Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

S04:E02

So once again we wander into the world of Criminal Minds. Where's Spencer Reid?

Why didn't the doctor give them the spiel about doctor/patient confindentiality?

Edited by preeya

This show appears to me to have gotten a  complete style makeover.  The office is kind of shiny and space age-looking compared to that old trailer or whatever they had before.  The female actors are all wearing fancier clothes and more glamorous hair and makeup.  It is really noticeable with Keshia Castle-Hughes, who used to be styled in jeans and sweaters in every episode.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 1

Ray Cannon isn’t that interesting in this episode. Don’t really like the way he talked to Sheryll. Will he go rouge rogue one day?

Kristin Gaines was being iced out when she first joined the team??? Yeah rrrrrrrrrright! 🙄🙄🙄

I guess Miss Miami forgot how arrogant she was during her 1st/2nd case when she took control and called the shots, leaving Jess speechless for a bit but then he went along with it. She’s made #2 by both Jess and Remy. Imagine how the OG team members would feel about it.

I don’t like the way Sheryll is being written in the later seasons. She’s a badass in S1. Am glad she stood up to Remy and ironed things out with him.

Not looking forward to next episode where Miss Mumble will be front and centre. Ugh. 😣

On 9/29/2022 at 12:07 AM, nittany cougar said:

This show appears to me to have gotten a  complete style makeover.  The office is kind of shiny and space age-looking compared to that old trailer or whatever they had before. 

I think that’s their usual base office and the trailer is their mobile office.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
Spelling. Ugh.
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2022 at 12:29 PM, sempervivum said:

Nobody has anything to say about the new guy? I found him quite boring, personally.

Also, 'multiple personalities' seems like such a corny, dated plot point.

I’m watching, as is Remy, to see if he’s worth his salt. So far, I see some nice positives, with a few blind spots. He does seem willing to put himself forward in the job (which isn’t boring), and that may lead him into jeopardy. I miss Jess as well, but for the sake of the remaining characters, I’m willing to give this season a chance. It’s not the same dynamic we started with, but it’s still interesting. 

• Love 2

Last night’s episode was rather confusing with all of the cartel players, and I saw it coming all along that the woman was playing them, I wonder if she’ll be back this season.

This was my first time seeing Ray, the new guy, and I thought he fit in fine. I still like Remy, and while I don’t have a strong dislike for Kristin the way some do, she’s not my favorite and I don’t really like how she’s usurped Barnes’ role as the #2 team member. I like the dynamic between the characters, very different from how it started but it’s still a good show.

• Love 1

I didn't care for the new guy in that awful Jason Isaacs show last year and I'm not impressed here either.   A real yawner.  

The sister pulling the strings was so obvious and far from the jaw dropper the not as clever as they think writers intended.  

At least it wasn't a super gruesome serial killer this week. 

• Love 2

This was a really good episode - the whole “treasure hunt” theme was interesting, and it was a good investigation into who was behind the scheme to get the gold and was greedy enough to kill those getting in their way. I liked how none of it was obvious from the start and it took a lot of investigation. 
Ray is fitting in nicely with the team, and while I miss the characters who’ve left I like the current team as well.  
I liked how Sadie apparently got the gold from the cave and Remy had a hunch about it but didn’t tell the treasury people.  
Very enjoyable episode overall.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mommalib said:

I like the way Ray is easing into the team it feels really natural. I hate when show introduce new characters and want to beat you over the head with how great they are. 

Umm, you mean like Remy?🤣

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4

Hannah did a great job holding it together and getting her and the girl out.  But there was definitely some plot stupidity when Hannah approached the wife.  Hannah should have heard that board creak too and whacked her right then with the poker.  And really she shouldn't have been in that situation anyway.   When she heard the baby crying she should have kept going.   Her best chance of helping everyone, including the baby, was to get out why it was clear and bring help.   Sure they probably would have cleared out before she got back with the cops but they would know who was involved and could track them and the baby down.  It's kind of like the airplane oxygen mask--you have to help yourself first so you're able to help someone else who needs assistance.   Plus she wasn't just risking herself, she was risking the other girl.

Did we know about Hannah's background before this?   I don't watch every episode but the way she was telling the story as if it was her sister and admitting it was her at the end makes me assume this was suppose to be new info to the audience. 

Why does the new team member keep moving in with Hannah?  Does the apartment come with the job?

So someone died under Remy's watch.   How long before we get that backstory?

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Pretty good episode, very intense, with some of the creepiest/worst villains this show has ever had. I liked seeing how Hana escaped and how Remy and the team tracked her down. Remy was extremely intense, and I also wondered about his line of “someone else dying on my watch” I wonder who that was. I don’t think we’ve heard about Hana’s backstory until now, I wonder if we will get more info about that, I did like how Hana referenced Jess when talking about how she joined the FBI. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Maverick said:

And really she shouldn't have been in that situation anyway.   When she heard the baby crying she should have kept going.   Her best chance of helping everyone, including the baby, was to get out why it was clear and bring help. 

Before that even, while she was still in the bathroom at the rest stop, she tried asking the "mom" about the daughter's bruises and they left. Hannah immediately followed and kept trying to ask questions. She should have stayed in the bathroom, called/texted for help, then left to go after them. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Remy was extremely intense, and I also wondered about his line of “someone else dying on my watch” I wonder who that was.

I presumed that he was referencing his brother.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Maverick said:

Did we know about Hannah's background before this?   I don't watch every episode but the way she was telling the story as if it was her sister and admitting it was her at the end makes me assume this was suppose to be new info to the audience. 

She had a stalker.  At the time of that storyline she was really blasé about it (they had to bring him in for some reason to help solve the case) but maybe there was more to it. Or they’re retconning.

S04•E05 - Chains

A great, much darker episode!

Hana made a wrong move in the restroom. When the mother refused to talk to her, she should’ve taken the hint and plan other strategies (calling for help etc.) instead of following them to the car. Geez Hana, you’re an experienced FBI agent!

Hana made me cry when she mentioned “my friend Jess…” 😭

Sorry Crosby, no tears for you!

So Hana is a reformed hacker, thanks to Jess??!

It is good to see Dalya Knapp (Ollie) in a serious role and she’s good at it. She plays a noisy, funny daughter in EVIL.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Maverick said:

Hannah did a great job holding it together and getting her and the girl out.  But there was definitely some plot stupidity when Hannah approached the wife.  Hannah should have heard that board creak too and whacked her right then with the poker.  And really she shouldn't have been in that situation anyway.   When she heard the baby crying she should have kept going.   Her best chance of helping everyone, including the baby, was to get out why it was clear and bring help.   Sure they probably would have cleared out before she got back with the cops but they would know who was involved and could track them and the baby down.  It's kind of like the airplane oxygen mask--you have to help yourself first so you're able to help someone else who needs assistance.   Plus she wasn't just risking herself, she was risking the other girl.

Why does the new team member keep moving in with Hannah?  Does the apartment come with the job?

So someone died under Remy's watch.   How long before we get that backstory?

You’re getting it alongside the rest of us. The whole reveal with Hana is new. And yes, she wasn’t willing to admit to the little victim that she, herself, had been a victim (not in the moment-she needed the girl’s trust). 
Hana’s big mistake, was trying to handle the situation out of the ladies room. No matter what kind of bad I perceived myself to be, I would have gone directly to my vehicle, driven off, and called for help. 
I thought Remy’s melt down was ridiculous and unnecessary. We already know he’s troubled by past events (as yet, unrevealed)-we don’t need to be smacked in the head. 

And finally, you are correct, every “first responder” knows and is trained to keep scene, self, victim, safe (in that order). I hated the addition of the crying baby at the end. (Bird in hand, two in bush?). 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

o Hana is a reformed hacker, thanks to Jess??!

I’m pretty sure we knew this in the first few episodes of season one, as at that time, she was on a very short leash. They quickly learned that she enjoyed using her skills for good. 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Pretty good episode, very intense, with some of the creepiest/worst villains this show has ever had. I liked seeing how Hana escaped and how Remy and the team tracked her down. Remy was extremely intense, and I also wondered about his line of “someone else dying on my watch” I wonder who that was. I don’t think we’ve heard about Hana’s backstory until now, I wonder if we will get more info about that, I did like how Hana referenced Jess when talking about how she joined the FBI. 

For a mainstream network TV show, this episode was pretty damn good...and I'm usually very critical of these kinds of shows (i.e. The Black List) for being unrealistic and pretentious but this once was really good. The actress who plays Hana was impressive and the writing team put together a very intense yet well written script. Hopefully they can keep the bar high and put out other episodes are as good as this one was.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

We knew Hana was adopted and that she has a half brother.  I don’t remember the stalker - and  I’d don’t  know if that was the ‘ bad thing ‘ that happened to her at 23.  I enjoyed seeing Hana doing things besides the techy stuff or tagging along with Jess or Remy.   

Her entry to the FBI is slightly different than Garcia’s.  Hana had to work one case - and chose to stay.  Garcia had to come to work for Aaron.   It wasn’t just for one case.  Garcia had  hacked several people and companies.  Hana only hacked the one person for revenge.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, Daff said:

You’re getting it alongside the rest of us. The whole reveal with Hana is new. And yes, she wasn’t willing to admit to the little victim that she, herself, had been a victim (not in the moment-she needed the girl’s trust). 
Hana’s big mistake, was trying to handle the situation out of the ladies room. No matter what kind of bad I perceived myself to be, I would have gone directly to my vehicle, driven off, and called for help. 
I thought Remy’s melt down was ridiculous and unnecessary. We already know he’s troubled by past events (as yet, unrevealed)-we don’t need to be smacked in the head. 

And finally, you are correct, every “first responder” knows and is trained to keep scene, self, victim, safe (in that order). I hated the addition of the crying baby at the end. (Bird in hand, two in bush?). 

Did they ever say who that baby belonged to?

On 10/20/2022 at 3:43 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

Wasn't that the same backstory they had for the computer wiz on Criminal Minds

Oh, dear! You can’t be thinking of “Baby Girl”, pure as the driven snow, Penelope! But, that has been done many times, as far back as “Sneakers”. Might you be thinking of “Raven” from CSI Cyber?

6 minutes ago, Daff said:

Oh, dear! You can’t be thinking of “Baby Girl”, pure as the driven snow, Penelope! But, that has been done many times, as far back as “Sneakers”. Might you be thinking of “Raven” from CSI Cyber?

I was thinking of "Baby Girl."  I never watched CSI Cyber. 

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, cameron said:

Did they ever say who that baby belonged to?

I think the sheriff (or whoever that LEO was) said something like "I've been looking for you" to the baby when it was handed to him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, illdoc said:

I think the sheriff (or whoever that LEO was) said something like "I've been looking for you" to the baby when it was handed to him.

I heard that but looking for you because of what?  Was it open ended?

1 minute ago, cameron said:

I heard that but looking for you because of what?  Was it open ended?

I just assumed there was an "Amber Alert" for the missing baby, which is why they were looking for him.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

i agree with everyone who said Hana mishandled the situation in the restroom. Once she realized the little girl needed help, she should have just gone back to her car, taken a picture of the license plate of the family's car, and called it in. 

Regarding her back story about how she came to work for the FBI, is that actually realistic and how the FBI gets some of their technical analysts? As others have mentioned, she's not the first character on an FBI procedural that has this back story. 

And finally, I just have to comment about Hana continuing to have her co-workers as roommates. If I spent as much time with my co-workers as they do, I would NOT also want them as roommates! Just seems to be TMI and too close for comfort. You already see them every day at work, why would you want to also see them at home??? Maybe it's just me...On FBI International, they just recently did this too, with Smitty, the new addition to the team, becoming roommates with Kellet. 

• Like 2
On 10/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, GiandujaPie said:

i agree with everyone who said Hana mishandled the situation in the restroom. Once she realized the little girl needed help, she should have just gone back to her car, taken a picture of the license plate of the family's car, and called it in. 

Regarding her back story about how she came to work for the FBI, is that actually realistic and how the FBI gets some of their technical analysts? As others have mentioned, she's not the first character on an FBI procedural that has this back story. 

And finally, I just have to comment about Hana continuing to have her co-workers as roommates. If I spent as much time with my co-workers as they do, I would NOT also want them as roommates! Just seems to be TMI and too close for comfort. You already see them every day at work, why would you want to also see them at home??? Maybe it's just me...On FBI International, they just recently did this too, with Smitty, the new addition to the team, becoming roommates with Kellet. 

Times/attitudes have changed exactly into your take on this. Blame HR.  A few decades ago, workplace coalescence was maintained with after hours, social activities like sports leagues and happy hour. Younger employees (Gen Z), want no part of that. Can’t really say I blame them. 

• Like 1

Re: Patent Pending, why didn’t she just bring a suit? Yes, I heard what the “expert scientist” said about patenting mushrooms. Crazy, super manipulative perp, doling out massive violence and murder via a drugged surrogate, was just  too much! Didn’t like this episode, except for Hana maybe considering she should talk to someone rather than rely on the antidepressants, no matter how mild. 

25 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

So on the FBI mothership, Maggie being given antidepressants would keep her out of the field. Here Hana gets them from the company doctor, who clears her for work.  

Maggie was given anxiety medication I think which is different from antidepressants.  I wasn't able to pay full attention to Most Wanted so all I heard was the stuff near the start about taking pills and the stuff at the end. 

26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Maggie being given antidepressants would keep her out of the field

She went to an "unauthorized" doctor for them and she could be fired for not reporting that she was taking them. Hana was given them by an "authorized" doctor and (presumably) the FBI knows she has the prescription.

2 minutes ago, illdoc said:

She went to an "unauthorized" doctor for them and she could be fired for not reporting that she was taking them. Hana was given them by an "authorized" doctor and (presumably) the FBI knows she has the prescription.

Oh yeah I forgot about the "unauthorized" part in Maggie's situation.

• Like 1

I guess the writers really don't like psylicybin(sp) therapy.  Our county just approved manufacturing and therapy last week so I guess we'll see if any evil geniuses show up to throw us all into a spin. 

Weird episode. And I don't like that they were hitting golf balls into the river. Not a good practice, FBI writers. Bad writers, bad. I realize that the river is probably as polluted as you can get but still they don't need more crap tossed in there.  It was also kinda weird that Hana was steered gently away from prescribed meds and right into a bottle of beer.  Idk. Just a very weird episode.

• Like 2

S04•E06 - Patent Pending

In Nine Perfect Strangers, psilocybin seems to make everybody happy, floating in between reality and fantasy. Not so much in FBI MW.

After several episodes, I find Special Agent Ray Cannon quite boring and lack of charisma. Is it the writing or the actor himself? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

S04•E06 - Patent Pending

After several episodes, I find Special Agent Ray Cannon quite boring and lack of charisma. Is it the writing or the actor himself? 🤔

Totally agree. He is literally "just there". 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

S04•E06 - Patent Pending

In Nine Perfect Strangers, psilocybin seems to make everybody happy, floating in between reality and fantasy. Not so much in FBI MW.

I like Ray but they need to flesh him out, he doesn't even have a backstory. This type of thing happens to Black men a lot on these shows especially on network TV, We get tokenized with no energy or care put into the character. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3