Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Reconciliation

Sign me up for The Snarky Fivehead Show. That would be awesome.

The producers are really missing out on a great money maker by making prints of Pauline's "art" available to us faithful Dome-Heads. The one of Drownsie's locker would look great above my fireplace.

• Love 4

Why take it out of her basement and fill all her rooms with the canned food?  Another mystery of the Dome.

I got the impression all the stuff on the front yard was to show her husband was a hoarder.  But I have watched the hoarder shows and he was one neat hoarder.  Usually the yard looks like a junk yard instead of a yard sale. 

And does Norrie ever have anything else on besides her bitch face?  She is beyond annoying to me.

• Love 3

Hang Barbie. Hang Big Jim. Love Barbie. Love Big Jim. Hate Julia. Love Julia. Fickle town. Oh, and Desmond is in the tunnel (hi Losties).

Don't make Desmond suffer anymore.

• Love 1

I got the impression all the stuff on the front yard was to show her husband was a hoarder.  But I have watched the hoarder shows and he was one neat hoarder.  Usually the yard looks like a junk yard instead of a yard sale. 

And does Norrie ever have anything else on besides her bitch face?  She is beyond annoying to me.

Dunno, it's just a forced love triangle.

Barbie: "Where's Sam?"

Julia: "He just left."

Barbie: "???????"

Julia: "We were up all night working."

Is that what kids are calling it these days? Uh-huh.

If survivalist hoarder's magic food supply fit in his basement, then there was no need to move the furniture on the lawn. Now the food is just scattered haphazardly all over the house. And all those home-canned jars - are we to believe a survivalist did that? Yeah, right. Plus, all that nice wood furniture is sitting outside - fresh meat for the next acid rain shower. Ugh, this show.

(edited)

We can expect these "magic solutions" whenever it's convenient.  Plus Big Jim is out of jail in one episode.  Easy peasy solutions to everything.  Next time they run out of food, we'll find out there is a warehouse of supplies on Agatha Island, but bloodthirsty sharks have invaded the waters of the lake and it's impossible to get there unless they utilize Big Jim and Barbie's fighter jet flying skills.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

Under the Dome still has about 6.6 million viewers - why are so many people still watching this dumb show?

Because it's easy to feel superior to the dumb people, like on Wheel of Fortune? To snark at the bad writing ala MST3K? To kill time before the news @11 since there's really nothing on the other channels to appeal to the same viewers? It's not often you see characters to which the phrase "too stupid to live" can be taken literally. Clearly nobody in authority took inventory of what food was available if somebody had to come forward about the stash. And if somebody says something like "the food just got blown up because ...; this never would have happened if Big Jim was in charge", most people would be smart enough to say "hang on a sec; how do you know why the food just blew up?".

• Love 1

Also Big Jim heals fast, those burns on his head/face disappeared, all back to normal, same as Julia's gunshot wound no longer an issue.

Lyle was burned way worse, I can almost bet the next time we see him, his face is going to look normal.

And if somebody says something like "the food just got blown up because ...; this never would have happened if Big Jim was in charge", most people would be smart enough to say "hang on a sec; how do you know why the food just blew up?".

Let alone the fact the that you NEVER put gas-powered (be it propane, gasoline, diesel, etc.) indoors because of not only the explosion hazard but also the risk of carbon-monoxide poisoning.  These Domites really are that stupid.

The producers are really missing out on a great money maker by making prints of Pauline's "art" available to us faithful Dome-Heads.

I would buy the entire collection. I was going to sign a contract with the nearest preschool to have them make reproductions for me.

Fact: Junior is the most experienced law enforcement officer in town.

I thought it was very mature for Junior to not get pissed off when he was passed over for a promotion in favor of a DJ.

I hope this show lasts forever !

• Love 3
(edited)

Next time they run out of food, we'll find out there is a warehouse of supplies on Agatha Island, but bloodthirsty sharks have invaded the waters of the lake and it's impossible to get there unless they utilize Big Jim and Barbie's fighter jet flying skills.

You meant to say it's impossible to get there unless Barbie jumps over the sharks, right?

I can't believe I'm the first to post that, but thanks, fellow Dome snarkers, for saving it for me.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Fact: Junior is the most experienced law enforcement officer in town.

I thought it was very mature for Junior to not get pissed off when he was passed over for a promotion in favor of a DJ.

What happened to the hot officer Carter who was on a couple times last year? I HATED him in the book, but it's not as though he'd be written consistently.  But even so, I'll take the eye candy :)

My laugh out loud moment this episode was when the mob got unruly (before Phil shot an unarmed man) - they were just pushing each other randomly - it looked like a pinball game with people

Clearly, Junior is here to stay.

According to IMDb, the actor who plays him has no other projects lined up, so Junior is most likely here until the end.  The actresses who played Angie and Linda, each have 3 more recent projects on their IMDb pages, which supports my theory that Angie and Linda were killed off because the actresses couldn't commit to a second season, not because of some plot point. 

The inference is that Lyle got the info needed from Pauline's journal that he stole from Sam's cabin and dug the hole behind the locker very recently.  That's why no one saw it before.

I thought that Lyle was the one that took the back off the locker, revealing the tunnel, that had been there for a long time (perhaps this is how Pauline got out of town unnoticed).  It would take months for one man to dig a tunnel that size in real life ....oh wait, I just thought of the gallows...nevermind.  Lyle could easily dig that tunnel in a few hours. 

We can expect these "magic solutions" whenever it's convenient.  Plus Big Jim is out of jail in one episode.  Easy peasy solutions to everything.  Next time they run out of food, we'll find out there is a warehouse of supplies on Agatha Island, but bloodthirsty sharks have invaded the waters of the lake and it's impossible to get there unless they utilize Big Jim and Barbie's fighter jet flying skills.

Or maybe Junior will go wandering through the woods and stumble upon a Costco or a Sam's Club, that everyone didn't know was there.

Why take it out of her basement and fill all her rooms with the canned food?  Another mystery of the Dome.

Perhaps, they didn't want to bother building a set for a basement, so they had to move everything to a set they already had.  Or, the storyline is made up as the go along and the set builders didn't have time to build another basement set - they were too busy building fire buildings (with secret rooms) to blow up and gallows to be taken down an episode later. 

I think everything can be explained with one simple sentence - The writers are lazy -----

Writer A: Hey dude, I just realized we had Phil get shot and Big Jim's in jail - who is going to do Jim's dirty work now?

Writer B: Maybe we shouldn't have Phil get shot?

A: Nah, I already wrote those pages, I don't want to get rid of them, took me almost a half hour.  We have to have Big Jim get out of jail.

B: How?  We can't have  trial, I don't want to have to look up all those legal words.

A: We could have someone break him out.

B: Who?  Phil's been shot.

A: We will just "introduce" a new character that will blow up the jail.

B: I don't know...introducing a new character? That sounds like a lot of writing. 

A: Then, let's just have Julia forgive him and set him free.

B: Sounds good. 

A: Now what are we going to do about the food shortage? I am getting tired of writing about it. 

B: We will just have someone be a hoarder or a survivalist and they will have enough food in their basement for everyone to live for months. 

A: The construction guys are gonna be mad if we make them build another set.

B: We will put the food in the house. 

A: What about the furniture that was in the house?

B: Put it on the lawn. 

A: Why would it be on the lawn?

B: Too make room in the house for the food

A: Oh yeah...

• Love 8

Did they not open that locker before and NOTHING was in there?  Now there's a tunnel?  LOL  Phil the DJ is dead, tons of food in that woman's house, Julia is still alive :-(, Sam is crazy, Lyle is on loose somewhere, Junior is still a moron, Barbie is as gorgeous as ever....Why do I continue to watch?  LOL

According to IMDb, the actor who plays him has no other projects lined up, so Junior is most likely here until the end.  The actresses who played Angie and Linda, each have 3 more recent projects on their IMDb pages, which supports my theory that Angie and Linda were killed off because the actresses couldn't commit to a second season, not because of some plot point.

Aka, they jumped from this disaster to move on to other things.  As for Jr. it really depends, the writers seem to love this character but if he's leaving, then good for the actor.

About other cops/deputies didn't Phil say he had to get pass his deputies to get in to see Big Jim?  What other deputies and where have they been all this time?

Or maybe Junior will go wandering through the woods and stumble upon a Costco or a Sam's Club, that everyone didn't know was there

HA!  Or how about the Mega Walmart no one knows about.

The actresses who played Angie and Linda, each have 3 more recent projects on their IMDb pages, which supports my theory that Angie and Linda were killed off because the actresses couldn't commit to a second season, not because of some plot point.

Replying in speculation thread.

Don't make Desmond suffer anymore.

I would rather be pushing a button on Lost Island that under the dome with these silly, boring characters.

Joe:  Let's check our blood.  (he takes blood from Nor, Mel, and himself and looks at it under a microscope)

Joe:  I don't know what this means. 

Then why did you bother taking the blood?

• Love 3

I would rather be pushing a button on Lost Island that under the dome with these silly, boring characters.

Joe:  Let's check our blood.  (he takes blood from Nor, Mel, and himself and looks at it under a microscope)

Joe:  I don't know what this means. 

Then why did you bother taking the blood?

Exactly, being trapped with these morons is a worse form of torture.

• Love 1

This show is getting on last 'Jericho' nerve. I sit and say - stop acting like soap characters and plant some freakin' beans and squash. You can use non-funtioning cars as drying racks. Someone surely has a bag of dried beans or some seed packets. You live in a freakin' green house.

Keep all the hens and a couple of roosters and hatch eggs if you have to sit on them your stupid selves. Rebecca and Mrs Survival guy should be this show's Jin and Sun. You know, the people who have skills... or at least books.

Either that or kill off the excess people or have them mysteriously escape - trapping only the core group under the dome so we don't have weekly whining about food, politics and sitting around plotting and whining and whining and plotting.

• Love 1

I agree, it's a bad soap opera with moron characters.  Watch Walking Dead if you want to see a show about survival, Under the Dome is just an exercise in stupidity.  And yeah, I'd rather be on stupid Lost island hanging out with Hurley, who's at least funny, than with these boring stiffs under the dome.

• Love 1

I agree, it's a bad soap opera with moron characters.  Watch Walking Dead if you want to see a show about survival, Under the Dome is just an exercise in stupidity.  And yeah, I'd rather be on stupid Lost island hanging out with Hurley, who's at least funny, than with these boring stiffs under the dome.

This show is just full of bland, annoying morons who change to whatever storyline the writers want them too.

This show is just full of bland, annoying morons who change to whatever storyline the writers want them too.

Are you suggesting the writers don't have a long term plan and they're just making it up as they go along? That would mean they never expected to get a second season.

• Love 1

Are you suggesting the writers don't have a long term plan and they're just making it up as they go along? That would mean they never expected to get a second season.

Even the second season seems worse in this regard.  It's a limited premise that they unfortunately keep stretching out because they don't know wth they're doing.

Edited by FAU

I have an idea: If killing the four hands really downs the Dome, why not just flatline them all? "cheat" the Dome thinking they are dead, then revive them later..

That was my first thought too, thanks to Eureka. 

The producers are really missing out on a great money maker by making prints of Pauline's "art" available to us faithful Dome-Heads. The one of Drownsie's locker would look great above my fireplace.

And even better in it!

Did they not open that locker before and NOTHING was in there?  Now there's a tunnel?

And the camera just kept pulling back and back and back! When they catch the tunnel digger they should put him to work plowing the fields for crops. Food problem: solved.

To cut the show some slack on this point, I would say that the tunnel was probably dug back in the 80s, and the diggers simply put the back panel of the locker back in place to cover the entrance.  When they opened the locker the first time, they didn't know there was a tunnel behind the metal panel.

• Love 1

Hmmm... good point.  The locker is so narrow I can't see half the characters even being able to fit into the tunnel.  I'm sure they'll find a way to fit the entire town in there once the next atomic missile is fired at the Dome, though.

• Love 1

To cut the show some slack on this point, I would say that the tunnel was probably dug back in the 80s, and the diggers simply put the back panel of the locker back in place to cover the entrance.  When they opened the locker the first time, they didn't know there was a tunnel behind the metal panel.

Based on Angie's look of incredulity (or whatever) when she looked in the locker, I'm assuming the tunnel door was open at that time.

Yep, the anonymous townspeople are lemmings who don't think for themselves.  Such as....Big Jim, let's support him.  So they do.  Let's hang Barbie.  Yep, they want to.  Hey Big Jim is bad.  Let's put him in jail.   Hey, let's not hang Barbie.  They agree.  Let's fight over the food.  They do.  Hey, let's share the food.  They do.  Hey, let's come together.  They do.  Hey, let's riot.  They do.   

But, it's hardly different than the main characters.  How many of them have took turns playing the face and then heel?  There are more turns under the dome than there are in a WWE wrestling ring.

Edited by Jordan27
  • Love 1

Yep, the anonymous townspeople are lemmings who don't think for themselves.  Such as....Big Jim, let's support him.  So they do.  Let's hang Barbie.  Yep, they want to.  Hey Big Jim is bad.  Let's put him in jail.   Hey, let's not hang Barbie.  They agree.  Let's fight over the food.  They do.  Hey, let's share the food.  They do.  Hey, let's come together.  They do.  Hey, let's riot.  They do.   

But, it's hardly different than the main characters.  How many of them have took turns playing the face and then heel?  There are more turns under the dome than there are in a WWE wrestling ring.

They're all so interchangeable.

• Love 1

How can you have  a tunnel extending into anything there? Nobody builds a building right up against a cliff or mound of earth, so a hole would just take you outside. And that's assuming the locker isn't on an interior wall (as practically all are), in which case you should be seeing a classroom or office instead of a tunnel.

• Love 1
How can you have  a tunnel extending into anything there? Nobody builds a building right up against a cliff or mound of earth, so a hole would just take you outside. And that's assuming the locker isn't on an interior wall (as practically all are), in which case you should be seeing a classroom or office instead of a tunnel.

It's almost like they built the school around the tunnel entrance, which makes no sense at all.  Plus, most schools have basements or at least foundations to build on --  the tunnel would have been discovered and filled in during construction.

Screw it -- it's the Dome !!  Nothing else makes sense.

It's almost like they built the school around the tunnel entrance, which makes no sense at all.  Plus, most schools have basements or at least foundations to build on --  the tunnel would have been discovered and filled in during construction.

Screw it -- it's the Dome !!  Nothing else makes sense.

The dome probably created those large plot holes or some bs like that.

I'm late because I just DVRed all this and finally took the time to catch up.  (Which doesn't take long, BTW.  The show's pattern once they get into the "meat" of each episode is six minutes of show, then four minutes of commercials. Makes the hour fly by). But in this episode right near the beginning, Barbie is sitting with the Scooby-Doo gang and they ask where Junior is.  Barbie says he and Junior were out all night looking for Lyle.  What? When? Junior was with Lyle at the cabin, then with Uncle.  Did the writers abandon the plotline Barbie referred to, and then forget to go back and edit out that line?