Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 6/7/2021

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

If she can memorize a script, can't she memorize one or two sentences tops before the camera goes on her ?

She could, but why bother?  She's been abysmal at worst and mediocre at best for how many years now and yet there she sits in the top spot day after day, pay check after pay check.  She just doesn't care. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Agree with Sara and Sunny wholeheartedly about the Chris Harrison situation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Harrison's $25 M payout

What they're completely ignoring about 'The Bachelor' is that Harrison demanded a $25M payout from ABC to leave the show after 20 years, and threatened to spill the beans on what has been going on at the show from the first season. He did get a hefty payout from the show (he was earning $5M per season), but not quite the $25 M he was holding out for. It's been a mess for the past few months, and 'The View' is not talking about this (of course, ABC doesn't want them to on the show).

And Sarah's reasoning why the show should have a female host instead of a male host was mind-boggling at best. (Viewers can't relate to a male host when it comes to dating and relationships? Really ?)  This from the woman who's hosting the rather intellectual game show 'The Chase'.  Ironic, at best. 

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

There’s some doubt about Mara Gay’s story about trump supporters politicizing the flag?  Take a drive around my state and you’ll see it everywhere.

Mara, Whoopi, not Marcia. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Since they're discussing when white people dismiss the conversations of black women and how they feel (Meghan started this in the first segment, and Sunny picked up on it in the second segment) maybe now is the time to talk about Sharon Osbourne dismissing Sheryl Underwood's feelings in March on 'The Talk' which led to Osbourne's firing from the show ? She very publicly told Underwood 'don't pretend to cry' and used other dismissive remarks about her and her feelings on public television. Now is a good time  to remind everyone of this (especially with the similar situation with Harrison on 'The Bachelor').

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

What they're completely ignoring about 'The Bachelor' is that Harrison demanded a $25M payout from ABC to leave the show after 20 years, and threatened to spill the beans on what has been going on at the show from the first season.

There was a TV show called The Unreal which was about a Bachelor type show.  That show portrayed a lot of underhanded devious stuff happening behind the scenes.  I always assumed it was art imitating real life.

1 minute ago, Tammy12 said:

So today Meghan has dated someone of every race,

What is her definition of dating?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

So today Meghan has dated someone of every race, traveled the entire world, and also claimed that only one person on the bachelor has ever been above a size 0. Why do I get the feeling that none of these things are true?

I think you just answered your own question!! 😉😝😂

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

eek.  Braid Monster is back i see.  Sweet segment with MS.  He was fast, in and out.  (pervs lol) Sunny's  segment regarding the flag was very emotional.  It was very touching with a dash of sadness and frustration.  You can just see her mentally thinking 'how many times', 'when will....' stop? change?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tammy12 said:

So today Meghan has dated someone of every race, traveled the entire world, and also claimed that only one person on the bachelor has ever been above a size 0. Why do I get the feeling that none of these things are true?

Oh yea i forgot to add, she had a new one in yesterday's show i believe, it was 'Opinion (something it forgot the second part) it might have been Editorialist.  It was the Opinion part that made me laugh.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting that there's so much focus on "doing the work". Has anyone defined what that means? How would you know when someone has done enough "work" to be allowed back? Is there something they can say or do, and who has to be satisfied with the results? 

In a related note, I appreciated that Joy pointed out that people can learn, because lately it seems that some people are convinced that no one ever evolves or changes, so everything they've ever said or done will condemn them indefinitely. I think we should all keep open minds throughout our lives and continue to learn from each other how to be respectful and kind to each other. Again, though, you can't tell what is in someone's heart, only observe their behavior and hear their words. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

Interesting that there's so much focus on "doing the work". Has anyone defined what that means? How would you know when someone has done enough "work" to be allowed back? Is there something they can say or do, and who has to be satisfied with the results? 

She really needs to stop trying to use metaphors, because no one can understand what the 🤬 she's talking about. I wish I had that screen cap of Whoopi's confused face, because that's us!!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

She could, but why bother?  She's been abysmal at worst and mediocre at best for how many years now and yet there she sits in the top spot day after day, pay check after pay check.  She just doesn't care. 

It shouldn't be that difficult to get the guest's name right, either. Mara, not Marsha Gay!

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm with Joy. I thought the interview Chris did with Rachel Lindsay was very racially insensitive and cringey. I remember my own WTF? reaction watching it. I totally got why there was a backlash and him apologizing and needing to do work.

I don't know about the firing though. I'm more troubled by all the extremely racist news anchors that are supposed to be deep thinkers and sources of knowledge, than the host of the fucking Bachelor. I watch the show sometimes, but I'm sorry, it's like watching Real Housewives. You turn your brain off and snark on the shenanigans. We don't even need someone to give real love advice like Sara suggests. It's a trashy reality show. Vast majority of the contestants sign up just to be on TV. I know The View isn't the serious person's primary source of news, but it is a pretty political show. Meghan's been extremely rude and also racially insensitive many times. At least despite Chris' ignorance, he's generally a nice, pleasant person, unlike Meghan. Why isn't she canceled already? Is she still enjoying her Tucker Carlson, Dave Portnoy, Howard Stern and various other problematic people?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm with Joy. I thought the interview Chris did with Rachel Lindsay was very racially insensitive and cringey. I remember my own WTF? reaction watching it. I totally got why there was a backlash and him apologizing and needing to do work.

I don't know about the firing though. I'm more troubled by all the extremely racist news anchors that are supposed to be deep thinkers and sources of knowledge, than the host of the fucking Bachelor. I watch the show sometimes, but I'm sorry, it's like watching Real Housewives. You turn your brain off and snark on the shenanigans. We don't even need someone to give real love advice like Sara suggests. It's a trashy reality show. Vast majority of the contestants sign up just to be on TV. I know The View isn't the serious person's primary source of news, but it is a pretty political show. Meghan's been extremely rude and also racially insensitive many times. At least despite Chris' ignorance, he's generally a nice, pleasant person, unlike Meghan. Why isn't she canceled already? Is she still enjoying her Tucker Carlson, Dave Portnoy, Howard Stern and various other problematic people?

Did you see his GMA interview with Michael Strahan earlier this year? I think that was the interview that really made some people uncomfortable.

I'm with Ana and Sunny - I hate the term "cancel culture" and am absolutely sick of it. The only time I want to hear the word "cancel" is if a TV show or event is canceled.

Edited by catlover79
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't know about the firing though. I'm more troubled by all the extremely racist news anchors that are supposed to be deep thinkers and sources of knowledge, than the host of the fucking Bachelor.

 

14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know The View isn't the serious person's primary source of news, but it is a pretty political show. Meghan's been extremely rude and also racially insensitive many times. At least despite Chris' ignorance, he's generally a nice, pleasant person, unlike Meghan.

I agree with this.  Chris Harrison being racially insensitive is not on the same level as people with a much bigger platform spewing racial hatred on a daily basis.  Or like Meghan who defends the people who spew racial hatred on a daily basis.

It saddens me but is indicative of the problem we have in this country. Which is reality show  hosts are held to a higher standard than our elected officials.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

Which is reality show  hosts are held to a higher standard than our elected officials.

You just said it all, my friend. 👏👏👏👏👏

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I know she has dyslexia, but I find it very uncomfortable to watch her struggle while she's reading the prompter in front of her, with that befuddled look on her face, and not knowing whether to end the one sentence as a question or a declarative statement.

They absolutely should force her to rehearse, but it is clear that she doesn't. It appears as if she is reading it for the first time. 

So in that case the writers should make simple short sentences. Less chance to muck it up that way. I used to write for people who had never spoken in public before and this is what I did for them. I also rehearsed them, and changed words and phrasing that they had difficulty with. But this is just an internationally viewed TV show where the hosts are paid millions of dollars, so why bother trying to be professional and polished?

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, mongoose said:

It shouldn't be that difficult to get the guest's name right, either. Mara, not Marsha Gay!

Not the same person, Whoopi. 

694BF2C4-ACD8-4DC1-A72B-B47CBEB0E47A.jpeg

ED1FC104-98E4-4052-B172-ECC7D2AB0618.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan says she isn't a fan of the Bachelor. I'm pretty sure she is a fan of the Bachelor. I seem to remember her being all emotional over one of the rose finales a couple years back. Does anyone else remember that?

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan says she isn't a fan of the Bachelor. I'm pretty sure she is a fan of the Bachelor. I seem to remember her being all emotional over one of the rose finales a couple years back. Does anyone else remember that?

I don't remember that, but I have no doubt that she would love that show and then try to deny it. 🙄😝

Edited by catlover79
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

When MeAgain was talking about Bachelor host guy's potential to make a comeback (what a weird topic, who cares?) she cited Nick Cannon having made anti-semitic statements, and that he "did the work" and now has a new show he is hosting. But instead of just saying that, she listed in rapid fire run on sentence mode the specific anti-semitic  things he said, which were pretty awful. I don't know why she does that. I don't think what he said bears repeating, but also the way she cites these things, it's a garbled mess anyways.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

MeAgain:

"If there is one thing we all have learned over the past year and a half and you know in our entire lifetime living in this country and especially since the murder of George is that it's important to listen she is a black woman talking about her experience...."

Which is it MeAgain: the last year and a half or your entire lifetime? It's as if she realizes she is making a stupid or potentially offensive comment and then tries to back her way out of it. This is not the first time that she has stated this year and a half thing. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

MeAgain attacked her own employer when she trashed The Bachelor. and it is getting media coverage.

So of course she re-tweets articles that say she slams ABC! I imagine she will be getting a phone call from the big bosses.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1402656240472408064

Mediaite on Twitter: "Meghan McCain Goes Off on ABC's The Bachelor — ON ABC: Lack of Diversity Makes it 'An Extremely Problematic Show' 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

MeAgain:

"I was actually really happy to hear you Joy say that you are still proudly going to display your flag on the fourth of July because you know the flag means different things to different people and you can love something in the same way that I love my husband I love my friends it doesn't mean that I don't see their flaws. I always think about America that it's the greatest country in the world and if you can find a country that's better, show me, I have travelled the entire world, I can't find any place that I love more than being here....

...In the same way as I am open to hearing and have been open to hearing what the flag means to other people and their experiences I hope that they are equally and this writer can hear what the flag means to my experiences. and my home is covered in them our car has it on them I named my daughter Liberty I think I am very clear on this issue I love this country I am very patriotic and I love waving the American flag and there's no argument for me that's ever going to change my right to do that."

Whoopi: 

"Excellent."

Me:

WTAF is MeAgain talking about?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain attacked her own employer when she trashed The Bachelor. and it is getting media coverage.

She is trying to position herself as an ally of marginalized people and it isn't working. When she was badmouthing the Bachelor she specifically mentioned there were no Asian Americans.  Are these the same Asian Americans she had no problem with Trump demonizing them last year blaming them for the cornonavirus?

2 minutes ago, bannana said:

WTAF is MeAgain talking about?

We all know Meghan is hyper "patriotic". But I agree with Sunny. I am a white woman who lives in a red state and when I see a house or vehicle decked out in multiple flags it makes me feel uneasy.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain attacked her own employer when she trashed The Bachelor. and it is getting media coverage.

So of course she re-tweets articles that say she slams ABC! I imagine she will be getting a phone call from the big bosses.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1402656240472408064

Mediaite on Twitter: "Meghan McCain Goes Off on ABC's The Bachelor — ON ABC: Lack of Diversity Makes it 'An Extremely Problematic Show' 

If others who mentioned contract negotiations for next season going on are right, perhaps this is her way of threatening ABC, lol, as in "This is what I'll do to you in the press if you fire me." But the thing is she regularly smears ABC even while she's been employed. What exactly do they have to lose other than one loudmouth megalomaniac? Her trying to pretend she cares about race issues might be an attempt to repair the Jon Oliver-Asian American controversy, since that happened around the time the ratings started to drop.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, bannana said:

When MeAgain was talking about Bachelor host guy's potential to make a comeback (what a weird topic, who cares?) she cited Nick Cannon having made anti-semitic statements, and that he "did the work" and now has a new show he is hosting. But instead of just saying that, she listed in rapid fire run on sentence mode the specific anti-semitic  things he said, which were pretty awful. I don't know why she does that. I don't think what he said bears repeating, but also the way she cites these things, it's a garbled mess anyways.

She was definitely throwing shade towards Nick.    She also mentioned his show would compete directly with the View.  Surely she's not concerned about that?

The Nick Cannon reference felt weird/out the blue because she spent more time ranting about what he said than tying it to the conversation being had on cancel culture. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bannana said:

MeAgain attacked her own employer when she trashed The Bachelor. and it is getting media coverage.

So of course she re-tweets articles that say she slams ABC! I imagine she will be getting a phone call from the big bosses.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1402656240472408064

Mediaite on Twitter: "Meghan McCain Goes Off on ABC's The Bachelor — ON ABC: Lack of Diversity Makes it 'An Extremely Problematic Show' 

Hey, anything that will give her a timeout and off my TV is fine with me!!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

So today Meghan has dated someone of every race, traveled the entire world, and also claimed that only one person on the bachelor has ever been above a size 0. Why do I get the feeling that none of these things are true?

Traveled the entire world?  I bet she's been a few places, but there's no way Meghan McCain is a world traveler.  

No woman on the bachelor above a size 0 - OK that IS an exaggeration, for sure.  If she said size 8, I'd agree with her.  But not ZERO.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Traveled the entire world?  I bet she's been a few places, but there's no way Meghan McCain is a world traveler. 

Exactly. My grandparents traveled extensively and made it to every continent. If The Princess had done that, she'd be bragging about it until the cows came home. I don't buy it, either. 🙄

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

But the thing is she regularly smears ABC even while she's been employed. What exactly do they have to lose other than one loudmouth megalomaniac? 

I think that's called biting the hand that feeds you. What's her leverage? Chickens coming home to roost, anyone? 🙄

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bannana said:

...In the same way as I am open to hearing and have been open to hearing what the flag means to other people and their experiences I hope that they are equally and this writer can hear what the flag means to my experiences. and my home is covered in them our car has it on them I named my daughter Liberty I think I am very clear on this issue I love this country I am very patriotic and I love waving the American flag and there's no argument for me that's ever going to change my right to do that."

Whoopi: 

"Excellent."

Me:

WTAF is MeAgain talking about?

WOW.  THe way she says nothing is going to change, not her DECISION to  wave the flag, but her RIGHT to do it.  As if there is some political party somewhere that is trying to take that away from her.  

AS far as watching The Bachelor - in one way, it's a fascinating show.  They take one fairly ordinary guy, and a bunch of women who compete for him.  Several of the women are absolutely convinced that they are in LOVE with him, because they had maybe 2 dates with him.  They see him dating, making out with, other women, yet they are convinced of the "connection"  they have.   Like some sort of group hypnosis.  I view it more like some weird sociological experiment. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

 

 Like some sort of group hypnosis.  I view it more like some weird sociological experiment. 

I've long been convinced all reality shows and the people who watch them are part of a sociological experiment. 

32 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Traveled the entire world?  I bet she's been a few places, but there's no way Meghan McCain is a world traveler.  

 

I think she has been to Japan. I think that is why she had masks. Until Dr Fauci made her give them away.   I think she went to Great Britain to pick up some award or something for her dad.  And that's all I got.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Joy looks amazing.

I thought so, too!  I hope she permanently ditches the big glasses.  She looks lovely without them.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, catlover79 said:

wish I had that screen cap of Whoopi's confused face, because that's us!!!!

Ugh, Whoopi has that stupid face throughout the whole show--furrowed brow, crinkled nose, open mouth. It drives me crazy! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain attacked her own employer when she trashed The Bachelor. and it is getting media coverage.

So of course she re-tweets articles that say she slams ABC! I imagine she will be getting a phone call from the big bosses.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1402656240472408064

Mediaite on Twitter: "Meghan McCain Goes Off on ABC's The Bachelor — ON ABC: Lack of Diversity Makes it 'An Extremely Problematic Show' 

I'm totally fine with MM dissing The Bachelor. It is a problematic show and I'm glad she said it. If my employer does something I consider problematic, I will call him out too.

Joy also called them out and she inadvertently insulted Rachel Lindsay who cohosted last week. (I really liked her as a cohost) 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

What is her definition of dating?

A couple of years ago, Joy or Sarah or Sunny said "'dating' doesn't necessarily mean sleeping together" and Meghan jumped in to say yes is does you old fogey! However getting blotto on JD with some guy and having sex doesn't mean you're 'dating', Meggie.    

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

No woman on the bachelor above a size 0 - OK that IS an exaggeration, for sure.  If she said size 8, I'd agree with her.  But not ZERO.  

MeAgain shops in high-end stores, where what is called a "size 0" would be a size 6 or 8 in regular stores.  It allows celebs to brag about being a 00 or 000 or 0000.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Joy also called them out and she inadvertently insulted Rachel Lindsay who cohosted last week. (I really liked her as a cohost) 

I really liked Rachel as a cohost too. I know she took Bachelorette seriously and found her husband. My one criticism of her is she seems to forget what the franchise is about. It's not serious for most people. She is too intelligent for that world. She really would be great on one of the women's talk shows. She's not above discussing pop culture and reality TV, but she can discuss deeper issues too. 

 

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

No woman on the bachelor above a size 0 - OK that IS an exaggeration, for sure.  If she said size 8, I'd agree with her.  But not ZERO.  

Agreed. She exaggerated, but when it comes to size, she really didn't exaggerate much. I haven't seen anyone close to plus size since I've watched the show. I'd say most of the contestants are probably size 0 to size 8. Even the size 8 would be someone who's taller and can still rock a bikini with a flat tummy, no cellulite on the bum, etc. The show is very strict with body types. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, bannana said:

WTAF is MeAgain talking about?

The only thing MeAgain ever talks about -

“Me”    Again

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else get the impression that Joy does not enjoy Michael Strahan?  I don’t really blame her. Michael is the new Ryan Seacrest - over exposed and everywhere one looks. It’s like ABC things he’s the MVP of the network. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was expecting some awkwardness between Sara and Michael, but she seems to genuinely love him.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

For today, I don’t think she was part of the original schedule:

C93C6AB8-F340-4B2E-8536-D2D1C9D834FF.jpeg

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

For the love of all that is good and holy , Joy- please get your pronouns right! 😂😂

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Joy hit the nail on the head: “If you’re anti science, then why are you in the medical field?!” Even MEG agrees with that. I have no pity for people who are refusing to get the vaccine and hospital workers that should know better and are choosing ignorance are beneath contempt. 

Changing the channel before Caitlyn Jenner comes on.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Joy hit the nail on the head: “If you’re anti science, then why are you in the medical field?!” Even MEG agrees with that. I have no pity for people who are refusing to get the vaccine and hospital workers that should know better and are choosing ignorance are beneath contempt. 

Changing the channel before Caitlyn Jenner comes on.

Beware of flying pigs!  MeAgain just agreed with Joy!  Did somebody have a talkin' to?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

No Sunny today?  Oh, there she is.

Any of you all dealing with cicadas?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size