Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
greekmom

S06.E7: Troubled Waters

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When sister Becky was coming after Libby and calling Underrrrei an a**hole and father Chuck only chastised Libby to calm down it became apparent to me that Becky's husband is financing The Family Business in some way. Surely he has floated them cash at some point. It all makes sense now. 

Libby actually yelled, "Go back to your rich husband," or something like that, in the big fight.  However, it was Charlie who had to stand in between Becky and Libby, because he's so obviously the most Alpha among all those Alpha Males (Chuck, Andrrrrei, and the rich husband).  He was assisted by Jenn, who probably wanted to get in a few swats at Andrrrei.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Libby actually yelled, "Go back to your rich husband," or something like that, in the big fight.  However, it was Charlie who had to stand in between Becky and Libby, because he's so obviously the most Alpha among all those Alpha Males (Chuck, Andrrrrei, and the rich husband).  He was assisted by Jenn, who probably wanted to get in a few swats at Andrrrei.

As I recall Becky pointing and waving her hands yelling came toward Libby talking smack.  Chuck does nothing. Then Libby points at her and yells back and Becky has the nerve to say don't put your hand in my face and touches Libby first by grabbing her arm. It made me laugh because Becky had HER hand in Libbys face first and for a much longer frame of time ! 

Again Chuck did nothing to tell Becky to back off,   told only Libby to calm down.  Never Becky. Husband Becky has money in the game guaranf*ckingteed and Father Chuck doesn't want to piss them off. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kalani says she breast feeds all night long, that kid is not a new born...feed him real food!  Also, pump you idiot, the kid can use a sippy cup!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

When it came out that A was sleeping in a separate bedroom at night I wondered if it was because she was co sleeping with both kids and nursing.  I am very pro breast feeding but wonder if it's is more for Kalani's comfort and theirs that for sustenance.  Nursing ALL night? I feel they need more food, and a full night's sleep! 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

The outfits this episode were OUTSTANDING!  First, there's Tiff, sporting a cold shoulder lacey smock over camo pants, Charlie attempting to hobknob with the socialite yacht crowd by tying a jaunty cardigan over his shoulders, and poor old Andrrrrrei with what appeared to be his wife's flowery pullover.  Did I miss anyone?

While I loved Andrrrrrrrrei's floral pullover, I think my favorite was the shirt he was wearing to visit Chuck.  Someone had hemmed the sleeves up to better show us his guns.  I don't really care if this dude has the body of a Greek God (he doesn't) - he is ughhhhhh!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

because it's The Samoa and Mormon way.

And the twerking? Is that Samoan or Mormon, I keep forgetting which one says to twerk on Instagram.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Good lawd, I just noticed when Angela was in the Uber that she had a change purse clipped to her bra strap.  Angela is screaming at Mah-kul about how when he is wrong he never admits it, that is the pot calling the kettle black...she is so unaware of herself.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 6/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, PortaBella said:

Can someone tell me how Libby’s family have so much wealth? The dad is a dim bulb and has no balls. The rest of them are stage 5 clingers to keep up their lifestyles. I just don’t get it. 

They aren't wealthy at all. They're grifters and phonies, with leased cars and maxed out credit cards. 

On 6/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, mamadrama said:

Yara may have been prepared for his leaving but reality can be different. She's probably still hormonal, too. I have a soft spot for her. 

I do too. You can know something intellectually but still react emotionally in real time. She's got a newborn, its COVID, and she's on her own. I don't blame her. 

On 6/5/2021 at 8:36 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

If I were Natalie I would have asked Mother Michael why wouldn't the room mate help with the wood stacking?  

I loved how Mother Michael just buys some parsnips as a replacement for celery and Natalie has not idea what a parsnip is or how to cook it.  I Trish just wanted to eff with Natalie.

 Pope Francis himself could tell me that it was an honest mistake and I'd call him a liar. Trish picked parsnips on purpose and probably laughed about it. Why couldn't Natalie go to the store with Trish so she could be sure she got the right ingredients? Because Trish knew that she was going to get something that was out of left field that Natalie couldn't use. For the next year Trish will talk about the horrible, inedible dish Natalie prepared. 

 

9 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

“Give her five thousand dollars and send her back to the Ukraine”.  Nice going Trish.  You’re a real peach.  Baby boy Mike should go live with Mama.    Maybe this conversation was the reason I read somewhere that Natalie winds up in Miami.  I hope it’s true.

"Send that common hoor back to Ukraine!" says Empress Trish. Where the fuck is Mike going to get $5000? Is she going to sell some of her pigs? 

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’m surprised Charlie didn’t wear something like this 

image.jpeg.a2084c13935adadfcc6fdb28a57fb428.jpeg

Well, folks are saying he looks like the Skipper from Gilligan's Island, but surely he relates more strongly to Thurston Howell III. 

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When it came out that A was sleeping in a separate bedroom at night I wondered if it was because she was co sleeping with both kids and nursing.  I am very pro breast feeding but wonder if it's is more for Kalani's comfort and theirs that for sustenance.  Nursing ALL night? I feel they need more food, and a full night's sleep! 

It does seem suspect that Kalani is breastfeeding toddlers all night. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still boggling that Angela is calling her interaction with the doctor "Southern charm"! 

I did love that the doctor wouldn't back down. And that he didn't slap her. He is to be congratulated for his restraint. 

  • Like 19
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Anyone else cheering on the doctor for shutting down Angela’s bullshit “southern charm” over smoking before surgery? 

The way she lowered her voice narrowed her eyes and told him  "you are not going to nicotine test me" was almost menacing.  That's not southern charm. I was cheering him on like a home run at the ballpark! Yeaaaah! 

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It does seem suspect that Kalani is breastfeeding toddlers all night. 

I chuckled to myself that she is forcing those kids to breast feed, the kids resisting and her telling them to eat! Any way to keep from being alone with that dolt of a husband, who by the way did not seem all that traumatized by his fender bender, not quite the "totaled" car Kalani described to us, the photo does not lie.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Did anyone watch the preview last night?

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) American men often desire younger, and more attractive women than they could ever get in the States.

I believe that is why an average, even fugly, man can look to Europe to marry a 'forever' partner who will be stunning while onlookers look puzzled.

The difference...? He knows there are hundreds+  of young,  beautiful women who will risk and/or do anything to ensure they can stay in USA.

This applies to women as well. She can bring home a gorgeous man who - if interacting in the USA - would never have looked at her, nevermind date her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I chuckled to myself that she is forcing those kids to breast feed, the kids resisting and her telling them to eat! Any way to keep from being alone with that dolt of a husband, who by the way did not seem all that traumatized by his fender bender, not quite the "totaled" car Kalani described to us, the photo does not lie.

I ff'ed through her stuff but I watched for a quick minute when they showed the car.  THAT WAS IT?  It was a fender bender that he clearly walked away from.  Come to Minnesota, hit a deer and get thrown through your windshield and we'll talk.

Trish  - you asked a neighbor to stop the wedding, you insult, degrade and mock Natalie (and I am no fan of hers) dismiss her in the kitchen, make little inside jokes with your grown son, at Nat's expense, watch as she steps on a nail, badger her about getting a job, a job that YOU choose, tell her how to be a "good wife" when you are unmarried and live in a hovel, THEN.....wait for it it.......ask, at Thanksgiving dinner "When are you gonna get pregnant and make me a grandma?  I have baby stuff saved up and YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER."  Then Mike, asshole of the year, says, "I am ready for babies!" to throw Nat under the Tulsa Bus of Horror.  Mike, you and your wife are horrid, repugnant assholes.  If you are presenting this way for a paycheck then you deserve every mean and cruel meme that comes your way along with internet mocking and hate.  Nat, if I were the non drinking you, I would be day drinking!!  

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Again Chuck did nothing to tell Becky to back off,   told only Libby to calm down.  Never Becky. Husband Becky has money in the game guaranf*ckingteed and Father Chuck doesn't want to piss them off. 

Although I believe 100% of this stuff is made up for a possible spin off, there are some weird dynamics in that family, all families have them, and the Grifter Potthast Family is out for full display.  There is some weird shit between the sisters (my mom was one of three sisters so the triangulation was a life long thing.  One was a BFF and we hated the other, the next month it was reversed.)   Even when I was watching it on D+ on Saturday, I was like, Why is Father Jowls only telling Libby to calm down when Becky was FIRED UP, swearing and cursing and mocking Libby?  "Oh there you go again, crying Libby!" 

I mean, my sibs would never talk to each other that way, but if anyone even started trouble, I would go to whoever is driving the boat and ask to please turn around to drop us off.  Not doing this today or any other day.  

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On a second look, the bowl of not mashed potatoes might be cole slaw, although I saw Trish mixing it in her mashed potatoes so that was odd.

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There is some weird shit between the sisters (my mom was one of three sisters so the triangulation was a life long thing.  One was a BFF and we hated the other, the next month it was reversed.)   Even when I was watching it on D+ on Saturday, I was like, Why is Father Jowls only telling Libby to calm down when Becky was FIRED UP, swearing and cursing and mocking Libby?  "Oh there you go again, crying Libby!" 

Thank you. EXACTLY. Father Chuck never ever addressed Becky whatsoever.  He should be the one in between them to break it up.  He clearly cannot afford to alienate Becky and the others are in lockstep. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ The money is the triangulation. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Good lawd, I just noticed when Angela was in the Uber that she had a change purse clipped to her bra strap.  Angela is screaming at Mah-kul about how when he is wrong he never admits it, that is the pot calling the kettle black...she is so unaware of herself.

I’ve never seen a purse or a crossbody on her.  She puts everything in her uppers.  Cigarettes and lighter in her bra .. phone in her bra strap .. keys who knows where.  What a mess she is. Now that she has herself beautified,she’s more obnoxious than ever.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hangin Out said:

I’ve never seen a purse or a crossbody on her.  She puts everything in her uppers.  Cigarettes and lighter in her bra .. phone in her bra strap .. keys who knows where.  What a mess she is. Now that she has herself beautified,she’s more obnoxious than ever.

A polished turd. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Tulsa OK backwards is KO a slut. Just sayin’.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

On a second look, the bowl of not mashed potatoes might be cole slaw, although I saw Trish mixing it in her mashed potatoes so that was odd.

Well, she’s odd.  Who at that age has that longhair hanging?  Does she think it looks sexy?  Was the boyfriend hiding?  He should of been stacking the wood, not Natalie.  I’ve never seen guests in the house do the work like Natalie.  Mike is a piece of work.  Zero personality.  All he wants to do is eat.  Ukrainian people are proper.  He’s a slob.  No stuffing?  That’s the best part.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I chuckled to myself that she is forcing those kids to breast feed, the kids resisting and her telling them to eat! Any way to keep from being alone with that dolt of a husband, who by the way did not seem all that traumatized by his fender bender, not quite the "totaled" car Kalani described to us, the photo does not 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pope Francis himself could tell me that it was an honest mistake and I'd call him a liar. Trish picked parsnips on purpose and probably laughed about it. Why couldn't Natalie go to the store with Trish so she could be sure she got the right ingredients? Because Trish knew that she was going to get something that was out of left field that Natalie couldn't use. For the next year Trish will talk about the horrible, inedible dish Natalie prepared. 

 

Natalie didn’t really need the parsley.  It’s only used as a garnish on top in the end.  I’m very surprised they all ate it.  Has anyone here seen Natalie cooking on U- tube?  No meat.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Again I have to ask when will this show drop the trash that is Angela.  Sitting in the back of the Uber/Cab, her breasts were partially exposed, there was even some blurring to hide it.  Her filthy loud mouth and disgusting ways bring this already trashy show even lower.  She berates and treats Michael terribly.  The portrayed obsession with her breast size does him no favors.  They both need to go.

Mike and his mom are horrible.  Who does that woman think she is telling him to give her 5,000 and send her back to the Ukraine.  She is not an object you just return because you are not satisfied.  Natalie is a bit strange and I think some of the issues are due to a language problem, but come on who wants a husband that treats you like crap and constantly defends his mother.  Trish is garbage.  The roommate was very cordial and nice, Trish should have acted more like him.  Natalie and Mike are not compatible and should not have married.  

Ronald wants his family in SA and does not care if he gets a Visa or not.

Jovi needs to find another job so he can be around for his wife and child.  So tired of hearing her whine, its constant.  

Julia is an immature little snot, she needs to go Russia!

Not a fan of any of the Chuckle family, but I did feel sorry for Libby.  She needs to walk away and Andrei needs to step up and do something to support his family that does not involve any of them.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

She forgot the Gravy Master.  The gravy looked putrid white.

The gravy and the bird both looked positively anemic.  I was wondering if she made "milk gravy" instead of actual turkey gravy.  

That was the most dismal Thanksgiving table setting I've ever seen (on TV, in real life Sister Persnickety could rival it).  

And I saw no vegetables whatsoever, unless I somehow overlooked them.  I saw a bunch of green that turned out to be a liberal dusting of parsley on something but that was it.  I guess they felt Natalie's borscht covered any other vegetables being served.  

The whole meal was like something out of American Horror Story or something.  I don't blame Natalie for being reduced to laughter several times.  It was absolutely surreal.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I ff’d through it too. Life is too short (heh).

I don’t subscribe to Discovery+, so I wasn’t sure what the Reality Gays were referring to when they said that Ed was a nasty ass verbal abuser during his stint on The Single Life (?) show, and they said they will no longer mention Ed in any of their podcasts from here on out for that reason. Yet TLC persists in pushing him at the audience. I guess TLC loves Ed because he’ll demean himself any way possible for the notoriety and the money. Sorry, no sale.

The ChuckleFucks on vacation? Hilarity ensues (or not). Will they be served peasant food? 

I'm hoping that's a signal that the Potthasts will have their own show full of their tawdry shenanigans.  

I'm all for that.  If Family Chantal can have their own show, give one to these assholes, too.

A separate show means those of us who are sick to death of these fake assholes and their fake story lines choose not to watch it can ignore its existence and get them out of the regular show.  

I was delighted when Family Chantal got their own show because I never had to see any of those assholes again.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Unless I am mistaken, there are thousands of military wives living away from their families, with kids, while their husbands are deployed for six months or more.  And yet, somehow, they manage to survive.  Knowing her situation, perhaps Yara should have thought about birth control before she got pregnant a second tim

So true.  My first ten years of my marriage my husband worked nights.  I cooked a hot meal every afternoon before he went to work.  I had no second car, two babies and no friends in the new neighborhood.  You can’t have everything.  He seems like a responsible worker and has a dangerous job.  I feel bad for Yara, but not that bad.  She wasn’t responsible with the birth control.  At least she has his lovely Mother to help her.Stop whining already.  People have it worse.  Learn how to cook while he is away.  I was lonely at night so did arts n crafts.  Husband slept most of the day, so I was on my own.  It was hard keeping two toddlers quiet while Daddy was sleeping, so I had to take them out most of the time.  That’s life.  Things get better.Yara shouldn’t make Jovie feel guilty.  He has a job to do.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I chuckled to myself that she is forcing those kids to breast feed, the kids resisting and her telling them to eat! Any way to keep from being alone with that dolt of a husband, who by the way did not seem all that traumatized by his fender bender, not quite the "totaled" car Kalani described to us, the photo does not lie.

My husband was parked outside our house, someone came around the corner too fast and hit the rear end of our car. It didn't look too bad on first glance--the left rear tail light was smashed and there was damage to the back of the car but it didn't look too too bad. But the frame had been bent, the exhaust system was smashed, and the whole undercarriage was compromised. It was totaled (my husband was crushed because it was his dream car). It would have been insanely expensive to repair. Totaled doesn't necessarily mean smashed to bits. 

6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

 

Trish  - you asked a neighbor to stop the wedding, you insult, degrade and mock Natalie (and I am no fan of hers) dismiss her in the kitchen, make little inside jokes with your grown son, at Nat's expense, watch as she steps on a nail, badger her about getting a job, a job that YOU choose, tell her how to be a "good wife" when you are unmarried and live in a hovel, THEN.....wait for it it.......ask, at Thanksgiving dinner "When are you gonna get pregnant and make me a grandma?  I have baby stuff saved up and YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER."  Then Mike, asshole of the year, says, "I am ready for babies!" to throw Nat under the Tulsa Bus of Horror.  Mike, you and your wife are horrid, repugnant assholes.  If you are presenting this way for a paycheck then you deserve every mean and cruel meme that comes your way along with internet mocking and hate.  Nat, if I were the non drinking you, I would be day drinking!!  

  

Trish showed her ass in no uncertain terms. I'm truly flabbergasted-does she think people admire her? She is just a failure of humanity.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It was totaled (my husband was crushed because it was his dream car). It would have been insanely expensive to repair. Totaled doesn't necessarily smashed to bits. 

I agree, and yes minor damage can total a car, especially it ruins the alignment.  But to listen to those two chuckleheads natter on and on and ON about a fender bender........plus Aseulo's voice grates on me more than Angela.  Now THERE is a statment!!!

Angela:  "What if I give you my word I won't smoke?"  20 minutes later she smokes in the Uber while her boob is hanging out, berating Michael.  And then Michael's sweet relatives bring up.......having a baby.  Please move along to a new subject.  She ain't totin' no baby.  I watch Angela but on mute with closed captions as her voice is grating.  Her hair NEEDS TO GO NOW.  Bleached out frizz in a ponytail is not a good look.  Smoking since age 13?  Ugh.  That is a forty year habit.  My mom quit smoking after 40 years and stayed quit but freely admitted she still missed it.  It is really hard.  But if she did it, anyone can.  Towards the end, and before Clean Indoor Air Act, she was a three pack a day kinda gal.

Big shout out to @Adeejay:  Many many military families are away from their spouses for months at a time, often a year SERVING OUR COUNTRY and don't even get to see the birth.  Yara, your whining needs to stop.  You should have been more careful with birth control - Jovi, too - and be grateful for what you have!   Another thing I picked up the second time around:  "My mom tells her what to do with the baby"  No, Gwen, you don't get to tell her what to do.  Unless there is a safety risk you can shut your yammer.  

My first marriage my hubby worked days, I worked evenings plus weekends at a grocery store.  Both of were always alone with two kids close together.  Plus a dog and cats!  Yara, shut it.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

As I recall Becky pointing and waving her hands yelling came toward Libby talking smack.  Chuck does nothing. Then Libby points at her and yells back and Becky has the nerve to say don't put your hand in my face and touches Libby first by grabbing her arm. It made me laugh because Becky had HER hand in Libbys face first and for a much longer frame of time ! 

Again Chuck did nothing to tell Becky to back off,   told only Libby to calm down.  Never Becky. Husband Becky has money in the game guaranf*ckingteed and Father Chuck doesn't want to piss them off. 

That was the worst acted family fight in the history of "reality" television.

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Xena said:

When Tiffany was telling her dad the story about Ronald 'borrowing' a friend's jacket with drugs in the pocket?  If I were here father, I would have reached over, slapped her in the face, and said 'I am trying to slap some sense into you. Because you are telling the story as if it were true.  You are an idiot if you believe this is what happened."

I thought the same thing!  I would have looked at her and said "You believed that load of bull?  Look, daughter, I am sorry I was not in your life as I should have been, but really......cut your losses and move on.  Have you heard of the sunk cost fallacy?"  It is hard as there are kids involved but Tiffany, growing up with an absent dad, SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER to get knocked up by a guy on another continent with a criminal record.  I think there is a lot more than the gambling.  I think there was some illegal drug use and perhaps intent to sell as well.  But I kinda hate Tiffany so there is that.  She needlessly pulls her family into her bad decision making.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Xena said:

When Tiffany was telling her dad the story about Ronald 'borrowing' a friend's jacket with drugs in the pocket?  If I were here father, I would have reached over, slapped her in the face, and said 'I am trying to slap some sense into you. Because you are telling the story as if it were true.  You are an idiot if you believe this is what happened."

That, and I couldn't help but notice she neglected to mention Ronald had stolen his own mother's refrigerator to finance his addiction.

I would have loved to see her dad refuse to sponsor him because he would not knowingly bring a low-life thief like Ronald into his family.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Andrei didn't interfere with Libby and Becky, because he figured his wife would win the fight easily.     And maybe he bet $20 on her to win.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

The gravy and the bird both looked positively anemic.  I was wondering if she made "milk gravy" instead of actual turkey gravy.  

That was the most dismal Thanksgiving table setting I've ever seen (on TV, in real life Sister Persnickety could rival it).  

And I saw no vegetables whatsoever, unless I somehow overlooked them.  I saw a bunch of green that turned out to be a liberal dusting of parsley on something but that was it.  I guess they felt Natalie's borscht covered any other vegetables being served.  

The whole meal was like something out of American Horror Story or something.  I don't blame Natalie for being reduced to laughter several times.  It was absolutely surreal.  

Most men can’t survive on salads.  They love meat.  Whoever Natalie winds up with will probably eat meat. She has to learn to cook it.  Butter and paprika on the bird would have made it tempting and nicely browned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

That was the most dismal Thanksgiving table setting I've ever seen

I thought it was terrible, the turkey was not even browned.  Trish is just disgusting.  I wouldn't eat anything she cooked.

4 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I would have loved to see her dad refuse to sponsor him because he would not knowingly bring a low-life thief like Ronald into his family.  

If her Dad sponsors him he is out of his mind.  Ronald is trouble and apparently he will be responsible for him the rest of his life. Tiffany is doing her Dad a great disservice  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

In general, I like Yara but she needs to stop telling him to get a new job.  He makes enough money so that she doesn't have to work and has enough money to buy $500 hair dryers. I don't get the impression she has a ton of marketable skills herself so she won't be able to bring in much money if he got a lesser paying job nearby. She's also got a pretty darn nice MIL who is willing to step in and help. When my kids were born and my MIL came to "help", I was pretty much taking care of the baby AND waiting on her. 

 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I think that the Potthast Family-Business PR machine tries really hard to spin Chuck as the even-keeled, wise, benevolent patriarch.  Even in the preview, he talks about how he will take Andrrrei under his wing, because it's not working out with his adult children.  Yet, Chuck has no self-awareness or ownership of his significant contribution to the toxic & dysfunctional family and business culture.

Also, Chuck is such the real estate mogul that he works out of his small home office decorated with cheap, left-over cabinets that don't match anywhere else in his house, which is down the road from an isolated Dollar General.  There's very little room between his non-executive desk and the sliding door behind him.  No wonder his kitchen island serves as the conference room for all those Family Business Meetings. 

Also - didn't Chuck have to sponsor Andrrrrrei, because Libby doesn't earn enough for anything (wedding, 2nd wedding, residence)?  The "Andrrrei will be deported immediately if he doesn't work for the Family Business at the time of his interview" exchange shows how their sophisticated the HR and legal departments of the Family Business are.  Maybe Blocky-Head Eleanor should run them so that Libby won't need to hire a nanny.

I am glad I am not the only one that wonders about that poor kids head.  Never seen a perfectly square head before.  For the record, my handbasket to hell is totes decked out.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I’m wondering where Angela’s money is coming from.  Can’t all be from the show.  Rings on each finger, nails always done, smoking at least two packs a day adds up.  She might stop smoking for the surgery, but will be back at it in no time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, amola said:

When my kids were born and my MIL came to "help", I was pretty much taking care of the baby AND waiting on her. 

Exactly why I wanted anyone to come over to "help."  Great, now I have to clean and put clothes on?  My jammy bottoms are too casual for you?

 

16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

For the record, my handbasket to hell is totes decked out.

Mine was checked when I wrote (and still believe) that Daniel and Carly are........unfortunate looking.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Angela:  "What if I give you my word I won't smoke?"  20 minutes later she smokes in the Uber while her boob is hanging out, berating Michael.  And then Michael's sweet relatives bring up.......having a baby.  Please move along to a new subject.  She ain't totin' no baby.  I watch Angela but on mute with closed captions as her voice is grating.  Her hair NEEDS TO GO NOW.  Bleached out frizz in a ponytail is not a good look.  Smoking since age 13?  Ugh.  That is a forty year habit.  My mom quit smoking after 40 years and stayed quit but freely admitted she still missed it.  It is really hard.  But if she did it, anyone can.  Towards the end, and before Clean Indoor Air Act, she was a three pack a day kinda gal.

I smoked for 20 years, quit over 20 years ago, and I still miss it. I loved smoking. 

Angela promising not to smoke was rich. I laughed most heartily. That wheedling tone! Sounds like one of Dr. Now's fatties asking if they can have a tater tot. Then the gritted teeth and the refusal to cooperate with doctor's orders? Fuck. Off. Angela. This doctor owes you nothing. You are not doing him a great big honking favor. He probably breathed a huge sigh of relief when she lumbered out of there. 

There is so much to dislike about Angela, her peroxided straw mop is just a footnote. But it really is terrible. Surely she doesn't think it looks good?

14 minutes ago, Xena said:

When Tiffany was telling her dad the story about Ronald 'borrowing' a friend's jacket with drugs in the pocket?  If I were here father, I would have reached over, slapped her in the face, and said 'I am trying to slap some sense into you. Because you are telling the story as if it were true.  You are an idiot if you believe this is what happened."

RIGHT?? "He was wearing his friend's jacket!" A child of two wouldn't be taken in by that lame story.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Xena said:

When Tiffany was telling her dad the story about Ronald 'borrowing' a friend's jacket with drugs in the pocket?  If I were here father, I would have reached over, slapped her in the face, and said 'I am trying to slap some sense into you. Because you are telling the story as if it were true.  You are an idiot if you believe this is what happened."

Greg Brady tried that with his parents (Mike and Carol Brady), but with a pack of cigarettes in a friends jacket mix up that he took by mistake thinking it was his letterman jacket, they believed him soooo...lol. 

I think if Tiffany says it enough it will be true.  Her father should tell her this is her mess, she needs to pay for it or clean it up, he should also tell her enough with the cold shoulder tops but well, here we are.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

I’m wondering where Angela’s money is coming from.  Can’t all be from the show.  Rings on each finger, nails always done, smoking at least two packs a day adds up.  She might stop smoking for the surgery, but will be back at it in no time.

I will ring shame her forever and they look filthy and too small on her puffed up fingers.  That is what you want to see in a health care professional when they knock on your door (reaking of cigarette smoke) to help take care of your loved one, oy.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

RIGHT?? "He was wearing his friend's jacket!" A child of two wouldn't be taken in by that lame story.

Clearly Ronald was doing his best Lindsay Lohan imitation with that bullshit story.  

 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

.  Also, Asuelo did not total his car, that was a bad accident in which he walked away from without a scratch, it can be fixed, the insurance company would laugh at her description of the damage.  Kalani sits there looking all innocent and hopeful that her marriage will last but if they were not on this show she would have dumped his ass but the TLC dollars are keeping hanging on to the farce of a marriage. 

I agree in theory, but car damage can be weird. You can't always see the damage. My husband and daughter were sitting at a red light when a car behind them came barreling down the road at 60mph and rammed into the car behind them which then rammed into ours. Neither husband nor child had a scratch on them. In fact, a glance at our vehicle (a Buick Enclave) basically just showed some dents. It looked far better than Asuelu's. All the damage was in the undercarriage, the wheels, and the engine. It was totaled and I miss that thing every day.

My 9yo yelled "just pump those things" at Kalani. Sharp probably suggested the trip because of all the attention we gave the last one. 

Trish is pretty cocky for a woman who seemingly has a Lhaso Apso sticking out of her straw hat and looks like a thumb. 

Chuck should be shut that shit down as soon as it started. He's part of the problem. 

If you can find celery root in January in my tiny town's only grocery store (Save a Lot)...They were trying to sabotage her. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

I’m wondering where Angela’s money is coming from.  Can’t all be from the show.  Rings on each finger, nails always done, smoking at least two packs a day adds up.  She might stop smoking for the surgery, but will be back at it in no time.

I highly doubt the rings are real. They look like the ones my Facebook friends are always shilling from their MLM's. They cost $50. Tops. You can find inexpensive manicures. Back when I used to actually get them is go to the local beauty school and pay $10. 

Since Angela is now one of the big 90 Day players she's probably pulling in $10,000 per episode. They start them st around $1,500, but she's been on it for awhile. She's also been doing sponsorships. Since they use identifying information for the doctors the surgeries are undoubtedly comped. They blur Pepsi labels and make the cast remove certain pictures from the walls so that they don't give them accidental publicity. If they're using a business' name then they're getting something out of it. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think Trish couldn’t be bothered to look for celery root and just grabbed parsnips because she assumed no one would like Natalie’s dish anyway.. 

I would definitely try the borscht . Firstly because a guest in my home made something from their homeland and secondly it looked good.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her father should tell her this is her mess, she needs to pay for it or clean it up, he should also tell her enough with the cold shoulder tops but well, here we are.

"And now I am off to talk in my sexy voice to Mrs Hanson.....see ya later, daughter!  At least SHE covers her shoulders!"

 

12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Chuck should be shut that shit down as soon as it started. He's part of the problem. 

Yes but then the TLC $$ might stop and the whole spin off show would not happen.

 

23 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I smoked for 20 years, quit over 20 years ago, and I still miss it. I loved smoking.

Thank you for your honesty and congratulations on being 20 years smoke free!  My mom never missed drinking but yes she missed smoking.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Kalani and Asuleu - I dont care about the fender bender. It was stupid to mention it on their part and make it out as some major accident.  Kalani shouldn't be breast feeding full time at the age her kids are. At this point it should be just extra and for comfort for the kids.  The problem is she wants romance and fun with Asuleu but doesn't want to be alone with him (hence carting her mom and kids on the romantic getaway) and I don't think she can single parent either.  She always requires her sister or mom's assistance. I also am thinking Low knows this as well and is one of the reasons he might not be all for the divorce.

Brandon and Julia. Mom and dad forcing them for another wedding is just stupid. Especially since we are still in covid (at the time of filming). At best an outdoor bbq to meet friends and extended family (hopefully not the swinger friends).

Natalie and Mike. I thought Debbie and Colt had a weird relationship but Mike and his mom are up there as close second.  He and mom continue to gaslight Natalie so that she can willingly leave Mike and go back to the Ukraine.  I honestly feel for Natalie.  I said this in the online chat and posted it on twitter but I would love to get Mike's first wife's opinion of Mother Mike.  She must have some juicy tea.

Tiffany and Ronald. I wonder what he is doing in SA. Is mom supplementing his income? I wonder if he just doesn't want to leave cause it's cushy and he knows if he moves State side he will have to work his ass off.  

Family Libby. All staged. I am curious to know if they kept the boat after Chuck left so Libby and the coven can do some extra photo shoots for Only Fans.  You know Boats and Ho's?  Oh and did Discovery+ leave the bleeps in the episode there?

Angela and Michael. All those who have Discovery+ can you tell me if they blurred the nipples in the episode or not?  Michael's Aunt Lydia is in denial about Angela giving Mike a baby. Seriously lady, that ship has not only sailed, it has sunk. Kudos to the doctor who put his foot down with the smoking.  Angela's "southern charm" is nothing but being a loud mouth whinny toddler till she gets what she wants. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, PortaBella said:

Can someone tell me how Libby’s family have so much wealth? The dad is a dim bulb and has no balls. The rest of them are stage 5 clingers to keep up their lifestyles. I just don’t get it. 

Do we know how much wealth they really have?  Anyone can rent a boat for a few hours

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

My Sicilian grandma and her 2 brothers and 7 sisters would fight worse than Libby and her sisters. Every card game there would be accusations of cheating and stealing from the pot. At least one would storm off claiming they would never speak to the others again. It was loud and tempers were high. An hour later they were all calling each other to make sure they got home safely. They would do anything for their siblings if they needed it. So Libby's and her sister's fight wasn't that big a deal for me.

I hate to help Mike's mom in any way, but around my area if you wait until 1 or 2 days before Thanksgiving to get celery or fresh parsley you might not get it. The 3 major stores around us, including Walmart, always run out. And we are a fairly large city with a professional football and hockey team. So I could see her stores not having celery if that is what Natalie was looking for.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size