Type keyword(s) to search

Ragnarok - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't understand why Loki is so eager to help the people that tried to kill him in the first place.  He honestly believed that his father was trying to "train" him with the ax??

The Midgard Serpent was really bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On season 3, ep 4, and I don’t understand the rules around the hammer. It’s Magne’s only power? And anyone can carry it around? But only Magne can wield it? Can’t the Giants just hide it?

I've rarely seen such an abysmal ending. It was such a blatant cop-out that I can't even begin. Sure, it was a very convenient way to deal with all the inconsistencies and gaping plotholes that they never ever bothered trying to fill in - like, what the HELL was Saxa's business from the season 2 ending on? Nothing she ever did made any sense. Such a disservice to her character who was a total badass and deserved so much more. 

But hey, none of it really matters in the end because none of it actually happened! It was all in Magne's head! Jesus Christ. Not only there wasn't even the slightest hint that this was all about his mental illness, on the contrary, the show repeteadly went out of its way to show that Magne is indeed SANE. 

And now they turned it all upside down because they obviously didn't know how to end the story. To say that I'm disappointed and that it's completely ruined the show for me would be the mother of all understatements. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Joana said:

I've rarely seen such an abysmal ending. It was such a blatant cop-out that I can't even begin. Sure, it was a very convenient way to deal with all the inconsistencies and gaping plotholes that they never ever bothered trying to fill in - like, what the HELL was Saxa's business from the season 2 ending on? Nothing she ever did made any sense. Such a disservice to her character who was a total badass and deserved so much more. 

But hey, none of it really matters in the end because none of it actually happened! It was all in Magne's head! Jesus Christ. Not only there wasn't even the slightest hint that this was all about his mental illness, on the contrary, the show repeteadly went out of its way to show that Magne is indeed SANE. 

And now they turned it all upside down because they obviously didn't know how to end the story. To say that I'm disappointed and that it's completely ruined the show for me would be the mother of all understatements. 

I just finished season 3 and yes, a terrible disappointment.

• Like 2

What started as a brilliant little series shat the bed in the most colossally spectacular fashion imaginable. I can't say I'm surprised, however. There are very few hit series that ever stick the landing (I'm looking at you, Game of Thrones, specifically and also Marcella), but hot damn, this one outdid them all. 

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Like 1
On 10/2/2023 at 11:40 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

What started as a brilliant little series shat the bed in the most colossally spectacular fashion imaginable.

I haven't reached the end yet (just watched the first episode of Season 3) but have been tempted to give up on this series several times. I may finish now that I'm close to the end, but it is so frustrating! The concept was really interesting, but the writing and characterization have been at best inconsistent and at worst ridiculous. I'm especially frustrated with Laurits, who keeps going back to and siding with the Jutuls even though they have rejected him, threatened him, and tried to kill him several times, especially after Vidar's death. And he blames and betrays Magne even though Vidar was clearly trying to kill Laurits before Magne killed Vidar to stop him from killing Magne. I understand that Laurits is a disaffected youth who wants to feel accepted, but he has a biological mother and half-biological brother who both show that they love him despite his attitude and actions, yet Laurits rejects both of them in favor of people who reject and want to kill him and his biological family. I just wish the writers would show a little more emotional depth or conflict to Laurits.

More broadly, I'm frustrated with the Giants' constant threats of murdering Magne and his family since Season 1. They've had multiple opportunities to carry out these threats but somehow never actually do it. I can understand Magne's reluctance to actually murder the Giants, since he is a decent person at heart, but in the episode I just watched when he was threatening Fjor and Ran with the hammer, it was almost laughable to see him smash things and touch their cheeks with the hammer but not actually hurt them. I don't know how much more provocation he needs to do what needs to be done (kill the Giants), but until I read your post I had hoped that he would reach that point by the end of this season. Now I doubt that there will be any kind of satisfying ending.