Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Reconciliation

Julia takes over as the new leader of Chester's Mill, after the town becomes divided over Big Jim and Rebecca's population-control plan. Meanwhile, Joe and Norrie help Melanie search for clues about her identity at the dome wall.
(edited)

Unruly lynch mob type of behavior is brewing in the diner -- people are still siding with Big Jim.  How ?  Why ?

Super-religious woman and sycophant of Big Jim, Andrea, is now running the diner -- and, surprise, she is running the diner from a secret stash of food in the basement of the Sweetbriar Rose that Angie "told her" about (despite the fact that they have never shown her interacting with Angie about the finer points of diner mgmt.). Only not so much.  Turns out her husband was a survivalist with a literal house full of food.  And with all that food, it's an all-you-can-eat buffet at the Sweetbriar Rose (this show is SOOO stupid, do they not realize that they can extend the food supply by rationing).

Lyle is still on the loose -- maybe he is hiding somewhere on one of at least 7 farms under the dome. Or maybe not.

Fivehead's Mom # 2 is back -- and will be working as a lawyer for the defense in the trial of Rebecca and Big Jim.  Under the tyranny of Big Jim -- straight to the gallows.  Under Julia's leadership, a public trial followed by reaching the "right verdict".  At least the illusion of a fair trial anyway.

Big Jim -- "we were just trying to keep everyone from starving to death".  Not quite "everyone", though -- not the people they were planning to murder with the virus.

How did the entire town find out about the town meeting ?  Flyers, radio, tv, Internet -- none of which are working, yet a lot of people showed up.

The entire town decides to turn into a wrestling match at the town meeting for no apparent reason (other than shitty plot development), pushing and shoving, all so Sheriff DJ Phil can gun down one attendee with a gun (Wendell) after Barbie had disarmed him at point blank range.  Shot to the heart and you're to blame Sheriff DJ Phil -- hope the guilt doesn't eat you up inside.  And why does the redshirt from the diner (named Greg) think Julia should be on trial -- she didn't try to kill anyone ?

Julia discovers that Barbie was telling the truth about spying on Big Jim's plan and just pretending to be on his side of the population reduction plan.  Thanks Rebecca.  And then Sheriff DJ Phil quits because Barbie and Julia are drunk with power -- where they hell is that coming from ?  Drunk with power, Is he high ?  I guess this make Junior the new town sheriff.

DJ Phil turns in his badge and gun, but no one thinks to keep him out of the building after he leaves (that's right, aside from Junior there are no other cops left).

Sam puts the missing pages of Pauline's journal under the cushion of the barber chair in Lyle's shop -- and then "finds' it for Junior.  This is so bad, but then Junior is pretty stupid having fallen for Lyle's "hey, what's that loud noise" nonsense last episode.

According to Pauline's prophecies (according to Sam at least), if the 4 hands are no longer around, the dome would come down.  What will this mean for the Scooby Doo gang ?

After only 2 or 3 days on the job, Big Jim calls DJ Phil "the best sheriff this town's ever had".  Hah !!!  Big Jim is one sweet-talking MFer.

Joe calls Fivehead "a real bitch" with regards to her treatment of Drownsie -- I guess it's over, twu luv just doesn't last anymore.  And that's followed up with Joe and Drownsie kissing, right before a short-lived catfight between Joe and Fivehead.  And then when Joe tries to patch things up at the diner, Fivehead doesn't fall for the "I kissed her, but I love you" line.  And for some reason, Joe comes up with some theory about differences in Melanie's blood that will be the clue to the dome -- and they need Rebecca to help.

Sam dives back onto the wagon (or is that off the wagon ?) with Junior while sharing a bottle of vodka.  And then Sam decides that maybe he will kill Junior, but chickens out when Junior wakes up.

How stupid are these people -- they are running a propane generator indoors ?  Have they never heard of carbon monoxide poisoning before ? Or the explosive properties of propane ? They really are too stupid to live sometimes.

Barbie finds the foodstuffs missing from several boxes in the storage room seconds before the explosion.  And what food was there is now burnt up -- no one tries to save the food since there is no fire dept. in town to put out the fire.

Some idiot redshirt bitches that "the last of my food was in there, what's my family supposed to eat tonight" -- did she not get the whole concept of the food drive as explained by Julia before ?  That it was voluntary and any EXTRA food they had would be shared with the town.  No one put a gun to this ladies head to put all her food in there -- to reiterate, what an idiot !!

How did DJ Phil know that the wiring was frayed on the propane-powered generator that never should have been inside a building in the first place ?  Unless he rigged it to blow.  Which he probably did.

Who put out the fire ?  Sure it was located at the firehall, but all the firetrucks are outside the dome.  And there's no water pressure in the hydrants.

Who writes this shitty dialogue -- DJ Phil to Julia: "This is not over".  Why would DJ Phil have such a grudge to bear against Julia after his extremely short career as sheriff ?

DJ Phil and his henchmen (where did these redshirt henchmen come from) stole all the food and hid it in the super secret compartment that was also in the firehall (What if the fire had consumed the entire building instead of putting itself out ?). And then DJ Phil assaulted and captured Fivehead's Mom #2 to hide the secret. And then beat up Barbie, destroying even more food in the process while DJ Phil took Fivehead's Mom # 2 hostage.

DJ Phil is just the worst hostage taker -- Fivehead's Mom # 2 simply drops out of the way and Barbie shoots DJ Phil in the right shoulder.   DJ Phil was already shot once in the shootout at Ollie's farm. 

Julia decides to forgive and forget Rebecca and Big Jim, and releases them outright -- give me a break.  You just know that Big Jim can't diverge from his evil ways.

And lo and behold, Junior, Sam and Rebecca discover THE TUNNEL behind the Drownsie's locker that Lyle apparently escaped into.  Wouldn't it be cool if it was 'The Time Tunnel' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Tunnel) ?

Fun Fact: Drownsie's locker number is 1821. Really ?  Would a town this small have over 1800 lockers in a high school ?  Even if they started the numbering at 1000, would a town this small even have over 800 lockers in a high school ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well, this was a bit better than the last episode, at least slightly.

However, this show doesn't think much about women, does it?

And why isn't Barbie the one in charge, rather than slimy Big Jim and dumb Julia?  People of Chester's Mill should be singing his praises and giving him one dozen roses. 

Also, surprised that Andrea was this episode's MVP.  Good of her!

Do Big Jim's goons just lay low and wait for orders rather than making active attempts to spring him?

Asshole Phil got shot!  Yay!

Don't care about The Dome Teens, though bitchy Norrie is a hoot.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1

That was a nice banner someone made to hang outside on the building to let everyone know where to bring the food.

Seriously. I caught that and thought, Oh, so glad you had time to do that. Because no one would figure out where to go in THIS CONTAINED SPACE...

• Love 4

Man, what in the hell does Big Jim have, where he played a part in almost killing a good portion of the town, and yet half of them still are "Team Big Jim!"  Well, I guess it's because the other choices suck too, but everyone seemed to forgive him, with ease.  But the most impressive thing was the way Sheriff DJ Phil fell under his spell.  So, that's what the big plan for his character was!  Have him be another Jim foot solider!  Brilliant show.  Almost all of his scenes were laughable.  He wasn't threatening at all.  Like he was ever going to take out Barbie.

Ha, I did love how Mrs. "Lets just thin out the heard.  Aren't I a cold hard badass?!" Rebecca completely fell apart, after spending time with one mere dead body.  Not so tough are we, Rebecca?  But, now it looks like she's down with Team Julia.  I'm starting to think Rebecca is just one of those people who will stick with whoever is in charge.  If something happen where, say, even freaking Joe got to be the Big Boss, she'd probably be all "Joe is the man!  The leader we need!!"

Aisha Hinds' lives!!

Joe is such a dumbass.  Of course, he would think that he could make-out with Melanie, and Norrie would forgive him just because he says he "loves her."  I don't even care about Norrie, but I'm glad she saw through that crap.  My favorite scene with those three was when Norrie weakly shoved Melanie, but Melanie and Joe had these horrified expressions on their face, like Norrie just murdered someone.

So, it really looks like Sam was Angie's killer.  Of course, he wouldn't go through with killing Junior.  Clearly, Junior is here to stay.  But, now, those two and Rebecca have found a tunnel in that locker?  Sure, lets see where this goes.  Out of the Dome?  Wonderland?  Hell?

Andrea returns to take care of the food shortage problem.  Should have figured that would be miraculously solved.

• Love 3
(edited)

Is this how Ben (Joe's friend) and Truman the Dog escaped? They were messing around the school, bored, and checked to see if they could open lockers. 1821 just sorta opened and Ben and Truman found a wormhole? (Because you know our group isn't going to be that lucky.)

As for DJ Phil the ex-Sheriff? I was afraid we were going to lose him and Carolyn in one fell swoop.  I am glad Aisha Hinds' Carolyn did not die in such a tired, tropey way. I was glad that her skills as a lawyer, and a defense lawyer at that, were touched on.  It is a shame that Phil had nothing to touch on other than his DJ-ness, apparently. I would think he could handle some jerry-rigging of electronics and such due to the DJing. Working electronics shouldn't matter because when the electricity works, so can he. Unless his arms are useless from getting shot in the shoulder(s) twice in three-ish weeks.

I also liked that Andrea answered our repeated questions about folks canning. That she was generous with her food, in the long run, was a nice note. (Not thrilled, but understood about  looting fears; look what happened at the food drive.) 

I knew we wouldn't actually lose Junior tonight, but sort of hoped. Seeing Rachelle Lafevre on ads for David Letterman got me hoping that she'd die and move on to a better project.

Hey, Joe? That's twice you've called Norrie, your supposed lady love, a bitch. There's being "real" and then there's being a horse's ass.  You have fallen into the latter for being unable to come up with a better way to explain your displeasure. You're supposed to be smart, act like it.  You too, Writers.

I just...Angie died because...Tunnel? *sighs*

edited to add: No, it's not a fact that skateboarding pal Ben and Truman the Dog are outside, but I kind of hope so.

Edited by Actionmage

The wrapped things up espescially neatly this episode.  They managed to solve the food shortage and get Big Jim out of jail in like five minutes.

I love that Joe just jumped right to needing the mad scientist, instead of trying looking some stuff up in a book or something.  I'm glad that Norrie decided that she's tired of dealing with him.  I had a theory that they were being influenced by the dome for one of them to kill each other, but I think that's far fetched even for this show.

Poor DJ Phil.  I remember when he deserved better.

• Love 1
As for DJ Phil the ex-Sheriff? I was afraid we were going to lose him and Carolyn in one fell swoop.  I am glad Aisha Hinds' Carolyn did not die in such a tired, tropey way. I was glad that her skills as a lawyer, and a defense lawyer at that, were touched on.  It is a shame that Phil had nothing to touch on other than his DJ-ness, apparently. I would think he could handle some jerry-rigging of electronics and such due to the DJing. Working electronics shouldn't matter because when the electricity works, so can he. Unless his arms are useless from getting shot in the shoulder(s) twice in three-ish weeks.

I also liked that Andrea answered our repeated questions about folks canning. That she was generous with her food, in the long run, was a nice note. (Not thrilled, but understood about  looting fears; look what happened at the food drive.) 

Hey, Joe? That's twice you've called Norrie, your supposed lady love, a bitch. There's being "real" and then there's being a horse's ass.  You have fallen into the latter for being unable to come up with a better way to explain your displeasure. You're supposed to be smart, act like it.  You too, Writers.

Last season I thought they were going somewhere with DJ Phil and especially Dodee actually showing that some of the townspeople can be intelligent, working their communications system and using it to try to find out something that might help them.  But Dodee got killed off and DJ Phil spiraled into...whatever he was this episode.  Ugh.  Too bad.  Silly me had hopes last season that not everyone in town would be a complete dolt.

I think Andrea was being pretty generous.  Her fears about having the supplies stolen are completely valid, given what we've seen of this town's idiotic populace, and she was trying to share without tipping off any troublemakers.  She wasn't being totally selfish and just hoarding it all for herself.  Still, if she was going around telling people that Angie had a secret store of food under the diner, I'm not sure why thugs didn't break in there.

Totally agree with you about what Joe said.

I love that Joe just jumped right to needing the mad scientist, instead of trying looking some stuff up in a book or something.  I'm glad that Norrie decided that she's tired of dealing with him.  I had a theory that they were being influenced by the dome for one of them to kill each other, but I think that's far fetched even for this show.

I was sort of wondering about that, too, that maybe the dome is making people extra testy.  Maybe it's ticked off that one of the four hands got killed.

Junior is too stupid to live.  How many tricks can he fall for?

"Pauline's" paintings are atrocious, but I did think the one of Junior with his parents that they showed tonight did somehow render the shape of Big Jim's head fairly accurately.  What was with Big Jim's red eyes tonight?

I'm dumbfounded that anyone would ask Rebecca for her scientific opinion about anything, considering that she had no idea swine flu could kill even young, strong,healthy adults.

Junior thinks he's the fourth hand...is he?  I can't remember.  I thought he was replaced by Julia.  If that's true, and if it's true the Four hands need to be dead for the Dome to come down, then it would have been useless for Sam to kill Junior. 

Junior thinks he's the fourth hand...is he?  I can't remember.  I thought he was replaced by Julia.  If that's true, and if it's true the Four hands need to be dead for the Dome to come down, then it would have been useless for Sam to kill Junior.

The four hands from last season were: Angie, Joe, Norrie and Junior.  That opened the mini-dome, released the monarch butterfly which then flitted around and finally landed on Julia.  Then they had a lovely chat with a dome avatar of Norrie's dead Mom # 1 in the woods, Julia took the egg and dropped it in the lake.

The four hands from last season were: Angie, Joe, Norrie and Junior.  That opened the mini-dome, released the monarch butterfly which then flitted around and finally landed on Julia.  Then they had a lovely chat with a dome avatar of Norrie's dead Mom # 1 in the woods, Julia took the egg and dropped it in the lake.

And almost every single thing you just wrote has apparently been forgotten.  GOD, I LOVE THIS SHOW!

• Love 4

Joe is such a dumbass.  Of course, he would think that he could make-out with Melanie, and Norrie would forgive him just because he says he "loves her."  I don't even care about Norrie, but I'm glad she saw through that crap

Maybe the writers were rewarding the Norrie actress for actually, you know, acting, unlike pretty Joe and Drownsie. And Norrie actress deserves to have her character exist apart from Joe after suffering through 2 seasons of bad hair styling.

DJ Phil probably has a case if he wants to sue for character assassination.

The only way out of this Choose Your Own Adventure plot show is if it's all a dream.

Didn't Alice in Wonderland wake up after she went down the rabbit hole?

I am sad about what they (the writers) did to Phil. I remember him and Dodee comforting each other when they went below ground in the cement factory before the bombs hit. He was awesome then. 

You remember. A little less than two weeks ago...

• Love 5

CATFIIIIIGHT!!!  My favorite scene was when the DomeKids took blood samples and then Joe puts them on a microscope slide and says, "I'm in over my head here."  As in, "This is what they do on CSI.  What happens next?

Julia took the egg and dropped it in the lake

Aha.  So that's why Melanie came up out of the lake, maybe.  I forgot all about that.

You would think that at least someone associated with the food drive might have noticed the frayed cords.  These are rural people, used to DIY and make-do.  Or that would be the case in the real world, anyway.  And, somehow, DJ Phil and his cohort managed to empty a boatload of boxes, transfer the food to another room, and lock the room, all without anyone noticing anything amiss. 

Andrea is being generous, but from the looks of her house, she's feeding the crowd on canned peaches and oatmeal.

• Love 3

Didn't Alice in Wonderland wake up after she went down the rabbit hole?

Actually, and I sorry if I'm being anal, she woke up after she called out the Queen of Hearts and her two dimensional Court of Cards on their farce of trial against the Knave of Hearts and then flat she said that they're nothing but a pack of cards.

Angry, the card people all fly up in Alice's face but she tries to fight them off.  This forces her to wake up and she finds that she was asleep in her big sister's lap the whole time.

In summation, Alice needs to be on this show yesterday!  If anyone can call out flat ass characters on their nonsensical bullshit and point out the contradictions they say, it's her. 

• Love 1

The acting on this show is middle school level bad. I just hope that Dean Norris' career doesn't get sidetracked by being associated with this crap.

When Fivehead and Drownsie were cat fighting and Joe said "Stop! I have an idea." I thought he was going to suggest that they continue the festivities in a vat of jello. Where in the name of a Stephen King did he come up with the idea of comparing their blood? What the what? And what high school lab would have the kind of equipment able to make that kind of an analysis?

I though Fivehead's Mom #2 was a goner. We all know what happens to people of color on this show. I miss Ghost Dodee.

What happened to newly contrite Big Jim who was going to change his evil ways? According to the timeline on this show, that would have been day before yesterday.

Where are these newly vocal townsfolk coming from anyway? Couldn't they at least use one of the extras that may have been milling about in previous episodes instead of coming up with completely new characters? It must be union rules or something.

I was also impressed by the "Voluntary Food Drive" banner. I didn't notice that the town had a Kinko's.

Andrea's basement must have been designed by Dante, with seven levels. How else would she have enough food to feed these dopes for a couple of months? And just because they found some food doesn't mean that they all have to gorge themselves like they're in some eating competition. Nice to see that Julia was able to keep the Prius gassed up when she went to Andrea's compound. Who knew that hoarders would be the salvation of us all?

I swear that everyone in town has had a look in that stupid locker, yet not once was this tunnel discovered. Way to take this show literally in another direction writers!

• Love 3

I was only half watching so can someone answer this:  Did Phil die?

I really feel bad for Poor Phil.  He gets shot EVERY season.  And I think it was in the same shoulder, right?  That man can't get a break.

And since I'm commenting on this pile of crap show (that I tried to break up with but now I'm like "oh, I just wanted to see if you're ok" and driving by its house all quasi-stalkeresque) could that fight scene (toward the end) have been any WORSE?  Honestly, it was more blatantly choreographed than So You Think You Can Dance.

WAIT!  I think I have a great crossover idea.  So You Think You Can Dance Under the Dome.  I'd watch the hell out of that, especially if the judges from SYTYCD could critique the folks of Chesters Mills.  Yes, this needs to happen.  I want Mary Murphy screeching about how Julia's hair should be on the hot tamale train.

• Love 4
(edited)
I really feel bad for Poor Phil.  He gets shot EVERY season.  And I think it was in the same shoulder, right?  That man can't get a break.

Last season (about a week ago in show time) he was shot in the left shoulder, but fully recovered in days and went on to a successful, yet short-lived, career in law enforcement.

I swear that everyone in town has had a look in that stupid locker, yet not once was this tunnel discovered. Way to take this show literally in another direction writers!

The inference is that Lyle got the info needed from Pauline's journal that he stole from Sam's cabin and dug the hole behind the locker very recently.  That's why no one saw it before.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

So we get Phil turning into some evil maniacal villain for no good reason at all, Julia getting credit for not actually doing anything least of all being an actual leader (Barbie stopped Phil, 5-Head's mom discovered what Phil did, the church lady saved the day with the convenient food storage), the stupid love triangle with Joe, 5 Head, and the undead dome girl, oh and more Jr family bs.

• Love 1

I have an idea: If killing the four hands really downs the Dome, why not just flatline them all? "cheat" the Dome thinking they are dead, then revive them later.. Sam still needs to kill his nephew, maybe he'll have someone else do it, like vanished!Lyle.

If there's a giant spider down there in the tunnel I swear.....

• Love 4
Asshole Phil got shot!  Yay!

I think he got off way too easy. When it started, I was thinking, "hHw stupid are you to start a fight with a bald-headed Black lesbian?" If it weren't for his henchman in the shadows, she would have kicked his ass. BAD. Which I was cheering for.

• Love 3

Personally, this show has flipped from science (kind of) fiction to a truly hilarious unintentional comedy. Watching Dean Norris make mustache twirling "I'll work with you Julia (until I can stab you in the back.)" eyerolls, the most inept Scooby gang ever and DJ Sheriff Phil (or is that Sheriff DJ Phil) get shot after trying to be a badass  were all moments that had me howling with laughter.

• Love 2
(edited)
Personally, this show has flipped from science (kind of) fiction to a truly hilarious unintentional comedy. Watching Dean Norris make mustache twirling "I'll work with you Julia (until I can stab you in the back.)" eyerolls, the most inept Scooby gang ever and DJ Sheriff Phil (or is that Sheriff DJ Phil) get shot after trying to be a badass  were all moments that had me howling with laughter.

That's so very true.  Look at how short the time frame of the show has taken place (not even 3 weeks in show time) and all the crazy shit that has happened.  Including life-threatening injuries just seem get completely ignored -- when it would normally take weeks to recover from some of these injuries (especially the gunshot wounds).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I wonder what DJ Phil was thinking with his plan, that people would believe him that food magically appeared in the next room that he had the key to? mmm not well thought... he deserved that other bullet, next time he should get one on the middle..

I'm worried for Carolyn. It seems the (few) people of color on this show all morph into unquestioning, mindless lackeys of Big Jim without warning and regardless of prior feelings towards him. First Linda, then Phil...

I think this episode was really interesting because it showed us that Sam is probably the one who killed Angie. Although there is something that I can't understand : why  would Sam kill Angie in such a violent way, when he's not even able to kill his nephew with a pillow? it doesn't make any sense. Even if he really cared about his nephew, a guy like that doesn't have a conscience... So I don't buy it. Besides, why would he show Junior the tunnel if he already knew about it ? 

So, on one hand, Sam's behavior makes us believe that he's the killer, but on the other hand, his acts show that he did not kill Angie. 

What do you guys think?

• Love 1

I'm worried for Carolyn. It seems the (few) people of color on this show all morph into unquestioning, mindless lackeys of Big Jim without warning and regardless of prior feelings towards him. First Linda, then Phil...

...then Rebecca...

.... then Greg -- also a Big Jim lackey who was arguing on Big Jim's behalf in the diner (against Wendell) and then was yelling at Julia at the town meeting, and was once again all full of bluster at the diner at the end asking 'what about Big Jim ?', before the big act of forgiveness by Julia..

Here's something I found curious -- when Rebecca is in the lab at the high school working on the microscopes, the camera shows a lot of things appropriate for a science lab.  There's the microscopes, the scale model windmill prototype (for the windmills that will never be built since they have so much power available), a globe, a chemical locker, a poster of a human brain -- but there is also a band saw in the foreground and snack vending machine in the background of the shot, both of which seemed out of place for a science lab.  I think someone needs to have a talk with the set decorator because I very much doubt that the woodworking shop and the teacher's lounge would also be in the same room as the science lab.

(edited)

Under the Dome still has about 6.6 million viewers - why are so many people still watching this dumb show?  Oh wait - I'm still watching this dumb show.  

WTF?!  Big Jim and Rebecca planned to kill off a significant portion of the population, but now all is forgiven?  Self-righteous Julia is now running this town?  Rebecca, a high school science teacher, is an expert in all things scientific?  All of Chester Mills' people can fit into that little diner?  Why, oh why am I still watching?  I must be influenced by the Dome.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Did I miss the part where a town reporter can become the ruler of Dumb town ? because that felt really random. She arrested him (somehow) yesterday show time and now is their ruler. Is this a tie in with that whole Monarch butterfly plot line that never went anywhere ? 

Also why did DJ Phil give up being the Sheriff simply because Barbie walked in? Wasn't the town trying to kill Barbie a week ago ?

Why am I still watching this show is probably the most important question ?

If it weren't for his henchman in the shadows, she would have kicked his ass. BAD

Again, a victim of tv reality.  "I'll just grab this woman around the neck, and slowly suffocate her, just like all bad guys, and then...hey, what the f---, OW!  DAMN! OOF! HELP, henchmen, HELP!"

• Love 1

I will second the Norrie divorce!  Just because she's a prickly, quick-tempered city gal doesn't mean she's automatically wrong. *g* I want Norrie and Carolyn to find who/what put the Dome down and get one, good, solid punch each to those responsible. Not that the "Millers" haven't suffered, but they have no ties to this town, their reception by locals has been iffy, and they've had to table their grieving of Alice because others' think it's time for them to move on. (Granted, for the last, it's the writers, but it's essentially the same.)

I hesitate having Norrie rove in a town hostile to females (in general) and redheads and outsiders. Julia has Barbie and (supposedly) The Dome. Norrie really only has Carolyn, since Joe has discovered hormones. I like the idea of Norrie as Knowledge Clearinghouse,though. the natural snark Norrie has would shine!

Did I miss the part where a town reporter can become the ruler of Dumb town ? because that felt really random. She arrested him (somehow) yesterday show time and now is their ruler. Is this a tie in with that whole Monarch butterfly plot line that never went anywhere ? 

Also why did DJ Phil give up being the Sheriff simply because Barbie walked in? Wasn't the town trying to kill Barbie a week ago ?

Why am I still watching this show is probably the most important question ?

Because the dome chose her or some bs because she sucks at it, she got credited for doing nothing.

The inference is that Lyle got the info needed from Pauline's journal that he stole from Sam's cabin and dug the hole behind the locker very recently.  That's why no one saw it before.

So, Lyle's a gopher?
  • Love 1

The line of the night goes to Junior "My mom painted this when I was in second grade".

Are you sure she didn't mean when SHE was in second grade Junior ?

I think Angie was killed just so they could start up a teen traingle and still have a possible 4th hand.

2 words for me "Rachelle Lefevre" I'm a sucker for redheads..

I couldn't agree more, I'm also a sucker for Pauline's "art".

• Love 3

I kinda love snarky Norrie. I feel bad that she is mocked as Fivehead because, really, what is she supposed to do about it? She's one of the few characters who says sensible things.

Did the woman with the massive food supply from her survivalist husband have all her furniture on the front lawn, or did I dream that? If she did, then why?

• Love 1

Oh boy, why watch a sitcom when you could watch this show.  This episode was full of hearty laughs.

Did I miss something?  When did the town put Julia "in charge"?  

The random townspeople are so annoying I think Julia and Barbie should have faked their deaths in the explosion and hide in a bunker to avoid having to rule over these idiots.  Julia's all "I can't seem to please more than half the town at a time."  Sorry, only Big Jim has the charisma to command the entire mob.  LOL at how she almost dies in an explosion and a minute later, they're at her for destroying their food and proclaiming Big Jim would never have let that happen.  Yeah, because he would have killed everyone so he can have the food for himself.

So two episodes ago, RoboAngela was pledging her devotion to Big Jim and now she trusts Julia.  Oh whatever... So is the food problem supposed to be solved now?  Her cellar is the size of fifteen football stadiums?

The food drive reminded me of the black market salt trade that Maxine had going on.  

So Other Mom is Jim and Rebecca's lawyer.  And the prosecution doesn't need anyone?  I was curious how they were going to come up with a jury but they didn't even go there since The Monarch proclaimed Big Jim free.  What an uplifting speech.  Attempted murder is "not unforgivable.  We can stay angry or we can rise above!"  I'm not sure anyone can "rise above" a psycho killer on the loose.

Joe should patent his confounded expression... it really helps the delivery of those clunkers.  That love triangle played like a middle school drama production.  

Big Jim is such a big baby.  He was so petulant when he was all "It's ALL you fault" to Rebecca in the prison.  

I can't believe I used to like Phil.  The actor is playing the role like some robot now.  Not sure if he understands the concept of "drunk with power".

How was Big Jim's plan supposed to work?  He tells Barbie and Julia that Phil set the explosion and then what? He didn't even prevent the explosion.  How does that win hearts and minds?  The only reason he's free is because Julia set him free for no good reason.

It looked like Rebecca was rubbing the gunshot wound when she proclaimed that guy dead?  First time I've seen that technique.

According to Junior, losing his mom was "the worst thing EVER".  Where did he get his Valley girl speak?  He's really as dumb as a rock.  Last week, he was tricked by Lyle.  This time, he let his uncle get him drunk and revealed the identities of the other three hands.  I almost wanted to see Sam try to smother him with a pillow.  Junior would probably have believed dear uncle was trying to help him sleep better.

• Love 1

Why take it out of her basement and fill all her rooms with the canned food?  Another mystery of the Dome.

For the forced reveal/taking a hostage nonsense.