Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: It's All About The Chemistry

ESS
  • Start Topic

(edited)

While Rebel tries to convince a key witness to testify in their case against Stonemore Medical, Lana confronts Grady about someone from his past.

Edited by ESS
(edited)

Wow this show just keeps on getting better and better.

I'm so mad at Grady it's official I literally hate him so much for what he's done to his family especially Rebel. I was really hoping him having a son wasn't true. I felt so bad for Lana being stuck in the middle there wanting to tell Rebel so badly, but not being sure how tell her either and probably wanting her to focus on the case. I was very surprised Lana didn't kill him.

OMG I can't believe the cameras in Rebel's house caught Ziggy & Sean having sex! Oh man and what a way to find out about Grady having a son I felt for Ziggy man that had to be very hard to hear. I'm back to my theory about Ziggy & Sean and Ziggy becoming pregnant with Sean's baby by the finale to me there's been too much foreshadowing on that.

Poor Rebel it broke my heart she was so angry with Grady rightfully so. I was so worried when she fell off that boat like that I thought she was gonna drowned, but thank goodness she knew how to swim. I don't think their marriage is gonna survive this at all I think this is the last straw for Rebel I think she's had enough and I don't blame her. I was so glad she was able to figure out another plan from the whistle blower mess and save the case once again.

It looks Amir is out of the picture and Luke & Cassidy are gonna be involved, but I don't really care for them much.

Nate & Misha still don't like them as a couple there are just there.

Next week...man that promo Rebel in jail? why? heartbreaking how she looks too, from what I saw she's the victim here not Grady and did nothing wrong. I think Grady might be up to something to get back at Rebel.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

Two hour finale next week. Also saw where next week they’re airing a show about the real EB. Mom and daughter both look alike, and very young. 
 I predict Benji will produce 2 experts to refute Rebel’s chemist. The one thing that’s getting a bit old is that all the characters seem to go out of their way to annoy each other, resulting in an overreaction. Yes, Rebel and Grady top the list, but you’d think the others would try to avoid it. 
The short, simple, intro guitar strum has bugged me from the beginning and it finally clicked: Longmire!

• Useful 1

Oh, gee, maybe a witness being shaky at best means the firm should have exhumed the only piece of possible physical evidence.

I've never thought anything one way or the other about Katey Sagal's acting, but Rebel's reaction to the patient explaining why he's taken the buyout, whatever it does or does not mean, was well played.

Ugh, Grady.  Fuck that guy.  He's going to try the "We were on a break" nonsense?

I mean, yeah, most of the personal relationships on this show suck (TV loving drama as it does), but he just serves to make Rebel look stupid for staying with him.  I don't want to watch women look stupid over men.  Lana is the best, especially when it comes to keeping his dumb ass from ruining this case, so I can't completely hate the storyline.  But I can hate him, and I still do.

I also still don't give a shit about Ziggy's relationship with skater dude, but I like her, and that's tough for her to find out her dad is such a jackass. 

The Cassidy/Luke thing remains my least favorite part of the show and something I definitely will not miss.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ESS said:

Wow this show just keeps on getting better and better.

I'm so mad at Grady it's official I literally hate him so much for what he's done to his family especially Rebel. I was really hoping him having a son wasn't true. I felt so bad for Lana being stuck in the middle there wanting to tell Rebel so badly, but not being sure how tell her either and probably wanting her to focus on the case. I was very surprised Lana didn't kill him.

OMG I can't believe the cameras in Rebel's house caught Ziggy & Sean having sex! Oh man and what a way to find out about Grady having a son I felt for Ziggy man that had to be very hard to hear. I'm back to my theory about Ziggy & Sean and Ziggy becoming pregnant with Sean's baby by the finale to me there's been too much foreshadowing on that.

Poor Rebel it broke my heart she was so angry with Grady rightfully so. I was so worried when she fell off that boat like that I thought she was gonna drowned, but thank goodness she knew how to swim. I don't think their marriage is gonna survive this at all I think this is the last straw for Rebel I think she's had enough and I don't blame her. I was so glad she was able to figure out another plan from the whistle blower mess and save the case once again.

It looks Amir is out of the picture and Luke & Cassidy are gonna be involved, but I don't really care for them much.

Nate & Misha still don't like them as a couple there are just there.

Next week...man that promo Rebel in jail? why? heartbreaking how she looks too, from what I saw she's the victim here not Grady and did nothing wrong. I think Grady might be up to something to get back at Rebel.

Ditto every word.

I think having Big Brother inside your home is a slippery slope at best and dangerous at worst.  I wouldn't want cameras in my house or wherever I live.

Agree on both couples:  Meh.

Why was Rebel arrested?  She fell off a boat!  Maybe because she wasn't wearing regulation life jacket?  That's cold and chickenshit if so.  Grady is more than a son of a dick.  I hate him.  I also hate his it's always about the money bullshit.

The good news for Rebel is the ten-year time has passed so their marriage will be adjudicated in court accordingly.  Remember, Shady Grady was planning on filing before the ten-year anniversary so he wouldn't have to pay?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Ditto every word.

I think having Big Brother inside your home is a slippery slope at best and dangerous at worst.  I wouldn't want cameras in my house or wherever I live.

Agree on both couples:  Meh.

Why was Rebel arrested?  She fell off a boat!  Maybe because she wasn't wearing regulation life jacket?  That's cold and chickenshit if so.  Grady is more than a son of a dick.  I hate him.  I also hate his it's always about the money bullshit.

The good news for Rebel is the ten-year time has passed so their marriage will be adjudicated in court accordingly.  Remember, Shady Grady was planning on filing before the ten-year anniversary so he wouldn't have to pay?

So glad you agree with my post.

I was so confused by Rebel being arrested too. I didn't even think about the life jacket, but can you even get arrested for that? that definitely seems such a pathetic and ridiculous thing to get arrested for. I can't see Rebel doing something to Grady in her state she fell off the boat and was in the water and what made me even more angry is Grady just left her there too didn't even check to see if she was okay or not, what a gentleman (being sarcastic) He obviously was able to hear her as she was yelling loud enough...ugh just makes me so angry!! Grady doesn't deserve Rebel at all. I'm just disgusted with Grady and I don't think he was even that drunk he knew what he was dong I'm sure of it. 

To me Rebel is way too good for him too and way too smart, but she is a victim in this mess so is Ziggy so I feel for them so much especially Rebel.  

Yes I agree hopefully now they'll really divorce because they need too.. this is enough! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

No it was the other way around.  .  He was waiting until their 10th anniversary to file because of the prenup.  When everyone found out about the filing, it was a day or two short so Rebel was protected. Many prenups have a sun down clause that if the marriage last there are different terms.  
I hope there was legal separation papers from when they separated because that would protect her also. 
i don’t mind Misha &Nate. I do like that they are going for women empowerment of their sexuality and letting the have sec for sex sake.  

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Aliconehead said:

No it was the other way around.  .  He was waiting until their 10th anniversary to file because of the prenup.  When everyone found out about the filing, it was a day or two short so Rebel was protected. Many prenups have a sun down clause that if the marriage last there are different terms.  
I hope there was legal separation papers from when they separated because that would protect her also. 
i don’t mind Misha &Nate. I do like that they are going for women empowerment of their sexuality and letting the have sec for sex sake.  

Oh. I got it wrong.  I forgot about the prenup.  I don't know if it's now advantageous to Rebel if a prenup expired.  From what we learned in this episode, Shady Grady is pretty much a layabout who tinkers on the occasional car.  But he has a boat?  He pays child support for a son named Grady who doesn't even know he exists?

Legal separation papers are a separate thing, not a pre-divorce kind of document.  He would have had to have had Rebel served with those papers and/or both of them would have to agree to a legal separation in the court filing, so she would know.

(edited)

3 hours ago, ESS said:

So glad you agree with my post.

I was so confused by Rebel being arrested too. I didn't even think about the life jacket, but can you even get arrested for that? that definitely seems such a pathetic and ridiculous thing to get arrested for. I can't see Rebel doing something to Grady in her state she fell off the boat and was in the water and what made me even more angry is Grady just left her there too didn't even check to see if she was okay or not, what a gentleman (being sarcastic) He obviously was able to hear her as she was yelling loud enough...ugh just makes me so angry!! Grady doesn't deserve Rebel at all. I'm just disgusted with Grady and I don't think he was even that drunk he knew what he was dong I'm sure of it. 

To me Rebel is way too good for him too and way too smart, but she is a victim in this mess so is Ziggy so I feel for them so much especially Rebel.  

Yes I agree hopefully now they'll really divorce because they need too.. this is enough! 

I don't know if you can get arrested for not wearing a life jacket, but I feel like if that was the reason, no one would be calling Cruz to get a comment. And in the promo she says her reputation is trashed, which makes no sense. I mean, Rebel has been arrested before for her protests and it helped her reputation. She must have done something after falling off the boat.

2 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I don't think they had a prenup....Rebel said on the show that in California in marriages that last more than ten years, after a divorce the higher earning spouse has to pay alimony forever. I Googled this because it seemed crazy and it is not true in real life. Being married for ten years means different rules apply for the divorce process, which can lead to more alimony getting paid, but it is not automatic for life support.

I can't imagine a court making anyone pay alimony to a person who cheated on them, but I have certainly been surprised by things before.

Edited by KaveDweller

Correct, California is a no fault state.  Spousal support is not forever either, there is a time limit that can be based on the length of the marriage, and the magic 10-year mark comes into play.  If the alimony-receiving spouse gets remarried, the spousal support ends, however child support, if any, continues until the age of majority or whatever the Court ruled.

• Useful 1