Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
druzy

S10.E24: MIA

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

I’m assuming the trashy parents stole her medication.  Surgeons would know which pharmacy carries a basic medication like Percocet.   
 

If you take a medication on a regular basis wouldn’t you have a relationship with a certain pharmacy that you use every month? 

No, they don't.  Like I said, my doctor is a pain specialist, and he has no clue who carries the medication.  He is certainly not calling around for it.  They write the prescription, it is not up to him to track it down.  

Not anymore.  Now the very few pharmacies that carry opiates only carry x amount every month (at least in my Chicago suburb).  I can ask them to order it, but that can take a week.  Walgreens for instance won't order it without the prescription, BUT the doctor can only electronically send it in after I see the doctor that month, so they may not order it in time.  Like I said, worse comes to worse, I can go to a hospital pharmacy, but it is way more expensive.  And 3 months ago, Osco failed to put in my order, none if the Walgreens had it in stock, I called the hospital pharmacy and they were out.  I had to drive an hour to get it.

It is a complicated process, and it comes from so many people suing the pharmacies after someone faked a prescription, overdosed and died.  

I am sure there are places in the US where it is not as hard as I have it, and some where it is worse.  The regulations are state to state.

I am not here to take up for Christy of all people!  She is a drug addict, and maybe she and the dad are rolling around high on the mattress in the back of the van.  But I am here to tell you that getting a prescription for Percocet filled is no quick/easy task.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

You would think but even so, this really didn't seem like the kind of practice that was too interested in aftercare; at least from the "instructions" given to Christy in the parking garage. 

Right after her surgery in the oxygen tank storage shed.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

I’m assuming the trashy parents stole her medication.  Surgeons would know which pharmacy carries a basic medication like Percocet.   
 

If you take a medication on a regular basis wouldn’t you have a relationship with a certain pharmacy that you use every month? 

In my experience, absolutely but others have disagreed. I find it hard to believe the clinic couldn’t have called in the prescription to a pharmacy they have used before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

No, they don't.  Like I said, my doctor is a pain specialist, and he has no clue who carries the medication.  He is certainly not calling around for it.  They write the prescription, it is not up to him to track it down.  

Not anymore.  Now the very few pharmacies that carry opiates only carry x amount every month (at least in my Chicago suburb).  I can ask them to order it, but that can take a week.  Walgreens for instance won't order it without the prescription, BUT the doctor can only electronically send it in after I see the doctor that month, so they may not order it in time.  Like I said, worse comes to worse, I can go to a hospital pharmacy, but it is way more expensive.  And 3 months ago, Osco failed to put in my order, none if the Walgreens had it in stock, I called the hospital pharmacy and they were out.  I had to drive an hour to get it.

It is a complicated process, and it comes from so many people suing the pharmacies after someone faked a prescription, overdosed and died.  

I am sure there are places in the US where it is not as hard as I have it, and some where it is worse.  The regulations are state to state.

I am not here to take up for Christy of all people!  She is a drug addict, and maybe she and the dad are rolling around high on the mattress in the back of the van.  But I am here to tell you that getting a prescription for Percocet filled is no quick/easy task.  

I feel for you, then, because my elderly father took OxyContin for  a couple decades before his death in 2019 for extreme back pain. The doctor called in the new prescription every month to CVS. In my dad’s condition, he wouldn’t have been able to handle figuring out which pharmacy carried it or driven around to different locations. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

How is it possible that Brianna was the only calm, rational one? Sean mentioned that Kristy didn't have a working phone. So she was driving around with no way for anyone to reach her. Great planning there.

Agree with all the comments about that surgery center Jade went to. They couldn't get her out the door fast enough. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how much Jade's ambulance ride and subsequent hospital visit cost since it's highly unlikely that any of that was part of whatever free or discount package she was offered for the surgery. It was such an incredibly stupid decision to do the surgeries and this outcome, nightmarish as it was, isn't even close to the worst case scenario. If Jade just couldn't resist an offer of free plastic surgery, she should have settled on one or two procedures that she really wanted.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

No, they don't.  Like I said, my doctor is a pain specialist, and he has no clue who carries the medication.  He is certainly not calling around for it.  They write the prescription, it is not up to him to track it down.  

Not anymore.  Now the very few pharmacies that carry opiates only carry x amount every month (at least in my Chicago suburb).  I can ask them to order it, but that can take a week.  Walgreens for instance won't order it without the prescription, BUT the doctor can only electronically send it in after I see the doctor that month, so they may not order it in time.  Like I said, worse comes to worse, I can go to a hospital pharmacy, but it is way more expensive.  And 3 months ago, Osco failed to put in my order, none if the Walgreens had it in stock, I called the hospital pharmacy and they were out.  I had to drive an hour to get it.

It is a complicated process, and it comes from so many people suing the pharmacies after someone faked a prescription, overdosed and died.  

I am sure there are places in the US where it is not as hard as I have it, and some where it is worse.  The regulations are state to state.

I am not here to take up for Christy of all people!  She is a drug addict, and maybe she and the dad are rolling around high on the mattress in the back of the van.  But I am here to tell you that getting a prescription for Percocet filled is no quick/easy task.  

So you take Percocet, same dose, same prescription every month for years and you can’t count on a pharmacy to work with you?   
I can understand keeping low inventory because of robberies but she had a small prescription.   I’ve had small prescriptions over the past several years whenever I had different surgeries and had no problems.  My mother takes it 3x a day for debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and has no problems.  
 

If this turns out to be true, I would file complaints with medical boards and local state representatives.   Sue the state for creating laws that allowed pain and suffering to sick people.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

But I am here to tell you that getting a prescription for Percocet filled is no quick/easy task.  

Hell no!  My kid is on Concerta for going on 6 years at the same pharm / same doc / same dose and I tell you EVERY SINGLE MONTH  is like I’m a junkie trying to get the refill.  It’s exhausting.  Fuck these people.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

So you take Percocet, same dose, same prescription every month for years and you can’t count on a pharmacy to work with you?   

Nope.  See above.  I have a standing script for my kiddo’s adhd meds and it’s a pain in the ass every single month.  I have to call in but can’t be before a week ahead cuz then ins won’t approve.  Then they have to order it so they can fill it.  There’s been times when they couldn’t fill it (and they can’t just give you a day or so to get by) and we went without for 2 days.  Tell me how that will work for your 12 year old who is on daily meds for years.  To go to school without their dose.  Lmao you can’t get the pharmacy to work with your.  Controlled scripts don’t work that way, sweetie. 🤦🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

If this turns out to be true, I would file complaints with medical boards and local state representatives.   Sue the state for creating laws that allowed pain and suffering to sick people.  

Ha ok.  Lead the way.  On what grounds???  These are controlled substances.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Jade's surgery made me look up Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.  She is going to need a couple of weeks before she can go back to work.  Several more before she can sit on a plane and travel.  So is the whole gang just going to hang out in Florida for 6 weeks?  I don't get it.

 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

So you take Percocet, same dose, same prescription every month for years and you can’t count on a pharmacy to work with you?   
I can understand keeping low inventory because of robberies but she had a small prescription.   I’ve had small prescriptions over the past several years whenever I had different surgeries and had no problems.  My mother takes it 3x a day for debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and has no problems.  
 

If this turns out to be true, I would file complaints with medical boards and local state representatives.   Sue the state for creating laws that allowed pain and suffering to sick people.  

As @geauxaway said no you cannot expect your local pharmacy to have enough meds month to month. I run into this issue quite often. It's a hassle. I just had a four level spinal fusion and the doctor increased the strength of my prescription. That increased the challenge.

I really felt for Jade and so glad they called an ambulance. Once your pain level "gets on top of you" it is hell. And I agree why did the doctor do so many procedures on one day?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

She is going to need a couple of weeks before she can go back to work.

She’s on the MTV payroll now.  As if she will ever “work” a real job again. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

As @geauxaway said no you cannot expect your local pharmacy to have enough meds month to month. I run into this issue quite often. It's a hassle. I just had a four level spinal fusion and the doctor increased the strength of my prescription. That increased the challenge.

I really felt for Jade and so glad they called an ambulance. Once your pain level "gets on top of you" it is hell. And I agree why did the doctor do so many procedures on one day?

One of the “best” was 2 days before school was starting and they couldn’t fill our scrip and at 4 PM said well maybe they can over at the other location.  BUT you have to have the doc call it in to THAT other pharm location.  Good luck at 4 PM gettin a hold of a doc to do that.  And we have a standing scrip.   Not newbies. 
 

Also, good luck trying to go on a week or more vacation and your going to run out of dose while you are away.  Happens every single year when we go to Christmas break and summer vacation.  Thanks to junkies like Jades parents.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, geauxaway said:

One of the “best” was 2 days before school was starting and they couldn’t fill our scrip and at 4 PM said well maybe they can over at the other location.  BUT you have to have the doc call it in to THAT other pharm location.  Good luck at 4 PM gettin a hold of a doc to do that.  And we have a standing scrip.   Not newbies.  

Exactly! I have run into that before. I'm sure for your son missing a few days is very bad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, badhaggis said:

Exactly! I have run into that before. I'm sure for your son missing a few days is very bad.

I mean, it sucks and I can deal like on a weekend but this was literally before school was starting back up.  I was sobbing and they were like nope.  Looking at me like I’m a junkie. Cool ✌🏼

4 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

Exactly! I have run into that before. I'm sure for your son missing a few days is very bad.

I’ve been burned so many times sometimes on the weekend I hold back a dose just so I can have a “back up.”  It sucks but it is what it is.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

In my experience, absolutely but others have disagreed. I find it hard to believe the clinic couldn’t have called in the prescription to a pharmacy they have used before.

Until COVID, I had to carry paper scrips on watermarked documents for my sons controlled substance refills.  It took 1 full year of visits with the same psych before we could get 3 months at a time (until we got “established,” it was monthly visit to the doc and monthly drop off to the pharm) and even after that I still have 3 separate papers I have to take to the pharmacy and hand over. And then I have to call every month in advance  to get it filled.  Because of COVID we now do virtual visits and the psych calls in the scrips electronically.   And you can’t jump pharmacies.  If your requested locations can’t fill it you wait or your doc has to call it in to another specified location.  It’s hard to get these meds for a reason.  Thank you, Jenelle, Leah, Amber, Ryan, Jades family, Butch…. This franchise is full of pill heads come on now.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, heatherchandler said:

I think she mentioned when they were picking her up that they tried to do that, but the pharmacies near the medical center didn't carry it.

 

 

 

There are different rules state to state.  The whole country has cracked down though.  In Illinois, I wasn't able to have a narcotic called in, but now they can send it electronically.  BUT, sometimes when they send it electronically, I call that pharmacy and they tell me they don't have it in stock.  So, I have to then research where I can get it before they retract and resend to another pharmacy.  It can take a whole day to do this.

Trust me, dealing with these types of prescriptions has turned into a nightmare.  

You can usually get them at a hospital in-house pharmacy but it is a bit more expensive.  But I wish someone told Jade, et al about that.

All of this being said, I CANNOT believe that they did this surgery as a day-surgery and sent her home in THAT condition.

 

Correct. Things may have changed since I last worked in a pharmacy (5 yrs). In Texas no C2’s can be filled electronically. Must be a handed in controlled prescription pad. Again, it’s been 5 yrs. Also, we kept very little on hand so if you drop off the c2 script we had to check with the pharmacist first and make sure we had it. Only the pharmacist could count and verify the c2. Not a tech. So there were a lot of rules but they could have changed. 

10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

No, they don't.  Like I said, my doctor is a pain specialist, and he has no clue who carries the medication.  He is certainly not calling around for it.  They write the prescription, it is not up to him to track it down.  

Not anymore.  Now the very few pharmacies that carry opiates only carry x amount every month (at least in my Chicago suburb).  I can ask them to order it, but that can take a week.  Walgreens for instance won't order it without the prescription, BUT the doctor can only electronically send it in after I see the doctor that month, so they may not order it in time.  Like I said, worse comes to worse, I can go to a hospital pharmacy, but it is way more expensive.  And 3 months ago, Osco failed to put in my order, none if the Walgreens had it in stock, I called the hospital pharmacy and they were out.  I had to drive an hour to get it.

It is a complicated process, and it comes from so many people suing the pharmacies after someone faked a prescription, overdosed and died.  

I am sure there are places in the US where it is not as hard as I have it, and some where it is worse.  The regulations are state to state.

I am not here to take up for Christy of all people!  She is a drug addict, and maybe she and the dad are rolling around high on the mattress in the back of the van.  But I am here to tell you that getting a prescription for Percocet filled is no quick/easy task.  

This! With almost 4 yrs of work in a pharmacy all this is true. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Nope.  See above.  I have a standing script for my kiddo’s adhd meds and it’s a pain in the ass every single month.  I have to call in but can’t be before a week ahead cuz then ins won’t approve.  Then they have to order it so they can fill it.  There’s been times when they couldn’t fill it (and they can’t just give you a day or so to get by) and we went without for 2 days.  Tell me how that will work for your 12 year old who is on daily meds for years.  To go to school without their dose.  Lmao you can’t get the pharmacy to work with your.  Controlled scripts don’t work that way, sweetie. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ha ok.  Lead the way.  On what grounds???  These are controlled substances.  

Correct. 👍🏻

Edited by Mkay
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

One thing kept reverberating through my head during this entire episode: My wise grandma's voice saying: stupidity + vanity = no good thing!

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

This week's episode was a first for me. The first time I flat-out FFed through every one of one mom's segments.

Sorry, Ashley. I just dgaf about you.

I felt mildly bad for Jade, but part of my brain kept reminding me she CHOSE to do all of that to herself.

And, yes, Briana's ass is hideous. I will never understand why anyone wants to look like that.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Jade's surgery made me look up Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.  She is going to need a couple of weeks before she can go back to work.  Several more before she can sit on a plane and travel.  So is the whole gang just going to hang out in Florida for 6 weeks?  I don't get it.

It’s not like they have jobs to go back to 😉

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Several more before she can sit on a plane and travel.  So is the whole gang just going to hang out in Florida for 6 weeks?  I don't get it.

Plane?  I'm assuming this traveling trash piled in the van, air mattress included from when Christy lived in it.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Being a huge fan of the show "Mom", every time I see Christy, I'm hearing "Crusty"

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, Mkay said:

The reason Kail won’t be on tonight. The arrest of her assaulting Chris would have been aired. She doesn’t want people to see that.  

7ABA0971-277D-4FB9-AC92-6BB3FA5C5919.jpeg

Karl in beast mode is a very very scary thing! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The only silver lining to Jade's horrific surgery is that young girls/women are seeing the real suffering that people endure after going through these procedures. A true cautionary tale.   Often we see the "finished" product and not what it was like to recover.  It made me sick for Jade, even though, yes, all of her procedures were elective, to be in that much pain.  I hope she feels that it was worth it once she's healed.

Can you imagine these women at 70 when those enormous asses are dragging around behind them like cabooses???

Edited by A-Lo
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size