just mistakenly thinking "not seeing race" was the correct way thing to claim to be. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OdinO. said:

I think Crystal is the bad guy because she seems like a real little bitch.

Because confident women are always painted as bitches.  Scheming, manipulative, devious women always get a pass because they smile when they stick the knife in, send someone else to do their dirty work or cry and say you're mean when you call them out.

Edited by Adgirl · Reason: because punctuation is important
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess you would like Crystal if you like a humorless scold. She is playing the role of her best friend Teddy Mellencamp. She can position herself to be the moral compass of this collection of misfits

Let’s see how that works out for her

The three minutes of Sutton playing in the pool will bring more humor and fun then Crystals entire tenure on the show. I know…I know we have seen anything yet but it is just a feeling I have.

Crystal is the second coming of Teddy.

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Are they really best friends or just good friends because their kids have playdates and they have some mutual friends in common?

Edited by Hiyo

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Are they really best friends or just friends because their kids have playdates?

Teddy posted on social media that contrary to reports, she was not the one Crystal was talking to on the phone. However, she said that she and Crystal were Texting that night about what was happening at Tahoe.I have a suspicion that she is coaching and goading Crystal.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Coach and goad her to what end? I’m not seeing what the end game here is. Are Teddi and Sutton on bad terms with each other? Kyle and Sutton seem to have a good relationship, so not sure how all of this fits together.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mar said:

Teddy posted on social media that contrary to reports, she was not the one Crystal was talking to on the phone. However, she said that she and Crystal were Texting that night about what was happening at Tahoe.I have a suspicion that she is coaching and goading Crystal.

Exactly. She is here with an agenda and a plan aided and abetted by someone who ruined the last two seasons with her sanctimonious and judgmental  bullshit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

When Crystal asked (challenged) Sutton with the question "are you THAT girl, I don't see color?" it was a loaded question, however it was answered would have been wrong.  Crystal in her talking head says "I see color, it's part of who I am, a WHITE person telling me you don't see color is like brushing it under the rug."

Really?  And she wants to insinuate that Sutton is racist? 

I think people immediately notice if someone is white, black, brown, or nine months pregnant, it's filed in the memory bank.  When Sutton said she didn't see color, I got it.  I took it to mean that she didn't care what your color was and didn't treat people according to their color.  Same with me.

If Sutton had said she did see color, well, then she really would have fallen into the trap, she would have been labeled a racist for sure.

Universe to Garcelle:  RED BLOOD MATTERS

"How are we going to get rid of racism? Stop talking about it!"

Morgan Freeman

Thank you Morgan Freeman for being a man of color and verbalizing the real issue.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

When Crystal asked (challenged) Sutton with the question "are you THAT girl, I don't see color?" it was a loaded question, however it was answered would have been wrong.  Crystal in her talking head says "I see color, it's part of who I am, a WHITE person telling me you don't see color is like brushing it under the rug."

Really?  And she wants to insinuate that Sutton is racist? 

I think people immediately notice if someone is white, black, brown, or nine months pregnant, it's filed in the memory bank.  When Sutton said she didn't see color, I got it.  I took it to mean that she didn't care what your color was and didn't treat people according to their color.  Same with me.

If Sutton had said she did see color, well, then she really would have fallen into the trap, she would have been labeled a racist for sure.

Universe to Garcelle:  RED BLOOD MATTERS

"How are we going to get rid of racism? Stop talking about it!"

Morgan Freeman

Thank you Morgan Freeman for being a man of color and verbalizing the real issue.

I agree, the passive aggressiveness of that color question was a trigger for Sutton, like how I snuck in the word, "trigger," for a white woman?  Seriously, if there was no problem why make one?

Nobody ever watches a HW show looking for meaningful conversation about serious issues, when some of the HW's participated in the P*ssy Hat demonstrations how many of us just rolled our eyes, it was a media moment for them.  I for one do not think the HW's are the social commentators we should be attuned to, morality is not needed, we want fun, house porn, travel porn, messy stupid fights, etc...

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

“it was a loaded question, however it was answered would have been wrong.”

Sutton could have said “I don’t judge people except on their personality but I acknowledge that marginalized groups have experienced racism and bigotry that I will never ever experience. And I hope I don’t make you feel that I am diminishing or negating those experiences of yours, I am here for you and willing to listen if you ever need to discuss them.” Thats one way Sutton could have answered it.

“Thank you Morgan Freeman for being a man of color and verbalizing the real issue.”

That was in 2005. Last year he announced plans to share his followers’ experiences with racism on his social media platforms. In his own words:

“Being a storyteller, I believe that is important to champion each other’s unique voices. For the next week, if you are willing to share the personal stories you’ve experienced with racism, I’ll dedicate my platforms to amplify your voice.”

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

not talking about racism doesn't make it go away that emboldens racist cause they think no one cares and continues the actions ...thats like covering ur eyes and ears and pretending it doesn't exist... which I guess is easy if you are not the one being discriminated against 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Coach and goad her to what end? I’m not seeing what the end game here is. Are Teddi and Sutton on bad terms with each other? Kyle and Sutton seem to have a good relationship, so not sure how all of this fits together.

The end game is to disrupt the show that dumped Teddy. Why not go after the girl who got a diamond when a Teddy got dumped. Sutton is obviously the weakest link and that’s who hyenas attack first.
 

Teddy is a manipulator. That’s her job after all. She obviously wants back on the show. That’s what the Fab Fox Five bullshit is all about.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Shannah Banana said:

I think people immediately notice if someone is white, black, brown, or nine months pregnant, it's filed in the memory bank.  When Sutton said she didn't see color, I got it.  I took it to mean that she didn't care what your color was and didn't treat people according to their color.  Same with me.

If Sutton had said she did see color, well, then she really would have fallen into the trap, she would have been labeled a racist for sure.

It's really not that kind of a trick question. Saying no, you do see color isn't a trap that proves you're racist.

To me it seemed like both women, in fact, were understanding each other perfectly and giving their true feelings about what the other person really meant.

Sutton wasn't used to being challenged when she declares she is free of the racism she's cruelly accused of because she's from the South. And Crystal is used to the argument that if people would just shut up about racism it wouldn't be a problem.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Why would Teddi disrupt a show that has many of her close friends on it? That could have negative ramifications for them. If anything, Teddi would want to exact revenge on Crystal since Teddi was the one who recommended her.

Still not seeing the narrative of Sutton being the weakest link everyone is going after. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

She wants to disrupt so everyone will miss her and demand her return with Kyle beating the drum for her.

She  doesn’t comprehend that she was universally hated by the fans. Crystal doesn’t get it either or she wouldn’t have claimed her as a close friend.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Feech said:

She wants to disrupt so everyone will miss her and demand her return with Kyle beating the drum for her.

 

Maybe she's coaching Sutton! 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Feech said:

She wants to disrupt so everyone will miss her and demand her return with Kyle beating the drum for her.

She  doesn’t comprehend that she was universally hated by the fans. Crystal doesn’t get it either or she wouldn’t have claimed her as a close friend.

because you should only be friends with people who are popular? friends are friends ..teddy isn't some horrid person who murdered people here ... she like Sutton really isn't cut out for this show ... I dont hate teddy I just thought she was boring and a classic Gretchen(needing approval all the time) type friend 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Teddy is Satan.

She was instrumental in driving off two of the most popular Housewives in consecutive seasons.

Crystal seems to want to pick up her mantle.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Feech said:

Teddy is Satan.

She was instrumental in driving off two of the most popular Housewives in consecutive seasons.

Crystal seems to want to pick up her mantle.

No one drove Lisa V off the show but Lisa V. I’m sorry Vanderpump was right in the middle of all of that with her hands completely dirty and tried to throw teddy under the bus. You are giving Teddi way to much credit for something that was also 50% someone else’s fault. But we are venturing away from the topic at hand 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

No one drove Lisa V off the show but Lisa V. I’m sorry Vanderpump was right in the middle of all of that with her hands completely dirty and tried to throw teddy under the bus. You are giving Teddi way to much credit for something that was also 50% someone else’s fault. But we are venturing away from the topic at hand 

Very true. I am sorry.

Let’s get back to how horrible Crystal is and how we want her off the show!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Feech said:

Very true. I am sorry.

Let’s get back to how horrible Crystal is and how we want her off the show!

I like her. And until I see her do something horrible like Erika did last season with attacking underage girls and calling them sluts I will remain #TeamCrystal 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I like her. And until I see her do something horrible like Erika did last season with attacking underage girls and calling them sluts I will remain #TeamCrystal 

But #TeamSutton has gift bags with engraved flasks and Louie Vuitton wallets!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

But also, Crystal was reacting to comments that probably did sound like somebody denying racism more aggressively than just mistakenly thinking "not seeing race" was the correct way thing to claim to be. 

 

Perhaps, but Crystal did choose those words herself, the "girl who says she doesn't see color", derisively, too, without acknowledging that as misguided the idea of somehow not being able to see color was, it was at the very least borne of good intentions, where the objective was to create a society that was free of racism. If someone (maybe Sutton) bought into that in 1989, got on board with it, and tried hard to "not see color", they were doing so because of good intentions, because they wanted the country to be a better, more equitable place for everyone.  It wasn't racism, it was anti-racism, 1989 style. That seems like it's been forgotten.  

The way Crystal presented it was like "you're not one of those dumb assholes who says they don't see color are you", which strips all of the good intentions from the commitment to that idea and leaves nothing but the silly. 

 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Jel said:

Perhaps, but Crystal did choose those words herself, the "girl who says she doesn't see color", derisively, too, without acknowledging that as misguided the idea of somehow not being able to see color was, it was at the very least borne of good intentions, where the objective was to create a society that was free of racism. If someone (maybe Sutton) bought into that in 1989, got on board with it, and tried hard to "not see color", they were doing so because of good intentions, because they wanted the country to be a better, more equitable place for everyone.  It wasn't racism, it was anti-racism, 1989 style. That seems like it's been forgotten.  

The way Crystal presented it was like "you're not one of those dumb assholes who says they don't see color are you", which strips all of the good intentions from the commitment to that idea and leaves nothing but the silly. 

 

I 100% get what you are saying however,The road to hell is paved with good intentions… saying u don’t see color doesn’t erase the fact that some people don’t live that existence. Racist people exist just because some people don’t experience it doesn’t negate that fact. What was acceptable back then (I don’t see color) doesn’t cut it these days that’s seen as turning a blind eye to it. Well if I don’t see color then obviously racism doesn’t exist is tone deaf and not 2021 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Given how ridiculous Sutton was being in their conversation, I don’t see any issue with Crystal asking the question nor the way she asked it. Sutton was being a dumb asshole. Whatever her intentions, had she bothered to actually stop and listen to what Crystal was saying, things could have turned out differently for their relationship. Good intentions worked in 1989, but it’s a very different world today and I hope Sutton is able to see that one day.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

All Sutton needs to do is listen to people from real marginalized groups when they are engaging with her instead of shutting them down.

If Kyle can do it I’m sure Sutton can as well.

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I 100% get what you are saying however,The road to hell is paved with good intentions… saying u don’t see color doesn’t erase the fact that some people don’t live that existence. Racist people exist just because some people don’t experience it doesn’t negate that fact. What was acceptable back then (I don’t see color) doesn’t cut it these days that’s seen as turning a blind eye to it. Well if I don’t see color then obviously racism doesn’t exist is tone deaf and not 2021 

Yes, I think it was a silly idea to believe that people could somehow "not see color". But I can tell you, working in social services in the 90s, I attended more than a few seminars and conferences with titles like, "Towards A Color Blind Society". That was how it was done back then, including by the POC who were running the seminars. It seems silly and misguided today, just like the verbiage we use today will be out dated in thirty years.  But the intention to make the world better was there. I have seen significant improvements in many areas of society since then.  So I disagree wholeheartedly that we were misguidedly on the road to hell.

I think Crystal's response to Sutton came across as dismissive and insulting. I don't know if it was deserved or not. I do know that shaming is not a very effective tool for changing minds though, so if she wants to really work towards change, she might rethink her approach.  Or maybe she just wants to insult or punish Sutton, in which case, carry on I guess.

  • Like 16
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

There have been a lot of off topic posts lately in this thread which led to a short time out.

When we open, please move on keeping the following in mind:

  • Teddi Mellencamp is not a member of the cast nor was she mentioned in this episode.  There was too much discussion about her given those facts. If you'd like to discuss Teddi, take the talk to her thread. 
  • While it's okay to acknowledge that the events that took place in episode 2 and 3 affect the relationship between Sutton & Crystal, there is too much relitigating  those events.  If you would like to deep dive back into the "I don't see color" conversation or the prank, please take those discussions to the corresponding episode thread.
  • Racism discussion in the context of what is said or done on the show is fine but general discussion about racism should be in the small talk thread.  

Thank you.

If you have any questions, please PM @jewel21, @TexasGal and/or  @Door County Cherry

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so uncomfortable with the turn this has taken. I think Crystal made a real effort with Sutton after the initial argument by asking her questions about her parents (though that effort was not returned by Sutton) and then by trying to bring her into the prank (that she was also not a part of). Instead, Sutton decided to insinuate that Crystal kicked her viciously or something and acted like a total lunatic. 

Ugh, honestly, I would have ZERO patience for someone like Sutton. To me, she is clearly someone who uses her supposed fragility to manipulate people and situations. If that doesn't work, she tries to convince people of how nice she is by buying things for them. Seriously, the flowers thing was so weird. How about you start by just not being a weirdo? I had no problem with Crystal telling her that she was creepy and weird because she was being creepy and weird and something tells me Crystal is not the first person to experience this from Sutton. Sutton had a great time on the last night because she won. Crystal got scared off and was hiding in her room. Yay for Sutton, see how fun she is? 

I also suspect that she's taken someone else's suggestion about the house being behind all this and run with it. Just my opinion. I've known a few Suttons in my life and they are an absolute drain for someone like me to be around.

I can also be very deadpan and tend to not argue emotionally, particularly if I'm dealing with someone like Sutton who uses emotions and tears as a weapon. I've had my share of being called a bitch and an ice queen, but I'm certainly not one and I doubt that Crystal is either. I like her. I'm glad she's here. Hoping her experience gets better.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Shannah Banana said:

No, Crystal never used the word "predator" I think the word has come up through the comments.

Crystal misrepresented the conversation she had with Sutton, after Sutton entered her room to bring her coat back.  (Note:  No good deed goes unpunished :)  She told Kyle that Sutton said, "oh sorry, she's like, whatever you're doing in here" emphasis on "whatever you're doing in here".  Her facial expressions implied Sutton was implying that she was doing something distasteful.  Later in the conversation with Kyle she said, "and then she walks out like I'm doing something weird."  

In actuality Sutton said: "I don't know what's going on in here, but I'm going to bring your coat back" and then you see her getting the hell out of Dodge.  To me, it sounded like she was awkwardly joking, having walked in on a naked Crystal, that had "dropped to the ground to like, hold her body".

Then before they were leaving Taho, Sutton once again goes to Crystal's room to apologize and Crystal breaks down crying, saying that when Sutton came in her room, it was creepy and weird.   

Imo, Sutton did nothing creepy or weird, but Crystal must have some real issues to think that she did.  However, I always wait to hear someone say "come in" before I enter their room because of shit like this.

I have to agree with you or otherwise every time (which is the very rare occasion, but it could happen) I walk in on a person by accident, I will feel like they think I am creepy and weird.  I mean, this stuff happens and in 99% of the cases, including this one, it's an innocent mistake.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If she was really bothered and embarrassed, she would have dropped it. Not bring attention to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like using curse words and bitch is part of my vocabulary. Erika Jayne is a humongous bitch and so is Lisa Rinna. Crystal is a little bitch because she has been a little bitchy All bitches though, IMO.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

One aspect of the Sutton walking in on Crystal story that I haven't seen mentioned (forgive me if I overlooked it) was the time of day. I think Crystal said she went to her room around 11:30 pm. So it would be safe to assume she is showering or whatever, getting ready for bed. Extra reason for Sutton to have waited for Crystal to say "come in" or better yet, wait til the next day to return the coat. I think the entire encounter would've landed differently if it were 2:00 in the afternoon.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

There was no reason to give the coat to her at that time at all, especially after all the insanity that had transpired earlier thanks to Sutton and directed at Crystal. They were all staying in the house, it's not like Crystal left her coat in the lobby at a hotel. Sutton did it to be weirdly aggressive all under the guise of "niceness" which is her entire MO. "That's what girlfriends do." 

What an absolute creep. I wouldn't want her as more than a casual acquaintance. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder who is going to question Erika about her troubles?

Kyle would be too afraid.

Kathy would be oblivious.

Dorit would be afraid that Erika would counter with questions about her shenanigans.

Rinna is on her best behavior and doesn’t want to be seen as leading another gang up.

Crystal is too new.

It comes down to Garcelle and Sutton.

I think it will be Garcelle as she has a certain degree of immunity and Erika can’t come back too strong against her. So she is the logical one to demand accountability from Erika in the same way the hyenas demanded of LVP and Denise.

The shoe is on the other foot.

Edited by Feech
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

I like using curse words and bitch is part of my vocabulary. Erika Jayne is a humongous bitch and so is Lisa Rinna. Crystal is a little bitch because she has been a little bitchy All bitches though, IMO.

In the famous words of Vera Donovan from Dolores Claiborne “Sometimes Dolores, sometimes being a high riding bitch is all a woman has to hold onto” lol but I don’t see crystal has a bitch here I just see her not engaging when someone cries. I tend to do the same thing. Erika can kick fucking rocks tho. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I propose a new tag line for Sutton from this episode:  Don't worry, I'll send you flowers tomorrow.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2021 at 2:31 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The narrative that Sutton is the "weak link," despite her being the aggressor in every single one of her interactions with Crystal, is basically built out of whole cloth in order to turn Crystal into a villain.  Sutton weaponizes fragility and some tend to buy into that personality type as someone who needs to be protected. It's not my thing. 

Or maybe we aren't seeing Crystal the way you do.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Feech said:

I wonder who is going to question Erika about her troubles?

Kyle would be too afraid.

Kathy would be oblivious.

Dorit would be afraid that Erika would counter with questions about her shenanigans.

Rinna is on her best behavior and doesn’t want to be seen as leading another gang up.

Crystal is too new.

It comes down to Garcelle and Sutton.

I think it will be Garcelle as she has a certain degree of immunity and Erika can’t come back too strong against her. So she is the logical one to demand accountability from Erika in the same way the hyenas demanded of LVP and Denise.

The shoe is on the other foot.

Right -- someone who doesn't see color, she'll mock.  Someone whose glam squad was paid for on the backs of widows and orphans, she'll treat with kid gloves.  I mean, I'm guessing.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

It's GOTTA be Rinna!  Miss TRUTH.  She needs to do this. The producers won't let anyone ask about where Harry ACTUALLY lives if she does.

She NEEDS this job. Otherwise, it's back to Depends!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Or maybe we aren't seeing Crystal the way you do.  

And how am I seeing Crystal, do you think?

IMO, the issue isn't that I am seeing Crystal differently than you. It is that I see Sutton differently. 

BTW, the answer to the above question is "I don't know how I perceive Crystal yet because she hasn't been on the show long enough for me to get a read on her."

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And how am I seeing Crystal, do you think?

IMO, the issue isn't that I am seeing Crystal differently than you. It is that I see Sutton differently. 

BTW, the answer to the above question is "I don't know how I perceive Crystal yet because she hasn't been on the show long enough for me to get a read on her."

Yes, we both see them differently.  

I'm not a fan of Sutton.  I'm not a fan of Crystal so far either.   I'm not trying to "turn Crystal into a villain."  I'm saying from what I've seen so far, she is not beyond reproach.    

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Crystal is a villain. 
 

Next episode we are going to see her wearing a coat made out of Dalmatians. 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Feech said:

Crystal is a villain. 
 

Next episode we are going to see her wearing a coat made out of Dalmatians. 

Your comments make me literally LOL. Thanks for the chuckles!

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Yes, we both see them differently.  

I'm not a fan of Sutton.  I'm not a fan of Crystal so far either.   I'm not trying to "turn Crystal into a villain."  I'm saying from what I've seen so far, she is not beyond reproach.    

And neither am I, so on that, we agree. Where we seem to disagree is whether or not, in this particular situation, Crystal was more to blame than Sutton. From where I sit, Crystal made some minor missteps but Sutton has been the aggressor. 

Of course Crystal is not beyond reproach. But Sutton is the one who has turned this into a point of conflict, in my view. (FWIW, there have been times when I have been on Sutton's side - I think Dorit and Rinna blew the whole "I am freaking out" thing way out of proportion last season. Sutton didn't say "I am going to freak the fuck out," and she didn't threaten to make a whole scene, thus ruining Rinna's daughters' night, two accusations that were lobbed against her. But on this, IMO, she's the one who is making this an issue, not Crystal). 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And neither am I, so on that, we agree. Where we seem to disagree is whether or not, in this particular situation, Crystal was more to blame than Sutton. From where I sit, Crystal made some minor missteps but Sutton has been the aggressor. 

Of course Crystal is not beyond reproach. But Sutton is the one who has turned this into a point of conflict, in my view. (FWIW, there have been times when I have been on Sutton's side - I think Dorit and Rinna blew the whole "I am freaking out" thing way out of proportion last season. Sutton didn't say "I am going to freak the fuck out," and she didn't threaten to make a whole scene, thus ruining Rinna's daughters' night, two accusations that were lobbed against her. But on this, IMO, she's the one who is making this an issue, not Crystal). 

Yeah, I don't know why Crystal rubs me the wrong way.  Sutton shouldn't have tried to shut down the stereotype discussion; I think she thought she was being a good friend to Kyle by supporting her with " you aren't racist...we know that wasn't your intent."  And she shouldn't have inserted her cursed with southern stereotypes.

If Crystal had been Garcelle and mocked her "see no color" stuff, I would've been on board and would've clapped.

'I suspect that Sutton got her ass handed to her, that she was a little snakebitten by it.   I think she thought "see no color" was a good thing to say like us old folks were taught in the 80s.   After, she knew that she said the wrong thing and I would think saying the wrong thing about race on national TV has got to make you nervous.

I think she's very on guard with Crystal ever since the "oh, you are one of those..."  She totally misunderstood the prank and most people once informed would've apologized profusely at that moment.  Sutton seems very paranoid right now which could go right along with anxiety.  I do think she's an odd duck and maybe now we're seeing it more.

I could also be biased against Crystal b/c of the upcoming previews where she yells "you're just jealous..."  I mean, really?  Any time a woman says someone is just jealous of them (assuming that "just jealous"  means "of me") I automatically dislike them.  

 

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/10/2021 at 7:28 AM, Maximona said:

I tuned in this season solely to watch the legal thriller Mr. & Mrs. Girardi unfold.  But I gotta say the filler in the buildup to the main event has kept me entertained.

I thought Rinna and Sutton's synchronized swimming routine was adorable.  Sutton seems utterly guileless to me, sans any kind of filter at all, and I'm finding myself enjoying that even as I'm aware that I would not like her at all in what we laughingly call "real life."  Yah, sure—she's bat shit crazy.  Which of those women isn't?  Isn't "bat shit crazy" a casting requirment for every Real Housewives franchise? 

Breathes oxygen:  Check!  Has opposable thumbs:  Check!  Bat shit crazy:  Check!

I imagine Crystal spent the dinner hour huddled with her personal, concierge Bravo producer.  

"Girl, you're loosing the audience!" sez the producer.

So, they put their heads together and come up with the Sutton saw me nekkid and acted weird storyline.  What were they aiming for here, one wonders?  Sutton's latent Lesbian lust for Crystal?

Which might have gerenerated some traction had not the Girardi story finally erupted.

It is totally unclassy to barge through a closed door before the person who closed it says, Come in.  Demerits to Sutton for that move.  On the other hand, people do make gaffes like that occasionally.  I've had people walk in on me in all sorts of compromising positions.  And you burn with embarassment, but then you laugh, shrug and get over it.

I agree with this.  Crystal going in depth on the boat on how much did not like, trust, or would ever consider having Sutton as a friend did not jive with her being too upset to attend the dinner.  It didn’t jive with her trembling while discussing Sutton entering her room.  I don’t think Crystal would have hesitated for a second to add illegal entry to her list of Sutton’s crazy actions.  Maybe her producer pointed out that being the Asian mean girl is in itself a common stereotype.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, Boo Boo said:

   I think she thought "see no color" was a good thing to say like us old folks were taught in the 80s.   After, she knew that she said the wrong thing and I would think saying the wrong thing about race on national TV has got to make you nervous

*Snipped*

 

This IS what we were taught way back when! Now things have changed, and (collective) we have to keep up and listen. I was glad to see Kyle listening, and hope she applies what she learned from Garcelle going forward. Sutton is being defensive, and I get it, but she's not going to learn a thing without her ears and mind open.

As to the Crystal/Sutton bedroom deal... I wonder if Crystal didn't hear Sutton knock, like possibly was coming out of the bathroom and surprise, heeeeere's Sutton? I also think that she might have thought the cameras were following, may have even heard them in the hall. If that were the case, I would be diving for cover as well.
 If Sutton were in her cups, as it appeared they were drinking pretty heavily, she prob wasn't making the best decisions at the moment--like why did she need to give Crystal her coat right then? IMO she needed to back off a bit since they'd had some earlier issues.

But wth was Crystal thinking with leaving her room unlocked? Kyle and Kathy are huge pranksters, that alone would have me barricading my door! 😂 Or that Kathy seemed to wander from room to room in the wee hours with her mound of pillows, fan, and crunchy snacks--not in my bed, thanks 😆 

I am LOVING Kathy! No glam, gives zero fucks and is eccentric and hilarious so far. I truly hope she doesn't buy into the bs and change.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size