Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Secret Sauce

• Start Topic

I totally had the suspicion that the scenes in E2 with the woman at the zoo were in an earlier timeline than Gus's scenes and she was the one who created the Preserve. Glad to have confirmation of that here. Not crazy about her calling her hybrid pig daughter Pigtail. Clearly she loves the girl and doesn't mean anything by it...but is it ever on the nose. It's a loving nickname from her but so likely to be the one of the first insults that anyone bigoted against hybrids would fling, so it isn't a nickname I'd choose.

Gus and Jepp are giving me Walking Dead-verse vibes - people who ruin everything everywhere they go. (To be fair, the mountain hideaway family did survive having the Last Men brought down on their heads...so far as we know. Seems like more Last Men would follow, to search for their colleagues.) Poor Bear. I felt bad for her when the community she'd created tore apart. Can't she join Gus and Jepp?

I'm not sure why the doctor and his wife think it's necessary to hide Nancie's body. It seems an unnecessary risk since they didn't kill her. Heh, I wasn't expecting that horse kick. The horse was probably just as irritated with Nancie as everyone else.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 7:13 PM, Black Knight said:

Poor Bear. I felt bad for her when the community she'd created tore apart. Can't she join Gus and Jepp?

I was getting a very big Lost Boys vibe from them until it devolved into Lord of the Flies. It seemed slightly implausible that so many would turn on Bear so quickly.

When it comes to the doctor, I have a feeling that the humane way of continuing the prior doctor's research for a cure (who was using the hybrids) will be found in the purple flowers that pop up around those who are sick and they are so quick to destroy.

I also thought it odd that the woman in the zoo who was so protective of her daughter and people not finding them would be announcing over the radio "hey look we are over here!"

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 8:13 PM, Black Knight said:

I'm not sure why the doctor and his wife think it's necessary to hide Nancie's body. It seems an unnecessary risk since they didn't kill her. Heh, I wasn't expecting that horse kick. The horse was probably just as irritated with Nancie as everyone else.

That part was so silly to me. They ruined a perfectly good accidental killing by making it something it wasn't. The horse kick surprised me as well but I didn't understand why they wouldn't just say that's what happened.

To be fair though this is a community that burns people alive so maybe the same outcome would have occurred.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 4

Really no one heard the commotion with Nancy?  And it seems like Aimee was in her office and the zoo a long time before she got her daughter, who now seems the same age as Gus, so the timing of the flyers isn’t working.