Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Troubled Waters

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Porkchop said:

Several friends and I are serious tasters of cole slaw! Having been brought up on cole slaw being served two or three times a week, I do love it ... when it's similar to my mother's or grandmother's ... or when it's different but tasty! KFC is famous for good cole slaw.

I love cole slaw. The problem is that most places don’t do a good job making it. It should be crisp, not watery.

• Love 1

I can’t get over how plain and dismal the “tablescape” is. No tablecloth, floral centerpiece or any kind of holiday decorations. Surely they can’t be Trish’s best dishes and silverware. A Pyrex measuring cup of gravy. Not even drinking glasses at the place setting. Later, everyone appears to have their own plastic bottle of water. Natalie seems to have made the only attempt to make anything look appetizing with her sour cream and parsley garnish on the borscht. 

And enough coleslaw for a church supper! (But no cranberry sauce) 

• Love 5
(edited)

I watching Ronald's practice interview with the immigration lawyer, or who ever that person really is, and it's hysterical.       I wonder if his vape pen has more in it than tobacco extract?  Because he seemed high as a kite. 

I wonder if he's trying to tank the entire visa approval, so Tiffany and the kids will have to move to S.A.? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2021 at 9:47 AM, Persnickety1 said:

The gravy and the bird both looked positively anemic.  I was wondering if she made "milk gravy" instead of actual turkey gravy.  

That was the most dismal Thanksgiving table setting I've ever seen (on TV, in real life Sister Persnickety could rival it).  

And I saw no vegetables whatsoever, unless I somehow overlooked them.  I saw a bunch of green that turned out to be a liberal dusting of parsley on something but that was it.  I guess they felt Natalie's borscht covered any other vegetables being served.  

The whole meal was like something out of American Horror Story or something.  I don't blame Natalie for being reduced to laughter several times.  It was absolutely surreal.  

Asshole was bragging about Momma’s Turkey.  Where’s the stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean cassarole and candied sweet potatoes?   Thanksgiving should be a feast.  She should have thrown in a piece of fish for Natalie in the toaster oven being she was a guest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Asshole was bragging about Momma’s Turkey.  Where’s the stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean cassarole and candied sweet potatoes?   Thanksgiving should be a feast.  She should have thrown in a piece of fish for Natalie in the toaster oven being she was a guest.

That was an absolutely dismal-looking meal.

I guess Mother Mikey was far too busy to even take the foil off of the turkey for a few minutes to brown.  

Her "holiday feast" was about as appetizing as the slop Janelle Brown (Sister Wives) posts on her IG.  

🤢

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Mike and his mom are the very definition of a bully. They push you beyond your limits and then have the audacity to demand an answer to what they did wrong. I am not a Natalie fan but come on!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, magemaud said:

I can’t get over how plain and dismal the “tablescape” is. No tablecloth, floral centerpiece or any kind of holiday decorations. Surely they can’t be Trish’s best dishes and silverware. A Pyrex measuring cup of gravy. Not even drinking glasses at the place setting. Later, everyone appears to have their own plastic bottle of water. Natalie seems to have made the only attempt to make anything look appetizing with her sour cream and parsley garnish on the borscht. 

And enough coleslaw for a church supper! (But no cranberry sauce) 

You know somewhere in the hoarde, Trish has a set of pigs dressed as Pilgrims.  She just didn't break them out for the Thanksgiving feast.  The Pyrex may be her Sunday best, since her cooking cup was from Domino's.  

No cranberry sauce.  No pies.  How can that be Thanksgiving?

On 6/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, magemaud said:

No problem, I react to posts all the time only to find out others have already said the same thing!

But I came here to post that I’m rewatching the “More to Love” episode and I’m surprised no one has mentioned Tiffany’s attorney’s weird crescent shaped forehead crease. I can’t take my eyes off it 

I rewatched on Sunday.  I couldn't stop staring at it.  I hadn't noticed it before your post!

• Love 3
On 6/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, Grifter Lives said:

You know somewhere in the hoarde, Trish has a set of pigs dressed as Pilgrims.  She just didn't break them out for the Thanksgiving feast.  The Pyrex may be her Sunday best, since her cooking cup was from Domino's.  

No cranberry sauce.  No pies.  How can that be Thanksgiving?

I rewatched on Sunday.  I couldn't stop staring at it.  I hadn't noticed it before your post!

I 100% agree. I come from a very large family so family gatherings means numerous people will attend. If I host Thanksgiving, I provide the turkey and dressing as well as other vegetables. Family members arrive with dessert, cranberry sauce, etc. with a big smile on their face. That sad display had me saying, "How can you possibly consider that an actual Thanksgiving dinner??."

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I watching Ronald's practice interview with the immigration lawyer, or who ever that person really is, and it's hysterical.       I wonder if his vape pen has more in it than tobacco extract?  Because he seemed high as a kite. 

I wonder if he's trying to tank the entire visa approval, so Tiffany and the kids will have to move to S.A.? 

Maybe in his mind, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  They don't have to move anywhere.  Of course Tiffany would be dumb enough to move to S.A. instead of telling loser Ronald to eff off.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2
On 6/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, Grifter Lives said:

As someone who has a Tiffany tea set listing on EBay for $500, this made me laugh out loud*  Full disclosure:  My MIL bought the tea set, my hubs inherited it and we are UNLODING stuff from our house.  But I would put the gravy in a nice gravy boat.  Heck, I put cream for coffee in a cute server on weekends!

On 6/14/2021 at 11:04 AM, Rebky said:

Mike and his mom are the very definition of a bully. They push you beyond your limits and then have the audacity to demand an answer to what they did wrong. I am not a Natalie fan but come on!

As a teacher (SPED) those scenes are very hard to watch.  I wanted to yell:  "Hey you two!  Let's write a four part apology letter before recess!"  And I work with K-5.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Maybe in his mind, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  They don't have to move anywhere.  Of course Tiffany would be dumb enough to move to S.A. instead of telling loser Ronald to eff off.

If it would get Tiffany another season of TLC money, or if they promised her a show on Discovery+, she would move to S.A.     She's never worried about the safety of her children. 

• Love 1
On 6/8/2021 at 9:02 PM, renatae said:

I have felt the same way. They seem to revel in her discomfiture and they both seem to be genuine jerks. Mike excuses his mom's behavior and grins like a fool while shrugging and saying he doesn't know what's going on with Natalie, while mom feels free to attack Natalie on all fronts. I hate them.

Are y’all kidding me?!   Natalie acts like a spoiled brat!  Mom never attacked her!  Mike is embarrassed!   Have any of you watched Natalie speak?? She acts like she’s too good for anyone!   Mike is handling this quite well.  I would’ve sent her spoiled ass back!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Coleslaw aficionados, help a snarker out!

There's fermented coleslaw (the real deal, the cabbage shreds are softened by the process), sweet vinegar coleslaw (cheap commercial) and fresh coleslaw (often in restaurants, crunchy and tasting like raw cabbage).

It looks like Trash was serving the fresh kind? It's my least favorite.

(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 12:15 AM, Chalby said:

Family Libby = Family Chantal. Unlikable and unwatchable. They are both stuck on themselves and oblivious to the idea that people aren't jealous of them. Andrei has major anger issues, and come on... that would be the day when my husband would tell me if I can get a sitter for a couple hours or not. Especially when I am the provider.

Yet they must have hired someone to take care of her while they were off on the boat trip. Someone who was able to pass his babysitter interrogations interviews!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Yet they must have hired someone to take care of her while they were off on the boat trip. Someone who was able to pass his babysitter interrogations interviews!

Yup- I had those same thoughts. There are plenty of scenes with Libby and Andrei out of the house without baby...... surely someone is watching baby

• Love 2
On 6/9/2021 at 12:04 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is it that the person that will be coming to the states never chips in for all the visa expenses?  If you can't bring some money or marketable skills then I would not be interested in you...if you could not make a living of any sorts in your country how would you do that in the US?  Like who really needs to bring someone here who will bitch about the time spent away from them at work so I can support them? Who needs that crap?

We don't know if the person coming over does or doesn't pay for anything related to the visa. The show really likes to play up the "poor foreigner who thinks Americans are all wealthy" angle. And they never really talk about money unless it's about the American going in to debt to fund the international love story lifestyle. 

On 6/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, Stuckathome said:

Tiffany better hope Ronald doesn't come to the US, drag out a divorce for a long ass time and then keep his green card (first one is just for 2 years, or at least that is how it was when I did the process with my now ex husband, then you get one for 10 years) and fight for custody or visitation with his daughter. Lots of legal aid resources here to help him (at least compared from trying to fight it trans atlantic). 

The two year conditional residency is only if you've been married for under 2 years when you enter the States. I think they've been married 2 years already (or they'll definitely be married 2+ years if he ever gets to the States) so he'll get his 10 year visa as soon as he arrives.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:34 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if Tiffany has even applied for the visa. Ronald seemed so disengaged and dismissive during the entire interview. He was acting like it's a farce and he didn't want to be there at all. 

• Love 2
On 6/5/2021 at 3:57 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I will offer this:  Grab a bottle of your favorite libation, favorite chocolate or favorite snack food and take a swig or bite every time you hear the following words:

Flip, houseflip,  flipping, "Take him under my wing', "Show him the ropes" "Family Business", working, any member of the Podhast familes curses or drinks, Yara cries or whines, Angela cackles or smokes, "family is everything" or Mike and OfMike smirk or are rude or condescending to Natalie....you will need to seek help or be a candidate for Dr. Now.  

You're going to kill us all!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2