Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Stranger Danger on a Train

• Start Topic

I loved that bit when Tommy’s former NFL teammate was trying to convince him to go with the kids. Thanking him for all those hits he took and willing to sacrifice his life to help them. The tunnel scene with Jimmy Bubba having the flashbacks and fighting the militia  was an interesting director’s choice in how to keep it from being the same old trope where the bad guys get the last good one. 

I also had to look up who was narrating this series. James Brolin. I knew I recognized the sound of that voice. 

Welp, once again Gus and Jepp screwing things up for the people they encounter. Jimmy was getting along well enough before they showed up on the train. And they could totally have jumped off before the Last Men came across them, except oh, Jepp had to get Gus's Dog! Jimmy would not have needed to sacrifice himself if not for that! Also, it was a really ableist message the show sent with Jimmy basically saying his life wasn't worth the same as theirs because he's got a little brain fog. Someone should have stricken that right out of the script.

Now the Preserve is finished too, but hey, at least that one can't be blamed on Gus and Jepp.